Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
178,921 - 178,940 of 225,655 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
IANS, you spend looking too much time at your belly button and not enough around you.
Here's a new word for you and Bongo: omphaloskepsis, the contemplation of one's navel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omphaloskepsis
Dave Nelson wrote:
One more time. You learn things and try to juggle them instead of figuring how they came to be. Book learning and no thinking.
Have I thanked you yet for taking the time to mentor me?
Dave Nelson wrote:
Some like to make fun of my EM, but they do so with the ignorance of a heeyukker.
That there's pretty ignorant, Dave.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Their limited mentalities are stuck on magnets
Are you mocking people with metal plates in their heads? Is that nice, Dave?
Dave Nelson wrote:
Grab one of your refrigerator magnets. You can't see a thing around it, can you? Totally invisible, isn't it? But it attracts some metals. It even repels other magnetic particles.
This is the same stuff on the outside of every atom that combines with other atoms that combine to make you and everything you can see. It is the skin of all you know. Physics classifies it as one of the forces, but it is THE force that allows you to operate. The way they classify it makes it just look as a force that arises from the polarity of the atom. But you have to understand that polarity was made. And that force transverses the universe through empty space. It travels through that space with the least impediment to its propagation. Any other matter in the way impedes it because it has to deal with those same fields within that matter. This stuff is everywhere, as a light particle or a magnetic wave. You can consider it as a divine wind driving the universe as well as likely being that which formed matter. This is the sole force that counteracts gravity and moves things via attraction and repulsion.
If you knew how this stuff is manipulated by us, then you could perhaps grasp what I mean in those metaphors. But you are stuck playing with alphabet blocks. Oh, it's just a force they list in the book.
Thanks for the heads up, Dave. I'll notify the scientific community.
Dave Nelson wrote:
You are a dumb ass,
LOL.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/health/ 2011/04/21/youngest-surviving- premature-baby-leaves-hospital / You can cut the cord on a preemie and it becomes a baby. In a prior post you made the distinction between a baby and a fetus as being that cord. If the cord existed you felt justified in killing it. It was just a growth within the mother. You made absolutely no distinction regarding the age of your "fetus".
You're confabulating again, Dave.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Someone is on life support? No problem for you to shut it off, is there? Once they go on it they lose their human identity. Secular humanist, huh? You have the mind of a murderer.
Have you been to the VA hospital recently, Dave? You need regular human contact, even if it's just a psychiatrist.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The Disciple Series: Holy Infinite Cypher Kibbitz.
The <±.·:*¨`*ELECTRIC±UNIVERSE* ¨`*:·.±>
Of the Blather Mage, Dave Of Zizzy Edicts.
1. Circumpolar Magnetidialectictric Geological Stringy Thingeory.
<±The Dave Nelson±> "Okay, here is something you can all do yourself. An experiment, if you will. You must first deunderstandify or something like that, and put aside all preconceived notions that the science you understand or have been "taught", has any validity even if you know it is valid. It may fly in the face of your "so called" Physics, but, I say it plain, unashamedly and without reservation. I march to the beat of a different drum. I boldly go where no man, except me, obviously, HAS GONE BEFORE!... <ahem> ... Now, let me explain; Tie a string to your finger, any bodily appendage thingy will work, but I prefer a finger because it's easy to locate and see. Next, obtain two speaker magnets, say from a Radio Shack™ dumpster. Now, find a rock. Juggle those for 56¼ seconds.... SEE? Amazing, isn't it?
That's called personal experience, I've replicated it hundreds of times, and the "religion science" of today can't adequately explain what just happened there...."
It's nice to see people communicating with Dave. He needs a little human contact, even mockery.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
heeyuk yuk yuk yuk That's right, you are from North Carolina. Don't need to know or understand nothing but what they tell you, right? That was EM actions that occurred when that green caterpillar bit you. heeyuk yuk yuk
Good post, Dave.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I have exchanged post with you and read a few of your post. Your problem is your thoughts consume you to a level, that you couldn't even come into anything new. You are beyond closed minded. I doubt you could even complete reading a paragraph of anything written without having your own opinion take over. I would advise you to read Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now, but I don't think you have the chance to comprehend it. Your post are text book to why a person should practice detachment of thoughts.
Again you are accusing someone of something that you yourself do almost every time you post.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is just another exhibition of your very poor comprehension skills. Your knowledge on new age religions, is nil. Instead of not responding or studying prior to posting on this, you proudly display your ignorance. You also fail miserably to keep up with science, yet claim to be knowledgeable. You interpretation of Quantum Physics is beyond backwards. Every scientist I have seen or read discussing Quantum Physics sooner or later states. There is a God and he is genius. It is no surprise you know nothing about it, claim you do and say "There is no God." You are my greatest proof, that if mankind went towards atheism and the belief they have no souls, it would be the slow destruction of the Human Race.
If every scientist of quantum physics that you have ever read discussing the subject has stated that there is a God, and that he is genius, then you have been reading some very non-public material. That is a very bold statement considering that I could probably google many many articles that would show you that not every scientist of quantum physics feels this way....and it would be a feeling (personal opinion), not scientific fact if they choose to make the statement that a god exists btw.
Bongo

