Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#186630 Nov 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree.
My good Doctor,[tipping hat]

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#186631 Nov 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
If I had known you would back up this dumptruck load of bullshit, I would have never mentioned it. Your premise is made up of whole cloth.
Nice rebuttal.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#186632 Nov 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Abiogenesis isn't a belief though. It's the hypothesis of a process by which a living organism arises naturally from non-living matter.
As opposed to the belief that god created it.
God is not a hypothesis, it is a belief.
Abiogenesis is a hypothesis.
We study how this may have happened using materials and science, by testing various bio-chemical reactions with organic matter.
I think we gave up along time ago trying to test for a god, there's no chemicals or reactions that can lead to finding god.
But there is considerable effort toward the discovery of how life came to be , using this methodology.
Forrest Gump,

“It all started with a RNA pool party, there was this band and they were playing hard rock music.”

Things got out of hand and the cops came and raided the place.

The RNA band just kinda went everywhere.

From there, sh*^ happened.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#186633 Nov 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitting Bongo in the nose.
[laughing]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#186634 Nov 22, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Concentrate on proving the god your creationist cult sent you here to lie to us about, instead of getting caught up in stupid conversations.
I believe you’re partially paralyzed.

God can heal the brokenness of your spirit.

The bitterness you hold can be removed.

Disengage from your hate and ask God to forgive you of all your sins. Then the healing can begin my friend.

Fennario

#186635 Nov 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
He fabricates scriptures.
If I did, do you think you would know a made up scripture from one in the Christ bible?

On a related topic, do you think that you can pick out the bible verse from the from Shakespearean excerpt? Which of these is which?
http://www.sporcle.com/games/bamachile/billy-...

1. For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so
2. All that glisters is not gold
3. Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown
4. Let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth
5. What a piece of work is a man
6. Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
7. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine
8. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
9. Stay me with flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love.
10. Give me my robe, put on my crown; I have Immortal longings in me
11. Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears
12. This above all: to thine own self be true
13. How poor are they that have not patience!
14. Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing
15. Neither a borrower nor a lender be
16. Lord, what fools these mortals be!
17. Vanity of vanities; all is vanity
18. The better part of valor is discretion
19. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning
20. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#186636 Nov 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't accusing me of being wrong, you're accusing Einstein of being wrong. As matter a fact you are accusing all of science of being wrong, but that's nothing new here, same old Dave rants, different day.
Perhaps you don't understand what Einstein and others have actually said or describe.

You are a word worshipper. An intellect created exclusively by what you think you heard. An artificial intelligence.

Try understanding what you "know". Sprout some leaves and start growing, peanut head.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#186637 Nov 22, 2013
JFK Remembered.

America, The Beautiful Lyrics
by Katharine Lee Bates - 1913

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet,
Whose stern impassion'd stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America! God mend thine ev'ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life!
America! America! May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev'ry gain divine!

O Beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam,
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!
Bongo

Coram, NY

#186638 Nov 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bongo, I'll whoop your big ass.
You hear me?
You know better than to give any nod of credibility to that description of me.
I take them on here with superior intellect and word skill.
And I win.
You are a marked man, my friend.
You have 1 ass-whoopin on deck. It has a batting donut on.
I was kidding. Wasn't the video funny? I could never impugn your superlative polemical skills. If you insist, we can have at it. I promised once I wont bust your nose. I will pummel the recidivist outta you if I can. We would have to do it soon because Obama has caused me to get a cancellation notice for my health ins. and I may have a lapse in coverage, in case I need it.{ for my knuckles}

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#186639 Nov 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You created a non living turnip head? What did you use? magnets?
The universe created one. You. With magnetic forces.

Read how your matter came into being per modern physics. It was formed.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#186640 Nov 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[laughing]
How would you like a 3rd party stomping?

Fennario

#186641 Nov 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
No, "anti-choice" is inaccurate and dishonest.
Your analogy with navy wear is flawed. The analogous subterfuge would be to say Navy personnel wear uniforms that are pink. Navy blue and pink are both colors. But to say the navy wears pink, knowing otherwise, is deception.
OK. Thanks.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#186642 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you don't understand what Einstein and others have actually said or describe.
You are a word worshipper. An intellect created exclusively by what you think you heard. An artificial intelligence.
Try understanding what you "know". Sprout some leaves and start growing, peanut head.
I'm not the one known to twist reality like you Davey boy!

Describe any event in space Dave, say the concert at the coliseum, many people may want to see it. What must you do to be there when it happens , you know the location now WHEN will it be.

Events in space have no meaning without the 4th dimension describing when happens or happened, or did you think it all happened as a growth.
The concert is when the green leaves turn red and a peanut has a head...pfft!

