Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258039 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

UdiotRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

Brooklyn, NY

#190980 Dec 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't corrupt Unions any more. They did it to themselves. It's just a smaller form of government. Back room deals that line the pockets of the Union negotiators. They don't give a shit about the workers. They never did and they never will. There are no "good" Unions. SEIU is the worst followed closely by the AFT. You have good young teachers coming out of college with great ideas who think they're going to make a difference. Then they find out that they get to pay off their student loans by being a whore for the Teachers Union.
They need to be broken and it needs to start now.
What you explaining about backrooms deals is nothing new.

As to AFT , i have problem with Seniority VS Educational merits ; based pay of good vs BAd teachers .

But you should do research about SEUI help workers to get Back pay... else who gonna represent them? Who help made the US Middle Class? Who help when the workers are abused? Who helped workers to make a decent wage , and get decent health care package ...? Who Help in getting compensation for workers who got hurt on the job ? Who help in educate in protecting workers from bad labor practice and help filing claims that got hurt unsafe work environment ... The crooked Business owners and Corporations will try to abuse workers who undereducate about labor laws... Most of lower working class , are not educated beyond highschool degree and/or some don't have money to to fight those crooker monolitic monsters, so who gonna represent this underclass... so

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#190981 Dec 9, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And will have no loyalty.
And will only do what's absolutely required of them. No more.
And will jump ship in a heartbeat for a better offer, even if it's only slightly better.
And when they do have a little more money than it takes just to have a roof over their heads and halfway decent food on the table, they will spend it growing the economy. Not putting it in offshore tax shelters or spoiling their teenage children.
.. good points ..

.. tell me, what does patriotism mean to you ??..

.. does it mean loving your country right or wrong ??..

.. or, perhaps challenging and questioning the status quo ??..

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#190982 Dec 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. how do I say this? My lawn lady isn't the brightest candle? She's learnt how to handle a mower, how to fix a sprinkler system and how to manipulate the bureaucracy ..
.. she could never be an engineer, attorney or even a nurse. Her options are limited to entry level jobs that pay minimum wage ..
.. you're suggesting she return to school, learn a new skill, right? How can she do that when her learning ability is limited ??..
P.S. Please don't call me an elitist. Today's high-paying jobs require advanced specialized training. My lawn lady is incapable of grasping such an education. That's reality.
I was going to stay out of this but your lawn lady has a couple solvable problems. Fixing #1 will take care of #2 unless of course #2 is her REAL business.......

1. She doesnt charge enough. If she does good work, she could and should charge more. If you cant make a living in your business, your not doing something right. She needs to figure out what that is and fix it. It could be as simple as charging more or recruiting more business.

2. Shes a common criminal.......

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#190983 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
McDonalds main incentive to not screw the public is the market.
The financial crisis of 2008 was mostly caused by government liberals.
Led by Barney Frank, they imposed what were called "affordable housing" requirements on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 1992. Before that time, these had been required to buy only mortgages that institutional investors would buy--in other words, prime mortgages--but Frank and others thought these standards made it too difficult for low income borrowers to buy homes. The affordable housing law required Fannie and Freddie to meet government quotas when they bought loans from banks and other mortgage originators.
At first, this quota was 30%; that is, of all the loans they bought, 30% had to be made to people at or below the median income in their communities. HUD, however, was given authority to administer these quotas, and between 1992 and 2007, the quotas were raised from 30% to 50% under Clinton in 2000 and to 55% under Bush in 2007.
The government created the demand for these weak loans; less than 30%(7.8 million) were held or distributed by the banks. When these mortgages failed in unprecedented numbers in 2008, driving down housing prices throughout the U.S., they weakened all financial institutions and caused the financial crisis.
.. just one question ..

.. who profited ??..

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190984 Dec 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>

You should set it to music.
OK.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#190985 Dec 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>.. good points ..

.. tell me, what does patriotism mean to you ??..

.. does it mean loving your country right or wrong ??..

