Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258478 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#191347 Dec 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
More than fifty years ago, President John Kennedy challenged the U.S. scientific community to develop missiles that would carry men to the moon and back.
Did you see Bill Maher contrasting Kennedy and Reagan about two weeks ago?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pyfTm5R0O7wXX
Maher: "Historians will argue forever about whether Kennedy and Reagan were good presidents, but on this day can we at least agree that Kennedy was cooler? I mean, sorry, but our liberal icon was a smart, sexy war hero who said he wanted to go to the moon. Yours was an old fuddy-duddy who tried to rock denim.
"And don't tell me Reagan had Hollywood glamour. He wasn't a star, and in 1980 he was 30 years past his prime, which was never much. It would be like in 2016, if the Republicans nominated Judd Nelson.
"I mean, Kennedy hung out with the Rat Pack ... Here's Reagan's idea of a Rat Pack — Kirk Cameron, Phyllis Diller, Lucy, and Webster."
"JFK was far from perfect, but he was a true wit and a sex machine and he knew how to wear a pair of shades. Reagan was an amiable square in a cowboy hat who had sex with a woman he called Mommy. Kennedy was James Bond. Reagan was Matlock. Love him or hate him, we win. Republicans can call Reagan "their Kennedy" all they want, but it's like calling Miller High Life the champagne of beers. It's why calling someone your Kennedy will never really cut it, because our Kennedy ... is Kennedy.”
I agree Kennedy was cool and Reagan was a square.

Reagan was witty, however. I recall an account of the time when Reagan was trying to revive the "thumbs up" gesture. He and staff had just stepped in and sat down in the presidential limo among a crowd of onlookers.

Reagan flashed the thumbs up through the car window. A young guy outside gave him a finger. Reagan turned to the person seated next to him and said,

"See. It's catching on".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191348 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Didn't you move to Mexico for the tamales?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
If "tamales" is code for losing faith in one culture, and preferring to live in another with different weltanschauung, then yes.
========
Allow me:
Weltanschauung - a particular philosophy or view of life; the worldview of an individual or group.
By tamales I meant tamales.

Thems good eatins.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191349 Dec 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids, do you really think that I can speak for anyone else’s kids?
Not necessarily Saturnalia, you could include Yule, Mid Winter, Winter Solstice, Yalda, Kwanzaa, M&#333;draniht, Hanukkah, Pancha Ganapati and not forgetting Dies Natalis Solis Invicti. All as good an excuse as christmas and for the most part they are all far older celebrations with real events to celebrate.
Oh.

Your kids celebrate Saturnalia.

But not really.

Thanks for making that clear.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191350 Dec 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the transfer has already occurred ..
.. for instance, taxpayers subsidize the minimum wage of fast-food workers to the tune of $7 BILLION @ year ..
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-10-...
"Overall, 52 percent of families of fast-food workers are enrolled in one or more public assistance programs, compared with 25 percent of the workforce as a whole ... Public benefits receipt is the rule, rather than the exception, for this workforce...”
.. let me use RR's argument ..
"Why should I have to pay for someone's mistakes?"
.. change it to ..
"Why should I have to pay for your hamburger when I don't even eat cow?"
That's silly.

If one want to eat a hamburger they go buy one.

If one can't afford a hamburger, they better get off their lazy ass and get a better job.

Oh wait, that don't have to?

Hmmm

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#191351 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's time to move to North Korea. Even that's a gamble, now that Baby Kim is entertaining Dennis Rodman, a colored boy.
Hey, you post snipper.

Not nice.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191352 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of possible candidates for president in 2016, who would be your preference?
Name(s) only, please.
RiversideRedneck.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#191353 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice to agree with you.
You made the right choice voting for Reagan.
The Waco and Ruby Ridge incidents should have brought down a president, regardless of which one or which party.
The really slimy part was how Clinton evaded responsibility.
Janet Reno should be in prison today for firing CS Gas into a building full of children. Liberals love the children, by the way, in case you hadn't heard that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KHqC64Js7GYXX
Janet Reno was a hatchetwoman for the politicians that kept her in office. That is all she did in Miami. I don't think a lot of her.

There should have been some heads rolling on the ground for those incidents.

George junior showed much more class on dealing with political enemies and and government groups. That Ed Brown and his wife and anti-tax nuts were holed up in a fortified bunker, vowed to not be taken alive, and had supporters coming and going. Patience and a low profile let a US Marshal enter and arrest them without incident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_and_Elain...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191354 Dec 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, as taxpayers, we subsidize the income of fast-food workers instead of insisting employers pay them a living wage and pass it on to the consumer ..
.. if you go to a dine-in restaurant and order a burger, you probably tip the server. Yes,(s)he's making minimum wage but when you add gratuity, you're paying the true price ..
.. to reduce product cost, fast-food restaurants do not factor in the true value of service. This business model generates profit and demeans the worth of an employee. If anything, it is the ultimate elitist attitude ..
.. if fast-food restaurants paid their employees a livable wage, your burger would cost an additional $1.00. Instead, workers must depend on government handouts to survive ..
.. for me, the picture is wrong. Along with demeaning the value of service people by forcing them to apply for charity, it places an unnecessary tax burden on everyone ..
.. who benefits? The person who likes Big Macs and is too lazy to cook a nutritional meal? How about the restaurant owner? Can't you see anything wrong with the picture ??..
Yes, your burger would cost an additional $1.00.

