Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#186999 Nov 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know of any absence before the Big Bang.
We don't even know that the Big Bang happened, it's a mathematical assumption.
We also don't know if dark matter exists, it can't be seen or tested in any way, but it "explains" so much. Huh...
We DO know that something cannot come from nothing.
No one knows what came before the Big bang, and yes the Big Bang is a fact and it is NOT a mathematical assumption, the effects of the big bang, just like the effects of emotions can be observed. Cosmologist KNOW that dark matter exists, they can examine the..........yep, you guessed it, effects. So one-----two----three---yer out!!!!!! Next batter!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#187001 Nov 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all-- I would penalize him for CHEATING on his ill-gotten income.
He is a cheat-- like most ReThuglican super-rich, he hides his real wealth out of the US.
Even though he **got** his wealth on the backs of the exploited.
And I **would** penalize him for **that**
You can't penalize him.

All you can do is run to the end of your chain and bark.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#187002 Nov 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So I can only assume you support the idea that emotions in humans do NOT exist. Is this your contention? Of course I and every other person on the planet knows that emotion exist, but you support the idea that they don't..........Really!!!
No, that isn't my contention.

My contention is that there are many things that happen that science can't explain or prove.

Emotions are one of them.

God is another.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187003 Nov 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't penalize him.
You are why this country is in economic decline-- you sit complacently by, while evil men take from the poor and middle class, and give it to the richest-of-the-rich (people such as Romney).

Mitt-the-twitt did **nothing** to gain his ill-gotten wealth.

It was given to him-- he's just a taker, and contributes nothing of value to anything.

This is the case for the majority of the super-rich-- they did **nothing** to get rich, they just take and take and take.

And morons like YOU? You think that is just FINE.

Because, you know, Jesus was so full of admiration for the super-rich.

Right?

Right...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187004 Nov 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that isn't my contention.
My contention is that there are many things that happen that science can't explain or prove.
Emotions are one of them.
God is another.
LMAO!

Just because **you** are so incredibly ignorant of science and the scientific findings regarding emotions?

You think that science cannot prove they exist, or has nothing to say about them--

-- because **you** are too stupid to understand?

LMAO!

No **wonder** you are a god-robot!

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#187005 Nov 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No one knows what came before the Big bang, and yes the Big Bang is a fact and it is NOT a mathematical assumption, the effects of the big bang, just like the effects of emotions can be observed. Cosmologist KNOW that dark matter exists, they can examine the..........yep, you guessed it, effects. So one-----two----three---yer out!!!!!! Next batter!!!!!
It is a mathematical assumption, nothing more. It's not like scientists can go back in time and observe it, all they can do is see an infinitesimal part of the universe and try to come with an explanation for it. They call it the BBT.

They used to call it the steady state theory. That used to be "fact", too. But even the BBT has it's problems. Try explaining the horizon problem, the flatness problem, and the magnetic monopole problem. I dare you.

Dark matter is a hypothesis. It's not even a theory but you call it fact.

Your beliefs are showing....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187006 Nov 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't penalize him.
LMAO!

You and your lies... too funny!

You probably think Mitt **deserves** the millions of dollars he embezzled from the middle class...

.... LMAO!

But if you ask Mitt real nice? I bet he'd share some of those millions with you, right?

Because you and he worship the same god, right?

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187007 Nov 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a mathematical assumption, nothing more. It's not like scientists can go back in time and observe it, all they can do is see an infinitesimal part of the universe and try to come with an explanation for it. They call it the BBT.
They used to call it the steady state theory. That used to be "fact", too. But even the BBT has it's problems. Try explaining the horizon problem, the flatness problem, and the magnetic monopole problem. I dare you.
Dark matter is a hypothesis. It's not even a theory but you call it fact.
Your beliefs are showing....
Oh, it is so cute when you try to sound all "sciency" like the above.

You use words you have stolen from some Liar For Jewsus website, and you have absolutely **no** clue what you are even writing!

It is so very **funny**!

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#187008 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, it is so cute when you try to sound all "sciency" like the above.
You use words you have stolen from some Liar For Jewsus website, and you have absolutely **no** clue what you are even writing!
It is so very **funny**!
LMAO!
Your concession is noted and accepted.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187009 Nov 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your concession is noted and accepted.
Only an idiot (you) would call what I wrote "concession".

LMAO!

You are some special kind of stupid.

