Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257124 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#190733 Dec 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let's talk about those drugs you didn't take that you took.
Ok, let's talk about the babies I beat and the women I beat.

That IS your lie...
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#190734 Dec 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree. There is nothing anti-Christian about wanting the government to stay out of the religion business. Why is government wishing people a Merry Christmas anyway?
The govt. is the people and many of them are associated in some way with the "church". So Ians, what do you think of kingdoms as a method of govt.?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190735 Dec 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Temporary duty stations in the military. Traveling to places outside your home station for work up to 6 months. My last assignment was working anywhere but where I was stationed.
I see said the blind man.

You know, I can't eat McDonald's either. They've really gone downhill the past decade or so.

Once or twice a year, I get an itchin for a BigMac or something so I go get one. Inevitably later that day, I feel upset in the stomach.

I'll never learn.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190736 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

RR beats babies.
RR beats women.
RR hates blacks.
Your lies go on and on, Catch.
You're not the perfect being you think you are.
Catcher1 wrote:
You may not like the characterization, but the first two are true, as you have admitted.
Boy, you're just piling on the lies aren't you?

I've never admitted to either and you know it.

You've been caught lying, Catch.

Maybe it's pathological....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190737 Dec 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. As I said previously, some prices will go up.
I'm good with that.
And by the way, I don't pay anybody the current minimum wage.
I pay a wage I consider to be fair, and the minimum wage is not fair.
I can afford it, as can most other business owners.
If you're telling the truth, you are the minority of business owners.

That's a big IF.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#190738 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Some apt owners might do nothing.
I'd guess that most will raise their rates.
Same sith motels, fast food, restaurants, grocery stores, liquor stores, hell even Disneyland.
Every business owner that hires minimum wage employees will be greatly affected.
But they won't incur the cost.
We will.
I doubt a min wage increase will mean higher rents. The well to do don't pay more as it is. The market conditions dictate. The wealthier pay less for everything, btw. Or maybe I should say the more educated. i.e. Lower intrest , lower insurance, even shopping at Costco.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190739 Dec 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Your pot comes mixed with tobacco? That should be easy to see before you buy it.
Pot buds are little pine cone shaped (piniform) clusters of greenish to rusty colored, hairy or powdery balls. http://snipurl.com/28aakcq
Processed tobacco is loose and brown http://snipurl.com/28aaki4 , and from the plant, is a leaf http://snipurl.com/28aakqp
I prefer small, hairy piniform shapes to loose and brown ones every time.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#190741 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let's talk about the babies I beat and the women I beat.
That IS your lie...
Even if we were to accept your attempts to downplay your violence, at most, my statements would be slight exaggerations.

You tell outright lies, RR.

Over and over and over.

If you were to take the advice I gave you, you could avoid at least some of your lies.

You're a sorry guy, baldie.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190742 Dec 8, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I doubt a min wage increase will mean higher rents. The well to do don't pay more as it is. The market conditions dictate. The wealthier pay less for everything, btw. Or maybe I should say the more educated. i.e. Lower interest , lower insurance, even shopping at Costco.
It's the low budget apartments that will likely see an increase. The wealthy use every opportunity to take every dime they can, they'll know that the waitresses, car wash employes, cashiers, etc that live in the apartment complex all just got a big ole raise - they'll raise the rent.

Then the minimum wage employees will gripe again that they don't have enough disposable income and Bill Gates should share his fortune.....

Hey, I'm not a huge wage earner but I pay a very low interest rate on everything I pay interest on.

And I shop at Costco...

I guess I'm wealthy, huh? lol

Redondo Beach, CA

#190743 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll never learn.
At long last, you got something right.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190744 Dec 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if we were to accept your attempts to downplay your violence, at most, my statements would be slight exaggerations.
You tell outright lies, RR.
Over and over and over.
If you were to take the advice I gave you, you could avoid at least some of your lies.
You're a sorry guy, baldie.
LOL

Catcher: "It's not a lie, i-i-i-it's a slight exaggeration."

You're seriously gonna sit there and call me a liar while you do it yourself?

Hypocrite.

fuckingliberalhypocrite

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190745 Dec 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
At long last, you got something right.
Deception is another form of lying.

Deliberately erasing part of a post to make it appear something it's not is deception.

You're a liar, too.

By your own standards.

Enjoy your hypocrisy.

Redondo Beach, CA

#190746 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Catcher: "It's not a lie, i-i-i-it's a slight exaggeration."
You're seriously gonna sit there and call me a liar while you do it yourself?
Hypocrite.
fuckingliberalhypocrite
I didn't say I exaggerated.

