Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247347 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187009 Nov 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your concession is noted and accepted.
Only an idiot (you) would call what I wrote "concession".

LMAO!

You are some special kind of stupid.

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#187010 Nov 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
When?
When...**exactly** will this "finding" occur?
I sought for more than 40 years-- and never even one time, did your "god of all" bother to show up.
So....**WHEN**?
Seriously... your claims are utterly without merit.
Your particular case is much different than your fellow Atheist. In your case there was a radical event that triggered your extreme bitterness. That event you have kept hidden from the topix community.

You must have done something really bad. Obviously you were shunned because of what you did. Your bitterness turned to hate and you denied the very God you once worshipped.

Bob, that was the road you decided to go down. I still think God can forgive you but your stubborn pride is standing in the way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#187011 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
You are why this country is in economic decline-- you sit complacently by, while evil men take from the poor and middle class, and give it to the richest-of-the-rich (people such as Romney).
Mitt-the-twitt did **nothing** to gain his ill-gotten wealth.
It was given to him-- he's just a taker, and contributes nothing of value to anything.
This is the case for the majority of the super-rich-- they did **nothing** to get rich, they just take and take and take.
And morons like YOU? You think that is just FINE.
Because, you know, Jesus was so full of admiration for the super-rich.
Right?
Right...
Governor Romney has wealth he accumulated from hard work. He had an excellent foundation early in his life with a good education and work ethic. They just don’t accept anyone into Harvard. The man graduated with a masters degree in business.

His family didn’t have 200 years of great wealth. His father had nothing during the great depression and worked very hard to achieve success. The Romney family has had great success and are wealthy today. But not as wealthy as Bill Gates whom you admire so much.

Bob some people work hard for their wealth and Mitt is one of those people. Unlike for example someone who won millions playing a one dollar lottery.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#187013 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
You are why this country is in economic decline-- you sit complacently by, while evil men take from the poor and middle class, and give it to the richest-of-the-rich (people such as Romney).
It was given to him-- he's just a taker, and contributes nothing of value to anything.
This is the case for the majority of the super-rich-- they did **nothing** to get rich, they just take and take and take.
Right?
Right...
"And morons like YOU? You think that is just FINE."

How Atheist of you.[tipping hat]

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#187014 Nov 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Hey, I spent a week at a luxury hotel in Shanghai, with a huge spa--jacuzzi, saunas, Turkish somethingorothers, cold plunge, all sorts of showers, water with cucumbers and limes, towels the size of blankets, lockers, creams, you name it. Nobody wears anything. Great diversity--Asians and Europeans of all sorts. Separate spas for each gender though, unfortunately."
You explained that the spas and other things were all male and all nude. And you made a point to share that there was great diversity among the nude men you were bathing with. How did that add to the experience for you compared to for example if all the guys were of one ethnicity?
Why was it noteworthy enough to you to mention that there was great diversity among the nude guys you were bathing with?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187015 Nov 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Governor Romney has wealth he accumulated from hard work.
Bullshyt. He got his wealth by stealing, fraud and from is extremely wealthy parents.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#187016 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Right?
Right...
The road to prosperity is called,“Education.”

For some who learning is easy.

For others they have to work extremely hard at it.

Don’t be envious Bob of those who went down the right road and worked hard to succeed.

Location hidden

#187017 Nov 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was it noteworthy enough to you to mention that there was great diversity among the nude guys you were bathing with?
Opps, messed up the quotes

Your post only said:

Catcher said:

"Hey, I spent a week at a luxury hotel in Shanghai, with a huge spa--jacuzzi, saunas, Turkish somethingorothers, cold plunge, all sorts of showers, water with cucumbers and limes, towels the size of blankets, lockers, creams, you name it. Nobody wears anything. Great diversity--Asians and Europeans of all sorts. Separate spas for each gender though, unfortunately."

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187018 Nov 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The road to prosperity is called,“Education.”
For some who learning is easy.
For others they have to work extremely hard at it.
Don’t be envious Bob of those who went down the right road and worked hard to succeed.
I'm not envious of theft, extortion and other economic abuse.

Mitt the Twitt has been shown to be all of the above and worse.

He does not deserve his ill-gotten wealth; the many people he trampled on to get it, are still suffering from his actions.

But you?

You think that is just peachy-keen.

Because, you know, Jesus was so polite to the super-rich.

Right?

..... riiiiight.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#187019 Nov 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
My apologies if you've been shown this already:
I_see_you
ICU
Intensive Care Unit.
[Buck yucks]
I'm sorry...I know what ICU means, I just wasn't sure what it meant in response to my post.

Location hidden

#187020 Nov 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"I see you"
ICU
Intensive Care Unit
I'm sorry. I knew what it stood for. I'm just not sure what the significance of it was to the post that I had made. I couldn't make a connection. Could you explain?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#187021 Nov 24, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. I knew what it stood for. I'm just not sure what the significance of it was to the post that I had made. I couldn't make a connection. Could you explain?
Buck is a character.

One of his traits is to wordsmith posters' names.

Don't pay it any mind.

It's all in humor.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187023 Nov 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck is a character.
Don't pay it any mind.
It's all in humor.
Or perhaps OCD.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#187024 Nov 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck is a character.
Don't pay it any mind.
It's all in humor.
Catch!

Don't be shy now. Day in and day out for a year you have started every day. I never post to you first. That was after following me to 3 rooms. Even today in 2 different rooms you started up. And now you want to get shy just because of your lotion and cucumber baths with men? I can't figure out what it is you want!