.. or, perhaps challenging and questioning the status quo ??..
Oh I'm definitely in the latter category.

And I have paid heavily for it.

#190986 Dec 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. how do I say this? My lawn lady isn't the brightest candle? She's learnt how to handle a mower, how to fix a sprinkler system and how to manipulate the bureaucracy ..
.. she could never be an engineer, attorney or even a nurse. Her options are limited to entry level jobs that pay minimum wage ..
.. you're suggesting she return to school, learn a new skill, right? How can she do that when her learning ability is limited ??..
P.S. Please don't call me an elitist. Today's high-paying jobs require advanced specialized training. My lawn lady is incapable of grasping such an education. That's reality.
I'll just add this, by your lawnlady undercharging she brings the whole industry down. There are people like her in every market. They skimp. Some may go w/o insurance, some w/o an office or whatever, they charge less then the going rate and screw themselves and the legitimate businesses. Shes screwing herself because she invests the time but cant survive on her income, she screws her competitors by taking potential customers and giving out the impression THEY are overcharging.

Location hidden

#190987 Dec 9, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If Buck doesn't know SDI and Star Wars were interchangeable terms in this context, then his Reagan polemics will be horseshit too.
<quoted text>
No, they were not interchangeable terms.

One term was the media's derogatory nickname.

The other is an actual scientific project.

The problem is not Buck's knowledge, Dumbass.

The problem is Buck is debating dumbasses, Dumbass.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#190988 Dec 9, 2013
-_-ill-_-bill-_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi River. I seem to get banned daily LOL Just wanted to say HI.
Hi Bill !!!

Stay safe in those trees. I worry about you.

Location hidden

#190989 Dec 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. just one question ..
.. who profited ??..
From what?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#190990 Dec 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the high school student and the mother are doing the same job, then they should get the same pay.
Or how about this? What if the mother wasn't single? Should she get paid less than the single mother?
That's all crazy. The same job gets the same pay.
There you have it then. While the student makes his gas and condom money, the mother buys food for her children with her EBT card. That's kinda how it works, right?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#190991 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they were not interchangeable terms.
The liberals will bitch and whine at you if you call the ACA "Obamacare".

They understand that much...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#190992 Dec 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>No, they were not interchangeable terms.

So it's safe to assume you don't use the term "Obamacare."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190993 Dec 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:

.. just one question ..
.. who profited ??..
Buck Crick wrote:
From what?
Chinese scarves.

Location hidden

#190994 Dec 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Personal income tax revenues declined from 9.4% GDP in 1981 to 8.3% GDP in 1989, while payroll tax revenues increased from 6.0% GDP to 6.7% GDP during the same period.[4] This represented a more regressive tax regime, with more revenue derived from the flat payroll tax versus the progressive income tax."
"The nominal national debt rose from $900 billion to $2.8 trillion during Reagan's tenure, an average national budget deficit per year of $237.5 billion, as compared to an average national budget deficit per year of $56.9 billion during Carter's tenure. The federal deficit as percentage of GDP rose from 2.65% of GDP in 1980, Carter's final budget year, to 3.04% of GDP in 1988, Reagan's final budget year."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaganomics#Fede...
Smoke, mirrors, bullshit, and creative accounting.
There was a lot of that in government and with the mergers of large corporations and fleecing of investors. A house of cards was created that is still being propped up with smoke, mirrors, bullshit, and creative accounting.
There was no manufacturing growth, Buck. That was moved overseas. That is the real wealth. It was replaced by parasitic industries and suckering in foreign investors with those artificial numbers. Hence the propping up of the house of cards still going on.
I was a poor working class schmuck struggling to make a living while those players were running wild. I saw what was going on even then.
Greed, selfishness, and ambition to get rich quick was the order of the day. Ethics, morality, and the long term were set aside.
REAGAN AND HIS HANDLERS WERE ASSHOLES. PERIOD.
Nice try, Dave.

Did you forget who you are talking to?

Here is the trick in the statistics you cited.

