Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

UdiotRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#191060 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You had me at World Peace.
You stupidFucking womp jawed moron.
Go take a crap in traffic.
You no Christian! And Nice ad hominem , not gonna go down to you level , as the world see you as big bullies , US warring Plundering Barbarian had given our US a bad name and reputation worldwide ; as world no longer can trust us, because you f! war mongering barbaric Neocons and dumbed down brainwashed jugheads... had ruined our US and world with Militaristic Neo-imperialism had morally and financially bankrupted US and illegal US wars on world had created many problem at home and abroad . BAhahahahaa! But most of you warring jugheads are intellectually challenged ,when you start with you above stupidity, tell what kind bad characters you are by telling world that you can't be trusted...! how that for Apples you war mongering barbaric jughead of meatheads?

Bahhahaaaaa

Bahhahaaaa

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191061 Dec 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are far from alone in that opinion. With all due respect, Buck, these conversations remind me of why I opted out of America. I concluded that your side is going to prevail, and I don't share your vision even a little.
Didn't you move to Mexico for the tamales?

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#191062 Dec 9, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, corporate greed is why they send jobs overseas instead of paying a decent wage to Americans.
Not all , some greed can be attributed to the Unions.
I'm not against making a fair wage. but sometimes our
law's make terrible mistakes.
UdiotRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#191063 Dec 9, 2013
<quoted text>
And you are far from alone in that opinion. With all due respect, Buck, these conversations remind me of why I opted out of America. I concluded that your side is going to prevail, and I don't share your vision even a little.
Buck are those not so intelligent, the little joes of bunch believes in Authoritarian type values ,supporting corrupted leaders in power greedy Corporatist agendas, whether knowingly or not, supported them in created this big mess we all seeing at home and abroad. ironic! The need to wake up!
UdiotRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#191064 Dec 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you move to Mexico for the tamales?
IANS must likely rune away from you minions With A '666' on your foreheads! ABhahahahaaaa
UdiotRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#191065 Dec 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Another big win for you where it really counts, Buck.
he'll win big but in long run he lose more and also his generations and after will see lost even more ! here is you counter to bucks silliness ! Hope that help you AINS! Bahahhaaaa :)

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#191066 Dec 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Christian ethics? Seriously? And Jehovahn economics?
All I can think of now is the phrase "irreconcilable difference," and to wish you good luck as well with all of that.
You can't seem to get Christianity off your brain, IANS.

"Jehovahn economics"?

How did you associate that with corporations?

Hey, Bub, your contrary self is not on here ranting against Buddhist, Hindu, Greek, or Roman ethics. You are railing against the ethics of the religion du jour. Same old thing for almost 2000 years.

No soup for you.
UdiotRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#191067 Dec 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Good luck with that. I think that you don't understand the people that you carry water for very well. They have no respect for your liberty, just their own. They want to concentrate wealth, opportunity, and privilege. They are contemptuous of you and me both.
What amazes me is why you still think otherwise. These are people that are not satisfied with winning. They need you to lose to feel better about themselves.
You make easy for Buck naked the Simpleton to understand , i make to complicated for him ; see like you doing better job in explaining department! Kudos to you IANS, try wake up the little jughead! ABbabbabaaa

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191068 Dec 9, 2013
idiot wrote:
IANS must likely rune away from you minions With A '666' on your foreheads! ABhahahahaaaa
Where did IANS put his rune?
UdiotRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#191069 Dec 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did IANS put his rune?
NOT RUNE ! RUN FROM YOU , YOU HAVE '666' ON YOUR FOR HEAD!

iN THE RUNE , HE Forseen '666' on your jugheads... eVEM pRESIDENT JIMMY Carter said USA is Satan!

Read up!
UdiotRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#191070 Dec 9, 2013
@Riversiderednecked

Former president Jimmy Carter:
'
We sent Marines into Lebanon and you only have to go to Lebanon, to Syria, to Jordan ...too witness first-hand the intense hatred among many people for the United States because we bombed and shelled and unmercifully killed totally innocent villagers-women and children and farmers and housewives-in those villages around Beirut .... As a result of that ...we became kind of a Satan in the minds of those who are deeply resentful. That is what precipitated the taking of our hostages and that is what has precipitated some of the terrorist attacks.'
UdiotRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#191071 Dec 9, 2013
ADD! BWmAHAHAHAHaHaHAHa

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#191072 Dec 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>The fatcats in the boardrooms love guys like you.

