Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257134 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#188346 Nov 29, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? You do it constantly.
Well, Mrs RR likes to do it...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#188347 Nov 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody believes in a god then.
Because it definitely never existed before the human mind invented it.
You're welcome to your theory.

But I doubt you can convince many that nobody believes in a god.

The polls have to be way off.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#188348 Nov 29, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "The Fifth Wheel"?
I bounced there for a year.
City cops would get a call from there.
And automatically send an ambulance along.
Me and Fountain and Peebob went there to start trouble one Saturday night. Fountain was already lickered up. Fountain told us,
"You all stand out here by the door, and count the bodies I throw out".
We waited a minute while he went in. Then Fountain came rolling out the door face first.
Peebob said, "One".
Then we laughed like hyenas.
You Dave and RR did what?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#188349 Nov 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with a debate about God, there is no "knowledge" and nothing rational about the belief.
What knowledge is there in your belief?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#188350 Nov 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, there are a number of words that scare the shit out of them, Rational, and evidence.
Evidence suggests that you should have used a semicolon after 'them', you shouldn't have capitalized 'rational' and you used a comma after 'and' in a grammatically incorrect way.

Oh the joys of your intellectualism, huh?

Location hidden

#188351 Nov 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I can see that I have reduced you to a bawling pile of quivering protoplasm , completely unable to converse in any intelligent way. My logic confuses you so you answer with a string of bwahah's symbolizing you complete inability to reason. I find this extremely comical.
I have asked now Three times for YOUR definition of nothing, so far (crickets)
Yes, YOUR logic confuses me.

I am accustomed to the logic recognized by human minds, in books, in philosophy, that sort of thing.

Yours is completely baffling.

I admit it.

I will wait to give you the definition of nothing until it is actually needed to prove my side of this argument.

So far, it is not necessary.

But at least you moved away from asking for "examples" of nothing.

Bwahahahahahahahahah...

If you got an example, it would not be "nothing".

Did that sink in to your pre-pubescent brain, Bert?

You are 6 years old, right?

Admit it.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188352 Nov 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you attempt to rationalize your belief?
I have no belief, no more than I have a "NOT BELIFE" in werewolves. You people make a claim (God exists) I simply reject that claim based on lack of credible evidence.

Believing in anything simply because it makes you feel good is mentally unhealthy, its also potentially dangerous.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#188353 Nov 29, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome to your theory.
But I doubt you can convince many that nobody believes in a god.
The polls have to be way off.
Well you said nothing can't exist, because you say nothing is something. So is everything came from something that is nothing, that is something. God is the something that is nothing, but you can't prove it exists and say nothing doesn't exist but something existed and it wasn't really nothing.
So everybody like you who believes in something, or nothing is believing in nothing that is something, or something is nothing.
Either way it's impossible to believe in something or nothing.

heheheh

blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188354 Nov 29, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "The Fifth Wheel"?
I bounced there for a year.
City cops would get a call from there.
And automatically send an ambulance along.
Me and Fountain and Peebob went there to start trouble one Saturday night. Fountain was already lickered up. Fountain told us,
"You all stand out here by the door, and count the bodies I throw out".
We waited a minute while he went in. Then Fountain came rolling out the door face first.
Peebob said, "One".
Then we laughed like hyenas.
Would this be another "Meaningful" moment for you?

Some people aspire to be creative, some to help others, some to try and make the world a better place than before they entered, you..........Starting trouble on a Sat. night, no wonder the word "meaningful" has no meaning for you. Sad!!!

Most people would be terribly embarrassed to admit to such shallow aspirations!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188355 Nov 29, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Which belief?
Atheism or theism?
Theism of course, there is NO belief attached to Atheism. But do keep trying to force your own gullibility on us all.

Location hidden

#188356 Nov 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I know you're smarter than this, aren't you? Well just maybe I was mistaken. You get to Atheism NOT on evidence, but from COMPLETE LACK OF EVIDENCE, Holy shit, put down the weed boy!!!
I'm not changing anything goober, Atheism IS the default position. Twist and turn anyway you like, Atheism REJECTS the POSITIVE claim that a GOD exists..........thats it goober, nothing else.
Once again calling it a belief seems to make you feel better about your gullibility, thats fine, your embarrassed I know, so seek your comfort zone by calling Atheism a belief, it's ok, we all understand how desperate you are to pull un all down to your level of extreme gullibility.
Tell it to the judge, Ass Lump.

