Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
186,421 - 186,440 of 224,357 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any evidence of this god bod you extol as real?
Honey, Most atheist knows that every atom in their body will last for as long as this universe lasts. There is no need to deceive themselves with god crutches and dreams of heaven and hell.
Oh yes wise one I do,proof,look at everything around you,look at the creation,are you trying to tell us this just happened?That is the great deception that your buddy lucifer has convinced you of,the Big Bang,evolution?It's like this,the little boy ask his teacher if we came from monkeys,scratching his head,then why are there still monkeys!You people won't and can't answer that,you just continue to say the same old crap..The problem with all of you is you can't prove there is no God.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great!! Now let's hope the rest of the world will follow in there footsteps! Love for Jesus
Your jesus was loves men, you love your jesus (a man)

You must be gay, your jesus must be gay

Methinks you really have not thought this trough properly

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Get your plane tickets benassfucked, you could get 3 hots and all the African cock you crave.
Your a piece of filth,you nasty pos

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>

What is "proper" thinking?
Here's a sample of what Christinemc^2 means by proper thinking:

"His evolutionary racism; his call to the German people for racial purity and unflinching
devotion to a “just” state; his belief that harsh, inexorable laws of evolution ruled human
civilization and nature alike, conferring upon favored races the right to dominate others; the
irrational mysticism that had always stood in strange communion with his grave words about
objective science—all contributed to the rise of Nazism."

-Stephen Jay Gould, Ontogeny and Phylogeny (1977)1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
People "educated" in barbarism were "educated".
"Education" is neither a positive or negative until you qualify it.
You are educated in your religion. It washed your brain.
The washing machine was set on "Light Load".
Ahh then perhaps we need to temper that education with morality,

That’s you intolerant and hate fuelled godbots out of the picture then

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony...
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a piece of filth,you nasty pos
where is your sense of humor? If you cant take the heat get out of the KITchen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a retard,you make no sense at all,stupid idiot,last comment to you,I know of a great exorcist,because honey you are in need of an exorcism,are at the very least a good psychiatrist,you've lost it!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes wise one I do,proof,look at everything around you,look at the creation,are you trying to tell us this just happened?That is the great deception that your buddy lucifer has convinced you of,the Big Bang,evolution?It's like this,the little boy ask his teacher if we came from monkeys,scratching his head,then why are there still monkeys!You people won't and can't answer that,you just continue to say the same old crap..The problem with all of you is you can't prove there is no God.
Ehm, nope, guesses based on bronze age ignorance, fallacy and mythology prove nothing.

Actually yes, US PEOPLE can answer that and have been answering that since it’s discovery. What is the problem here is that YOU PEOPLE ignore the facts

Actually I can prove (much to the consternation of certain godbots on here) that the god described in KJV, revelation 19:6 cannot exist in this universe at the same time as you so where does that leave you?

However there is the point that once again, those certain YOU PEOPLE ignore the facts and pretend that it will all go away if they ignore it hard enough

Seems to me that you have a faith built on ignorance but hey, you are welcome to it

Io Saturnalia
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
After the navy got into port, The sailors said you were savage as napalm

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a sample of what Christinemc^2 means by proper thinking:
"His evolutionary racism; his call to the German people for racial purity and unflinching
devotion to a “just” state; his belief that harsh, inexorable laws of evolution ruled human
civilization and nature alike, conferring upon favored races the right to dominate others; the
irrational mysticism that had always stood in strange communion with his grave words about
objective science—all contributed to the rise of Nazism."
-Stephen Jay Gould, Ontogeny and Phylogeny (1977)1
Are you talking about that good christian Hitler?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they can, I'm just waiting for somebody to answer it without bias or prejudice.
<quoted text>
I didn't blow it off, I scrolled past because it was a response to Buck, not me.
But you said the same biased, hateful and prejudiced kind of answer.
"Or maybe it's because churches, preachers, and Christians call AIDS their god's revenge"
You didn't answer my question, you ranted about a small percentage of extremist Christians. They do not represent the whole of Christianity but you pretend that they do.
That is bigotry, IANS. I just want you to acknowledge that.
How 'bout this one.

