Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#191758 Dec 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You're quite the multi-tasker, like Bill Clinton.
Incidentally, could you please pass the Poupon? It's between the brie and arugula. Just kidding. I'm more into chipotle and chimichurri these days.
There's a small "restaurant" in the L.A. Grand Central Market that has fantastic tamales de elote. I walk over and take some home at least twice a week.

And being in the market is almost being in Mexico--the products and the people.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#191759 Dec 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a $1.50, huh?
It was a criminal enterprise, not Jean Valjean stealing bread to eat. Organized crime.
No.

It was one kid, acting alone.

Read People v. Rodriguez (2012)55 Cal.4th 1125.

My case was almost on all fours with the Rodriguez case, which is why I secured a reversal.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#191760 Dec 12, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
We weren't talking about domestic security issues. We were talking about who was the enemy of the Constitution.
But now that you have defined liberal, then yes, you can blame the demise of the Constitution on liberals like Bush, Cheney, and Rove.
No, we were talking about domestic security issues.

My response was to your Bush conversation about ramming through elements of domestic surveilance, unless I misread it.

He was a liberal on those issues.

Unlike through-and-through liberals like Obama, Bush showed some degree of deference to the Constitution on other issues.

Obama and his allies hate the document.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#191761 Dec 12, 2013
<quoted text>
I hope they were praying. It was faith that got them there, and faith that kept them there.
<quoted text>
Nope.
The militant religious cult that stockpiled arms did.
Those people made nothing but bad choices, the first bad choice being to join a cult, the next bad choice being to remain when it was amassing arms, the next bad choice being to initiate or return fire on February 28, 1993, and the last bad choice being the refusal to stand down or release their children for 51 days.
Sorry, but whatever blame law enforcement deserves, it is doesn't mitigate the illegality of what those Christians did, nor their incredibly bad parenting. If my wife had been in there with my kids, I would have blamed her for not releasing the children, however angry I was at the government. Your insistence on giving the Christians a pass because they are Christians is what makes the rest of your take on this meaningless to me.
Reports say the ATF agents who were shot and those dragging them to safety were praying.

I don't hold the praying against them. Do you think the agents should have died because they were praying?

The Davidians had no stockpiles of arms.

They made bad choices. If they had known the government was going to burn them alive, more would have probably come out.

When our government decides to burn citizens alive, they should give warning, at least.

Can you agree on that?

Not only that, but before they tore into the building with tanks, chewing up some persons with the tracks, they announced on loud speaker that they would not make an armed attack.

Then, as aerial video shows, started firing automatic weapons into the house.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#191762 Dec 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com /2013/12/11/imagine-america-wi thout-los-angeles-expert-warns -southern-california-isnt-read y-for-major-quake/
Hmmmm....
I must confess there is a certain appeal about that.
Would Long Beach go with it?
Of course.

That's why I always park facing inland.

BTW, did you see the movie, A Day Without a Mexican?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#191763 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I have to disagree with ya there.

For small business owners that sell more widgets, it is a fact that they do increase wealth. It's also a fact that they try to open more and more locations so that they can sell more and more widgets which means the higher more and more employees.

Now if that small business owner has to pay their employees a higher salary, like $11 an hour instead of $7.25, they won't have as much wealth meaning the cant open more locations meaning they can't hire more employees.

It's the small business owners that really drive the work force in America, it isn't the government and its power.

[QUOTE] The main issue here is not prices to consumers or jobs for workers, the stuff the propagandists have filled your head with to enlist your support, but what share of the profits go to ownership and what share go to the workers. "

Yes, the main issue here is the prices to consumers. Specifically the prices of goods and services generated by minimum wage employees.

Think big business for a sec, think Walmart or Home Depot. Think about the tens of thousands of cashiers that they employ, cashiers that are mostly minimum wage employees.

Do you really believe that Walmart or Home Depot will absorb that extra cost for payroll? Of course they will they'll pass that extra cost onto the consumers. They'll past the cost onto you and me and all the minimum wage employees.

[QUOTE] The apportionment that leads to a world like I was born into, where a postman could afford a stay-at-home wife, a home, and expect to own two cars while putting braces on the children and sending them to college, is the world I want back. Since Reagan on, the trend has been to shunt the profits back up at the expense of the working middle class. Ownership isn't interested in sharing. Quite the opposite is true. "

That's true.

