Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
183,921 - 183,940 of 224,682 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm starting to feel unwanted.
What if your dog WANTED to piss on me while I'm on fire?
Would you at least leave it up to Fido?
C'mon, man. That's not asking much.
Please let someone or somethin' piss on me.
Even FIDO would find you to be too repugnant to lift his leg on.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Gawd, you're dumb!
If you moronically believe that our laws are based on Christianity and/or the belief in a god, then that is the same as saying the USA is a theocracy.
What a pile of puke anti-American you are.
NO respect for one of the main things that makes the USA the great country it is- a CLEAR separation of church and state with NO religious influence in ANY of our governing laws.
Sorry that chaps your big a@@ ugly butt.
Interesting.

You make a great deal of "God" not being in the Constitution.

Now you mention "separation of church and state" as important.

Would you point to that in the Constitution for me, Pig Balls?

...Just checking your consistency. I'm sure you understand.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Gawd, you're dumb!
If you moronically believe that our laws are based on Christianity and/or the belief in a god, then that is the same as saying the USA is a theocracy.
What a pile of puke anti-American you are.
NO respect for one of the main things that makes the USA the great country it is- a CLEAR separation of church and state with NO religious influence in ANY of our governing laws.
Sorry that chaps your big a@@ ugly butt.
youre having a meltdown you gnarly ass porker. Truth bothers you . You disillusioned freak

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I've heard from a friend in the FBI that FBI agents stopped at least one ATF agent from bringing in illegal automatic firearms to "plant" at the compound.
That was AFTER the fire.
The ATF is not loved by the shooting public.

Be advised that relaying such info may jeopardize your friend's job at the FBI. They get kind of paranoid when such is revealed outside their agency. Agents get fired, non-disclosure statements get signed. You don't want to do such things.

Seriously.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Even FIDO would find you to be too repugnant to lift his leg on.
That could be construed as an insult.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
instead of learning these things from you, they all just go into the great bin of things that Buck believes ... I presume that you post these things to inform others about them and that you would like to be believed. The difference between accomplishing that and not is the difference between making unsupported claims and providing credible supporting documentation.
Buck Crick wrote:
My objective is to hit the high points where facts contradict the story fed to the media by the government. Each can decide if he wants to know more.
OK. I would like to know more, but only if all I have to do is read it. I'm not interested enough to research it. So, in the bin it remains.
Buck Crick wrote:
My conclusion is solidified by the 2011 documentary, which is, that the raid was a stunt, people died, and then Clinton and Reno's actions to dispense with the embarrassment led to the death of the people. They made up the suspicion of child abuse - just like Hillary made up the youtube video demonstration at Benghazi.
I'm also convinced the guilt of it contributed to Vince Foster killing himself 90 days later.
I'll file all of this with the other. The documentary < http://www.youtube.com/watch... > was about 110 minutes long and posted by a guy who calls himself RightWingExtremist.If you put your cursor over his name, he confides to us that he is militia member and Christian opposed to the New World Order. Of course, he didn't make the documentary - he just posted it.

Wiki had next to nothing on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco:_A_New_Reve...

A review by Daniel Jolley "darkgenius" at < http://www.amazon.com/Waco-New-Revelation-Gen... > seemed very intelligent and impartial, and convinced me that if I ever want to give two hours to this subject, this documentary that you linked to would be a good place to go.

That, by the way, is the way to write/speak if you wish to be read/listened to. The use of extreme language filled with judgment makes the source seem not credible. You tended to do a lot of that yourself until recently. You are much more effective when you are more even as you have been in your handling of this topic.

And, of course, if you would ever deign to include quotes and links to support your more controversial contentions, you would be more effective yet. I'm leaving this matter with a strong suspicion that you have a legitimate gripe, but as I said, since this matter is no longer relevant for a variety of reasons, and since violence, cults, and theology are all turn offs for me, I won't be making the effort to find out just what that was, or which of your claims are accurate ans which were distorted or had significant omissions.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I like Hillary's 'stache better. It makes her look like a young Eric Idle.
http://www.drulie.com/jokes/Hillary_files/Hil...
Hi cupcake, hows things?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<
I didn't scorn them.
I'm just telling you that these problems you complain about are caused by policies you seem to support.
I see.

The war on drugs causes people to get hooked on drugs.

