Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255511 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189001 Dec 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like it was written by a conservative Christian. as it? Those people really hate intellectuals.
It''s your "holier than thou" attitudes...
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#189002 Dec 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
And scientists use extrapolations and experiments to say that DNA existed long before it was discovered.
I think you're actually starting to learn.
If the experiments say that DNA existed, it was at that point DISCOVERED dumbass. Holy shit, you're not so powerful God who is terribly flawed, didn't do a very good job with your sense of logic, but what else can you expect from a God thing that has serious limits on what he can do. Kind of a worthless God. I'll Choose CROM, at least I know he created the earth and sky.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#189003 Dec 1, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
At this stage in life, I am convinced the way to enlightenment would best be obtained by solitude. I have experienced a good bit of it.
Buck the monk, sorta'.
Finding myself, or "I am" is the highest learning.
“It is not true that everyone is special. It is true that everyone was once special and still possesses the ability to recover it.”
&#8213; Criss Jami
Criss Jami is full of shit, I am special, being able to do what I do better than most makes me "special" It took no effort whatsoever to "find myself" it's incredibly easy once you understand just who you really are. My Atheism played a big part in finding the truth that allowed me to discover myself, give it a try before becoming a friggin hermit!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#189004 Dec 1, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
98.8% is inaccurate, but it's academic.
It is only slightly more similar than our DNA is to that of caterpillars.
thanks for the input but I'll take the word of the American Museum of Natural History over that of a washed up football player. Kind of makes sense when you put it that way doesn't it!!!

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#189005 Dec 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If all you did was smell the box with a blindfold on, you might be fooled.
I smell sex and candy.

Anon

Lakewood, OH

#189006 Dec 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime, sugartits.
You got a lotta class, RR.
Be honest, you blow your nose in your shirt, don't you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189007 Dec 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If the experiments say that DNA existed, it was at that point DISCOVERED dumbass. Holy shit, you're not so powerful God who is terribly flawed, didn't do a very good job with your sense of logic, but what else can you expect from a God thing that has serious limits on what he can do. Kind of a worthless God. I'll Choose CROM, at least I know he created the earth and sky.
Congratulations, you're not an atheist.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#189008 Dec 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I smell sex and candy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Op4n0pGQ3F4XX
I got one or the other... stuck to my nose before.
At the same time.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189009 Dec 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Criss Jami is full of shit, I am special, being able to do what I do better than most makes me "special" It took no effort whatsoever to "find myself" it's incredibly easy once you understand just who you really are. My Atheism played a big part in finding the truth that allowed me to discover myself, give it a try before becoming a friggin hermit!!!!
What atheism?

You know that crom created the earth...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189010 Dec 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You got a lotta class, RR.
Be honest, you blow your nose in your shirt, don't you?
Yeah but only on the inside.

A shirt is re-usable, tissue paper is not.

I'm just doing my part for the environment.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#189011 Dec 1, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bert Legume thinks dinosaurs had no DNA until scientists said so.
Nothing happens, to Bert, until science says so.
Lucky for him science discovered sexual reproduction, or he would still be a virgin.
...I maybe presumptuous there.
Persistence in childish word games points to a frustration level that seems beneath you.

Here's the logic that evades you each and every time. Dinosaurs always had DNA, the question is not that dinosaurs have DNA, and it's NOT a question of them not having it until science says so, it's a question of science being unaware of DNA until it was discovered. I'll not participate in your childish word games or your attempts to twist logic to shape your own private conclusions, so conform to reason and logic or piss off, your choice!!!!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#189012 Dec 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
My topstrap was broken a bit further back. The cylinder exploded to the top left. A hip shot would have removed my head. The barrel was also cut down. There is a half a cylinder laying somewhere in Bentonville, AR.
There is a God. He looks out for dummies.
I rode about 25 feet on the front wheel of my motorcycle after a jump one time.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#189013 Dec 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that was redundant, redundant it was.
<quoted text>
What, are they letting you go home?
Logic evades you, you evade logic, the child in you is the child in you, you are that child in you, the child that logic evades, the logic that evades you the child.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#189014 Dec 1, 2013
&t= 59
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I smell sex and candy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#189015 Dec 1, 2013
Buck is contemptuous.

And he doesn't *get* infinity.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Persistence in childish word games points to a frustration level that seems beneath you.
Here's the logic that evades you each and every time. Dinosaurs always had DNA, the question is not that dinosaurs have DNA, and it's NOT a question of them not having it until science says so, it's a question of science being unaware of DNA until it was discovered. I'll not participate in your childish word games or your attempts to twist logic to shape your own private conclusions, so conform to reason and logic or piss off, your choice!!!!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#189016 Dec 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but only on the inside.

A shirt is re-usable, tissue paper is not.

I'm just doing my part for the environment.
That's like when my 5 year old claimed to have peed on his brother "for luck".

LOL
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#189017 Dec 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God can't violate His nature any more than you can.
When you see a canyon, you can either walk away from it, cross the bridge or climb down it. You cannot fly over it because you will it to be.
God can't lie, can't break a promise, can't learn anything new, can't remember a time He didn't exist, can't remember forgiven sins, can't foresee a time He won't exist.
He also can't stop loving you.
No matter how much you hate Him.
I'm NOT a God of course I can't violate my nature.

So apparently God can't "Will" something to take place? He had no trouble parting the Res Sea, or causing a global flood now did he?

He "can't stop loving me" really....does that mean even though I totally reject his and Jesus (actually one of the same) That I will NOT spend eternity in lakes of fire? Cool, now I can sleep tonight, had me concerned for awhile!!!! NOT

I wonder if you realize all the "can't's" in your post 7 altogether, boy your God sure is not much, I know people that can do more than this God thing of yours.

BTW, how do you come by this knowledge about your God?

What a worthless God, any God would be better that this one, I still think Crom is pretty cool, don't you?

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#189018 Dec 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I rode about 25 feet on the front wheel of my motorcycle after a jump one time.
Oooh.

I slid that far riding on the back of one. Loose gravel on the road. Picked scabs for a long time. Also the primary reason I never had a hankering to buy one.

Did a beautiful somersault over a mountain bike's handlebars in my 40's. I didn't try jumping any more logs after that.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#189019 Dec 1, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA is not observable?
I'm learning so much from you, Bert.
https://www.google.com/search...
Correct, before 1869 DNA was NOT observable.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#189020 Dec 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bucko...
You missed his crescendo:
" You failed once again!!!!! Boring!!!!! "
Can you hear it?
Do you know the opposite of a crescendo?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 46 min Clearwater 48,736
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min Rosesz 646,607
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 53 min Steve III 44,688
... 55 min jorvajor 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr KellyP_Onuandher 2,063
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 971,689
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr karl44 105,620
More from around the web