Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Sam

Hazard, KY

#190543 Dec 7, 2013
+++++++GOD NOW APPROVES OF SAME-SEX-MARRIAGE!!!+++++++ God has changed His mind regarding Homosexuality!. God can change His mind on matters if He wants to, there are instances in the Bible where God does just that!. This time is no different. God has certainly been answering the big Gays prayers lately!, with their recent Supreme Court victories and all. God wouldn't answer me, a Straight guy!. You know, I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did used to blaspheme God a couple years on down before this, but I stopped this. I figured this was the reason God raped me. If God didn't want to give me a wife, He sure as Hell didn't have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Because God bestowed this evil upon me, my blaspheming Him returned with a vengence!!!. I lay it on old God now and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHA!!!. I blaspheme God real good now. I do it more then I ever did and I myself, is a might proud of that fact, HAHAHAHAHA!!!...GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!!!.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#190544 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, ScarTissue.
You campaigning for a good country ass-whoopin'?
He want's the toothbrush.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#190545 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure nobody celebrates Saturnalia, Juvenalia or Yule anymore.
Nowadays we all just celebrate the commemoration day of Jesus of Nazareth.
It's awesome.
Ignorance is your buddy.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190546 Dec 7, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You reckon you found someone that can?
I could hit you on top of your head and break both your ankles.

Location hidden

#190548 Dec 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is your buddy.
You chose the name Feces?

Do your close friends call you Turd?

Location hidden

#190549 Dec 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
He want's the toothbrush.
9 out of 10 dentists surveyed don't recommend it.

Location hidden

#190550 Dec 7, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>

Have you witnessed this?
Yes. I saw the survey.

Location hidden

#190551 Dec 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>

Ignorance is your buddy.

But fortune favors the brave.

Location hidden

#190552 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>

I could hit you on top of your head and break both your ankles.
You big ugly sonuvabitch...

Wait, that was me. Never mind.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190553 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. I saw the survey.
Did this survey cover all the atheists in all the world? Here and in many other countries, there's no such thing as xmas bonuses. Maybe when you guys get dragged into the present it will be the same there.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190554 Dec 7, 2013
You know Buck, statistical surveys are never exact. They tend to cover control groups or areas where many people are not taken into account.

In addition to many countries having no such thing as xmas bonuses, in your country, not every employer gives them out and people who run their own businesses also don't get them.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#190555 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing that's pretty close except for the big part.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#190556 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good advice.
How do I start?
Think it through carefully before you post.

If you decide to post, write it, then read it before hitting "post comment." If you're not absolutely certain it's worth posting it, hit your back button and scroll on.

Refrain from posting the same thing more than twice.

Post material you just learned by googling, only three or four times each day.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#190557 Dec 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've smoked enough of it to know better. There are other things than those they have thrown in there. You had some unscrupulous people dealing in the big city, especially the small timers with a pound.
Apparently you have not. Explain the motivation that a dealer would have for literally giving away free product. It doesn't make any sense. People who want weed will be turned off by weed that has adulterants, and they will get clean weed elsewhere. People who want said "adulterants" (pcp, coke, etc) prefer to buy them unmixed.

What "other things" are "thrown in there?" If you were talking about something like cocaine, then I would agree with you, except that any adulterants would be inactive cut, not extra drugs.

Location hidden

#190558 Dec 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've smoked enough of it to know better. There are other things than those they have thrown in there. You had some unscrupulous people dealing in the big city, especially the small timers with a pound.
However, on the topic of synthetic weed, which you were talking about before, I agree that is some bad stuff. People have indeed died from it, and real weed is exponentially safer. That's what we get for drug prohibition. People will always find a way to get high if they want to get high, and so you have people who would rather buy a dangerous mix of legal chemicals rather than buy a completely safe bag of illegal weed.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/nicholas-colbert-...

Location hidden

#190559 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you understood my sarcasm.
You get top marks.
I agree, the gub'ment has become entirely too large and has too much power.
That's why I stockpile guns n ammo the gub'ment don't know about, just in case.
They know about it now chief.

Location hidden

#190560 Dec 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a myth.
The THC level in your everyday average dirt weed is much higher than what naturally occurs in weed.
THC is not an additive - it's the active ingredient in weed. And yes, THC levels have been rising, but that's not from tampering or any adulterants being added, it's from improved cultivating techniques. And that doesn't make it any more dangerous, just more potent, so you simply have to smoke less to achieve the desired effect. You could smoke 20 joints and be fine (you'd be so high you'd want to die, but I mean fine as in "not dead").

As for people "spiking" weed with other drugs - yes, that's completely a myth. I'm sure that it has happened of course, but to say it's a widespread or even occasional phenomenon is simply wrong. It just doesn't make sense from a business perspective. Why give away free drugs at worst, or cut into your profit at best?

Location hidden

#190561 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL dollars taken from the private economy by government is counter productive.
For schools or roads, there is a portion of that dollar that is beneficial to the economy, but government extracts a steep handling charge. The counter is smaller than for dollars used more corruptly, but still exists as opportunity cost.
All dollars taken from the private economy by government is counter productive.
The government shouldn't even exist. I pray for the days when my police and fire protection is privatized. The glory of the free market shall protect us all!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#190562 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reflection scared the hell out you didn't it?
Frankenstein has that kind of problem. lol

Location hidden

#190563 Dec 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What if you base your life around all of them?
I did it with drugs, alcohol, sex, violence, and football.
In that order.
It's always kept me fed.
I can't imagine basing your life around drugs turned out very well for you. But if being fed is your ultimate goal in life, and you are happy with your life, then more power to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 25 min PELE78 47,925
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min truth 646,336
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 48 min Brian_G 12
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 51 min Inspector2 618,611
Ladies, what is the sexual act you most enjoy? 55 min latinobbyloveu 6
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 56 min Neville Thompson 382
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Voyeur 53,815
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Inspector2 105,576
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr River Tam 971,569
More from around the web