I said it would be an exaggeration IF your attempt to downplay your violence were to be accepted.

You are a pathological liar, RR.

Deal with it.

Better yet, get help.

Redondo Beach, CA

#190747 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Deception is another form of lying.
Deliberately erasing part of a post to make it appear something it's not is deception.
You're a liar, too.
By your own standards.
Enjoy your hypocrisy.
I'm done with you for now.

Shake it off.

Location hidden

#190748 Dec 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
Sorry, Buck. I was here when all that happened.
Did I tell you my Momma was a John Bircher, or that I grew up quite familiar with the right wing crowd and how they thought? Or how much they had infiltrated government? The Cold War era was a strange animal.
From that I also recognize the flip side of that coin.
Eisenhower and Carter were the two best presidents of my time, with the nod going to Ike. Carter was assassinated by the entrenched rightwingers in the bureaucracy. He didn't stand a chance. Especially since he wasn't a stooge for Israel. That was a most interesting pivotal point in "liberal" doctrine.
However, everything gets hijacked to suit one's ambitions. The Reagan crowd was particularly good at that.
Put the extreme lefties on the left side of the wall, and the extreme righties on the right side. Then you alternate shots side to side.
I'm a rather militant middle of the roader.
Oh my.

Carter was elected because of Watergate. He negotiated a treaty with Breshnev, a month later Brezhnev rolled tanks into Afghanistan. He helped depose the Shah of Iran, and refused him asylum in the U.S., giving us the Ayatollah and the hostage crisis. He sent a botched rescue attempt that killed 30 of our soldiers. He gifted the Panama Canal to Omar Trujillo, a notorious dictator and drug kingpin. He sent hundreds of millions of dollars to North Korea for the promise they would not pursue nuclear weapons, which they violated in a matter of weeks - a deal he made without congressional approval. Carter gave us 13.5% inflation, 21.5% prime rates and home mortgage rates of 14.7%, high unemployment and a 33% poverty rate. He delivered lower disposable income rates for every income percentile. He gave us the Department of Energy to lower dependence on foreign oil, and dependence on foreign oil increased. The DOE now has 15,000 employees.

Carter invited Robert Mugabe to the White House in 1980 and fully supported this dictator's rise to power in Rhodesia. Mugabe is an avowed Marxist, was elected in a second election after Carter helped get the one he lost voided. The totals of the Zimbabwe disaster under Mugabe are still being tallied: 70 percent unemployment, a total dictatorship, the displacing of productive white farmers and the resulting destruction of productive farms, an exodus of three million Zimbabweans from the country.

Carter loved all Marxist dictators. He used the full power of his office to undermine and set the stage for the overthrow of the duly elected Somosa in Nicaragua, to be replaced by the Marxist Sandanista Daniel Ortega. Carter was instrumental in the rise to power of Hugo Chavez in Venezuela, and still speaks admiringly of Fidel Castro.

Jimmy Carter played a larger role than any one man alive in creating global threats in Africa, Korea, Central America, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East.

Location hidden

#190749 Dec 8, 2013
...I forgot the gas lines.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#190750 Dec 8, 2013
<quoted text>
What marketing? It's all word of mouth from user to interested nonuser.
Illicit drugs aren't pushed by vendors. They're pulled by consumers. People have to ask other people who and where to go to to get the drugs.
There is a lot of crime associated with drugs. But it's not the drugs themselves that cause the crime, it's the illegality and the subsequent expense that causes the crime. The Messiah will legalize most and control drugs. She will have a monopoly on the market of these drugs and will empty the prisons of drug offenders. IMO alcohol is much worse than any other drug. And it is a drug.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190751 Dec 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>If you got paid Christmas bonuses, you would be paid even more.

Again, congratulations on avoiding a check.
Special.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190752 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>My Christmas?

What about the actual Christmas?
Saturnalia?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190753 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.

So when a newbie asks the same stupid question, like about talking snakes, I should just move on?

You'd make a terrible teacher, Catch.

You'd be like: "No, I don't need to teach the class of '13 anything, I already taught it to the class of '12. I don't want to repeat myself."
Are you likening yourself to a teacher?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Gods r Delusions ... 658,514
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 11 min ImFree2Choose 3,017
Who won the debate 2016 ? 21 min Brian_G 5
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Thinking 70,469
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 24 min Truth 18,771
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 36 min RiccardoFire 45,599
snapchat name 1 hr Nikki69xo 9
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Brian_G 282,930
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Brian_G 974,677
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 3 hr Hilary 93
More from around the web