Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258490 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#188718 Nov 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Intuition is not always right.
Neither is "science".

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#188719 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain intuition.
Magic. Obviously.

Rocky Ford, CO

#188720 Nov 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you the kind of guy that believed uri geller when he failed spectacularly on the tonight show because of, as he put it, bad energy?
I've never watched those things.

I have this inherent distrust of any theories, fads, etc passed over via the mass media. There is profit motives always involved.

Timmy, you make a better rube than me. I'm not real gullible.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188721 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Some useful information for you, Bert.
Playing hockey does not teach you how to cut somebody up with your fists, while avoid getting hit yourself.
If it did, hockey players would be champion boxers.
I was taught such things by a professional from age 3.
It helped I had natural aptitude for it, not to mention growing to 6'7, 320.
Try standing on a half inch piece of sharpened steel on an ice surface, just standing, not moving, now try moving a few feet, now try fighting someone extremely skilled in both skating and fighting, have done both since they were kids. You'd be trying to not fall on your ass while this beast puts you down and out with one punch. I have to warn you, trying to pick your teeth up off a frozen surface is much harder than you think, good luck!!!! Tip.........put your beeding mouth over the teeth, the warm blood will make picking up your teeth easier.

Hockey players play hockey, that is their passion, they have no interest in boxing professionally. Not all hockey player are enforcers, but the ones that are, are frightening, keep your feet on the ground, stay off the ice, its really bad for your health, not to mention the fee's you'll be paying to your local dentist.

Rocky Ford, CO

#188722 Nov 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So you have fantasies about assuming control over someone else's body and forcing them to perform homosexual acts, with you "piloting" them the whole time.
No fantasies about such, but a particularly obnoxious Topix atheist may stir up my creative side.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#188723 Nov 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Try standing on a half inch piece of sharpened steel on an ice surface, just standing, not moving, now try moving a few feet, now try fighting someone extremely skilled in both skating and fighting, have done both since they were kids. You'd be trying to not fall on your ass while this beast puts you down and out with one punch. I have to warn you, trying to pick your teeth up off a frozen surface is much harder than you think, good luck!!!! Tip.........put your beeding mouth over the teeth, the warm blood will make picking up your teeth easier.
Hockey players play hockey, that is their passion, they have no interest in boxing professionally. Not all hockey player are enforcers, but the ones that are, are frightening, keep your feet on the ground, stay off the ice, its really bad for your health, not to mention the fee's you'll be paying to your local dentist.
He tried out for hockey, but look like Bambi the first time out on his new legs.:)

Location hidden

#188724 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is "science".
I didn't say it was.

Location hidden

#188725 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never watched those things.
I have this inherent distrust of any theories, fads, etc passed over via the mass media. There is profit motives always involved.
Timmy, you make a better rube than me. I'm not real gullible.
I was asking because you implied in an earlier post that psychic phenomena was truly not an "on demand" thing, lending credence to the idea that psychics magically feel "bad energy" when their abilities are tested.

Location hidden

#188726 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No fantasies about such, but a particularly obnoxious Topix atheist may stir up my creative side.
It's ok dave. We all have our kinks.

Rocky Ford, CO

#188727 Nov 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I was asking because you implied in an earlier post that psychic phenomena was truly not an "on demand" thing, lending credence to the idea that psychics magically feel "bad energy" when their abilities are tested.
Quantum physics can have an effect on performance. The observation.

Media psychics are BS.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188728 Nov 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> He tried out for hockey, but look like Bambi the first time out on his new legs.:)
That's right I forgot, wasn't there a scene in Bambi with his first experience on the ice? Legs going every which way. that would be Bucko, I'd die laughing, big tough Bucko, doing his best imitation of Bambi on ice!!!!!

Rocky Ford, CO

#188729 Nov 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it was.
yawn

Goodnight, Timmy.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188730 Nov 30, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Another question my Atheist friends.
What happened to the evolution of the scorpions prey? After 430 million years the prey of scorpions should have built up immunities and defenses against the scorpions complex neurotoxins.
One of their favorite meals is crickets. The cricket doesn’t have a chance if the scorpion nails it with its stinger.
Oh Oh, Eagle, your in trouble now, evolution point to how closely you are related to the great apes, and now we find that YOU, little old eagle are also very closely related to..........wait for it..........the Zebrafish, yep its true. 70% of protein-coding human genes are related to genes found in zebrafish, and 84% of genes known to be associated with human diseases have a zebrafish counterpart. They are remarkably biologically similar to people and share the majority of the same genes as human, thats why they have become so important in medical research, and have already made great strides in fighting cancer. Proof that all living things on this planet evolved for a common ancestry. It also point out how important evolution is in medical research. Now because evolution is responsible for fighting cancer and other diseases, it's ok for you to chant in a religious manner
evoooooooooooluuuuution, then say amen!!!!

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#188731 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are?
What an idiot question to ask.
Come up with some hard thinking and not the canned atheist spam they give away free to weaker minds. Being a smirky juvenile smartass reciting such things only impresses other smirky smartass juveniles. In a seemingly positive way, that is.
Only going on your very own posts.

You're the one who claims to be able to interpret ancient literature. You're the one who said that other people who claim to have interpretations different to yours are idiots.

The conceit and posturing evinced in your posts only serves to demonstrate that you have an axe to grind.

Perhaps you feel inadequate in some way?

That would certainly explain your inane prattle about supernaturalism.

The only sure thing is that if you heard someone recounting how they are visited every night by a trio of levitating aardvarks; you would have to seriously consider that person was being truthful.

“Miles from Nowhere”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#188732 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantum physics can have an effect on performance. The observation.
Media psychics are BS.
Thanks Wally.

Hey, where's the Beaver?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#188733 Dec 1, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Blob, did you get your nuts crushed like you asked for?
Oh, Butt Cheeks... did you get that STD test like you need to?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#188734 Dec 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Blob, lets be truthful. If Jesus himself appeared before you , you would reject him . Why? Because youre a defective blob of seething bitterness doubt unbelief and hate.
Right. Because Jesus was all about calling people horrible names like you just did.

LOL!

Your Jesus, had he been real, would have kicked you out long ago.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#188735 Dec 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
That show used to go out on the BBC on Sundays in the 90s.
They did loads of anti religion jokes.
<quoted text>
I enjoyed the YouTube clips from that show.

It's quite amusing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#188736 Dec 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the question you avoided?
2nd try: Do you know that deities don't exist?
You have failed to define which of several meanings of the word "know" you mean by this obviously trick question.

Until you define what you intend? I cannot answer your ambiguous post.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#188737 Dec 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be like building a collection of books "about George Washington" and having four biographies on Washington combined with all the works of Jefferson and the Federalist Papers.
That is a most excellent analysis. And, I'd also say they included Ben Franklin's biography and editorials too.

Pretty much anyone of historical note, plus and minus 100 years from the alleged life of the person in question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min LAWEST100 619,375
News Michael Jackson Called A 'wonderful Humanitarian' (Jul '09) 1 hr Antonio Raviolio 7,659
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Antonio Raviolio 184,621
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr True Christian-Jew 104,696
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr True Christian-Jew 673,155
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr True Christian-Jew 981,254
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr True Christian-Jew 445,855
More from around the web