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Nano inspires my best insult humor.
By the way, you've become quite the logophile inthe last year or two, especially of sesqupedalian words. I hope that I have contributed to that.
No hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliop hobiac you.
How about another word list?
For those unfamiliar, one of the byproducts of my archiving habit is lists of related words, all of which are more easily learned and understood when considering themas a collective. I have quite a few of them (@ Buck - please note the correct spelling of impugn, a word you used correctly recently, but misspelled twice):
[1] Animadversion - an unfavorable or censorious comment, or the act of criticizing.
[2] Aspersion - a damaging or derogatory remark, or the act of slandering.
[3] Calumny - false and malicious statement designed to injure a reputation
[4] Castigate - criticize or punish someone severely.
[5] Censure - strong or vehement expression of disapproval
[6] Contemn - treat or regard with contempt.
[7] Contumely - insolent or insulting language or treatment.
[8] Defamation - unjustified injury of the reputation of another, as by slander or libel; calumny
[9] Derogate – disparage, belittle
[10] Deprecate – express disapproval; belittle
[11] Disparage – disesteem; represent as worthless
[12] Ignominy - disgrace; dishonor; public contempt, shameful or dishonorable quality or
[13] Impugn - question the truthfulness or validity of a statement.
[14] Invective - vehement denunciation, vituperation, an insulting or abusive word or expression
[15] Obloquy - censure, blame, or abusive language, especially by numerous persons, the bad repute resulting from it
[|6] Opprobrium – harsh criticism or censure, or the disgrace resulting from a shameful act.
[17] Oppugn - oppose with argument; criticize adversely; call in question
[18] Pejorative – disparaging or belittling.
[19] Reproach - find fault with; blame; censure, upbraid.
[20] Reprove - reprimand or censure someone.
[21] Upbraid - condemn or criticize severely.
[22] Vilipend - Regard as worthless or of little value; despise. Speak slightingly or abusively of; vilify
[22] Vituperation - verbal abuse or castigation; violent denunciation or condemnation.
Anybody interested in expanding their vocabulary is invited to copy and save this list. If there is any such interest, I can provide several more.
Thank You Ians, You have been edifying in many ways. Heres a song
Bongo

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever crap so big your pants fit better?
Yeah, but is this an attempt to engage in a low brow conversation?
Bongo

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
CORRECTION
not "hot inmates"......."hot climates"
Lmao
Shut up, Buck.
Bwhahaha, and I thought only Catcher was after the Buck paradise. dude
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, but is this an attempt to engage in a low brow conversation?
Ah, it's the West Coast Bongo, not be confused with the East Coast Bongo. Is there perhaps a Midwest edition in the works?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...
I hope you find something thought provoking here.
I started reading this thread again for stuff like that.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Quite marvellous! The anthropomorphic principle was never so amiable. My muse BBC Radio 4 has a podcastable programme called "From Our Own Correspondent" and one of their recent submissions was about Irish railway journeys. I love that country.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>There's a railway junction in Ireland called Limerick Junction. It's way out in the sticks in County Tipperary, and nowhere near Limerick...
I once overheard two little old ladies on the platfom:
#1: "I wonder why they put the station all the way out here?"
#2: "Probably so it'd be near the tracks."
Thinking

Windsor, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Old news.

