Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255503 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183981 Nov 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Have you considered a blob blog, blob? Buck has shined the light on what a turkey you are, have you no shame? Please sing "this little light of mine" you know, just like you use to. lol
What? Are you just a sock-puppet for Butt Cheeks, now?

Sad.

The Buckster always runs away from anything I write-- all he **ever** does? Is use filthy names and such at me personally.

Much as I demonstrated above.

Only The Buckster isn't laughing-- he's serious.

I'm all about the laughs-- you True Believers™ are so funny.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183982 Nov 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The three dumbest guys are voting huh?
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183983 Nov 13, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I'm asking you.
Evolution is an uncaring process.

Apparently?

So is your god... for your god's "handiwork" is indistinguishable from evolution...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183984 Nov 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Whats wrong with me? I'm NOT an all powerful loving, caring, compassionate, omnipotent being who created everything, and could stop all children from suffering needlessly, but instead chose to murder them. Thats all.
Yep.

All human created suffering pales in comparison to the total suffering that god -- if god were really real-- is responsible for.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183985 Nov 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
<bullshyt deleted unread>
I have no idea what you post-- I do not read it.

I do note when you reply to me, however.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183986 Nov 13, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet over the years you could tell a story or two about musicians performing with illegal narcotics in their blood. I don’t think we can blame that on God can we?
Why not? Did not your god **create** the plants from which these drugs come from?

Or is your god so inept, that he could not foresee the uses people put things to?

Hmmmm.... your god is pretty stupid...

... seriously.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183987 Nov 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. don't blame me. Thinking brought it up ..
Okay. But I did not see Thinking write what **you** wrote-- and I always read his posts (they are usually dry wit and hilariously funny)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183988 Nov 13, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob being Bob doing what Bob does best. Atheist demagoguery.
How Atheist of you.
See?

You cannot refute my arguments.

So you go all Jesus on me--

... for Jesus was all about making fun of people, right?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183989 Nov 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. girls just like to have fun ..
So?

You did make several insulting and blanket statements about atheists-- as your starting posts in this thread, even.

And when called on it? You try to get all self righteous...
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#183991 Nov 13, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I'm asking you.
All scientific facts and observations confirm that this parasitic worm is in FACT the product of evolution. Evolution, the word that scares you so horribly. Evolution, the process you have not even begun to understand.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183992 Nov 13, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Atheist are always right even when they're wrong.
Just ask one.
Only when they are talking to ...*you*.

It really is just you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183993 Nov 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. who says I worship any God ??..
It's a fair assumption.

Since you begin your first posts, with insults to atheists.... and then proceed to suck up to most of the resident theists herein.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#183994 Nov 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed
<quoted text>

Maybe some of the Christians present can shed some light on this matter. Are any of you unsaved?
Greetings, Believers usually know if they abuse the grace of God too much, they will likely not have their name in the book of life. Deep self loathing seems to conflict with easy forgiveness on demand. Often the self loathing over a matter is severe and its pernicious effects do not fit the crime. I ve noticed something recently, in my travels church after church with filled parkng lots and many with additions being constructed. To my amazement I took the time to count churches around my primary home . Within a half mile there were 9 and 2 of them were building additons. I also think if and when bad things happen in the world more people flock to the church. This is evidence of a great and mighty spirit, God. This suggests that in spite of any weakening influence to a carnal society , the church is not in downfall by 2029.
Till we all fall down, it'll do you fine,
Don't think about what you left behind
The way you came or the way you go
Let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#183995 Nov 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds like what people that believe in a god came up with on their own without help from their religion. If you think that I am mistaken, can you refer me to the relevant bible passages that led those men to think those thoughts?
And do you think this affirms the value of religion or Christianity? Do you think that implies that we should try to protect the Christians' declining church from shrinking further? If not, is there any practical aspect to this argument? What do you think it implies if you are correct?
Hell if I know.

But that's the history.

Remember it when someone says this nation had a secular founding.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183996 Nov 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. by chance, did I offend you ??..
.. if so, I'm sorry ..
No, not really: to take offense would imply I had an investment in this thread-- I do not, it's just a hobby, just for my amusement.

Also, see my post just prior to this one.

But a sincere apology should always be rewarded with acknowledgement, if nothing else.

Are we not civilized? <grin>

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#183997 Nov 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>All scientific facts and observations confirm that this parasitic worm is in FACT the product of evolution. Evolution, the word that scares you so horribly. Evolution, the process you have not even begun to understand.
What is evolution?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183998 Nov 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your like the little boy who stands in the middle of a field and shouts, "The Earth's not really turning, it's everything else in the sky." Older people come up to him and whisper, "thats not really true little boy, the Earth spins on it's axis." "NO it doesn't, claims the little boy, it's a lie, everything goes around the earth, the earth stands still." Finally the older more educated people just shrug their shoulders and move on, leaving the poor little boy in the middle of the field shouting his ridiculous claims, and the only ones listening are the animals and birds, the birds, if they could understand the rantings of this poor uneducated little boy, would only laugh as the adults had done, for even they know the Earth spins on its axis.
At some point the adults stop laughing and sorry and pity slowly spreads over their faces, realizing for the first time that there is simply no hope for this lost little boy who denies factual information, no hope whatsoever!!!
One of the best analogy/descriptions I've seen in quite awhile.

Brilliant!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#183999 Nov 13, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Atheist are always right even when they're wrong.
Just ask one.
Not true, I'll admit to being wrong. For example, I was dead wrong about you having any scientific knowledge whatsoever. I really thought anyone who had been on this planet as long as you have would have, just by osmosis, garnered some scientific knowledge. I was WRONG. See, I'm an Atheists and admit I was wrong.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#184001 Nov 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>All scientific facts and observations confirm that this parasitic worm is in FACT the product of evolution. Evolution, the word that scares you so horribly. Evolution, the process you have not even begun to understand.
Indeed.

Because "goddidit" is ever so much more useful as an "explanation".

Right?

I mean--we got all our wonderfully useful medicine from "goddidit"... right? No? That was from studying evolution? Oh.

Well, then we got all our amazingly useful physics from goddidit, right? No, again?

... hmmm...

...... what **did** humanity get from the idea of "godididit"?

...what's that?

..... war?

Oh!

That's... bad, isn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#184002 Nov 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Greetings, Believers usually know if they abuse the grace of God too much, they will likely not have their name in the book of life. Deep self loathing seems to conflict with easy forgiveness on demand. Often the self loathing over a matter is severe and its pernicious effects do not fit the crime. I ve noticed something recently, in my travels church after church with filled parkng lots and many with additions being constructed. To my amazement I took the time to count churches around my primary home . Within a half mile there were 9 and 2 of them were building additons. I also think if and when bad things happen in the world more people flock to the church. This is evidence of a great and mighty spirit, God. This suggests that in spite of any weakening influence to a carnal society , the church is not in downfall by 2029.
Till we all fall down, it'll do you fine,
Don't think about what you left behind
The way you came or the way you go
Let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow
What a lovely little delusion you have fabricated for yourself.

The **real** facts say otherwise:

Church attendance, all across the US, is down.

The younger the group being surveyed? The **less** churchy they are.

Within a generation or two at most? Churches will be mostly vacant-- for want of the young people to feed their ever-hungry coffers.

For that **is** the bottom line: feeding money into the monster-church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Phooey 646,441
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Lbj 48,264
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Trump is a clown 971,612
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 19 min ChristineM 445,707
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 26 min Diderot 3
Incest 27 min Diderot 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min WelbyMD 281,235
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Yellow Star 182,632
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web