Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256555 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#191259 Dec 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Buck, I am not going to take that seriously. He was intelligent enough to write, but his ambitions compelled him to write what his sponsors wanted to hear. I'm sure he had some input regarding that.
You know Jane Wyman was Republican and he was Democrat, and his political thinking at the time was a primary reason for their divorce?
"Originally a member of the Democratic Party, his positions began shifting rightward in the 1950s, and he switched to the Republican Party in 1962."
"After being hired in 1954 to host the General Electric Theater, a TV drama series,[65] Reagan soon began to embrace the conservative views of the sponsoring company's officials.[65][66] His many GE speeches—which he wrote himself—were non-partisan but carried a conservative, pro-business message; he was influenced by Lemuel Boulware, a senior GE executive. Boulware, known for his tough stance against unions and his innovative strategies to win over workers, championed the core tenets of modern American conservatism: free markets, anticommunism, lower taxes, and limited government."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan#Ea...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chameleon
:-)
You're down to his marriage with Jane Wyman.

I'd say we have pretty much exhausted this one, then.

Oh, wait. You haven't covered Nancy's astrologer yet.

Your handlers would insist.

Location hidden

#191260 Dec 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
"There are, of course, many people who worked diligently to secure residuals for film actors. But at the top of the list is President Ronald Reagan. Not the U.S. President, but the union president. Here's what happened."
"On June 30th he paid his $25 SAG initiation fee and became "a union man." By 1941, Reagan had joined the the SAG board of directors. He soon rose to 3rd Vice President, and was ultimately elected President in 1947."
"During his first tenure as SAG president (1947-1952) Reagan, then a liberal Democrat,"
" But the actors were firmly committed to their cause and, in the fall of 1959, they voted to return Ronald Reagan to the SAG presidency to spearhead the negotiations.
The talks began in January 1960 with the two sides a great distance apart. The producers refused to even talk about residuals. They put forth a simple and compelling question: Why should any employee be paid more than once for the same job? "
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/arch...
Ronnie was a solid union man.
Yeah, I know.

And Hillary Clinton was a "Goldwater Girl".

Fascinating stuff.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#191261 Dec 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexuals are cancer for the societies.
I don’t agree or understand their lifestyle. Nor do I like their recruiting of kids by Hollywood.

But I have to disagree with your statement. Many homosexuals are victims of their environment. They are people that need to be loved and not hated.

Location hidden

#191262 Dec 10, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There were some, yes, no denying that point. But I don't recall him using M-60 Tanks against children like the Clinton Admin did in Waco.
Nor did they shoot down mothers holding their babies in the front door of their home, like Clinton and Janet "Kid" Reno did with Randy Weaver's wife.

They also shot his dog.

They would have had me in their wool right then.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#191263 Dec 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, a McDonald's franchise can afford to pay their employees a decent wage but they won't ..
.. and, they will not increase their price because business might take a nosedive ..
.. so, it all boils down to greed, doesn't it ??..
Corporate Greed. Some employees, the one's that can get an order right and do exceptionally well should be paid more.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#191264 Dec 10, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're down to his marriage with Jane Wyman.
I'd say we have pretty much exhausted this one, then.
Oh, wait. You haven't covered Nancy's astrologer yet.
Your handlers would insist.
Buck, you know you are my hero dealing with these moron Topix atheists, but I must confess to being alarmed by your being snake charmed by that Hollywood creation. That is something they do.

You got me scared, bro. I'm going to have to look for an exorcist that can work over the net. I think someone slipped an evil spirit into one of their posts to you.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#191265 Dec 10, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
There's also a large demographic both here and in the US that consists of men abandoning their families. Should those families suffer further and have assumptions made about them?
Seems to me like political agenda, sure don't worry about taking care of the needy (great christian attitude RR) let's direct all taxes towards the military so we can kill some more people and drill for oil.
GoldOilDollar
Yes, it always takes 2 to tango.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#191266 Dec 10, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Their skills and labor have a market value.
Government actions like minimum wage laws distort it.
Once the exchange of money and services is distorted, unintended consequences result.
The free market is the most efficient arbiter. The incentives in the free market are properly aligned - toward maximum benefit of all parties.
Government introduces perverse incentives - as in, rewarding sloth, poor resource management, and lack of quality outcomes.
But the breaks are a lot longer - I'll give you that.
.. skills and labor have never had a true market value ..

.. whether they were blacksmiths, carpenters, house servants or field workers, slaves were housed and fed at the whim of their masters ..

.. until the feminist movement, women were paid less than their male counterparts for the same skills. In many fields, they continue to be paid less ..

.. even today, " .... blacks have a 7 percent lower reservation wage than their white counterparts at a comparable job that demands a comparable skill level.."

http://freakonomics.com/2011/10/06/explaining...

.. Buck, American has become the aristocracy of the moneyed. The aristocracy has always decided who receives what. When the peasants revolt, the ruling class changes tactics. Instead of slavery, there's sharecropping. None of this has worked in the past and it's not going to work in the future ..

.. when government becomes a full fledged member of the aristocracy, revolution occurs and history repeats itself ..

