Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Nov 13

Beaver Dam, KY

#183243 Nov 9, 2013
I do not see any FAITH in people who think man is in control over every thing that happened from the start of time till now. I only see stupidity in thinking we can TRY & I DO MEAN TRY to explain EVERYTHING that goes on in this universe with what little we know about anything. I can't see how anyone can believe that it just happened one day without any help. IF YOU THINK THERE IS NO GOD but believe there is a HIGHER power than man then you are not a ATHEIST because you believe in something besides man. WE are PRAYING 4 YOU..........
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183244 Nov 9, 2013
firedog508 wrote:
I do not see any FAITH in people who think man is in control over every thing that happened from the start of time till now. I only see stupidity in thinking we can TRY & I DO MEAN TRY to explain EVERYTHING that goes on in this universe with what little we know about anything. I can't see how anyone can believe that it just happened one day without any help. IF YOU THINK THERE IS NO GOD but believe there is a HIGHER power than man then you are not a ATHEIST because you believe in something besides man. WE are PRAYING 4 YOU..........
No one EVER said that man was in control of everything that happened from the start, what an incredibly stupid thing to say. Our planet formed 4.5 billion years ago, modern man has been on the planet for about 200,000 years.

So you think its stupid to acquire knowledge? Holyfuckinshit, really???? So you don't agree that learning about things is a good idea?

Get educated before you come on here and make a fool of yourself, what are you 14 years old? Probably, you come on like an ignorant teenager. Our Earth, solar system, universe, did NOT just happen ONE DAY. It was a gradual process over billions of years, and there is NO evidence that any "higher power" was involved.

Perhaps you should pay more attention in science class and quit playing with yourself. Or possible they don't teach science down there in the "bible belt" home of the ridiculous Creation Museum, yeah that must be it, no way anyone one could possibly be that stupid unless they were never taught real science.

You go ahead and pray for me, I'll sacrifice a goat for you!!!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#183245 Nov 9, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
Atheism requires no faith at all but I wish i had Jean-Paul sartre's attitude to religion, a man so thoroughly atheist he deemed the whole subject beneath his intelligence to consider. Simply religion is divisive and restricts us as a species, simple as that. Check out a book that's causing a bit of a buzz in the Uk called 2082 the chronicles of hope. On the website the 1st chapter for the 1st book is on there for free, there's a speech in there by an atheist politician that's genius
Atheism also requires no intelligence, so that one can appreciate someone like Sarte and his emotional intellectuality that emulates intelligence. History is rife with contrarians posing as deep thinkers, and always with an audience.

Since that is the same post you post repeatedly, it can be assumed you have a financial interest in the sale of that book. Of course this is a great place to peddle such a thing. Atheists need reassurance of their faith, what better than invoking a pseudo-intellectual political activist of the left that hates everything about the status quo. Except for the fame to feed his ego.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#183246 Nov 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
So many posts
filled with
self centered atheist
mumbo jumbo LOL
What a way to waste a life?
What else can a lying creationist troll say when his cult has been torn to shreds in a public forum?

Every comment you make now is a study in psychological denialism

Location hidden

#183247 Nov 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism also requires no intelligence, so that one can appreciate someone like Sarte and his emotional intellectuality that emulates intelligence. History is rife with contrarians posing as deep thinkers, and always with an audience.
Since that is the same post you post repeatedly, it can be assumed you have a financial interest in the sale of that book. Of course this is a great place to peddle such a thing. Atheists need reassurance of their faith, what better than invoking a pseudo-intellectual political activist of the left that hates everything about the status quo. Except for the fame to feed his ego.
Atheism requires enough intelligence to question the religious bullsh*t that your cult peddles as absolute truth.

Location hidden

#183248 Nov 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The garbage that comes out of your creationist troll machine is an embarrassment to your Jesus myth and all it's supposedly stands for...

Most normal Christians that pretend to believe in god but don't really, ey are embarrassed by creationism because it makes their cult look like lunatics.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#183249 Nov 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism requires enough intelligence to question the religious bullsh*t that your cult peddles as absolute truth.
Not really. Not nowadays, anyhow. It is a pill someone fed you.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183250 Nov 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The garbage that comes out of your creationist troll machine is an embarrassment to your Jesus myth and all it's supposedly stands for...
Most normal Christians that pretend to believe in god but don't really, ey are embarrassed by creationism because it makes their cult look like lunatics.
makes their cult LOOK like lunatics?....you mean their NOT. LOL

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#183251 Nov 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Their religion does not claim to alleviate dying, Blob.
The belief is that they all die. Just like you.
You almost had a rational thought, Blob.
You were this () close.
In that case, Rapture practice is canceled.

http://www.stufffundieslike.com/wp-content/up...