Fennario

#186643 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes. What about the ghost poop? Ever had that? You know, where you take a nice shit then when you wipe, there's nothing on the toilet paper. Ghost poop.
Thank you for sharing. There just aren't enough ass wiping posts.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#186644 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I believe that Boooots lived on Barbados for several weeks or months this year. He may want to chime in if sees any of this posting.
I have not see the rest of this conversation, but yes I spent over 9 weeks in Barbados early this year, and am booked to go back end of January for another stay there. I have not rented any vehicles there, and I drove only once, the first year I was there in my landlady's Mini. After about a mile of driving on the wrong side of the road with a lot of very crazy erratic drivers there, I have not wanted to rent, plus car rental is quite expensive. We have traveled around the island several times either with friends, family, or by bus (cheap bus service can take you almost anywhere on the island, if you don't mind the possibility of being in an accidents). Very narrow roads, tight corners, fast drivers, people walking with no sidewalks, all lead to potential disaster. A good friend who lives in Barbados was in a bus/car collision about a year ago in which 3 people were killed in the car, and another severely injured (fault of car driver who attempted to pass while approaching a bus, an occurrence that happens constantly, but this time he didn't make it). Our friend was on the bus and although slightly injured, no one on the bus died.

Wonderful place, though probably more expensive for lodging and food than some other islands. Cuba, though not near as far south is a better place in some aspects, though I have been there only once, and we had an all inclusive resort where the food was not the best. Cuba is very safe, and Barbados is one of the safest, so I have been told. Only English is spoken on Barbados, but few will understand the local people talking, as they speak very fast and their way of speaking is very difficult to understand. That would not be the case in stores, etc., where you are being served. Don't expect rapid service in stores though, as usually that doesn't happen.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#186645 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You didn't ask me, but I'll answer:
I would only be bitter if I believed that somebody could have prevented the death, but allowed it to happen anyway. Otherwise, I would just be grieving.
This is a huge benefit of unbelief. There is a little boy with leukemia that is presently in remission who was on the news recently when the Make-A-Wish foundation arranged for him to live out his fantasy of being the superhero Batman. http://rt.com/usa/batkid-leukemia-saves-san-f...
If I later one day that he died of his disease, unlike the theist, I will have the comfort of knowing that it was just rotten luck, and not something that was allowed to happen.
Not long ago I went to a local restaurant here in town. I stepped out of the vehicle and heard the sound of hundreds of children playing at recess at the adjacent public school. It took me back briefly of the times I played at school recess.

It is one of the sweetest sounds one can ever hear. The sound of children playing. It was a joy to hear hundreds of children playing tag, ball and games of every sort. My good friend there’s a playground in heaven unlike anything here on this earth. There’s no more dying or pain and suffering.

Matthew 19:14
King James Version (KJV)

14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. Only great joy for all who go there.

[tipping hat]

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#186646 Nov 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your sticking with your story, evidence be damned.
Much of the body of published tomes about Jesus' life is not derived from Paul, Constantine, or the Gospels.
Having admitted your knowledge basis is the King James, you are admitting an errant knowledge basis,(as you often highlight yourself), and giving verification to my low assessment of your acumen on the subject.
Lastly, to credit people coming after Jesus for how his own life is distinguished by history and literature is, well,...abzurd.
I would have used the word "stupid", but refrained out of respect.
'Cause that's the kind of guy I am.
As an afterthought, I don't believe you. Religion aside, any man who can attract a following for a life-approach that gives upheaval to the powers of religion and government, knowing he will likely die for it, which is an irrefutable fact, is objectively impressive.
David Koresh, Jim Jones, Joseph Smith, Muhammad (although it appears he was not killed for what he did). There are a lot of very impressive characters in books, and serial books that have come out in my lifetime too, Buck, but the author claimed them as fictional, and the very best knowledge we have is that the Bible is fictional too.

Yes, someone or something, got the Christian religion rolling in the first place, or it would not exist now, but the events which believers claim led to it are most likely 100% myth. That Jesus, the man, actually lived, is quite possible, and it is even possible, though we have no way of proving it, that he might have been some sort of an itinerant preacher too. Anything not natural or supernatural about him, though, is 100% myth, or at least the total lack of any evidence otherwise suggests that very strongly. All non-biblical accounts of the man Jesus would be hearsay as they were all written long after the person they write about was gone.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#186647 Nov 22, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> How would you like a 3rd party stomping?
Stomping?

Like they do in Europe when they stomp on grapes?

I hope you wash your feet.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#186648 Nov 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason he allows this.
http://www.godvine.com/In-the-Arms-of-an-Ange...
And what evidence do you have that he"allows" this?

Does that mean he could stop it if he wanted to? He probably should have stopped it just before measure 15 when he pitch becomes an issue. Even better, maybe he should have just pitch corrected her, and then let he continue.

Of course before we even get there, you need to post some evidence that "He" actually exists and is capable of "allowing" anything. Good luck Butt crack!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#186649 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing. There just aren't enough ass wiping posts.
I'm here as a public service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Dally Mama 775,576
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 min Classic 1,902
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 6 min Al Capone 5,111
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Ugly Truth from d... 605,040
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Dr_Zorderz 265,174
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min June VanDerMark 559,626
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 34 min Clear Dharma 35
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 40 min Lyndi 175,682
More from around the web