Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255927 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189311 Dec 2, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Then your god is not omnipotent.
Your god is limited.
And you further place limitations on your god by thinking that YOU speak for the god you believe in.
Maybe you do; after all, you just admitted that your god is NOT omnipotent.
The Bible talks about God's limitations.

Wanna see?

Nah, get your googlers on and go see for yourself.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#189312 Dec 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your difficulties with ignorance is noted. By some of us.
There are about 653 people reading the entire Top Stories forum, of which this is but one. Hardly a worthy venue for you to display your ignorance issues when there are more visible venues for your talent to be displayed.
I appreciate your pity, but would appreciate your sending money and some young pussy to help me spend it even more. Such would get my lonely old self off of here and probably eliminate my display of pseudo intellect, leaving the forum wide open for yours.
I don't mind you here Dave, I really don't.

Find a way to get rid of Eagle, and I'll wire you funds.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#189313 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Really? They started puking?

I've never seen that.
Yeah, four little kids, between six and eight I think they were, just from emotional overload. Well, it was thought that anyhow as illness etc were ruled out.

I was watching, the whatever that was had no effect on me and the kids looked perfectly fine then they started shaking, then crying, then puking.

Most people were shaking and crying or yelling and laughing. It was quite a sight.

Normally, kids would be in sunday school during that part of the service but these kids weren't, I don't know why.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#189314 Dec 2, 2013
*illnesses

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#189315 Dec 2, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
They had a warrant for me in Georgia for parole violation, and I got stopped in KY for a burned out tail light.
That tail light bulb cost me 2 years behind bars.
You cost you two years behind bars.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189316 Dec 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind you here Dave, I really don't.
Find a way to get rid of Eagle, and I'll wire you funds.
The left wing liberal Californian suggests censorship?

EGADS!

Say it ain't so!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189317 Dec 2, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, four little kids, between six and eight I think they were, just from emotional overload. Well, it was thought that anyhow as illness etc were ruled out.
I was watching, the whatever that was had no effect on me and the kids looked perfectly fine then they started shaking, then crying, then puking.
Most people were shaking and crying or yelling and laughing. It was quite a sight.
Normally, kids would be in sunday school during that part of the service but these kids weren't, I don't know why.
That's very odd. I don't doubt that it happened, but it's still odd.

Churches drive me nuts when they do that kind of stuff. I noticed that most of them go through the singing and dancing and the "Praising of God" right before tithe.

It's a quirky little trick that they do, they get people all uppity and feeling really good about themselves and then ask for money.

It's a shame, it really is.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#189318 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible talks about God's limitations.
Wanna see?
Nah, get your googlers on and go see for yourself.
you really don't have to try and convince us that the God your worship is NOT omnipotent, we pretty much figured that out. The bible not only talks about his limitations but the undeniable human characteristics and undesirable traits that accompany this God thing. Killing is most certainly an undesirable trait, as is condoning slavery, rape and blood sacrifice. And as far as the bible is concerned.........."It's almost as if the bible was written by racist, sexist, homophobic, violent, sexually frustrated men-instaed of a *loving* God."

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#189319 Dec 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>You cost you two years behind bars.
I think your version of Buck is more interesting than Buck.

Hi Scar :D

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#189320 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible talks about God's limitations.
Wanna see?
Nah, get your googlers on and go see for yourself.
What part of: Then your god is not omnipotent aren't you getting?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#189321 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That's very odd. I don't doubt that it happened, but it's still odd.

Churches drive me nuts when they do that kind of stuff. I noticed that most of them go through the singing and dancing and the "Praising of God" right before tithe.

It's a quirky little trick that they do, they get people all uppity and feeling really good about themselves and then ask for money.

It's a shame, it really is.
Yeah I saw that style of collection in almost every denom and church I witnessed, two were ok, they just had an anon box where envelopes could be put in and no mention of tithing or giving money, it was left up to each person to do as they saw fit.

Two out of hundreds that is.

Odd is right, what a sight!

Although, it's not so different to an intense concert or large sporting event.

Suggestion is a powerful thing.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#189322 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you.
So there.
Of course you don't believe me.

You prefer to think that others, like you, have absolutely NO life at all or outside interests to occupy themselves with, and instead, you think I am among those who would concoct such a story in order to hide behind a "sock" (that I don't even have).

You ASSume that because Topix is YOUR life, it is the life of others and you further assume I would take the time or go to the trouble to make up such a silly story; in addition, you ASSume, that like you, everyone else is a liar as well.

So there.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#189323 Dec 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your difficulties with ignorance is noted. By some of us.
Ahem....that would be: Your difficulties with ignorance *are* noted.

Difficulties= are

Difficulty= is

I mean....it's kind of silly to start a post talking about the ignorance of the person you're posting to when....well, you know the rest.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#189324 Dec 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do you have two put them down? There are not hurting anyone.
Live and let live, right?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189325 Dec 2, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you don't believe me.
You prefer to think that others, like you, have absolutely NO life at all or outside interests to occupy themselves with, and instead, you think I am among those who would concoct such a story in order to hide behind a "sock" (that I don't even have).
You ASSume that because Topix is YOUR life, it is the life of others and you further assume I would take the time or go to the trouble to make up such a silly story; in addition, you ASSume, that like you, everyone else is a liar as well.
So there.
Defensive much?

Hmmm

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189326 Dec 2, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What part of: Then your god is not omnipotent aren't you getting?
It seems that you don't fully understand the meaning of omnipotent and how it pertains to God.

That's okay, I didn't either.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189327 Dec 2, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>you really don't have to try and convince us that the God your worship is NOT omnipotent,
Whew!

That's a timesaver.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189328 Dec 2, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I saw that style of collection in almost every denom and church I witnessed, two were ok, they just had an anon box where envelopes could be put in and no mention of tithing or giving money, it was left up to each person to do as they saw fit.
Two out of hundreds that is.
Odd is right, what a sight!
Although, it's not so different to an intense concert or large sporting event.
Suggestion is a powerful thing.
The medium size to mega size churches are the worst offenders.

In my experience, the best churches are real small ones, the ones with less than 100 people in it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#189329 Dec 2, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Glossolalia. Very familiar with Full Gospel-ers. A few years back, members around home started claiming the silver fillings in their teeth had turned to gold. Preacher told congregation near us that he had a vision. In his vision, he told them, members went together and paid off all his credit cards. One preacher the congregation if they voted him out, the Lord would give them all cancer. Doc, if you were raised Pentecostal, ain't no wonder you hate the Christian stuff. I hate the sonsubitches and I wasn't even in that click. Might have to cut you some slack.
Thanks, but actually, I liked them. I've told you my story. It wasn't the people. I just wasn't able to suspend disbelief indefinitely. I had assumed that if I gave it time, and there was something supernatural there - something authentic - that I would see what it was, and that my doubts would vanish. They didn't, and I eventually moved on.

But I don't blame the people, who were Pentecostals. They were good people, good to me, and I liked them very well.

And to you Christians that want to blame me for that, that's your prerogative. But I can assure you that if your god is real, he didn't want me.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#189330 Dec 2, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
What state was that in, if I may ask?
Hagerstown, Maryland, very close to the Pennsylvania border. It was called Faith Chapel, pastor Terry King.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Vikingisinthecloset 56,114
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min RoSesz 649,837
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min Hangman 972,389
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min Peace_Warrior 618,574
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 40 min WasteWater 106,055
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 41 min Doctor REALITY 14
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 41 min WasteWater 2,295
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web