Let's be friends again! And as friends I have just one simple question. When you said:

Catcher said:

"Hey, I spent a week at a luxury hotel in Shanghai, with a huge spa--jacuzzi, saunas, Turkish somethingorothers, cold plunge, all sorts of showers, water with cucumbers and limes, towels the size of blankets, lockers, creams, you name it. Nobody wears anything. Great diversity--Asians and Europeans of all sorts. Separate spas for each gender though, unfortunately."

Why was it a point of interest for you to make sure you mentioned there was great diversity among the nude dudes you were bathing with? Hey it makes no difference to me who takes showers with who or whatever people do on their own time. More power to them. But I just found this confusing. Did it add to the ambiance? What difference does it make what ethnicity the other guys were in the showers?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#187025 Nov 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Things that might be proven non-existent if you go strictly literal of very old texts. I am sure you believe in what some Roman and Greeks wrote. I think the issue is you don't want to believe more that their is a lack of evidence.
At age 19 I had an Army GT of 136. That was the equivalent of a Wechsler 136. Either qualified for MENSA. I had an even higher percentile Navy IQ score years later.
I don't think your score would be significantly higher.
I, too have not fared as well in this society as I could if just based on IQ, but the fact is very few do. High IQ's are spread out among the population. There are other factors involved with "success" on the artificial level of civilization.
But the fact is I didn't need anyone to "tell" me most things. I could figure out things on the fly very well once I knew where I was going with it. The rest I just filed away for future use.
You are no dummy, but you have let emotions cloud your concise thinking.
I suspect by those numbers we are somewhat in the same ballpark, however it would seem that emotions tend to get in the way moreso when one is talking of things not proven that they believe rather than when people talk of things that are already proved to be true or false. Belief in a deity, for which there is zero proven evidence, certainly is not a rational thing to do, even if by some strange luck one happened to be correct.

As for the older texts, as to their being literal, I haven't read any since school, so my memory of what was in them would be rather poor at best. Knowing human nature to some extent, and based on how these things work in the present, I would think that old writings of an historical nature would not be literally accurate, especially long ago because the means of obtaining the information would be very minimal compared to today.

In any event, the truth or myth of past history on an earthly basis is in the past and the truth or lies that may have been in it would affect us only if we choose to be affected by them. Where so and so crossed the Rubicon makes absolutely no difference to my life today, as to whether the story is exact, which it could not possibly be, or whether it was totally fabricated. We are not predicting an eternity of horrible torture for those who refuse to believe ancient history. The stakes are not the same. We perhaps get a general idea of how things came about based on old history, but what we do today at the moment is the only thing that can affect us now, which man has any control over.

It really does not matter to me that likely American history shows the War of 1812 as being an American victory, rather than a series of victories and losses on both sides, which eventually led people to decide to come to some sort of a compromise. It would be most likely, had the British put forth all the power they had at their disposal in those days, that the USA would not exist today as we know it. What might have resulted would not likely have been any worse than what you have. Canada seemed to fare pretty well having stuck it out with England for another 90 years or so. Of course, we might have got the boundary to be around the 41st or 42nd parallel rather than the 49th, except for the Great Lakes area and the east. The fact that America came close to self-destructing only 50 or so years later, does not say much for what they were left with after the War of 1812. I kind of doubt that the carnage of the Civil War, being the worst that Americans have ever experienced, can ever be justified logically. As it was, some of what the war allegedly was fought about didn't really change because of the war, anyway, except that the states attempting to break away were stopped. As for the lot of the slaves, that still hasn't been fully fixed.

Location hidden

#187026 Nov 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Buck is a character.

Don't pay it any mind.

It's all in humor.
Lmao!!! Now I get it! Thank you

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187027 Nov 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, forget Lawrence Krauss, in order to have a debate about anything both parties need to DEFINE their subject matter, correct? Either something CAN come from nothing or it CAN'T. In order to even to begin to have a conversation about this we have to define nothing. If you can't do this, and I don't think you can for one moment, then any discussion about something coming from nothing is pointless. What do you believe existed before the singularity?
p.s. notice the lack of any juvenile insults.
Cute.

Location hidden

#187028 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

My contention is that there are many things that happen that science can't explain or prove.
Emotions are one of them.
God is another.
Another is women.

Location hidden

#187029 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not envious of theft, extortion and other economic abuse.
Mitt the Twitt has been shown to be all of the above and worse.
He does not deserve his ill-gotten wealth; the many people he trampled on to get it, are still suffering from his actions.
But you?
You think that is just peachy-keen.
Because, you know, Jesus was so polite to the super-rich.
Right?
..... riiiiight.
Proving yourself a liar, again. Blob.

Romney has given away more to charity than you will earn in you sorry life.

Location hidden

#187030 Nov 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, If I engage you, you'll drag me down to your level and defeat me with your vast experience.
My original post stands, period.
BTW, on an entirely different subject, but worthy of note, on this date in 1859 Charles Darwin published On the Origin of Species.
You left of the subtitle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min BenAdam 878,780
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min June VanDerMark 603,318
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 52 min curtjester1 41,139
I....LOVE....DR. J. Vernon McGee!!!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr BenAdam 8,040
Ruthlessly GREEDY New Yorkers earned 9-11 2 hr Critical Eye 15
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 272,879
The Christian Atheist debate 6 hr MrAnderson9 3,845
More from around the web