Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194251 Dec 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
"The dogma of Christianity gets worn away before the advances of science" There is NO ONE on the face of the planet that could disagree with this statement,
I disagree with that statement.

In fact, I disagree with a lot of Hitler's statements.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194252 Dec 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
By a little thing called education you dim moron.
Not that I expect you to comprehend the word education
People "educated" in barbarism were "educated".

"Education" is neither a positive or negative until you qualify it.

You are educated in your religion. It washed your brain.

The washing machine was set on "Light Load".

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#194253 Dec 20, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Oh CHrissy, are you subconsciencely asking me to punch your vagina?
Nope that’s just the interpretation of your perverted and sick mind – tell me are you a christian by any chance?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#194254 Dec 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any evidence of this god bod you extol as real?
Honey, Most atheist knows that every atom in their body will last for as long as this universe lasts. There is no need to deceive themselves with god crutches and dreams of heaven and hell.
Oh yes wise one I do,proof,look at everything around you,look at the creation,are you trying to tell us this just happened?That is the great deception that your buddy lucifer has convinced you of,the Big Bang,evolution?It's like this,the little boy ask his teacher if we came from monkeys,scratching his head,then why are there still monkeys!You people won't and can't answer that,you just continue to say the same old crap..The problem with all of you is you can't prove there is no God.

#194255 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great!! Now let's hope the rest of the world will follow in there footsteps! Love for Jesus
Your jesus was loves men, you love your jesus (a man)

You must be gay, your jesus must be gay

Methinks you really have not thought this trough properly

Location hidden

#194256 Dec 20, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Get your plane tickets benassfucked, you could get 3 hots and all the African cock you crave.
Your a piece of filth,you nasty pos

Location hidden

#194257 Dec 20, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>

What is "proper" thinking?
Here's a sample of what Christinemc^2 means by proper thinking:

"His evolutionary racism; his call to the German people for racial purity and unflinching
devotion to a “just” state; his belief that harsh, inexorable laws of evolution ruled human
civilization and nature alike, conferring upon favored races the right to dominate others; the
irrational mysticism that had always stood in strange communion with his grave words about
objective science—all contributed to the rise of Nazism."

-Stephen Jay Gould, Ontogeny and Phylogeny (1977)1

#194258 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
People "educated" in barbarism were "educated".
"Education" is neither a positive or negative until you qualify it.
You are educated in your religion. It washed your brain.
The washing machine was set on "Light Load".
Ahh then perhaps we need to temper that education with morality,

That’s you intolerant and hate fuelled godbots out of the picture then

Location hidden

#194259 Dec 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony...
Bongo

Coram, NY

#194260 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a piece of filth,you nasty pos
where is your sense of humor? If you cant take the heat get out of the KITchen

Location hidden

#194261 Dec 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a retard,you make no sense at all,stupid idiot,last comment to you,I know of a great exorcist,because honey you are in need of an exorcism,are at the very least a good psychiatrist,you've lost it!

#194262 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes wise one I do,proof,look at everything around you,look at the creation,are you trying to tell us this just happened?That is the great deception that your buddy lucifer has convinced you of,the Big Bang,evolution?It's like this,the little boy ask his teacher if we came from monkeys,scratching his head,then why are there still monkeys!You people won't and can't answer that,you just continue to say the same old crap..The problem with all of you is you can't prove there is no God.
Ehm, nope, guesses based on bronze age ignorance, fallacy and mythology prove nothing.

Actually yes, US PEOPLE can answer that and have been answering that since it’s discovery. What is the problem here is that YOU PEOPLE ignore the facts

Actually I can prove (much to the consternation of certain godbots on here) that the god described in KJV, revelation 19:6 cannot exist in this universe at the same time as you so where does that leave you?

However there is the point that once again, those certain YOU PEOPLE ignore the facts and pretend that it will all go away if they ignore it hard enough

Seems to me that you have a faith built on ignorance but hey, you are welcome to it

Io Saturnalia
Bongo

Coram, NY

#194263 Dec 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
After the navy got into port, The sailors said you were savage as napalm

#194264 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a sample of what Christinemc^2 means by proper thinking:
"His evolutionary racism; his call to the German people for racial purity and unflinching
devotion to a “just” state; his belief that harsh, inexorable laws of evolution ruled human
civilization and nature alike, conferring upon favored races the right to dominate others; the
irrational mysticism that had always stood in strange communion with his grave words about
objective science—all contributed to the rise of Nazism."
-Stephen Jay Gould, Ontogeny and Phylogeny (1977)1
Are you talking about that good christian Hitler?

Location hidden

#194265 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they can, I'm just waiting for somebody to answer it without bias or prejudice.
<quoted text>
I didn't blow it off, I scrolled past because it was a response to Buck, not me.
But you said the same biased, hateful and prejudiced kind of answer.
"Or maybe it's because churches, preachers, and Christians call AIDS their god's revenge"
You didn't answer my question, you ranted about a small percentage of extremist Christians. They do not represent the whole of Christianity but you pretend that they do.
That is bigotry, IANS. I just want you to acknowledge that.
How 'bout this one.

Gays think the christian church hates them because they espouse the doctrine that homosexuality is a grave sin, punishable eternally, when all other sins are matters of choice, while the person who is gay was likely born gay, and that is no different than being punished eternally for being born with a deformed limb.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194266 Dec 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Really? Let's look. Unless you want me to just make them up, I'll have to cut and paste those scriptures, something you seemed to object to in a recent post.
I did not say I object to you copy and pasting, I said you copy and pasted Scripture you don't understand.
[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1
[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8
[3]“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”- 2 Corinthians 6:14
[4] Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ." - 1 John 2:22
That one heckuva warning.
I know, right?
Most of it not written to unbelievers, but about them, so I'm not sure how it constitutes a warning, especially if they need to wait for a bible scholar to come along to interpret it. What if it's all allegory and metaphor?
You are an unbeliever and you've read it.

Imagine that.
This "warning" also manages to call us unbelievers lying, corrupt, vile, abominable, godless vessels in the service of evil, not one of which does any good, and fit to be burned alive forever as the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers.
It doesn't say that.

You're exaggerating.

Look up, you posted the Scripture.

See what I mean about not understanding?
You don't see any bigotry - any prejudiced intolerance - there, do you?
Ya, I do.
But you did see bigotry against Christianity for suggesting that it is homophobic.
I see that, too.

It seems you don't.

You see all Christians as one being, what one Christian does, all Christians do.

#194267 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony...
Yes it is isn’t it that a man who loves another man so much can condemn gays so volubly

One of the ironies of christianity

Location hidden

#194268 Dec 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait sorry one more comment,we are Intolerant,WHAT,your the haters,your the ones who go around with your filthy mouth cursing God,call a doctor quick your head is spinning and your spitting green slime...
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#194269 Dec 20, 2013
Here it is. Complete with Russia subtitles.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15mxtg_bbc-...
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I’d like to see it again too. The beeb have taken it down other than a clip of Lee Smolin. It was that program that got me interested in the BB, since then I have spent many happy hour reading up on the research. I think Laura Mersini-Houghton’s treatise is the most complete to date.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#194270 Dec 20, 2013
Russian, even. ^

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min RainbowLength 828,759
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 584,430
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 18 min SallyinKY 321
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Porkpie Hat 270,678
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 26 min thetruth 9,334
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 28 min WasteWater 3,564
Poll Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 36 min girls united states 823
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 442,880
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr AntiqueAnnie 611,829
More from around the web