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187010 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
When?
When...**exactly** will this "finding" occur?
I sought for more than 40 years-- and never even one time, did your "god of all" bother to show up.
So....**WHEN**?
Seriously... your claims are utterly without merit.
Your particular case is much different than your fellow Atheist. In your case there was a radical event that triggered your extreme bitterness. That event you have kept hidden from the topix community.

You must have done something really bad. Obviously you were shunned because of what you did. Your bitterness turned to hate and you denied the very God you once worshipped.

Bob, that was the road you decided to go down. I still think God can forgive you but your stubborn pride is standing in the way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187011 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
You are why this country is in economic decline-- you sit complacently by, while evil men take from the poor and middle class, and give it to the richest-of-the-rich (people such as Romney).
It was given to him-- he's just a taker, and contributes nothing of value to anything.
This is the case for the majority of the super-rich-- they did **nothing** to get rich, they just take and take and take.
Right?
Right...
Governor Romney has wealth he accumulated from hard work. He had an excellent foundation early in his life with a good education and work ethic. They just don’t accept anyone into Harvard. The man graduated with a masters degree in business.

His family didn’t have 200 years of great wealth. His father had nothing during the great depression and worked very hard to achieve success. The Romney family has had great success and are wealthy today. But not as wealthy as Bill Gates whom you admire so much.

Bob some people work hard for their wealth and Mitt is one of those people. Unlike for example someone who won millions playing a one dollar lottery.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187013 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Right?
Right...
"And morons like YOU? You think that is just FINE."

How Atheist of you.[tipping hat]

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#187014 Nov 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Hey, I spent a week at a luxury hotel in Shanghai, with a huge spa--jacuzzi, saunas, Turkish somethingorothers, cold plunge, all sorts of showers, water with cucumbers and limes, towels the size of blankets, lockers, creams, you name it. Nobody wears anything. Great diversity--Asians and Europeans of all sorts. Separate spas for each gender though, unfortunately."
You explained that the spas and other things were all male and all nude. And you made a point to share that there was great diversity among the nude men you were bathing with. How did that add to the experience for you compared to for example if all the guys were of one ethnicity?
Why was it noteworthy enough to you to mention that there was great diversity among the nude guys you were bathing with?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187015 Nov 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Governor Romney has wealth he accumulated from hard work.
Bullshyt. He got his wealth by stealing, fraud and from is extremely wealthy parents.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#187016 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Right?
Right...
The road to prosperity is called,“Education.”

For some who learning is easy.

For others they have to work extremely hard at it.

Don’t be envious Bob of those who went down the right road and worked hard to succeed.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#187017 Nov 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was it noteworthy enough to you to mention that there was great diversity among the nude guys you were bathing with?
Opps, messed up the quotes

Your post only said:

Catcher said:

"Hey, I spent a week at a luxury hotel in Shanghai, with a huge spa--jacuzzi, saunas, Turkish somethingorothers, cold plunge, all sorts of showers, water with cucumbers and limes, towels the size of blankets, lockers, creams, you name it. Nobody wears anything. Great diversity--Asians and Europeans of all sorts. Separate spas for each gender though, unfortunately."

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#187018 Nov 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The road to prosperity is called,“Education.”
For some who learning is easy.
For others they have to work extremely hard at it.
Don’t be envious Bob of those who went down the right road and worked hard to succeed.
I'm not envious of theft, extortion and other economic abuse.

Mitt the Twitt has been shown to be all of the above and worse.

He does not deserve his ill-gotten wealth; the many people he trampled on to get it, are still suffering from his actions.

But you?

You think that is just peachy-keen.

Because, you know, Jesus was so polite to the super-rich.

Right?

..... riiiiight.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#187019 Nov 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
My apologies if you've been shown this already:
I_see_you
ICU
Intensive Care Unit.
[Buck yucks]
I'm sorry...I know what ICU means, I just wasn't sure what it meant in response to my post.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#187020 Nov 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"I see you"
ICU
Intensive Care Unit
I'm sorry. I knew what it stood for. I'm just not sure what the significance of it was to the post that I had made. I couldn't make a connection. Could you explain?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Behewawawawawa 42,009
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min trifecta1 989,741
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 16 min Rabbis on the Run 129
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 42 min Paul McCartney is... 618
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Rabbis on the Run 690,456
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 107
our STORE is starting on politics 2 hr Curious 4
More from around the web