Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
178,181 - 178,200 of 226,180 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so angry at God?
What did He do to you?
Gave him a tiny penis.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

If deities exist they are nothing like those that (most) Christians believe in.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://guardianlv.com/2013/11/ quantum-mechanics-experiments- on-universal-consciousness-and -the-afterlife/
What happened to Polymath?
Polymath was last seen with a really thin knife trying to prove he could slice a pizza into infinite slices and put it back in the same box.

I warned him.

I told him if he had infinite slices of pizza of any size, it would fill the known universe, and he would have slices left over.

But he didn't believe me.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you have learned the left-wing claptrap well, my son.
But if facts matter...
The wealthy are the ones who pay the taxes. The lower half in income pay none.
Those goodies the lower half receive from the government come from payments by,...you guessed it.
Furthermore, there are no tax loopholes.
What you refer to as "loopholes" are the legally instituted regulations of the U.S. Tax Code.
They are not loopholes unless all of it is loopholes.
Tell you what, Buck.

Make a lot of money.

Then come see me.

I'll show you some "legally instituted regulations."

The ones intended for those who make a lot of money.

The ones unavailable to the average wage earner.

The loopholes I'm talking about.

I'll even throw you one now, as a gift, pro bono: Hobby losses.

I can set it up with thoroughbreds, or even a pig farm.

But first, you have to generate a bunch of income.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all Bill Gates is agnostic.
Secondly there may be small pockets of charitable donations from individual Atheist.
But I can assure you the impact of Atheist charitable organizations helping the recent disasters in the Philippines is practically nil.
And same goes for the response to central Illinois.
Most of your average Atheist don’t have a reputation of giving to charitable organizations. At least that’s the way I see it.
Atheist do have a reputation of spending resources fighting Christmas traditions.
I’m sorry Doctor, Atheist just don’t care about their fellow man . Not one Atheist came on topix and asked for donations to the Japan Tsunami or the Philippine storm tragedy. There’s a reason for that. They simply don’t care.
The Atheist Creed,“Me, Myself and I.”
And here again, just to prove what a lying sack o shit you are. A standup comedian named Doug Stanhope raised $100.000 for the tornado victims of Moore OK. The organization he formed to raise this money is called ATHEIST UNITED.

How does it feel to be exposed as an insensitive, lying, dirt bag????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So I guess you're saying ALL amputee's ignore God, ALL parents with down syndrome children ignore God, ALL the parents of children starving to death in Africa ignore God, ALL of the Jews during the holocaust ignored God. I would guess that also means that every child who dies from cancer has parents, grandparents, brother, sisters, close friends, ALL of whom ignore God. Thanks for the very interesting statistics, I really didn't think there were that many Atheists around, who knew!!!!!
I figured out why you are such a jerk, BlimpBuffoon.

You are a dick amputee.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Gave him a tiny penis.
You, apparently, would know!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Lying your ass off once more I see. You make these ignorant statements without bothering to research the subject. I do believe thats called being a lazy ass.
In 10 days Atheists have raised 55,495.00, call that "nil" if you want.
I do believe there are MUCH better places to ask for donation than TOPIX, really now!!!!
You have NO idea how asinine your comments are, and how idiotic your conclusion are. Simply because Atheist do not believe in God automatically means they care nothing for their brothers and sister of this planet. And the incredibly sad part is you don't even know how pathetic and TOTALLY UNSUPPORTED your claim is. Do you in fact have documentation that verifies your claim that Atheists care nothing for others and refuse to help those less fortunate?
Post this information or forever be known as a lying f8cking assclown!!!!
That's big talk for a guy with no dick.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Polymath was last seen with a really thin knife trying to prove he could slice a pizza into infinite slices and put it back in the same box.
I warned him.
I told him if he had infinite slices of pizza of any size, it would fill the known universe, and he would have slices left over.
But he didn't believe me.
He didn't believe you because you are a moron and your postulate is the result of ether a lack of a real education or brain damage. I am guessing you have untreated syphilis. I warned you about porking your porkers two years ago.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, Buck.
Make a lot of money.
Then come see me.
Agreed. The tax code was created by the rich for the rich. The richer you are, the more the tax code benefits you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, Buck.
Make a lot of money.
Then come see me.
That is not a loophole.

And if I generated that large income, I would generate more money in taxes to the federal treasury than I would with the lower income, even allowing for the tax code provisions you call loopholes.

Further, to generate and manage that income, I would have to employ people.

You know - jobs. Heard of that lately?

And if I get the benefit of the thoroughbred "loophole", it is a marginal inducement to hire even more people.

And they will then pay taxes. See how it works?

Or, I could assume liberals are going to gain even more power, and will take ever more of my income so Barrack and Michelle's dog can fly to Martha's vineyard,,,,

and decide to stay where I am. Then we all lose.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The tax code was created by the rich for the rich. The richer you are, the more the tax code benefits you.
You are stupid, BeenAssFucked.

