Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245132 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#184449 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Huh...
NightSerf:
The ultimate skeptics reject all faith and accept only ideas for which the evidence is compelling.
--
So NightSerf must not believe in dreams, emotions or intuition...
If he does, he's full of shit.
<quoted text>
How is it that you misunderstood that I was merely pointing out his bullshit?
There is ZERO evidence for dreams.
There is ZERO evidence for emotion.
There is ZERO evidence for a gut feeling.
IF you believe they exist, you're not following your own rules that you must only believe what has "compelling evidence".
You are so far out of your league here, that you are embarrassing yourself big-time.

Stick to racial epithets.

You are far more able doing that sort of thing.

San Francisco, CA

#184450 Nov 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Why is secular government better than theocracy?

You replied:
Who says it is?
Now you're posting at your proper level.

San Francisco, CA

#184451 Nov 15, 2013
*You: RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#184452 Nov 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to concentrate on proving the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about
So you can't prove dreams are real?

I know you googled it.

San Francisco, CA

#184453 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn't create Satan any more than He created Hitler or Dahmer. Satan chose his own path and God chose not to interfere.
God has the power to prevent you from Hell, yes. He can do anything He wants. But God can't do anything that would violate His character. That’s why He can’t make us love Him,
God can’t overlook our sins, and even though He would like to, He can’t save atheists who think they’re too smart to believe in Him.
First, you say your god "can do anything He wants."

Then, you say he "can't save atheists...."

Good one, RR.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#184454 Nov 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so far out of your league here, that you are embarrassing yourself big-time.
Stick to racial epithets.
You are far more able doing that sort of thing.
Ah, the good ole atheist comeback; "you're just stupid".

If you have nothing thoughtful to add (proving dreams exist would be nice), the why bother posting at all?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#184455 Nov 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When failing, creationists like to deny atheism even exists. Its because they are cowards who know that they are wrong
I'm not denying atheism, I'm telling Boob that he's not an atheist.

Please try to pay attention.

San Francisco, CA

#184456 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that God creates happiness?
Some of them do, some don't.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#184457 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks again.
Do you consider me an atheist?
It is impossible to know for sure, because one minute you describe your position and it fits within agnosticism. The next minute you illustrate how assuredly you believe there is no god, and that makes you an atheist. Then you render your position entirely incomprehensible by speaking of your spirituality, which negates the agnosticism and the atheism.

What do I think?

I think you are an atheist, through and through.

But you are a chicken-shit atheist. Your atheism does not satisfy you, and you want to spin a more rational equivocation for specific purposes. I wager the purposes are:

(a) To appear compassionate (you may actually be compassionate, but your arrogance makes it hard for you, as it does for most doctors, who are accustomed to having their asses kissed)

(b) To support your rational skeptic claim, as you are aware that atheism is a contradiction of rational skepticism.

You wish to have it both ways, in other words.

These are the conclusions I reach from weighing the evidence you provide.

San Francisco, CA

#184458 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Prove that dreams are real.
If you can't, they must not exist huh?
Define "real," as it pertains to dreams.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#184459 Nov 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor Buckster is a classic narcissist with severe poor self-image issues.
As such? He simply **has** to be right-- no matter what.
He takes it as a personal blow, everytime he's proven to be wrong.
So much so, he literally rejects actual reality if needed, to continue to harbor his "rightness".
Kinda funny to watch-- but sad, too.
.. Buck has allowed me to explore his mind and it's beautiful. He hides it very well on Topix ..

.. most believers think Catcher is a sarcastic dork. They fail to read between the lines ..

.. IANS? He's passionate about his cause and, with his logical concise mind underscored by awesome writing skills, he makes it difficult for anyone to refute his position. That infuriates believers ..

.. Dave Nelson? Well, I'm still trying to understand EM between his requests for naked pictures. Maybe if I send him a nude shot, he'll write his theories in language I can understand ..

.. I've disagreed and challenged everyone of these people but it's always about principals or concepts, not personalities ..

.. we learn through questioning and rebuttal. Unless done with a bit of humor, personal attacks distract from the process ..

.. can we be friends ??..

San Francisco, CA

#184460 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the good ole atheist comeback; "you're just stupid".
If you have nothing thoughtful to add (proving dreams exist would be nice), the why bother posting at all?
I didn't say you were stupid.

I do say you are uneducated, indoctrinated, provincial and ignorant.