Damn them people trying to uphold the law.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>

Your stench which is fairly palpable even over the internet would certainly prevent you from getting anywhere near me.
OK, now I'm pretty sure that's an insult.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

<quoted text>
The Preamble is about the purpose of the government that was being formed by the Constitution, which was written in the name of "We the people" to serve the people. Where is the confusion coming from for you?
<quoted text>
"They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
<quoted text>
And who in America is telling others how they should live their lives? Who are these nannies?
Who is telling whom who they can have sex under the desk with, and judging others as immoral for not obeying his Christan ethics?
Who judges people that want to use illicit drugs criminals and lumps them in with welfare frauds?
Who approves of Big Brother reading his emails?
<quoted text>
Is that right? I outlined my vision for government, which is much, much, MUCH smaller, cheaper, and less intrusive than yours.
Try thinking rather than just repeating talking points you've heard. They're simply wrong.
<quoted text>
This is so frigging depressing to read. You have been captured 100%. And they have generated tens of millions just like you. I leave you to YOUR utopian vision of surveillance, military and police. Good luck
Huh...

I think you and I aren't on the same page here.

I think we're reading the same book, though.

Perhaps I misjudged you and the nanny state thing...
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Or grow up on gran daddy's coat tails never having worked a day in their lives.
You never have to worry about being loved, RR. Even by Jesus.
The ├╝ber wealthy are head over heels in love with you.
douchebag, anyone in this country can become wealthy if they play their cards right. It really is a promised land. You don't even need to be very smart, talented , or educated
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, now I'm pretty sure that's an insult.
Thanks, man

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
My pleasure. And kudos for bothering to do so.
Would you agree that hanging out with us "liberal elites" and reading what we have to say has been of some value to you?
I suspect that before Topix, which brings an unusual mix of people together, that you weren't exposed to a lot of things that you have found interesting and useful. The same applies for me with regard to prolonged and in depth exposure to the faithful.
I would have to agree with that.

I've learned quite a few things in my addiction here.

Not all things I agree with, but knowledge nonetheless.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
Clinton made it our business when he took it into the people's house.
Disagree. The White House was Clinton's home that year. I don't know if that includes the Oral Office (sic) or not, but if not, I suggest that we people have all rooms of the White House that are NOT considered residential monitored by us people. I'll bet presidents even jerk off in our bathrooms.
Buck Crick wrote:
Also when he violated federal statutes in the aftermath.
I'm less than convinced that you care about presidents violating federal statutes than you are about impugning Democratic presidents.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

<quoted text>
Small potatoes.
"Tobacco use remains the single largest preventable cause of disease and premature death in the US, yet more than 45 million Americans still smoke cigarettes. As of 2010, there were also 13.2 million cigar smokers in the US, and 2.2 million who smoke tobacco in pipes.
"Society pays and so do you. The burden of death, disease and disability by the use of tobacco products doesn't just lie with the smoker, but with society as well. Tobacco related health costs and productivity losses in the US:$193 billion
How are you doing with your smoking, Dave? Do you mind being a burden on society?
Tobacco is legal.

Just sayin.
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
And getting 7 billion people to agree on most things, and the means to provide for them all to be free from want. Don't forget the keeping religion and government out of their lives so they can express themselves with little or no restrictions.
There is your map of reality.
Good luck.
What do you know about reality, myth chaser?
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
You make a great deal of "God" not being in the Constitution.
Now you mention "separation of church and state" as important.
Would you point to that in the Constitution for me, Pig Balls?
...Just checking your consistency. I'm sure you understand.
Religions asking atheists for consistency!

LOL

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my gosh you are SOOOO sophisticated!!
You're by yourself.
Like I said.
Fuckingloser.
Right.

Because Jesus called everyone he didn't agree with a "fuckingloser"

You *are* a fake "christian".

Sad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

OCB wrote:
Wrong. Our laws are NOT "Christian" Laws.
Sorry, LOSER.
No, no, no.

You ain't posted in a while.

The first thing you're supposed to say is:

"Hi honey, dinner's almost ready."

Try again.
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say laws are based on religion or christianity.
I said they are based on belief in God,
Do you really buy this crap? God is religious, so maybe you hurt your head while trying to speak?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

402 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Hidingfromyou 93,862
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min confrinting with the word 533,692
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min MUQ1 257,034
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min scaritual 722,299
reason topix is GOING OUT OF STYLE 12 min Fine 3
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 17 min MUQ1 36,558
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 25 min cretin56 4,117
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,577
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr gianni cartooni 115,654
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••