So would milk, bread, cereal, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, bottled water, etc.

Everything that is dependabt on a cheap labor force would see an increase in price.

So where would that leave the new minimum wage worker?

Just as broke and just as dependent.

Ever been to Popeye's? They have this delicious bucket of chicken for $8.99. Increase the minimum wage and that same bucket of chicken will likely rise to $10.99.

The minimum wage person doesn't get to pay the old $8.99.

Capisce?

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#191355 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's time to move to North Korea. Even that's a gamble, now that Baby Kim is entertaining Dennis Rodman, a colored boy.
Post snipper.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191356 Dec 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, a McDonald's franchise can afford to pay their employees a decent wage but they won't ..
.. and, they will not increase their price because business might take a nosedive ..
.. so, it all boils down to greed, doesn't it ??..
McDonald's had to take he double cheeseburger off the dollar menu because it cost them more than a dollar to produce.

Because of the cost of the cheese.

Cheese.

One of the easiest things to control in a retail or restaurant environment is payroll. If it isn't controlled, it could mean the demise of a company.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191357 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't subsidizing fast food restaurants.
You are subsidizing cigarettes and beer. Here's how.
When you are in line behind a woman using food stamps to buy bread and milk, then she takes out cash and buys cigarettes, your tax dollars subsidize the cigarettes.
The food stamps you provided freed the funds for her to buy cigs, so it's the same as the food stamps buying a portion of the cigs.
It is the principle of money - it is "fungible".
You put your water in the deep end of the pool, and hers in the shallow end. But when you take out a bucket of water, part of it is hers and part yours.
So your food stamps are subsidizing Marlboros and Lottery Tickets.
How do you like that?
I once had this knucklehead kid outside of a 7-11 ask me to trade cash for his food stamps.

$1 in cash for $2 in food stamps.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191358 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, Buck, things sure are going to hell in a handbasket, aren't they?
It all started with the abolition of slavery. Then desegregation, followed by the voting rights legislation.
After that, women got the right to vote. Later, women got some reproductive rights. Now even homosexuals have rights. And we have a black president.
What next?
We have a black president?!

Hmmm

I swear his mama's white.

Location hidden

#191359 Dec 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D omestic_policy_of_the_Ronald_R eagan_administration
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Air...
I posted yesterday about Reagan getting residuals for actors via union actions. He was the head of the union and called the strike. Neverending pay for one time work.
But he fired thousands of air traffic controllers for union activities. One of the most stressful and responsible jobs around with some very outdated equipment and short staffed. These were the guys that kept you in the air or the planes off your roof.
He didn't try to fix the system. He just fired them.
Someone remarked on his being an economic genius.
"Speaking of Reagan himself, Donald Regan, the President's former Secretary of the Treasury, and later Chief of Staff, criticized him for his supposed lack of understanding of economics: "In the four years that I served as Secretary of the Treasury, I never saw President Reagan alone and never discussed economic philosophy or fiscal and monetary policy with him one-on-one.... The President never told me what he believed or what he wanted to accomplish in the field of economics."
Reagan hired the man.
"Regan's memoir, For the Record: From Wall Street to Washington, exposes his disagreements with First Lady Nancy Reagan, including the claim that Nancy's personal astrologer, Joan Quigley, helped steer the President's decisions. Regan wrote:
Virtually every major move and decision the Reagans made during my time as White House Chief of Staff was cleared in advance with a woman in San Francisco [Quiqley] who drew up horoscopes to make certain that the planets were in a favorable alignment for the enterprise."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Regan
If my memory serves, didn't Don say these things after Reagan fired him?

But I'm sure his accounts are gospel.

Reagan fired air traffic controllers, as he should have, because they broke the law, and their contract, by going out on an illegal strike.

He warned them beforehand he would fire them if they did it.

They called his bluff. It didn't work out for them.

Planes still stayed in the air.

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel, Dave.

I predicted you would get to the astrologer when you ran out of anything else.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#191360 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a black president?!
Hmmm
I swear his mama's white.
Off to the gym.

Location hidden

#191361 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Your kids celebrate Saturnalia.
But not really.
Thanks for making that clear.
What Christine's kids celebrate is another year where someone didn't hold her under water in the bathtub till the bubbles stopped.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#191362 Dec 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't even if they have already been deployed.
You would be surprised
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#191363 Dec 11, 2013
Same as it ever was.
Buck's also incapable of posting the full definition of Atheism.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you post snipper.
Not nice.

Location hidden

#191364 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I once had this knucklehead kid outside of a 7-11 ask me to trade cash for his food stamps.
$1 in cash for $2 in food stamps.
Dope dealers driving Mercedes spend lots of food stamsps.

They have no "reported income", since their dope business is in cash. So they qualify for your tax money.

Don't ask me how I know this.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#191365 Dec 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Buck doesn't even get infinity. He just posts stuff about Hilbert without understanding it all.
<quoted text>
Infinity is a quite a subject for sure and add a doughnut and he will never recover

Location hidden

#191366 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Off to the gym.
And not a moment too soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Gabriel 983,187
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min bad bob 16,861
slaves and slave masters within philadelphia's ... 33 min Laura 5
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 53 min Doctor REALITY 27
i want to know asian or latino shemales in seat... (May '09) 1 hr Jeffrey 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Anthony MN 683,876
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr common sense 27
More from around the web