Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243391 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185302 Nov 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not into musicals. <smile>
:)

I'm not so much either. But, years back, I did the lights for a play that was based on JCSS.

It was an interesting experience-- back then, I was more of a believer than I am now.

I liked the music-- and I thought the story superior in every way to the bible's version.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185303 Nov 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO The message of Jesus died shortly after He did. The wake lasted almost 300 years. The burial services occurred in 325 AD.
Absolutely.

However, we can assume certain things, based on what *is* preserved.

Whether they resemble what the fictional character supposedly said to equally fictional "disciples" is not really all that important, is it?

:D

We moderns must deal with the ugly aftermath, unfortunately.

And it's been corrupted so badly, it's now used to "justify" great evil.

Sad, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185304 Nov 17, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> You continue to commit the genetic fallacy Bobby,not too rational of you.
And **you** continue to fail to produce a **reputable** source for your baseless lies.

Classic Godbottery, it is, too.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#185305 Nov 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It already is. BTDT twice.
First Interferon treatment and rehab. About $100K in bills paid by the State of Pennsylvania. They also paid 80% of my university tuition.
Some of us do not want a handout.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185306 Nov 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Some of us do not want a handout.
Then? Don't sign up-- if you have insurance? No problem.

Even if you choose to go uninsured? Still no problem--unless you get really sick, that is...

... then?

You'll end up like so many Americans before you-- filing bankruptcy due to excessive medical bills.

Even if you **do** have insurance? Under the **old** system-- you'll **still** file bankruptcy most likely.

3/4 of Americans who filed bankruptcy due to excessive medical costs,**had**insurance**.

This is why we desperately need **reform**

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185307 Nov 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Some of us do not want a handout.
Still no link to a **respected** website that would confirm your claims.

Interesting.

It appears you cannot support your claims with actual.. journalism.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185309 Nov 17, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Says the pathetic basement dweller with over 46,000 posts to his sad credit.
See?

You just hate pretty much everyone.

What a sad, pathetic loser you are-- and what a joke, too.

You **are** a credit, Credit!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#185310 Nov 17, 2013
Keepitreal1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You make these claims about god is this god is that but you don't provide any evidence to back it up. That's what God's do I guess, create flawed living things then and have them suffer when they don't obey him all because he's bored and has nothing more to do.
You’re definitely flawed. And you as a representative of a flawed product is going to critique? So in essence we have a flawed critique by a faulty being.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#185311 Nov 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fake.
You do not mean "god bless america" at **all**.
What you **really** mean is "god bless >>christians<< and >>NO<<>>ONE <<ELSE>>"
It's a honor and privilege to be called a fake by you.

I would love for you to say the same about me. I’m a little jealous.

One must always consider the source.

[tipping hat]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#185312 Nov 18, 2013
Hey everybody, if Bob calls you a fake and not a real Christian.

That’s a good thing. You’re on the right track and going the right way.

[tipping hat]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#185313 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
See?
You just hate pretty much everyone.
What a sad, pathetic loser you are-- and what a joke, too.
You **are** a credit, Credit!
If the word “hate” was counted and tabulated on all your post.

It would be equivalent to the number of our national debt.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#185314 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
What Names Would Jesus Call People?
I bet **you** know-- don't you?
PS. Your hate is showing.
Fake.
Your hate furnace is white hot Bob. It's going into meltdown mode.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#185315 Nov 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about social security..that is a completely different subject.
I'm said subsidy, the heath care for the poor will be subsidized with a government entitlement program. Detroit is the Democrats
entitlement model city, it was propped up by democrat rulers entitlement programs. It hasn't worked out so well for them.
This is 100% fact, there has not been a Republican leader in Detroit for 20 years. Take a look at what your Democrat government subsidized entitlement programs will bring us, with the unions begging to get their claws in the rest of America , pushing with Obamas backing to expand unions everywhere, take a real good look what this shyster is going to bring us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MZ5VWITI-nkXX
Detroit was perhaps at one time a model city. Lot’s of jobs and industry. The Unions played a role in getting employee’s better working conditions, benefits and pay.

But then their greed began to take root and grow. Companies began to move out of the Union stronghold. Even outsourcing to other countries with cheap labor.

Unions didn’t have any control on what company corporate people decided. We must also consider the greed by corporate America too. In their quest to pad their bank accounts for the fat cats in the corporate office. They created the need for Unions. Over the years there was faults on both sides.

Detroit’s local government gave the people what they wanted and voted for. They ran the city into the ground. It’s a fine example of the partnership of citizens and government.

