Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194037 Dec 19, 2013
Outrage wrote:
<quoted text>

Thank you,Einstein,yes I am..Sorry what pond did u crawl out of scum,oh I think u said river
You remind me of my old self.

I was very angry. Now I practice presence and awareness.

What state you from, Outage?

I'm guessing Arkansas.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194038 Dec 19, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You remind me of my old self.
I was very angry. Now I practice presence and awareness.
What state you from, Outage?
I'm guessing Arkansas.
What does that mean, to practice presence?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Santiago, Chile

#194039 Dec 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have admitted that my racism pretty much ends at racist jokes.
A bigot that does not make.
Hi from Riverside.
I don't keep a file.

But you lie and you know it.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Santiago, Chile

#194040 Dec 19, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Always good to here from Patagonia.
Hey Cletch,
A + E called me. They want to do a new reality show starring me.
"BUCK DYNASTY"
I can represent you.

40% is my fee.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194041 Dec 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I don't keep a file.
But you lie and you know it.
It's raining out here in SoCal.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194042 Dec 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can represent you.
40% is my fee.
You don't need the money.

Why do you have to charge anything other than operating costs?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#194043 Dec 19, 2013
Outrage wrote:
<quoted text>Yea right,I don't hate them either,sure would like to send them to another planet,let's see about Uranus....
Hey eagle!

I think you've been propositioned!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#194044 Dec 19, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature would give us nothing without God
Nature would give us nothing without Panspermia, prove your right and I'm wrong, I dare ya!!!!!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#194045 Dec 19, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
I learned that in high school Sociology class. From Mr. Walter Montgomery. I think it was a Tuesday. Got in a fight with Barry Newton that day.
I never had sociology in high school or university. Didn't get into any fights in either.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#194046 Dec 19, 2013
Outrage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea right,I don't hate them either,sure would like to send them to another planet,let's see about Uranus....
What does bother me is the one sided tolerance I’m seeing from the left. Phil Robertson, the patriarch in A&E's "Duck Dynasty,” Answers a few questions and one of those was his personal views on homosexuality.

He shares his views and now he’s suspended. But Bill Maher, David Letterman, Alec Baldwin, can say whatever they want and nothing happens to them. Calling conservative women sluts, whores or whatever.

So it seems if one expresses their freedom of speech they are rewarded by being punished? Especially if they express their views against homosexuality. Isn’t that what this country was founded on, freedom?

I hate hypocrisy and nothing edifies it more the left wing liberals. It seems they think they are the only ones with the right of freedom of speech. I hope Phil gets his job back and the network learns a lesson.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#194047 Dec 19, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does bother me is the one sided tolerance I’m seeing from the left. Phil Robertson, the patriarch in A&E's "Duck Dynasty,” Answers a few questions and one of those was his personal views on homosexuality.
He shares his views and now he’s suspended. But Bill Maher, David Letterman, Alec Baldwin, can say whatever they want and nothing happens to them. Calling conservative women sluts, whores or whatever.
So it seems if one expresses their freedom of speech they are rewarded by being punished? Especially if they express their views against homosexuality. Isn’t that what this country was founded on, freedom?
I hate hypocrisy and nothing edifies it more the left wing liberals. It seems they think they are the only ones with the right of freedom of speech. I hope Phil gets his job back and the network learns a lesson.
Bill Maher and David Letterman are comedians. Alec Baldwin lost his job because of his mouth. So did Martin Bashir when he slammed Sarah Palin.

Nice try, though...
Jim

Stanmore, UK

#194049 Dec 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your error begins with your first sentence. The Bible does not claim to be authored by God. It claims to be authored by men, inspired by God.
Let's work on that before jumping to the supposed contradictions, m'kay?
Your claim about the bible's importance, is what fails first.
Jim

Stanmore, UK

#194050 Dec 19, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does bother me is the one sided tolerance I’m seeing from the left. Phil Robertson, the patriarch in A&E's "Duck Dynasty,” Answers a few questions and one of those was his personal views on homosexuality.
He shares his views and now he’s suspended. But Bill Maher, David Letterman, Alec Baldwin, can say whatever they want and nothing happens to them. Calling conservative women sluts, whores or whatever.
So it seems if one expresses their freedom of speech they are rewarded by being punished? Especially if they express their views against homosexuality. Isn’t that what this country was founded on, freedom?
I hate hypocrisy and nothing edifies it more the left wing liberals. It seems they think they are the only ones with the right of freedom of speech. I hope Phil gets his job back and the network learns a lesson.
Religious people are using free speech to demand the right to be predjuced and oppressive.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#194051 Dec 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're on an atheism thread, Einstein.
Hey cupcake. You've been quiet lately. Is the trichotillomania under control yet?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#194053 Dec 19, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Nature would give us nothing without Panspermia, prove your right and I'm wrong, I dare ya!!!!!
Blaboon, Youre getting extreme. Why have you become a histrionic thespian? Everyone knows there is a deity or the possibility of one.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#194054 Dec 19, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You can find out. Next time you have a dick in your mouth, just talk and see what it sounds like.
If RR's theory is correct, it will sound something like what you typed.
I hope this is helpful.
What? Spit that dick out and say it again? We can't understand you with your mouth full.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Santiago, Chile

#194055 Dec 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need the money.
Why do you have to charge anything other than operating costs?
Raining?

Good for my plants while I'm away!

No, I don't care about the money, but I do care about the environment.

We have fucked it up.

Ozone layer dissipating, ice melting.

Tomorrow I'll be kayaking among glaciers that are melting, slowly but surely.

Your god, and your hero Buck, can't stop it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194056 Dec 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Raining?
Good for my plants while I'm away!
No, I don't care about the money, but I do care about the environment.
We have fucked it up.
Ozone layer dissipating, ice melting.
Tomorrow I'll be kayaking among glaciers that are melting, slowly but surely.
Your god, and your hero Buck, can't stop it.
With all your airline flights, you put out more toxic waste into the atmosphere than I will in my lifetime.

Enjoy your kayaking.

Don't pretend that it's guilt-free.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#194057 Dec 19, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Im curious to know if topix atheists have been honest enough to have a small chapter in their handbook which states, Upon the day of the rapture or after our demise , evidence will be deemed provided .
Honesty rarely roosts in the minds of these jerks, since, as Rev Anal clearly admitted, ir does not serve their purpose.

One of their crew once bragged (sneeringly) about raising funds for his atheist group by putting a cross on his baked goods, deceiving his customers into believing that they were supporting a Christian instead of his Army of Darkness. I guess it made him feel really good about himself, playing that game.

Here's a news flash for him: Don't expect to be so popular with "them" when living your life interferes with fundraising that you line their pockets with.

Yeah, yeah, don't end with a preposition....whatever.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#194058 Dec 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in a god, God.
Please show me the definition of theist where one must believe in all gods.
And don't use the Topix Atheist! handbook.
And you don't believe in millions of others.

I just don't believe in one more than you.

That's statistically insignificant - so you're an atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min eternalrock 992,448
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min positronium 53,354
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min Cooterbob 693,585
Can Chinese girls date foreign men? 32 min ezekiel11 1
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 1 hr Past JW 53
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 15
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,474
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) Mon dirtyguy34 35
More from around the web