Half the people pay no federal income tax.

The top 5% of income earners pay almost 60% of federal income taxes.

Some system the rich set up for themselves.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not a loophole.
And if I generated that large income, I would generate more money in taxes to the federal treasury than I would with the lower income, even allowing for the tax code provisions you call loopholes.
Further, to generate and manage that income, I would have to employ people.
You know - jobs. Heard of that lately?
And if I get the benefit of the thoroughbred "loophole", it is a marginal inducement to hire even more people.
And they will then pay taxes. See how it works?
Or, I could assume liberals are going to gain even more power, and will take ever more of my income so Barrack and Michelle's dog can fly to Martha's vineyard,,,,
and decide to stay where I am. Then we all lose.
Bullshit aside though, you make a lot of money and pay very little (if anything) in taxes.

The guy who earns a salary can't do that.

I go to dinners at Nobu and Providence, and the guy paying laughs and laughs, because the taxpayers fund 50% of the dinner. Lobster, beef Wellington, old Bordeaux wines. You're paying for it.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you constantly make posts that are so easily demonstrated to be false ?

The only way not to have to pay taxes is not to have an income or be extremely wealthy.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Any of them can be used to mislead.

You'll have to come up with better arguments.

And for the life of me, I can't understand why you identify with the wealthy elite.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured out why you are such a jerk, BlimpBuffoon.
You are a dick amputee.
I finally figured out why you never respond with anything intelligent, You're totally incapable of refuting just about anything I post, so you hurl childlike insults and then slink back under your rock.

BTW you seem obsessed with penis's, why is that!!!!!! This is you second post with a penis reference. Maybe too much time is prison with Bubba!!!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's big talk for a guy with no dick.
Oh oh, this would be your "Third" reference to a penis. Now I'm really convinced. Thats ok, nothing wrong with same sex couples, I have NO problem, completely ok with your sexual preference.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite your source, please.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite your source, please.
This say's 70%.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/12/news/economy/...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Lying your ass off once more I see. You make these ignorant statements without bothering to research the subject. I do believe thats called being a lazy ass.
In 10 days Atheists have raised 55,495.00, call that "nil" if you want.
I do believe there are MUCH better places to ask for donation than TOPIX, really now!!!!
You have NO idea how asinine your comments are, and how idiotic your conclusion are. Simply because Atheist do not believe in God automatically means they care nothing for their brothers and sister of this planet. And the incredibly sad part is you don't even know how pathetic and TOTALLY UNSUPPORTED your claim is. Do you in fact have documentation that verifies your claim that Atheists care nothing for others and refuse to help those less fortunate?
Post this information or forever be known as a lying f8cking assclown!!!!
This is what I said,

“Secondly there may be small pockets of charitable donations from individual Atheist.”

Atheist here on topix are always bragging how Atheism is growing by leaps and bounds. At the same time you claim faith in God is diminishing.

Yet all you can offer to a devastated community a mere 100k from all the Atheist in the entire country? That’s about less than 2% raised by a benefit concert hosted by Blake Shelton. Blake believes in God by the way as most of the performers for “Healing in the Heartland.”

That doesn’t include the millions that went to the Red Cross and Salvation Army before the benefit concert.

You should be mad because your fellow Atheist are pitiful contributors to charity which may include yourself in that group. I would be ashamed to even post that pitiful response by Atheist as if that was going to make a bountiful difference.

Atheist aren’t known for their generous charity. You keep throwing Bill Gates in that mix. He doesn’t even know he’s an Atheist. He’s never came out and said “I’m an Atheist.“ His wife has had a Christian background.

Maybe you should call him and tell him that you have officially drafted him so you can claim all his charitable giving for the sake of Atheism. Lord knows Atheist need to capture that little bit of credit.

The United Methodist Committee on Relief, Direct Relief International, Matt Kemp of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder, Continental Resources, Devon Energy, ONEOK, Koch Industries, Hobby Lobby, and Carrie Underwood all pledged donations to the relief efforts.

On May 29, 2013, NBC aired Healing in the Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert, a fundraising concert hosted by country singer Blake Shelton and featured performances from Miranda Lambert, Vince Gill, Reba McEntire, Rascal Flatts, Usher, Darius Rucker and Luke Bryan. The concert raised more than $6 million for the United Way of Central Oklahoma.[74]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Moore_torna...

----------

The Atheist Creed,“Me, Myself, and I.”

[tipping hat]

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 538,660
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Holy dr Shrink 599,753
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessari... 732,573
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 257,784
ferguson and the real race war 18 min Bev Jamison 17
Appjoy invite code 19 min Tyler 42
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Freebird USA 173,260
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••