Because the government has imposed so many taxes and levies and insurance regulations that what used to be simple things like buying a home, owning two and putting braces on the kids has become near impossibledue to the extra costs imposed by the government.
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/07/23/5...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191764 Dec 12, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Are you this dumb? HOW did I threaten Buck by saying I wouldn't let a dog piss on him if he was on fire?
Oh ya, it's your Jewish Deist Cherokee Russian Princess superior morality that'd let a fellow human burn to death....

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#191765 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We have laws here in America.
All countries have laws.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good old-fashioned Christian laws.
Wrong.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
One of those is thou shalt not steal.
That is not exclusively a Christian law. Islamic countries have that law as well. The difference is the punishment for that offense.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In America, if you steal somebody's shit, you're supposed to go to jail and pay the penalty.
But we have jackasses like you that find loopholes in the system that keeps gang members on the street, right will you want them.
Fix the loopholes.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no right to talk about morals or generosity, sir.
He has the same rights as you do. We The People, remember?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a fuckingloser.
You're a fuckingredneck :)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191766 Dec 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
From the known facts, RR could have been charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon.
Cal. Penal Code sec. 245, subd.(a)1).
Earlier today you said committed a felony.

Now you say could have been charged....

Imagine that.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#191767 Dec 12, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You said that being convincing wasn't your goal - that you would leave others who needed to know to do their own researching. That's not me. I'll file claim in the bin of things Buck believes that may or may not be true.
But even if true, is that your standard for a reasonable number of guns per person - Texas? That could be fewer guns than the Texas National Guard has per head.
Moving on, how about the other munitions? This is from the link I provided earlier:
"As the government told the story in retrospect, its attention was drawn to the Branch Davidians near Waco in May 1992, when a driver for United Parcel Service reported that a carton for delivery to Mt. Carmel had broken open to reveal a shipment of (inert) hand grenades. The incident was reported to the Waco sheriff's office, which notified the office of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms in Austin. An agent named Davey Aguilera was assigned to investigate, and by tracing UPS invoices he compiled a list of $43,000 worth of guns, gun parts, gun kits, grenade hulls, black powder, chemicals, fuses, and ammunition."
Texas is the state they lived in.

I think that would be the state to compare their gun possession to.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#191768 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's our house. They were tenants.
Hey, Iman.
CNBC just reported that for 2010, the top 40% of income earners paid 106% of all federal income taxes.
The lower 40% paid -6%.(negative 6%)
This is because the bottom 40 received more in federal tax credits than they paid in.
Those wealthy people get all the breaks, huh?
Bwahahahaahahaaaaa....
Yeah, they do.

From the link which Aerobatty just posted:

"Corporation Pushes Six-Year Pay Freeze On Workers While Making Record Profits, Paying CEO $17 Million"

And Caterpillar is hardly an isolated or rare example.

This is corporate America, pal.....where the rich not only get richer, but do so off the sweat of the American worker and all while the American worker gets poorer.

But hey- do be like your buddy RR and be a willing- yet WITLESS- SHILL- for corporate America and the super wealthy.

No doubt it makes their "spoils" that much sweeter to know they are supported by fools like you and RR- the very fools which allow for them to continue to wallow in obscene wealth while it gets harder and harder for the average tax-paying, hard-working American to keep food on the table.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#191770 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, it's your Jewish Deist Cherokee Russian Princess superior morality that'd let a fellow human burn to death....
Oh for Pete's sake- take an expression (I wouldn't let a dog piss on you if you were on fire and RUN with it and take it LITERALLY, you IDIOT.
BTW, I have NO Native American ancestry that I'm aware of and you're STILL harping on what was a very tongue-in-cheek response to Dave Nelson of WEEKS ago??
Since you're like a dog who won't let go of a bone, YOU can p*ss on Buck if he's ever on fire.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#191771 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I have to disagree with ya there.

For small business owners that sell more widgets, it is a fact that they do increase wealth. It's also a fact that they try to open more and more locations so that they can sell more and more widgets which means the higher more and more employees.