They also laugh at you.
Laugh all the way to the bank no doubt,'look at the dumb sheep arguing while we fleece them!'

Would be funny if not so sad.
UdiotRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#191073 Dec 9, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Laugh all the way to the bank no doubt,'look at the dumb sheep arguing while we fleece them!'
Would be funny if not so sad.
That BUck NAKED and rest is still clueless! Babababaaaa
UdiotRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#191074 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is without any moral or constitutional basis for determining wages.
You and I have no right to say how much money someone "deserves".
A person's labor, brains, and industriousness is worth EXACTLY what he can convince someone to pay for it.
No more, no less.
A free market based on each person's self-interest is the best and only method of achieving prosperity.
There are too few people remaining who understand this, and the results are openly observed. And it's getting worse.
Where AIN lest off! Of course that given govt don't have right to determine wages for those companies. A unfettered free market only mostly benefits those greedy Monolitihic monoplolizer who plunders third world nations and other nations of it raw resources and steals other nations talents, seem like you need to reasearch more on How our obnoxious US militaritic Neo-imprailism had outsourced American jobs and even ruined world economies, and no wonder illegals are coming to Us because of ? Let see how smart you are Buck naked , explian why you dislike Illegals and still clueless why you ahte them? It is because of ? come on jugheadS, EXPLAIN IT TO ME IF YOU NOT A RETARD baHAAHAHAHAHAAA

You mean Minumum wage is not a priority on you agenda , NOR is it governing Institution priority??

mand you such DUMB INGORANT BUCKNAKED bUCK ! BAHAHAHAAA
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#191075 Dec 9, 2013
Are you talking about Bank of America?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think society should be financially responsible for a person's fuckups?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#191076 Dec 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Not all , some greed can be attributed to the Unions.
I'm not against making a fair wage. but sometimes our
law's make terrible mistakes.
You're part of the problem.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#191077 Dec 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
He cut federal money that those state funded facilities depended on.
Buck, you are starting to sound like a Topix atheist citing Dawkins. An ism is taking over your mind.
Reagan was a creep wearing a mask and a flag slung over his shoulder.
I heard rumors a long time ago that when he arrived in Hollywood he courted the gay producers for parts. In his term there was also an ex-ABC correspondent who was fired for false reporting that turned Republican activist that committed suicide. He was known for taking his gay lovers on midnight tours of the White House. That was in the newspapers twice that I saw, then disappeared forevermore. I was sitting in a HoJo in Coral Gables waiting for breakfast looking out over US1 by the front door the first time I read that. I was sitting in the larger dining area the second time, and in another paper. These were not the Enquirer. The story just evaporated into thin air.
BTW, as governor of California he legalized abortion. Two million abortions resulted from that.
More bull shit.

He never cut funding for state facilities. It never happened.

You already pointed out how spending grew in those years. You can't have it both ways.

You obviously know nothing factual about Reagan's record. There is no shortage of innuendo you can throw at the wall. It's unbecoming and irrational.

REAGAN'S RECORD:

* The proportion of total income taxes paid by the top 1 percent rose sharply under President Reagan, from 18 percent in 1981 to 28 percent in 1988.

* While the average effective tax rate for the top 1 percent fell by 30 percent between 1980 and 1992, and by 35 percent for the top 20 percent of income earners, it fell by 44 percent for the second-highest quintile, 46 percent for the middle quintile, 64 percent for the second-lowest quintile, and 263 percent for the bottom quintile.

* These reductions for the lowest-income groups were so large because President Reagan doubled the personal exemption, increased the standard deduction, and tripled the earned income tax credit, which provides net cash for single-parent families with children at the lowest income levels. These changes eliminated income tax liability altogether for over 4 million lower-income families.

* Critics often add in the Social Security payroll tax and argue that the total federal tax burden shifted more to lower-income groups and away from upper-income groups; but President Reagan's changes were in the INCOME TAX, not in the Social Security payroll tax. The payroll tax was imposed by proponents of big government over the past 50 years, and it is they, not Ronald Reagan, who should be held accountable for its distributional effects.
Nevertheless, even if one counts the Social Security payroll tax, the SHARE OF TOTAL FEDERAL TAXES increased between 1980 and 1989 for the following groups:

For the top 1 percent of taxpayers, from 12.9 percent in 1980 to 15.4 percent in 1989;

For the top 5 percent of taxpayers, from 27.3 percent in 1980 to 30.4 percent in 1989; and

For the top 20 percent of taxpayers, from 56.1 percent in 1980 to 58.6 percent in 1989.