Who in their right mind would want to go to Detroit and build a company? It’s going to take a dynamic leader to bring Detroit out of it‘s self destruct mode. The peoples mentality would have to change and I don’t think it will. That's not going to happen.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#185316 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
One IAnus technique I have honed into with him - I post a response to one of his posts, proving he's full of it, then he reappears to defend comments in his post that were not the object of the rebuttal, then feigns indignation. Another is the substituting of descriptive terms, or generalizations, that do not fit the actual facts, then using them for factual evidence. It's a straw man of sorts. It sounds convincing and admirable to our Topix Atheists. To others, he relies on it's authoritative and analytical tenor. It's not the least bit confusing once recognized.
You know how much we all treasure your opinions, which of course is all that empty, unevidenced claims like these are. Yours are the words of a man thoroughly defeated in debate with no other recourse than to spin fiction in the hope of salvaging a piece of his battered pride.

"Our Topix atheists," as you call them, are not the morons you take them for, and will not be manipulated by drivel like this.

Nor have they told you that I was convincing or that I sounded authoritative, so those are your own conclusions, and you would be correct to think so.

The reason I sound convincing is because I am. I back up my claims. If I were to write a post accusing you of things like this, it would not be just a laundry list of unsupported opinions as you have provided here but claims supported by cogent argument and specific examples - examples of your words with links to them. In this case, I offer your post above as the supporting evidence. One can see clearly that it is nothing but the sour grapes of a defeated man backed by nothing. Not a single piece of supportive evidence has been provided.

See the difference?

Fennario

#185317 Nov 18, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. think Al Garcia or Epi. Do you have a deep admiration for them or do you simply respect their integrity and honesty ??..
I admire Al Garcia, but not Epiphany. I merely find her pleasant.

Epiphany deposits her morning drive-bys that are trite Hallmark style snippets prepared for her onother sites, and then vanishes. She broaches no difficult topic and takes no risky stand. She is of no substance. She is merely a pleasant butterfly that alights for a moment and then flutters off. What's to admire there?

Al, by contrast, shows us courage and character with his unwillingness to succumb to the peer pressure and base values of his fellow Christians. That is admirable. The respect I feel for him and have expressed here is radically different from the respect I show Epiphany by being polite to her. Those are two different things:

Respect
[1] a feeling of deep admiration (Al)
[2] due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others (Epiphany).

Everybody is entitled to [2] until they lose it. Nobody gets [1] until they earn it.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#185318 Nov 18, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hate furnace is white hot Bob. It's going into meltdown mode.
Each post a creationist troll makes is a nail in the coffin for the cult of atheism.

We should encourage them to post more.

Anyone reading their cr*p will realise what rubbish their cult really is.

Location hidden

#185319 Nov 18, 2013
Thats what you would like me to say.

But unfortunately, reality requires that I ask failing creationist trolls for proof of the god they lied about.

Location hidden

#185321 Nov 18, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Says the pathetic basement dweller with over 46,000 posts to his sad credit.
Classic response when asking a cult member for proof of god

Location hidden

#185322 Nov 18, 2013
boobiefette wrote:
Atheism requires as much faith as religion?
----not to me.
It's simple.
meh....I simply don't care.
Atheism doesn't require faith, it is holding faith to account.

Dishonest creationists know this, and so they lie and equate atheism with faith.

Atheism is a way of stating that you are free from common faith based mental illnesses.

Fennario

#185323 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
what about the actual evidence of how Jones might be expected to rule? Judge Jones was aware before the trial that the Dover school board had already changed hands, and was planning to drop the mention (and it was only a mention, and a referral to those who voluntarily could look at a book in the library) of Intelligent Design. The case was moot, but he chose to hear it anyway, for reasons apparent in his zest for being in the lime-light.
Thank you for sharing your guess at what Judge Jone's motives might be.
Buck Crick wrote:
Judge Jones lashed out in court at witnesses for the ID side who, in his words, committed the infraction of "touting their religious views in public".
Did he? Good. It was a courtroom, not a church.

Maybe it was only his zest at being in the limelight, but whatever his motives, I appreciate Judge Jones' objection to the religious utilizing public resources to promote their beliefs.
Buck Crick wrote:
The New York Times reported that Judge Jones was awestruck that his case appeared on the cover of 'Rolling Stone', and that he even bragged to his wife about it before buying a copy.
The horror! Well that certainly invalidates his legal opinions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessari... 854,902
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 49 min raj 276
harun mat saat (Mar '11) 53 min Allah Maha Agong 126
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Brian_G 1,012
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Tony17 596,372
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 40,712
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr laskar shalahudin 444,343
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr truth 612,621
More from around the web