“True Blue”

New Holland

#191267 Dec 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids, do you really think that I can speak for anyone else’s kids?
Not necessarily Saturnalia, you could include Yule, Mid Winter, Winter Solstice, Yalda, Kwanzaa, M&#333;draniht, Hanukkah, Pancha Ganapati and not forgetting Dies Natalis Solis Invicti. All as good an excuse as christmas and for the most part they are all far older celebrations with real events to celebrate.
Now that's a good point. I might wish everyone a Merry Yule this year.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#191268 Dec 10, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know.
And Hillary Clinton was a "Goldwater Girl".
Fascinating stuff.
It is not love and admiration I have for Hilary. It isn't sexual attraction, either.

I liked Goldwater.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#191269 Dec 10, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Corporate Greed. Some employees, the one's that can get an order right and do exceptionally well should be paid more.
You make a good point. The turnover rate in that industry has to be astronomical. Even the managers have high turnover rates. I had a friend that was promoted to manager. She was ecstatic, and hadnt been there long at all. IIRC she started out at about 40 grand a year. She didnt last long because when your help didnt show up managers were required to stay until a replacement came in. They aren't reimbursed for that. She got paid well but was putting in 60- 70 hours a week filling in.

“True Blue”

New Holland

#191270 Dec 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You're dumb. Straight people get cancer too.
<quoted text>
Yeah true. They also get mental illness, like Adam.

“True Blue”

New Holland

#191271 Dec 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, Buck, things sure are going to hell in a handbasket, aren't they?
It all started with the abolition of slavery. Then desegregation, followed by the voting rights legislation.
After that, women got the right to vote. Later, women got some reproductive rights. Now even homosexuals have rights. And we have a black president.
What next?
Maybe it's time to move to North Korea. Even that's a gamble, now that Baby Kim is entertaining Dennis Rodman, a colored boy.
Nice one. LOLOL

Location hidden

#191272 Dec 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. skills and labor have never had a true market value ..
.. whether they were blacksmiths, carpenters, house servants or field workers, slaves were housed and fed at the whim of their masters ..
.. until the feminist movement, women were paid less than their male counterparts for the same skills. In many fields, they continue to be paid less ..
.. even today, " .... blacks have a 7 percent lower reservation wage than their white counterparts at a comparable job that demands a comparable skill level.."
http://freakonomics.com/2011/10/06/explaining...
.. Buck, American has become the aristocracy of the moneyed. The aristocracy has always decided who receives what. When the peasants revolt, the ruling class changes tactics. Instead of slavery, there's sharecropping. None of this has worked in the past and it's not going to work in the future ..
.. when government becomes a full fledged member of the aristocracy, revolution occurs and history repeats itself ..
Slavery is not a free market system.

This thread is getting crazy.

Ians thinks conservatives are taking over, I think liberals are taking over, Dave thinks Reagan was a bad president, and you think we are poised for slavery.

This reminds me of when I was incarcerated in the mental hospital.

Except there's nothing to smash and break out.

With Established Harem

#191273 Dec 10, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
BUCK

.. when posters like Bongo, Rider, Dave and Eagle agree with me, you must come to your senses and realize us 'common folk' have a tremendous problem when Big Biz decides how the future must look ..

.. and, we haven't even started to address what happens to Small Biz when WalMart moves in ..

.. get a grip, it's not working. Must I take you over my knee? Again ??..

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#191274 Dec 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>I know, Buck, things sure are going to hell in a handbasket, aren't they?

It all started with the abolition of slavery. Then desegregation, followed by the voting rights legislation.

After that, women got the right to vote. Later, women got some reproductive rights. Now even homosexuals have rights. And we have a black president.

What next?

Maybe it's time to move to North Korea. Even that's a gamble, now that Baby Kim is entertaining Dennis Rodman, a colored boy.
What a world.

Next thing you know, you might develop a decent welfare system, might.

Location hidden

#191275 Dec 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not love and admiration I have for Hilary. It isn't sexual attraction, either.
I liked Goldwater.
Let me get this straight.

You liked Goldwater, but disliked Reagan?

That's not possible.

Something happened to you Dave.

Something very bad.

With Established Harem

#191276 Dec 10, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery is not a free market system.
This thread is getting crazy.
Ians thinks conservatives are taking over, I think liberals are taking over, Dave thinks Reagan was a bad president, and you think we are poised for slavery.
This reminds me of when I was incarcerated in the mental hospital.
Except there's nothing to smash and break out.
.. no, the peasant class will never accept slavery ..

.. how about I just take you over my knee now so you won't beg ??..

Location hidden

#191277 Dec 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
BUCK
.. when posters like Bongo, Rider, Dave and Eagle agree with me, you must come to your senses and realize us 'common folk' have a tremendous problem when Big Biz decides how the future must look ..
.. and, we haven't even started to address what happens to Small Biz when WalMart moves in ..
.. get a grip, it's not working. Must I take you over my knee? Again ??..
If I have to be the only rational person on this thread,...

I'm up to it.

Read Milton Friedman and Arthur Laffer.

Forget everything you think you know about economics, because it's all wrong.

I offer that as a favor because I like you.

With Established Harem

#191279 Dec 10, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If I have to be the only rational person on this thread,...
I'm up to it.
Read Milton Friedman and Arthur Laffer.
Forget everything you think you know about economics, because it's all wrong.
I offer that as a favor because I like you.
.. Keynesian economics don't work ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Robert F 653,963
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Aura Mytha 63,886
Watching wife with others 25 min 53Brian 3
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 50 min Peter Ross 797
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 52 min Dr Banonator 106,493
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min Hangman 973,777
I posed as black to get into medical school 2 hr vijaychokalingam 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 281,863
More from around the web