* On the other hand, the SHARE OF TOTAL FEDERAL TAXES, if one includes the Social Security payroll tax, declined for four groups:

For the second-highest 20 percent of taxpayers, from 22.2 percent in 1980 to 20.8 percent in 1989;

For the middle 20 percent of taxpayers, from 13.2 percent in 1980 to 12.5 percent in 1989;

For the second-lowest 20 percent of taxpayers, from 6.9 percent in 1980 to 6.4 percent in 1989; and

For the lowest 20 percent of taxpayers, from 1.6 percent in 1980 to 1.5 percent in 1989.

Ronald Reagan's economic policy is the most successful of the 20th century. His foreign policy ended the Cold War and made possible the subsequent defense spending reductions that were largely responsible for the balanced budget Clinton and Gingrich took credit for.

I can keep this up.
El Centro

United States

#191078 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
More bull shit.
He never cut funding for state facilities. It never happened.
You already pointed out how spending grew in those years. You can't have it both ways.
You obviously know nothing factual about Reagan's record. There is no shortage of innuendo you can throw at the wall. It's unbecoming and irrational.
REAGAN'S RECORD:
* The proportion of total income taxes paid by the top 1 percent rose sharply under President Reagan, from 18 percent in 1981 to 28 percent in 1988.
* While the average effective tax rate for the top 1 percent fell by 30 percent between 1980 and 1992, and by 35 percent for the top 20 percent of income earners, it fell by 44 percent for the second-highest quintile, 46 percent for the middle quintile, 64 percent for the second-lowest quintile, and 263 percent for the bottom quintile.
* These reductions for the lowest-income groups were so large because President Reagan doubled the personal exemption, increased the standard deduction, and tripled the earned income tax credit, which provides net cash for single-parent families with children at the lowest income levels. These changes eliminated income tax liability altogether for over 4 million lower-income families.
* Critics often add in the Social Security payroll tax and argue that the total federal tax burden shifted more to lower-income groups and away from upper-income groups; but President Reagan's changes were in the INCOME TAX, not in the Social Security payroll tax. The payroll tax was imposed by proponents of big government over the past 50 years, and it is they, not Ronald Reagan, who should be held accountable for its distributional effects.
Nevertheless, even if one counts the Social Security payroll tax, the SHARE OF TOTAL FEDERAL TAXES increased between 1980 and 1989 for the following groups:
For the top 1 percent of taxpayers, from 12.9 percent in 1980 to 15.4 percent in 1989;
For the top 5 percent of taxpayers, from 27.3 percent in 1980 to 30.4 percent in 1989; and
For the top 20 percent of taxpayers, from 56.1 percent in 1980 to 58.6 percent in 1989.
* On the other hand, the SHARE OF TOTAL FEDERAL TAXES, if one includes the Social Security payroll tax, declined for four groups:
For the second-highest 20 percent of taxpayers, from 22.2 percent in 1980 to 20.8 percent in 1989;
For the middle 20 percent of taxpayers, from 13.2 percent in 1980 to 12.5 percent in 1989;
For the second-lowest 20 percent of taxpayers, from 6.9 percent in 1980 to 6.4 percent in 1989; and
For the lowest 20 percent of taxpayers, from 1.6 percent in 1980 to 1.5 percent in 1989.
Ronald Reagan's economic policy is the most successful of the 20th century. His foreign policy ended the Cold War and made possible the subsequent defense spending reductions that were largely responsible for the balanced budget Clinton and Gingrich took credit for.
I can keep this up.
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2001...

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#191079 Dec 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a bit about bullying too. It's easy to stop.
Did I tell you about my first day in High School?
Ohhh. Well let's just hope it did get better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everyone is a fool 5 min Truthiness 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Neville Thompson 286,104
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Michael 667,994
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min St Elmos Fire 92,795
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 55 min Neville Thompson 1,106
REAL Smooth New Age Chamber Jazz 57 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr truth 183,654
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Richardfs 979,488
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 619,238
More from around the web