Gays think the christian church hates them because they espouse the doctrine that homosexuality is a grave sin, punishable eternally, when all other sins are matters of choice, while the person who is gay was likely born gay, and that is no different than being punished eternally for being born with a deformed limb.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Really? Let's look. Unless you want me to just make them up, I'll have to cut and paste those scriptures, something you seemed to object to in a recent post.
I did not say I object to you copy and pasting, I said you copy and pasted Scripture you don't understand.
[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1
[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8
[3]“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”- 2 Corinthians 6:14
[4] Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ." - 1 John 2:22
That one heckuva warning.
I know, right?
Most of it not written to unbelievers, but about them, so I'm not sure how it constitutes a warning, especially if they need to wait for a bible scholar to come along to interpret it. What if it's all allegory and metaphor?
You are an unbeliever and you've read it.

Imagine that.
This "warning" also manages to call us unbelievers lying, corrupt, vile, abominable, godless vessels in the service of evil, not one of which does any good, and fit to be burned alive forever as the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers.
It doesn't say that.

You're exaggerating.

Look up, you posted the Scripture.

See what I mean about not understanding?
You don't see any bigotry - any prejudiced intolerance - there, do you?
Ya, I do.
But you did see bigotry against Christianity for suggesting that it is homophobic.
I see that, too.

It seems you don't.

You see all Christians as one being, what one Christian does, all Christians do.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony...
Yes it is isn’t it that a man who loves another man so much can condemn gays so volubly

One of the ironies of christianity

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait sorry one more comment,we are Intolerant,WHAT,your the haters,your the ones who go around with your filthy mouth cursing God,call a doctor quick your head is spinning and your spitting green slime...
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

Here it is. Complete with Russia subtitles.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15mxtg_bbc-...
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I’d like to see it again too. The beeb have taken it down other than a clip of Lee Smolin. It was that program that got me interested in the BB, since then I have spent many happy hour reading up on the research. I think Laura Mersini-Houghton’s treatise is the most complete to date.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

Russian, even. ^
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just the pedophiles. More priests obstructed justice than diddled altar boys.
But I think we know that almost none of them will be prosecuted. There is almost no will to do so. The Vatican could have been treated the way the Mafia, NAMBLA, or a Thai sex syndicate would have been treated were it running the same operation in the US and the world. But it wasn't and probably never will be. Religion gets a pass.
<quoted text>
Sure, the rules of evidence need to be respected, and fair trials conducted. But is this really the time to be worried about innocent priests? How about innocent altar boys?
When the Catholic Church begins cooperating with law enforcement, we'll have a clearer picture of the history of these priests and will be in a better position to decide which are guilty. Without that, the process may be less efficient. Innocent priests can take that up with the Church.
And really, how many are innocent? How many haven't turned their back on a known or suspected problem?
Would you be warning us not to be overly zealous in prosecuting the Mafia, NAMBLA or a Thai sex syndicate molesting American boys in America?
I agree with you that no doubt there’s been abuses and those abusive Priest got away with nothing. They should have been hung right there in the courthouse.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

So your god couldn't predict the impact of industry?
Your god is not so bright.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The belief of Catcher or myself has nothing to do with our individual carbon footprints.
<quoted text>
No that's not what I said.
Not even close.
And last I checked, God didn't create airplanes.
Think, Thinking. I dare you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> After the navy got into port, The sailors said you were savage as napalm
Yes of course you must be a christian

What does you god tell you about lusting after married women?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

729 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 6 min PDX Dave 140
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min Krackerjacks 115,299
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Porkpie Hat 256,661
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Liam 532,930
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min It aint necessarily so 721,161
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Larry 599,096
Nine Eleven 34 min passing by 19
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr kalei 79
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••