Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 9,177)

Showing posts 183,521 - 183,540 of223,144
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
BUCK
.. when posters like Bongo, Rider, Dave and Eagle agree with me, you must come to your senses and realize us 'common folk' have a tremendous problem when Big Biz decides how the future must look ..
.. and, we haven't even started to address what happens to Small Biz when WalMart moves in ..
.. get a grip, it's not working. Must I take you over my knee? Again ??..
If I have to be the only rational person on this thread,...

I'm up to it.

Read Milton Friedman and Arthur Laffer.

Forget everything you think you know about economics, because it's all wrong.

I offer that as a favor because I like you.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm up to it.
.. Keynesian economics don't work ..

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that’s more or less what I said in “It failed in research and development”
As yet, anything that the US (most advanced technologically) or anyone else has against extra terrestrial threat is about as useful as a monkey p|ssing in the Atlantic
Though not perfect, the US has the only viable anti ballistic missile defense systems in the world.
We also have the stealthest warplanes ever devised.
Though we are only a hair ahead in these systems, we do have the edge, in both stealth and numbers. We in short, are unmatched by any foreign power.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Amazing kit, but Vietnamese tunnels and bicycles were good enough.

I think the B2 is silly money for what it does. For the same money, US taxpayers could deploy a massive number of stand off missiles - a good number would get through.

China won't have to go through all the committees and redesigns NATO countries do to arrive at their finished aircraft. They are already test flying stealth planes. They won't be as good, but they'll be cheaper.

If (we/you/us) want to get into an arms race with China, I'm sure they'll lend us the money.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Though not perfect, the US has the only viable anti ballistic missile defense systems in the world.
Though we are only a hair ahead in these systems, we do have the edge, in both stealth and numbers. We in short, are unmatched by any foreign power.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight.
You liked Goldwater, but disliked Reagan?
That's not possible.
Something happened to you Dave.
Something very bad.
Goldwater was a real deal. Reagan was a charlatan riding his coat tails.

Reagan's sincerity was limited to being an as*hole.

Never trust an actor.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
I proved [Dave's] analysis bogus.

So far, you're the only one who thinks so. Good work, Buck.
Buck Crick wrote:
Dave attempted to refute my evidence that Reagan's tax cuts led to an increase in federal revenue, but he queered the data by expressing it as a percentage of GDP. He also attempted to show that Reagan made the tax code more regressive by pointing to the relative rise in payroll taxes. I showed he was wrong by proving, first, that Reagan's measures only affected income taxes, and also by showing that, with the cuts, lower income earners' share of federal taxes went down.
It's rather easy to defend any point or its opposite by selecting the data you wish to present in the manner you like and disregarding the rest, like the argument that the wealthy are somehow being burdened even more with taxes than they were by showing the percentage of total taxes they pay rather than the percentage of their income that they pay in taxes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Though not perfect, the US has the only viable anti ballistic missile defense systems in the world.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_RUS...

The Germans were at one time, too. They were exhausted.

Russia is not a third world country or second rate in technology. Full scale war has been off the table for a while because of MAD. That missile shield at this time is a bad idea. It has motivated them.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
What a world.
Next thing you know, you might develop a decent welfare system, might.
Welfare state should be a back up economic for stability of a nation! Here a solution, the put our part of the US back to work! If only Local county of every state allow Open markets , sidewalk vendors ...to sell there wares like those developing/third world nations, this will somewhat alleviate poverty and lessen dependence on Welfare state... BUT ITS obnoxious bureaucracry that often obstructs the Mini/micro-enterpreneurships from forming! AAny one with solutions

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_RUS...
The Germans were at one time, too. They were exhausted.
Russia is not a third world country or second rate in technology. Full scale war has been off the table for a while because of MAD. That missile shield at this time is a bad idea. It has motivated them.
Also what is financially and morally bankrupting our corrupted US is militaristic Neo-imperialistic worldwide greedy hegemonic agendas . That what Buck and his minions - had been CONNEDservative , very few real conservative left must are NeoCONs! ABbahaahahahahaaa Note: NOT A lib or Con! ABbahahahaaa

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
What law did Reagan break? Specifics, please.
I'm really not interested in arguing with you, Buck. You don't argue in good faith. You just hunker down. Your support of Reagan is like religious faith.