"Atheism is the belief that God doesn't exist".(The World Book Encyclopedia).

Stomp your feet, Bert. That might work.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188357 Nov 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence suggests that you should have used a semicolon after 'them', you shouldn't have capitalized 'rational' and you used a comma after 'and' in a grammatically incorrect way.
Oh the joys of your intellectualism, huh?
Sure sign of defeat, resorting to pointing out typos, pathetic!!!

Location hidden

#188358 Nov 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I have no belief, no more than I have a "NOT BELIFE" in werewolves. You people make a claim (God exists) I simply reject that claim based on lack of credible evidence.
Believing in anything simply because it makes you feel good is mentally unhealthy, its also potentially dangerous.
You say you simply reject the belief based on evidence, then go on to say the belief is unhealthy and dangerous.

Proving you are a liar.

Location hidden

#188359 Nov 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Theism of course, there is NO belief attached to Atheism. But do keep trying to force your own gullibility on us all.
"Atheism is the belief that God doesn't exist" (The World Book Encyclopedia-1991).

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#188360 Nov 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
I have no belief, no more than I have a "NOT BELIFE" in werewolves.
Curious that you don't frequent werewolf threads and argue about their existence...
You people make a claim (God exists) I simply reject that claim based on lack of credible evidence.
Yes, like your "DNA didn't exist until we discovered it" bullshit.
I agree.

So then why does your belief that God doesn't exist make you feel good?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#188361 Nov 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Sure sign of defeat, resorting to pointing out typos, pathetic!!!
Your posts are starting to bore me.

I borrowed Catcher's Spelling Police badge....

Sue me.

Location hidden

#188362 Nov 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1OzAlCCa3xUXX
Just under 2 minutes is when it starts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I've heard that is recreation in parts of Central America.
I've chopped off 2 inch tree limbs clean in one swing in my day. Overhead. Those thin spring steel cane machetes with sharp blades can be awesome.
Note to self:

Don't go to Brazil.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188363 Nov 29, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, YOUR logic confuses me.
I am accustomed to the logic recognized by human minds, in books, in philosophy, that sort of thing.
Yours is completely baffling.
I admit it.
I will wait to give you the definition of nothing until it is actually needed to prove my side of this argument.
So far, it is not necessary.
But at least you moved away from asking for "examples" of nothing.
Bwahahahahahahahahah...
If you got an example, it would not be "nothing".
Did that sink in to your pre-pubescent brain, Bert?
You are 6 years old, right?
Admit it.
And still the babbling continues with no rational thought, and the crickets keep chirping..........and chirping and chirping.

I do believe it is 6 year olds who are prone to indulge is fantasies about their accomplishments. Conquering the forces of evil, defeating overwhelming odds in a fight, being a star athlete, it would seem as thought these are things you mentioned, the conquests of a 6 year old.

Right now I'm still listening to the crickets..........softly...... chirp, chirp!!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#188364 Nov 29, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to the judge, Ass Lump.
"Atheism is the belief that God doesn't exist".(The World Book Encyclopedia).
Stomp your feet, Bert. That might work.
OHHHHH, soooo close, you almost had it right......"Atheism is the (insert the word lack here) of belief that God (remove doesn't) exist" Very close skippy, just ONE word away!!!!!!

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#188365 Nov 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I quite like the bleak days on the coast. You brave it out until the dog looks at you almost to say, "Look, stop. What are you doing? Even I know this is bullshit now."
<quoted text>
Yeah - we can dress for the weather.

Unless it's one of those Philippines typhoons.

Thankfully we never get them over here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 28 min Spider1954 3,034
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 51 min leonknott 45,615
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 hr Y the double stan... 147
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Thinking 282,987
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Internet Reality 618,849
Donald Chump: "Not paying federal taxes makes m... 1 hr Internet Reality 4
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 1 hr samir 33
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Marge 658,723
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 hr Joe Fortuna 70,894
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr nanoanomaly 974,735
More from around the web