Location hidden

#183252 Nov 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were a god, Blob, how could you possibly know what it would "permit"??
You are just a moron who blabs drivel on Topix. Tell us why a god would consider clueing you in to what it would permit.
A homeless wino would not tell you a secret. So why would God?
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
A homeless wino would not tell you a secret. So why would God?
Don't be like that. Tell us a secret, Buck.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183253 Nov 9, 2013
A human from a pile of dirt, a talking snake, and magic fruit tree, a god who murders innocent little babies, fully supports slavery, rape and genocide, a 400 foot wooden boat with every animals species on the planet adrift for a whole year, people thriving in the corrosive gastric juices of a whale for a number of days, zombie rising from the grave and strolling around town, the magical insemination of a young women who spoke NOT a word about the incident, reveling in the symbolic act of cannibalism (drinking blood and eating flesh) Am I the only one who see's these beliefs a being batshitcrazy?

Location hidden

#183254 Nov 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying there hasn't been fraud in evolutionary science?
In your opinion, Eagle, how is fraud in science detected and debunked? Is it by the Scientific Method or perhaps because Jimmy Swaggart had a vision?

Since: Sep 10

United States

#183255 Nov 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, Eagle, how is fraud in science detected and debunked? Is it by the Scientific Method or perhaps because Jimmy Swaggart had a vision?
Pat Robertson.

And Buck Crick.

Location hidden

#183256 Nov 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pat Robertson.
And Buck Crick.
That's Pat

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#183257 Nov 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
A human from a pile of dirt, a talking snake, and magic fruit tree, a god who murders innocent little babies, fully supports slavery, rape and genocide, a 400 foot wooden boat with every animals species on the planet adrift for a whole year, people thriving in the corrosive gastric juices of a whale for a number of days, zombie rising from the grave and strolling around town, the magical insemination of a young women who spoke NOT a word about the incident, reveling in the symbolic act of cannibalism (drinking blood and eating flesh) Am I the only one who see's these beliefs a being batshitcrazy?
There are more of us each day that realize it is all mythology.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#183258 Nov 9, 2013
Pat Robertson is one twisted turd.

That millions of people are just like him scares the crap out of me.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#183259 Nov 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Pat Robertson is one twisted turd.
That millions of people are just like him scares the crap out of me.
Billions

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183260 Nov 9, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> I am always pleased to see your replies to me, and also your intelligent discussions with other folks.(not so pleased when you waste time with the idiots). it helps to get tips about how not to waste time following up on someone's suggestion. I do appreciate being given key words and not a link however, because I often do not trust the link if I do not know or trust the linker. So look up Rachel Maddow Hagee Bush apocalyptic (or however it is spelled), and maybe you will find a link to her show - or else try her at msnbc, which I understand has a nifty new webpage. she has a fabulous research staff - her intros to her stories are full of historical background and context.
also look for the news regarding the Virginia Attorney General race, which has not been declared yet because of uncounted ballots and a chance of a recount. The GOP candidate is a minor league version of Cuccinelli, I think. I also think Chris Christie is a lightweight, and is only being promoted because the press with any brains are a bit worried about the nutcases from the south and Santorum, and because he is a big personality that they can rev up viewers with. I think Barbara Buono was right about him and about the Democratic party bosses who made deals with him. The younger voters voted for her, I noticed.
Ms Maddow has an excellent website, and her videos are pretty easy to get at, if you like.

I'll go look, when I get time.

As for Christie? He's a classic politician, IMO, in that he'll do whatever, say whatever, to keep himself in power.

I do not think he has much in the way of scruples left.

As such, he's no doubt hiding whole mansions full of skeletons, so he'd not be much of a threat at the national level--where the pundits would dig into his kindergarten records if they could.

There's a reasons why North Eastern politicians have a rough time at the national level--they tend to play real dirty politics up there.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183261 Nov 9, 2013
firedog508 wrote:
Yes, because **praying** was **so** effective at getting your man Mitt-the-Twitt into the White House, right?

Right.

You pray all you want-- people like me, who are **doers** will be out there **doing** something useful instead.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183262 Nov 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
... well... when you put it so bluntly?

<LMAO>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Dally Mama 775,341
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 559,511
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min Anti-Christ 441,773
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min WildWeirdWillie 175,648
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 29 min RiccardoFire 37,817
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 30 min sarah ady 36
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min who 265,149
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 39 min preteen girl 605,021
More from around the web