You expressed tax revenue as a percentage of GDP. But Reagan's economic policy caused a HUGE GROWTH IN GDP. The economy grew like gangbusters, and it continued as a result of his policies through the Clinton administration.

In net revenue, cutting taxes caused an INCREASE in revenue.

The increase in debt was caused by spending, not tax policy. That spending was the result of a democrat house pushing it up, and reniguing on their promise to Reagan of cutting spending. The military spending that destroyed the Soviet Union and liberated Eastern Europe also contributed, and it was a bargain.

So with tax revenue increasing, it is a lie to say that Reagan's tax policy caused the deficit or debt to increase, even though we hear it repeated all the time.

It's impossible. Revenue went up.

You are not very alert to liberal propaganda, and I conclude it is because you want to believe it. You apparently take it as a personal slight that you struggled in the 80s and some others did well.

I can't help you with that.

Location hidden

#190995 Dec 9, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's safe to assume you don't use the term "Obamacare."
If you recall, the president said he liked that term being applied.

I prefer "The Nigerian Email Scam Health Care Act"

NESHCA

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190996 Dec 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
There you have it then. While the student makes his gas and condom money, the mother buys food for her children with her EBT card. That's kinda how it works, right?
Why do you assume what the student spends his money on? maybe he's saving for a car. Maybe he needs to pay off a debt. Maybe he needs to preorder Assassin's Creed 8.

Also, why can't the mother use her income to buy her food? Why does she need the handout?

Why should taxpayers be responsible for that mother's mistakes?

This reminds me of this 19 year old girl at work. She just told me today that she's pregnant. She has no boyfriend, no husband. Got knocked up by a booty call. She works part time and lives at her mom's house.

She's gonna be a single mother in nine months.

And she can't support herself, let alone herself and a child.

Guess who's gonna be footing the bill for her mistake?

You got it, all taxpayers.

Will you be championing her EBT card even though she lives at mommies house and her only expense is a cell phone bill?

#190997 Dec 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. just one question ..
.. who profited ??..
The homeowners were suppose to be the big winners. Alot of them lost their investments.

Barney and the boys got financial support from Big bankers and ins. Co's. Bankers got their hands slapped and were made fun of in front congressional panels.

So what did they do they made new laws, which before they were passed said did not go far enough and would not prevent this from happening again, and we've already seen examples of that.

We should ALL be pissed and not just at Dems or Cons but all of them and demand better.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#190998 Dec 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura is right. Unions are the biggest detriment to a stable economy. They were needed at one point in time but they've served their purpose and they're now out of control. They're now just another political arm. They have to feed the machine. They are a hindrance to employment. They bit the hand that fed them one too many times and that led to outsourcing.
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." ~ John Dalberg-Acton
You're right, they helped and destroyed Detroit.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#190999 Dec 9, 2013
There was one aspect of the Reagan years that really got to me back then, being one each standard chivalrous male with an ingrained cultural imperative that women were to be protected.

The amount of homeless women that started showing up in Miami. Sleeping on bus benches. Wandering around with their bags. Especially the older ones.

WTF!!

You had your winos and bums, but this was something that never ever should have happened. These women weren't drunks and winos. They were mental cases, they were poor, they hit bad times, they were powerless. It was totally unAmerican and unChristian. It violated every civilized concept. Reagan's policies chunked them out on the street, literally. No nets, no guidance. Goodbye.

That revealed a lot about Reagan.

In addition, those were the cocaine cowboy days. All up and comers were coke heads. You couldn't touch a used $20 bill in Miami that didn't have coke residue on it. That was a fact. Drug money fueled the economy. It provided much of the wealth for the economic upswing that was claimed.

Reagan is really a poor icon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Gabriel 977,192
News Sean Hannity offers to fly Obama to Kenya - and... 8 min Caesar 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min kent 665,121
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min RADEKT 284,468
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Liamm 445
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 53 min Bongo 87,868
The Future of Politics in America 1 hr Nohweh 174
More from around the web