Now if that small business owner has to pay their employees a higher salary, like $11 an hour instead of $7.25, they won't have as much wealth meaning the cant open more locations meaning they can't hire more employees.

It's the small business owners that really drive the work force in America, it isn't the government and its power.

[QUOTE] The main issue here is not prices to consumers or jobs for workers, the stuff the propagandists have filled your head with to enlist your support, but what share of the profits go to ownership and what share go to the workers. "

Yes, the main issue here is the prices to consumers. Specifically the prices of goods and services generated by minimum wage employees.

Think big business for a sec, think Walmart or Home Depot. Think about the tens of thousands of cashiers that they employ, cashiers that are mostly minimum wage employees.

Do you really believe that Walmart or Home Depot will absorb that extra cost for payroll? Of course they will they'll pass that extra cost onto the consumers. They'll past the cost onto you and me and all the minimum wage employees.

[QUOTE] The apportionment that leads to a world like I was born into, where a postman could afford a stay-at-home wife, a home, and expect to own two cars while putting braces on the children and sending them to college, is the world I want back. Since Reagan on, the trend has been to shunt the profits back up at the expense of the working middle class. Ownership isn't interested in sharing. Quite the opposite is true. "

That's true.

Because the government has imposed so many taxes and levies and insurance regulations that what used to be simple things like buying a home, owning two and putting braces on the kids has become near impossibledue to the extra costs imposed by the government.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/12/the-afflu...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191772 Dec 12, 2013
<quoted text>
They're not Christian laws unless Christians invented them. And they shouldn't be the law if only Christians care about them.
<quoted text>
Christians - erm -'borrowed' that one from the Jews.
Jews didn't institute the law in America. Christians did.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#191773 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Earlier today you said committed a felony.
Now you say could have been charged....
Imagine that.
You were originally charged with a felony.

You pleaded down to a misdemeanor.

Catcher is correct. Had you NOT been offered a plea bargain and/or had you not accepted it, yes- you not only COULD have been charged with a felony, you WOULD have been.

Of course, if stupidity were a criminal offense, you'd be charged on numerous felony accounts.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#191774 Dec 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Misfits is done, then. What did you reckon to the finale?
<quoted text>
I haven't seen it yet. I've been trying to keep up with Homeland and Blacklist. My time is limited lately. I'll get caught up soon. Such a unique series. I'll miss it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191775 Dec 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Ok.

So what, you wanna redistribute his wealth?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191776 Dec 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
All countries have laws.
<quoted text>
Wrong.
<quoted text>
That is not exclusively a Christian law. Islamic countries have that law as well. The difference is the punishment for that offense.
<quoted text>
Fix the loopholes.
<quoted text>
He has the same rights as you do. We The People, remember?
<quoted text>
You're a fuckingredneck :)
Oh ya.

Let the criminal gang members get away with crimes.

The poor guys, they're only victim of circumstance.

It's not their fault, right?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191777 Dec 12, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh for Pete's sake- take an expression (I wouldn't let a dog piss on you if you were on fire and RUN with it and take it LITERALLY, you IDIOT.
BTW, I have NO Native American ancestry that I'm aware of and you're STILL harping on what was a very tongue-in-cheek response to Dave Nelson of WEEKS ago??
Since you're like a dog who won't let go of a bone, YOU can p*ss on Buck if he's ever on fire.
I don't like how you talk about Pete.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191778 Dec 12, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You were originally charged with a felony.
You pleaded down to a misdemeanor.
Catcher is correct. Had you NOT been offered a plea bargain and/or had you not accepted it, yes- you not only COULD have been charged with a felony, you WOULD have been.
Of course, if stupidity were a criminal offense, you'd be charged on numerous felony accounts.
No.

I was arrested on a felony, charged with a misdemeanor.

And I made no plea.

If arrogant assumption was a criminal offense, you're ass would be fried by now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Riverside Rednek 47,477
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Just Think 692,215
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 19 min John 7
Add me on Skype for fun summerun1 54 min Summerun1 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr youareadufus 504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr youareadufus 990,751
Here’s What Oil Drilling Looks Like in the Arct... 4 hr Guy from Latonia 1
More from around the web