If you like, call it an opinion - one I share with millions of other people, including the guy who wrote, "How the Reagan Administration Systematically Broke the Law" at http://middleeast.about.com/od/usmideastpolic...
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm up to it.
Thanks man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good Doctor, it seems that many in the present Presidential Administration are above the law.
They sold guns to Mexican Drug Cartels for crying out loud. A Federal Boarder Guard was killed with one of those guns. What idiot came up with such a asinine idea? Did heads roll in the Obama Administration?
Then they used the IRS selectively to harass people of faith. This also is illegal. Someone should be in prison over this deal.
Going back to the Clinton Administration. I remember the Waco debacle in which children were burned to death in a siege with military M-60 Tanks. I would agree the Branch Davidians were crazies but gas and burn children to death by Federal Agents?
Using Army Tanks against US Citizens? They should have just built a fence around the complex and manned it 24hours until they surrendered.
Then of course the home grown Terrorist action in Okalahoma City was a spin off from what happened in Waco. I would like to ask you how many in the Clinton and Obama Administration have been prosecuted and or held accountable?
We all can't blame it all on just one admins .

our US is world biggest / no. one exporter of Arms/Weapons Systems, no wonder their so much wars and dissensions around the globe.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really not interested in arguing with you, Buck. You don't argue in good faith. You just hunker down. Your support of Reagan is like religious faith.
If you like, call it an opinion - one I share with millions of other people, including the guy who wrote, "How the Reagan Administration Systematically Broke the Law" at http://middleeast.about.com/od/usmideastpolic...
Ouch, but I can understand the lack of desire to debate with a pugilistic pontificating pundit of pretentiousness.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor did they shoot down mothers holding their babies in the front door of their home, like Clinton and Janet "Kid" Reno did with Randy Weaver's wife.
They also shot his dog.
They would have had me in their wool right then.
OMG, I hoped the Federal Government had learned it's lesson then the Obama Admin goes and sells guns to the Cartels????

I don't hate the President but his administration is rogue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, I hoped the Federal Government had learned it's lesson then the Obama Admin goes and sells guns to the Cartels????
I don't hate the President but his administration is rogue.
Tell Buck Randy Weaver occurred under Bush, Sr.

There was a rogue ATF that had been working for a while. The same that set up Waco. But the Clintons had plenty of time to stop that murder. Their demonization of the victims is quite telling about them, and about their supporters.

Tell Buck to stick to religion. He is very good at that. This stuff, not so good.

He is probably mad at me.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Blob, they do. That's why all you haven't been rounded up, blob
LMAO!

You put negative jugits instead.

LMAO!

Like clockwork, you prove you are just another hatefilled bigot.

Thanks for playing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> There is a God
Prove it.

We'll wait.. just like we have been waiting for thousands of years and counting...

... but until you do?

Your claim is false.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Christine, some friendly advice.
You could prevent being made a fool of by me every day if you did one thing - stop trying to post on subjects you know nothing about, while trying to pretend to be knowledgeable.
The irony in the above is ... without limit.

LMAO!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
We'll wait.. just like we have been waiting for thousands of years and counting...
... but until you do?
Your claim is false.
Groan......

I hope they didn't change batteries in you before switching you on again.

I'm going to bed.

Goodnight.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Groan......
I hope they didn't change batteries in you before switching you on again.
I'm going to bed.
Goodnight.
So you got nothing? As per your usual?

LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 183,521 - 183,540 of223,144
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

474 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min Commander Bunny 255,686
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min dr Shrink 598,741
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min RiccardoFire 716,389
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 93,210
Teach your children to be LEERY of strangers 14 min cowboy 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min guest 529,929
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 34 min TamilNesan 456
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Lyndi 171,442
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••