The Einstein stuff that works will last forever. e.g. E=mc^2.

The Einstain stuff thst doesn't work has already been discounted. e.g. steady state universe, quantum physics.

If only you lot of of fuctards could treat your buybull as dispassionately.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know.
But natural science existed since the discovery and manipulation of fire.
So maybe a longer than recorded history.
<quoted text>
He was a scientist for his time to be sure.
Just as Einstein was a scientist of our time.
Who's to say that in 2,000 years, "real" scientists of that time won't laugh and mock us for thinking Einstein was a real scientist?
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about modern science, I'm talking about science from roughly 300BC to 1850AD.
I'm talking about the two mellenia where science "knew" life came from non-life spontaneously.
You can't deny that for all those years, they thought it was fact.
And for all those years, they taught it as fact.
Even though it was never a fact.
What "facts" are we being taught now that aren't facts?
We used to be taught that our solar system has one planets. OOPS! Not a fact.
Bongo

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, it's the West Coast Bongo, not be confused with the East Coast Bongo. Is there perhaps a Midwest edition in the works?
If there was you can bet it will be north of akron.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

By the way, I hope you theists don't mind me repeatedly analyzing your methods and judging the quality of the thought they produce. It's something I enjoy doing and think I benefit from from doing. And I'm happy to do my thinking out loud in case it benefits anybody else.
This is analysis, or the "detailed examination of the elements or structure of something." What we do is to consider an object or abstraction in terms of it's components and its context - the part that comprise it and ther functions and relationship to the whole, as well as the things with which it compares, contrasts, and interacts - its context.
If we were talking about a particular car, we would look at its parts, what they do, how they interact, and how they combine to do what a car does. Then we would look at context - other cars of the same class, and previous models of the same car.
If we wanted to consider an even broader context, we might discuss all cars by this manufacturer, compare cars to trucks, buses, and other car-like objects, compare all of these to alternate forms of transportation such as boats, airplanes, and trains - nesting levels of categories from points and plugs to the world of motorized transportation.
In this case, we are deconstructing posts, examining their elements (claims, facts, opinions, words without referents, etc.) and methods (logical arguments, fallacies, framing, ridicule, self-congratualtions, etc.), and looking at the larger context of which kinds of thinkers use each, and what the product of that kind of posting is.
That's analysis.
I call it dissection, and I enjoy it more than the "debates" that take place here.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> If there was you can bet it will be north of akron.
I take it you enjoy squalor?
Bongo

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you enjoy squalor?
well, only if its the destitute variety.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution is a FACT, how could I "ditch" it?
Very good, you're coming around, you finally realize that evolution is responsible and not you demon God. Took long enough!!!
Sit and chant evoluuuuuuuuuuuuuuution slowly.

It's a cult following that I'm not into.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not in clinics or on strangers. I am not licenced here.
But I do give opinions to friends that ask for them, including second opinions on the meanings of lab tests and X-rays, diagnoses, prognoses, and therapeutic options just as I did with Riverside Redneck and his parotid, submandibular or sunlingual stones.
I do this at no charge, with no exam, and keeping no records. I also tell them that I have not studied medicine or examined a patient in four years.
I was at the top of my game, however, when I bowed out four years ago. Would you find it improbable if I told you that I used to study medicine diligently and was a very good student of it until I stopped? I have been blessed with an insatiable curiosity, the ability to learn just about anything, and a strong sense of duty - exactly the opposite of what the theists who accuse me of being a corner cutting, insurance defrauding, law avoiding hack on the run imagine.
Why do you ask.
I find people interesting especially people that have history and experience.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Old news.
The Einstein stuff that works will last forever. e.g. E=mc^2.
The Einstain stuff thst doesn't work has already been discounted. e.g. steady state universe, quantum physics.
If only you lot of of fuctards could treat your buybull as dispassionately.
<quoted text>
Are you bitter because you lost a close love one to leukemia?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min curiouslu 730,275
Delhi m koe top hai kya 8 min raj hot and sexy boy 1
Make new friends and potential parter in delhi (Nov '13) 10 min raj hot and sexy boy 2
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 24 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,187
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Commander Bunny 259,312
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 42 min Falcon 670
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 537,128
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 172,954
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 hr Tim Osman 117,803

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••