Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255905 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188694 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You changed your story, but still didn't get it right.
As far as science before DNA was discovered, they did not know, or could not demonstrate its existence.
They did not conclude nonexistence.
You can't even get it right when I help you.
My story has NEVER changed, your inability to comprehend seems NEVER changing.

You really do love to play with words to suit your argument, in this case it's a way for you to cover your reading comprehension error. Nice, dishonest, but nice try.

"They could NOt demonstrate its existence so they DID NOT conclude it was nonexistent" Is this the same way science does NOT conclude that pixie dust is nonexistent? Or that "Never Neverland is also nonexistent?

I do believe you have won the topix prize for having the most posts where adding and deleting words gives YOU and only YOU the impression of wining your point. First prize........You get to strap on a pair of hockey skates and see if you can last 60 seconds with an enforcer, you can even pick the team. LOL

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#188695 Nov 30, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Will the Lord Jesus Christ accept your soul, when you meet Him on Judgment Day?
Jesus, I, and the Father are One.

Nothing to accept.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188696 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's impressive.
You can copy and paste.
Too bad you don't understand one word of it.
AHHHHH, you got your ass kicked and are not man enough to admit it.

And am I supposed to understand that you have NEVER copied and pasted information? Hypocrite!!!!!

Location hidden

#188697 Nov 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>My story has NEVER changed, your inability to comprehend seems NEVER changing.
You really do love to play with words to suit your argument, in this case it's a way for you to cover your reading comprehension error. Nice, dishonest, but nice try.
"They could NOt demonstrate its existence so they DID NOT conclude it was nonexistent" Is this the same way science does NOT conclude that pixie dust is nonexistent? Or that "Never Neverland is also nonexistent?
I do believe you have won the topix prize for having the most posts where adding and deleting words gives YOU and only YOU the impression of wining your point. First prize........You get to strap on a pair of hockey skates and see if you can last 60 seconds with an enforcer, you can even pick the team. LOL
Is the skating rink infinite?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#188698 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is second smartest guy on Topix.
For guys that get "on" topix.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188699 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is second smartest guy on Topix.
I guess your next mission is to find a state that allows same sex marriage so you and Daffy Dave can tie the knot. Let me know when and where and I'll send you guys wedding gifts. For Daffy Dave a great book I discovered called "How to change the position of black holes and worm holes with stings and magnets" For you, a pair of hockey skates that comes with instruction, you'll have to figure out how to fight on them on your own. Good luck to both of you!!!!! Honeymoon destination? Yeah, keep it a secret!!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188700 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the skating rink infinite?
It WILL seem that way to you if you ever square off against an enforcer.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#188701 Nov 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Your blather was approaching idiot status.
Approaching?

Location hidden

#188702 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Intuition led to the god belief.
A long time ago. And since.
“Enlightenment is ego's ultimate disappointment.”
&#8213; Chögyam Trungpa

Location hidden

#188704 Nov 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>AHHHHH, you got your ass kicked and are not man enough to admit it.
And am I supposed to understand that you have NEVER copied and pasted information? Hypocrite!!!!!
If you understood what you copied, Bert Legume, you would realize it does nothing to my argument.

You're a funny little guy.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188705 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
Buck is now going into MINIMALIST MODE.
For newcomers, and idiots, which about covers the thread, this means Buck will be refuting all atheist posts in 10 words or less.
This is to avoid unnecessary burning of brain power.
Buck will notify viewers when switching back to regular mode, and may do so if any post reflects enough intelligence to justify the switch.
Thank you.
(Sent from the Buck Institute)
Translation........I'm tired of getting my ass kicked and looking like an idiot. Further, the limited amount of brain power I have could be seriously depleted if I engage with people more intelligent that myself, that would include most Atheists. 10 words is usually the limit to my intelligence level. Thanks for understanding!!!!

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#188706 Nov 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It WILL seem that way to you if you ever square off against an enforcer.

He fought the law ..and the law won.

Location hidden

#188707 Nov 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It WILL seem that way to you if you ever square off against an enforcer.
Fine. You drive him there. He won't be able to drive home.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#188708 Nov 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I guess your next mission is to find a state that allows same sex marriage so you and Daffy Dave can tie the knot. Let me know when and where and I'll send you guys wedding gifts. For Daffy Dave a great book I discovered called "How to change the position of black holes and worm holes with stings and magnets" For you, a pair of hockey skates that comes with instruction, you'll have to figure out how to fight on them on your own. Good luck to both of you!!!!! Honeymoon destination? Yeah, keep it a secret!!!!!
I know you fantasize about being the filling between Buck and I. What about your sailboat for the honeymoon?

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#188709 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
Buck is now going into MINIMALIST MODE.
For newcomers, and idiots, which about covers the thread, this means Buck will be refuting all atheist posts in 10 words or less.
This is to avoid unnecessary burning of brain power.
Buck will notify viewers when switching back to regular mode, and may do so if any post reflects enough intelligence to justify the switch.
Thank you.
Buck Crick wrote:
They named a prison after you?

You're awesome.

Location hidden

#188710 Nov 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Some useful information for you, Bert.

Playing hockey does not teach you how to cut somebody up with your fists, while avoid getting hit yourself.

If it did, hockey players would be champion boxers.

I was taught such things by a professional from age 3.

It helped I had natural aptitude for it, not to mention growing to 6'7, 320.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#188711 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Some useful information for you, Bert.
Playing hockey does not teach you how to cut somebody up with your fists, while avoid getting hit yourself.
If it did, hockey players would be champion boxers.
I was taught such things by a professional from age 3.
It helped I had natural aptitude for it, not to mention growing to 6'7, 320.
Just don't zig when you should zag, when the bullets start flying. And you may live to talk about it.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#188712 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Intuition led to the god belief.
A long time ago. And since.
Intuition is not always right.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#188713 Nov 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of work do you do, Anon? You are cognizant of the fact that in these days your work environment will determine how much of this physical world you will actually experience? The difference between seeing and reading about?
Are you the kind of guy that believed uri geller when he failed spectacularly on the tonight show because of, as he put it, bad energy?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188714 Nov 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you understood what you copied, Bert Legume, you would realize it does nothing to my argument.
You're a funny little guy.
Ahh, such a poor loser, laying on the ground bleeding and claiming you won the fight, too funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ihaveagod.com - Christian Network - Connecting ... 3 min israel96 11
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Michael 649,771
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr It aint necessari... 55,916
Massage for ladies in Muscat 3 hr Ziyad 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr River Tam 972,382
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 hr Steve III 427
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 4 hr Steve III 70
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web