Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191533 Dec 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't need a reason to celebrate. Look at New Years Eve, Cinco de Mayo, Halloween, Superbowl Sunday, and St. Patrick's Day. How is Christmas different? Or Thanksgiving. People with nothing celebrate that at shelters. What are you celebrating on the Fourth of July these days? The national debt? Gitmo?
The big difference is you don't hear "Happy Holidays" for New Years Eve, Cinco de Mayo, Halloween, Superbowl Sunday, or St. Patrick's Day.

Also, you don't see atheists bitching about New Years Eve, Cinco de Mayo, Halloween, Superbowl Sunday, or St. Patrick's Day.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191535 Dec 11, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know none of them got pregnant?
Communication.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#191536 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
RR isn't just a simpleton.
He's a stooge for the corporatists, who laugh at his sort all the way to the bank, while he eats his BigMacs, drinks his Bud, and smokes his cigarettes in his dusty Riverside garage.
Buck is different. We don't know who's behind the persona.
Some burned out hippy chick. lol

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#191537 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It isn't necessarily so....
What are you - a grammar Nazi?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#191538 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
More evidence that we have no starting point from which to progress in discussion of political matters. I say that Bush used the Constitution as toilet paper:
"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."
"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."
"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"
I concur with you on W's disdain for the Constitution.

But at least he appointed two justices that are not openly hostile to it, as some others are.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191539 Dec 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Where did I mention children?

ChristineM wrote:
Moans of pleasure dear, cries of ecstasy, Itís only your kids that thurg when you are ramming their tiny child like and once so innocent butts with you diseased prick

blacklagoon wrote:
He puts duct tape over their mouths so the neighbors can't hear their thrugs, thought you knew!!!

---

That's where, you sick piece of pedo trash.

You AND Christine.

Location hidden

#191540 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know what she should or could have done except to give in to them demands of terrorist Christians, but I know that the parents and the spiritual leader of those children had weeks to let them out of that compound and didn't. Based only on faith, they and they alone chose to use those children as hostages and body shields for Koresh.
And the outcome was predictable: Either the Branch Davidians would eventually relent and obey the lawful order to surrender, or they might all perish. They understood that. They had over seven weeks to do the right thing, and they refused. Blame faith, not law enforcement:
Even if all of that were true, we don't hand out the unlitigated death penalty for such things.

We also don't use military assets, including tanks, to assault citizens. And we especially don't kill them when they are posing no threat.

That's a violation of federal law, not to mention reckless and indifferent to human life.

We also cannot ignore the government's role in setting the wheels in motion. A bunch of macho agents wanted to play cowboy, and thought it would be a good PR show for funding considerations.

Once agents died, it got personal and emotional with them.

They, Janet Reno, and Bill Clinton murdered those people. That's the rational conclusion that can be drawn.

And that's why Vince Foster put his pistol in his mouth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191541 Dec 11, 2013
What are you - a grammar Nazi?
Me?!

Wait a sec.

ME?!?!

Lol, no.

I gotta look up half the words you post.

Grammar Nazi, see: Catcher1.

Location hidden

#191542 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>
People don't need a reason to celebrate. Look at New Years Eve, Cinco de Mayo, Halloween, Superbowl Sunday, and St. Patrick's Day. How is Christmas different? Or Thanksgiving. People with nothing celebrate that at shelters. What are you celebrating on the Fourth of July these days? The national debt? Gitmo?
Sometimes I celebrate the first drink with a second.

Then I celebrate that one with a third.

Then,..

Well, you know.

Location hidden

#191543 Dec 11, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>

How do you know none of them got pregnant?
Well,...I never heard from them.

Location hidden

#191544 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>

That's beautiful
Thanks, man.

Fennario

#191545 Dec 11, 2013
Your support of the religious nutjobs under the leadership of a militant psychotic, pedophile, who barricaded themselves and their children with arms and explosives, and who preferred to martyr themselves and those children over stand down to a lawful order to surrender, says plenty about you. Sorry, but the only victims there were the children. They were victims of faith.
Dave Nelson wrote:
I see you are a Hillary fan. Figures.
You do? Do you also see Bigfoot?
Dave Nelson wrote:
You had a military assault, IN THE VERY BEGINNING, of the compound full of women and children with live ammo and explosives. But that is OK with you. You are a sick dude.
You need to read what happen again. You had 50 days of brandishing weapons IN THE VERY BEGINNING, then the assault.

Those people chose to die and to take their children with them. There was a nonviolent solution possible, but it was up to the faithful to opt for it.

You know, it may be a character flaw, but I feel nothing for the adults who died in Waco, in Jonestown, or in Rancho Santa Fe (the Heaven's Gate lunatics). This is Darwinism at work. Such people are unfit to survive, and remove themselves - and sometimes their progeny - from the gene pool. And frankly, I'd be afraid to live next door to the kids of such people had they grown up.

Blame the parents. And blame faith, not law enforcement. Faith is a very, very bad idea compared to reason, and predisposes people to do irrational things, sometimes leading to their deaths.

Location hidden

#191546 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I like the whimsical Buck. It's only hunkering Buck that I avoid.
There's plenty of Bucks to go around.

I knew you liked me. Everybody does.

It's the "fall in love with me" eyes.

Location hidden

#191547 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>

That's beautiful
Thanks again, man.

Fennario

#191548 Dec 11, 2013
Yeah, those North Koreans are flaming liberals. Liberals everywhere admire them and often cite them as role models.
Buck Crick wrote:
I detect a trace of sarcasm.
You see much, Grasshopper.
Buck Crick wrote:
Korea is exactly what liberals are shooting for, but not by name, of course. Centralized government, government-controlled economy.
Like I said, we often cite it as a role model. We're also quite enamored of the liberal states of Saudi Arabia and Iran.
Buck Crick wrote:
And you have to admit Kim Jong looks just like Hillary Clinton.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vladimir_Pu...
"I'm So Ronery"

Location hidden

#191549 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a case where a gang member took a park worker's bucket of tools, and told him he could have it back for $1.50.
The kid was convicted of extortion.
And you charged him $2500. Right?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#191550 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, man.
You owe me one, Buck.

Location hidden

#191551 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a case where a gang member took a park worker's bucket of tools, and told him he could have it back for $1.50.
The kid was convicted of extortion.
I got arrested in Larenceburg Tennessee for assaulting a police officer.

I paid a lawyer $1000 up front to defend me.

The next day they dropped the charges. He kept my money.

San Francisco, CA

#191553 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
And you charged him $2500. Right?
A bit more.

But I got the judgment reversed.

He (his parents, actually) got what they paid for, wouldn't you say?

Everybody was pleased.

Except the prosecutor.

San Francisco, CA

#191554 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I got arrested in Larenceburg Tennessee for assaulting a police officer.
I paid a lawyer $1000 up front to defend me.
The next day they dropped the charges. He kept my money.
That's how a retainer works.

The lawyer might have been up all night working on the case, for all you know.

There was a time when I charged $1000 for a retainer.

Now I add a zero or two, depending on the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hidingfromyou 763,322
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min WildWeirdWillie 174,991
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Aura Mytha 263,347
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min hojo 554,533
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 21 min Hatti_Hollerand 62
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 25 min real 33,132
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 50 min Mandela 119,177
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr NATHAN 176

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE