Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258478 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#191559 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A bit more.
But I got the judgment reversed.
He (his parents, actually) got what they paid for, wouldn't you say?
Everybody was pleased.
Except the prosecutor.
There ya go.

Keep them gang members out on the streets and out of our jails where they belong.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191560 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how a retainer works.
The lawyer might have been up all night working on the case, for all you know.
There was a time when I charged $1000 for a retainer.
Now I add a zero or two, depending on the case.
Yup.

Because keeping criminals on the street is the moral thing to do.

So long as you get paid.

Nice.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#191561 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Your key word is "religious". In your mind, it serves them right to be incinerated by direct actions of the government since they were religious.
Not so.

I think that faith provided them with an inaccurate map of reality and they ran off the road. I don't think they deserved to die any more than a drunk driver with a booze distorted idea of what the (literal) road looks like deserves to die.

I would like to see fewer people choose both of those paths.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#191562 Dec 11, 2013
nardo wrote:
Both Atheism and Christianity require you to imagine that you are so important that it matters at all what some nobody believes either way.
Congratulations on transcending both. And thank you for sharing your beliefs. They are important.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#191563 Dec 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You do? Do you also see Bigfoot?
<quoted text>
You need to read what happen again. You had 50 days of brandishing weapons IN THE VERY BEGINNING, then the assault.
Those people chose to die and to take their children with them. There was a nonviolent solution possible, but it was up to the faithful to opt for it.
You know, it may be a character flaw, but I feel nothing for the adults who died in Waco, in Jonestown, or in Rancho Santa Fe (the Heaven's Gate lunatics). This is Darwinism at work. Such people are unfit to survive, and remove themselves - and sometimes their progeny - from the gene pool. And frankly, I'd be afraid to live next door to the kids of such people had they grown up.
Blame the parents. And blame faith, not law enforcement. Faith is a very, very bad idea compared to reason, and predisposes people to do irrational things, sometimes leading to their deaths.
I can't say you are amusing becuase what you are isn't really funny.

"Blame the parents. And blame faith, not law enforcement."

Would you feel the same about law enforcement if they raided your house because someone thought they smelled marijuana coming from it? And you might have a gun, so they come in shooting? Oh, yes, you also play rock guitar.

Of course not, you rail against law enforcement quite often.

Federal agents came in guns blazing. They shot dogs as a preventative measure. That was not a please step out of the car measure.

Even if they didn't fire back they knew they were going to be crucified. They would have been arrested and hauled into jail for who knows how long, the children would be taken away by the state. Their community and life would have been destroyed.

They were all political pawns.

You may not think illicit drug use is illegal and injurious to individuals, but there are doctors higher up the ladder than you that think so, and the government believes them more than you. They are more educated and accomplished, and represent the scientific consensus.

May law enforcement catch up to you and your evil ways, IANS. Submit peacefully. You will only have your nose in the dirt for a while.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191564 Dec 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go.
Keep them gang members out on the streets and out of our jails where they belong.
It's that same kinda bastard that stole my truck and tools.

And it's the same kinda bastard lawyer that fights to keep the criminal free.

Fuckinglosers.

Westcliffe, CO

#191565 Dec 11, 2013
"State government spends more money dealing with the burden
s of substance abuse than on its prevention or treatment"

"In 2006, 54,161 Missouri hospital and emergency room visits were related to alcohol and 43,981 were drug-
related.

Costs for these visits totaled $77.2 million.

During the same year, 808 deaths in Missouri were drug-related and 369 were alcohol-related.

The National Institute on Drug Abuse estimates the economic cost of premature death due to alcohol and drugs
is $350,000 per person.

For the loss of Missouri lives due to substance abuse, this amounts to $411.9 million per year."

http://dmh.mo.gov/docs/ada/burdenofsaonmissou...

That is just in Missouri.

That is why there are laws against it.

Westcliffe, CO

#191566 Dec 11, 2013
IANS is truly a piece of work.

It is morally wrong to arrest a drug dealer or drug user. Such is a violation of their rights.

But it is quite OK to kill women and children because they are Christians and their husbands and daddies didn't submit to The Man.

Criminally minded or just a very hateful person?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#191567 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Few 40 hour-a-week jobs are minimum wage. Practically none.
Really?

That's good.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#191568 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Where'd you get that $23 figure from? The HuffHuff Post?

http://www.raisetheminimumwage.com/facts/entr...

10 bucks.

Not 23.
Yup

I stand corrected.

Minimum wage today is worth $5.22 an hour.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#191569 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, market conditions set prices.

If minimum wage is raied to the $11 figure, the market will demand compensation for that.

All if us, including the minimum wage employees, will be paying the difference.

What's the point?
We hold the execs' and CEO's pay where it is (already obscenely out of proportion) instead of passing it on to the consumers.

We outnumber them, you know.

About 99 to 1.

Westcliffe, CO

#191570 Dec 11, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-50821...

Interesting article about Hillary's personality. I also know a police chief that has had dealings with Hillary when she made official visits and has attested that Hillary is quite the bitch. That police chief is also female. So it appears she may be quite the imperious and impatient bitch.

I also read some time ago she was frustrated with the Waco siege because it was diverting from the agenda she had. So the lady that was going to take command as described in that article above pressured the underlings to get it over with ASAP.

Read the article and get to know her. Also recall if you will her statements in interviews from years ago that she always felt she had this special destiny.

You are talking about a person with some psychological issues of a serious nature when empowered.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#191571 Dec 11, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup
I stand corrected.
Minimum wage today is worth $5.22 an hour.
Actually it's $7.75.

Westcliffe, CO

#191572 Dec 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's $7.75.
$7.25 I believe.

In 1965 it was $1.25.

You got gas for 25 cents. You got cigarettes out of a machine for 30 35 cents. Road tolls were 10 to 25 cents. You could get a decent enough apartment for $40.

Back then 1/4 of your wages was supposed to cover your rent and utilities.

Let's see, gas has gone up 12 times, at least, that much? Cigarettes even more.

The wage went up 5.8 times. Doesn't even cover the increase in cigarette taxes. Or a whole bunch of other increases.

The minimum wage started in 1938. At 25 cents an hour. Imagine the cost of living increase since then.

The minimum wage is no where near where it should be.

Westcliffe, CO

#191573 Dec 11, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/11/tech/innovation...

The class divide.

The funny thing is how fast those techies can be jobless.

They are grossly overpaid.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#191574 Dec 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
$7.25 I believe.
In 1965 it was $1.25.
You got gas for 25 cents. You got cigarettes out of a machine for 30 35 cents. Road tolls were 10 to 25 cents. You could get a decent enough apartment for $40.
Back then 1/4 of your wages was supposed to cover your rent and utilities.
Let's see, gas has gone up 12 times, at least, that much? Cigarettes even more.
The wage went up 5.8 times. Doesn't even cover the increase in cigarette taxes. Or a whole bunch of other increases.
The minimum wage started in 1938. At 25 cents an hour. Imagine the cost of living increase since then.
The minimum wage is no where near where it should be.

It never was and never will be.
But only menial or unskilled labor earns this starting grade pay.
You can't expect it to pay 20.00 an hour to flip burgers, unless people want to pay 10.00 for a hamburger or 15.00 lunches.

Westcliffe, CO

#191575 Dec 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't expect it to pay 20.00 an hour to flip burgers, unless people want to pay 10.00 for a hamburger or 15.00 lunches.
Aura, it was entry level in 1965. And yes, you could live on it. Not real well, but you could.

You didn't have mandatory auto insurance unless you an accident you were charged with. I seem to remember when that mandatory started in Florida it was about $300 a year for that age group.

All of the necessities have grown much more exponentially than the wage. An awful lot from parasitism of government. Taxes, litigation, and mandatory insurance, which now includes Obamacare, and illegal immigration has killed the balance that used to exist.

American kids can't even get those entry level jobs nowadays and live at home to survive.

Lots of American kids are forced into taking college loans just to survive. That and drug dealing.

There are a lot of things wrong.

Westcliffe, CO

#191576 Dec 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah.

We have a right to cheap hamburgers, don't we?

They weren't so cheap relative to salaries back then before MacDonalds and BK.

You also don't get the same quality of those two as when they first came out. The BK Whopper, and especially that Yumbo they had, went for 59 cents, which was quite a deal because they were bigger and better quality. I loved those Yumbos. Ham and Swiss as big as a Whopper.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#191577 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More than $2500?!
Is that your generosity ebbing?
Hey look.

It's Mr. Free Market.

What's 27 years worth to you?

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#191578 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
Because keeping criminals on the street is the moral thing to do.
So long as you get paid.
Nice.
Says the guy who committed a felony.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min kent 673,179
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Rider on the Storm 104,691
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min ffj 981,248
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min Peter Ross 445,859
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 28 min ChromiuMan 6,187
News Michael Jackson Called A 'wonderful Humanitarian' (Jul '09) 2 hr Spotted Wee 7,660
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr LAWEST100 619,375
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Antonio Raviolio 184,619
More from around the web