And THAT'S why you're out of your league.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#184461 Nov 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Such precision of word meaning seems to be pretty important with select words to you Buck.
English has never been so rigid in definition, as words are bent in our language more often than not. So much so, it causes the dictionary to have to be revised from time to time.
Atheism has become a blanket term, not needing the precision of complete description to convey what it means from individual to another. I just wonder why you require this level of precision, when someone tells you they are atheist? Because under blanket terms, atheist just means "a person that doesn't believe in god".
The nuance's of this blanket expression is left for those who wish to qualify exactly what their thoughts are.
OH.

So if a word having a meaning other than the actual one serves my agenda better, I can just change the meaning of the word.

I didn't know that, but it seems convenient.

Although it's an odd argument for what is the proper way to use language.

With Established Harem

#184462 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Proof?
You can taunt Buck-- by voting his posts down with jugicons.
Within hours, they will be reversed by the Buckster-- he cannot **stand** it when he gets voted down.
It's most amusing to watch this game.
I can only imagine him frothing at the mouth as he frantically reverses the negative jugicons...
LOL!
.. except to give RIVER hearts, I rarely use the judgeits nor to I pay much attention to them ..

.. the message is rarely judged, the person is ..

San Francisco, CA

#184463 Nov 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It is impossible to know for sure, because one minute you describe your position and it fits within agnosticism. The next minute you illustrate how assuredly you believe there is no god, and that makes you an atheist. Then you render your position entirely incomprehensible by speaking of your spirituality, which negates the agnosticism and the atheism.
What do I think?
I think you are an atheist, through and through.
But you are a chicken-shit atheist. Your atheism does not satisfy you, and you want to spin a more rational equivocation for specific purposes. I wager the purposes are:
(a) To appear compassionate (you may actually be compassionate, but your arrogance makes it hard for you, as it does for most doctors, who are accustomed to having their asses kissed)
(b) To support your rational skeptic claim, as you are aware that atheism is a contradiction of rational skepticism.
You wish to have it both ways, in other words.
These are the conclusions I reach from weighing the evidence you provide.
I like to have my ass kissed, too.

What can I do to nobble you to do it?

San Francisco, CA

#184464 Nov 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Buck has allowed me to explore his mind and it's beautiful. He hides it very well on Topix ..
.. most believers think Catcher is a sarcastic dork. They fail to read between the lines ..
.. IANS? He's passionate about his cause and, with his logical concise mind underscored by awesome writing skills, he makes it difficult for anyone to refute his position. That infuriates believers ..
.. Dave Nelson? Well, I'm still trying to understand EM between his requests for naked pictures. Maybe if I send him a nude shot, he'll write his theories in language I can understand ..
.. I've disagreed and challenged everyone of these people but it's always about principals or concepts, not personalities ..
.. we learn through questioning and rebuttal. Unless done with a bit of humor, personal attacks distract from the process ..
.. can we be friends ??..
OK, OK.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#184465 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
If your god exists, you're in deep trouble. We all are.
Why do you trust such a creature? Why do you believe its promises about the afterlife? Has it kept all of its promises concerning this life? Do you know what promises it told? Did it tell the truth about the history of the universe and of life on earth?
Please, The Christian God is so much better than your option, and you know nothing of my God. You assume so much into Christian God, there is no way you could honestly say you do not believe in him.

With Established Harem

#184466 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
SSM infringes on my rights. Does that bother you?
.. yes, a great deal ..

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#184467 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
If you keep those hideously ugly thoughts to yourself?
There would be no need to "justify" them, would there?
I mean-- you could easily be a secret pedophile/closeted serial killer-- and so long as you kept all those illicit thoughts to yourself?
Nobody would care, and you could live out your lie in comfort.
(and that's all I read of your ugly hate-post-- your snap-judgement is not worthy of further study)
I proudly accept this post as you admitting, you do believe in the power of thought, creating a deity. You are not really an atheist, it's your comprehension skills fails you. Now you have to respond to my quote due to your superstitions. Well isn't that special.

With Established Harem

#184468 Nov 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To clear things up a bit.
HL sometimes gets whimsical, and posts in lighthearted jest.
She was just playing a bit in her posts to Bob.
HL is as good as they come.
.. you must want to have sex with me. Understandable ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Dave Nelson 865,683
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Gods r Delusions ... 600,115
The Christian Atheist debate 58 min ChristineM 2,042
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 222,001
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 6,545
White Lives MATTER 1 hr Burke Devlin 115
Native American lives MATTER 2 hr Mite Be 3
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 8 hr cute94 465
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 18 hr andy 45
More from around the web