Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,840)

Showing posts 176,781 - 176,800 of217,124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
Thanks, Cletch.
Back off, he was talking to me!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I own two Flugelhorns. One for classical stuff the other for more jazzy or contemporary music.
Do you blow on those Splugelhorns or suck?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Youre a varmit who doesn't know what team hes on or who his head coach is? lost one for the gipper? First one? Thought he never lost a one?
That was a while ago.

I did a two-year stretch behind bars since then.

You know what an insult is?

When your boy drops your last name.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/07/ge...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a while ago.
I did a two-year stretch behind bars since then.
You know what an insult is?
When your boy drops your last name.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/07/ge...
The kid's the son of Jim King, not Joe King as you ficticously call yourself. You're so sick...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. hi ya Big Brother. How was your vacation ??..
It was on a hunting trip of sorts, Li'l Sis - in search of the gold master points needed to become a life master at bridge - my latest goal - and available only at sectional bridge tournaments like the one I just attended in Puerto Vallarta. I was successful: I got a little over half of the number I needed (25) this trip, meaning I only need to do this one more time. I went without the Mrs, which made it a bit of a drag.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. yes, ego is part of self and serves a vital purpose. At times, philosophers refer to the ego as the false self so I understand what Buck is trying to say .. sometimes the ego can be a monster of madness (think Skom). When you walk in understanding, compassion and gentleness, ego is absent .. like organized religion, the painful need to always be right, the words of hate, the desire for vengeance and the proclivity to divide and separate is part and parcel of Topix .. if there's a better way, we must find it through each other ..
The better way will follow the decline of organized religion. It's a sure thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
The kid's the son of Jim King, not Joe King as you ficticously call yourself. You're so sick...
Oh,...then I'm sorry. Obviously, the mistake is mine.

Or,...

If you read half-way down the page:

"Haas, the son of hulking former Alabama lineman Joe King, is already 276 pounds."

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
Is that why climate scientists lied about their global warming data and skewed reports? Is that what they considered as evidence being "evaluated and properly regarded"? Because to some, it was more like evidence being stuffed down a dust crack so they could get more funding by being on the politically-correct side of science. I'm just saying - some would take hiding one's data and lying about it that way. Have scientists found out if eggs are good for me or not yet? They've been around a long time.(both eggs and scientists)
If fraud were genuinely a deal killer for you, you would have been an atheist long ago.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
The better way will follow the decline of organized religion. It's a sure thing.
Your kind seek to replace organized religion with organized unreligion.

Why is that better?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Even with my limited technical skills, I FOUND IT!!

Good boy.

Now don't let your mama catch you smacking it.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
I have no surprise that you view Dave's comments as gibberish.
I doubt that anybody does. I suspect that it's not really debatable with most of his audience.
Buck Crick wrote:
What is it that makes one person interpret a point of view as profound, and another dismiss it as white noise?
I can only answer for myself.
Buck Crick wrote:
Now you may proceed to ridicule.
Thanks, you furfuraceous, pediculous, xanthodontous, pilgarlic (not really, amigo, but I thought that you might like some new insult words for your edificiation and future Topix posting).
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you blow on those Splugelhorns or suck?
Holy Shit, you're pretty ignorant about a lot of things aren't you!!!! Don't they you read in prison?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,...then I'm sorry. Obviously, the mistake is mine.
Or,...
If you read half-way down the page:
"Haas, the son of hulking former Alabama lineman Joe King, is already 276 pounds."
Scroll down to the bottom, and the name is once again Jim King. Well written article. Anyway, I don't buy that you're really Joe King, so I not going to pursue this.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

I'm/I

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
:-) You are exceptionally rational this morning. For you. More in the amusing range than the obnoxious one.
I've evolved since we last met.
Dave Nelson wrote:
I have deduced a higher intelligent force from following the laws of physics, both the official, and my own experiments.
If it were deduction, others would be able to follow your argument and agree. I suspect something else.
Dave Nelson wrote:
I was trained and developed in the skills of following schematics, none of which have magic beginnings and endings to them.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Your ego precludes acceptance of such as you would like to fancy yourself as a creator.
My ego has served me well thus far, so I trust it.
Dave Nelson wrote:
In my experiments I found I could draw that force out of the ground and wrap it up. It became an invisible entity. I also disassembled it, and it didn't go with out a fight. This was the same technology employed by the megalith builders and their religion. They just had a different perspective and term of what the energy was.
OK.
Dave Nelson wrote:
If you get within the influence of those devices on the macro scale you can get a religious experience.
What else is available? Those don't interest me any more.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Excuse the editing of your post to allow space for this response.
No problema, amigo. Edit away.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Scroll down to the bottom, and the name is once again Jim King. Well written article. Anyway, I don't buy that you're really Joe King, so I not going to pursue this.
Alabama has never had an offensive lineman named Jim King.

You can check.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy Shit, you're pretty ignorant about a lot of things aren't you!!!! Don't they you read in prison?
Yes, but it's mostly People Magazine.

And they never mentioned Splugelhorns.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

<quoted text>

<quoted text>
Thanks, you furfuraceous, pediculous, xanthodontous, pilgarlic (not really, amigo, but I thought that you might like some new insult words for your edificiation and future Topix posting).
bwhahahahaha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>

I doubt that anybody does. I suspect that it's not really debatable with most of his [Dave's] audience.
That's because only one member of Dave's present audience is as smart as Dave.

Dave's post to which I referred displays more insight into the nature of humanity than everything you learned in medical school, or even if you throw in all your humanist propaganda literature.

His ability to experience and express it is the most impressive thing I've seen on Topix,...other than myself.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Would you believe me if I told you I had a dream last night?
Yes, you would.
Without evidence to support it.
Imagine that.
Hey, I know a great term for your argument.

Red herring.

Heard of it?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I own two Flugelhorns. One for classical stuff the other for more jazzy or contemporary music.
Alright, you da man Doctor!

When changing batteries in your boat or vehicle. Always disconnect the negative terminal first and then the positive.

Very important procedure so that you donít blow out your electronics which can be very costly. And that advice goes for you primary and secondary batteries.

Most of your emergency vehicles like fire trucks have duel battery start capabilities.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 176,781 - 176,800 of217,124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

469 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Aerobatty 680,593
Legal marajuana is an act of rebellion against God 19 min Doctor REALITY 1
Gay Snapchat Names 23 min gbtm1 1,355
The REAL reason the White House won't deport Ju... 27 min Doctor REALITY 1
The REAL reason the White won't deport Justin B... 32 min Doctor REALITY 1
Dirty pictures 34 min Raynman7 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min pusherman_ 596,599
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min Henry 512,266
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Xbobstax 266
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr danetoo 109,734
•••
•••
•••