Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245047 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183143 Nov 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
So, BakedBuffoon, then you have never voted for a democrat?
Well thank you for acknowledging your demo God as a baby killer and fetus destroyer, nice job. By not denying my statement you obviously agree he murders innocent little babies. Thanks for the help!!!!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183144 Nov 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don’t you lying little toad, I quote your post –“That message is this,“I’m a butthead.””
That my dear little godbot IS NOT RESPECT, that is ignorance that disrespects the US constitution.
If the pledge is not a form of worship then why all the objections to restoring to it’s early incarnation by taking the reference to god out? It has been made a form of worship
No he did not show disrespect, he chose to make a stand,(by sitting) and not to follow the sheep. That is not showing disrespect, that is showing individualism and personal sincerity. Nor is it showing what atheism stands for, that my dear is an argument born of ignorance and intolerance.
I am sure that there are many voters who feel as you do, that a person cannot be an individual after all the US is said to be 70 odd percent christian and we know the hatred you pour on the remaining 20 odd percent. And despite the US constitution there are some states that still have rules in place to bar non christians from office, such restriction in personal liberty and freedom of expression a supposedly free county is laughable
If as you say, it is not hurting you then why do you feel that you should comment so abusively and hurl disrespect at his freedom to exercise his choice?
Note that your constitution gives him the right to refuse to stand or recite the pledge. So what you are saying in reviling his actions is that you disagree with the constitution.
You godbots are all the same, you want individual freedom just so long as it’s on your terms.
“you lying little toad”

Well I’ll tell you this, you made me laugh with your comment. Believe it or not I was a horny toad when I was younger.[laughing]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183145 Nov 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So.
If the bible **lied** about the flood?
What **else** did it lie about?
Hmmm?
Bob, go do your dishes. They're stacked up to the ceiling.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#183146 Nov 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Well thank you for acknowledging your demo God as a baby killer and fetus destroyer, nice job. By not denying my statement you obviously agree he murders innocent little babies. Thanks for the help!!!!
I acknowledge no such god.

And you didn't address the question.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183147 Nov 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
We have been here before and it seems that you have ignored me and my citations
There is clear evidence in the fossil record, however some species have in times past evolved perfect adaptation to their environment they have no need to evolve further.
I though orangutans did drive taxis in New York.
Joking aside, why do you suppose orangutans make any sort of valid argument for the evolution of any other species?
Oh I know, because you don’t have a valid argument, fair enough
I'm sorry, I tried but whales comming from hoofed animals is over the top for even me.[hugs]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183148 Nov 8, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So, basically, even though the bible doesn't say that about the flood, that's what you believe?
I'm shocked - shocked!- that someone would alter the meaning of the bible just to match their own beliefs.
Shocked, I say!
[patting your head] Run along kid and take your skate board.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183149 Nov 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you believe a being for which you have no verifiable evidence for, scooped up a pile of dirt, blew on it and out popped a fully formed male. and zero against.
My good music Doctor, there may be some evidence of certain animals evolving to some degree. I have repeatedly said I believe in microbiological evolution. But I’m sorry, I tried and can’t believe whales came from wolves or hoofed animals. Setting aside microbiological evolution it doesn’t matter in life.

It makes absolutely no difference at all. Let’s say we both were in a car accident in Boston. We both ended up at the Emergency Room at the same time. The ER Doctor is not going to ask.“Do you believe whales came from hoofed animals?” Because you say yes, you’re not going to get better care.

Now if I was getting a graduate degree in science. I would tell the professor what ever he wants to here so I could graduate. That’s what a lot of scientist do. They play along because if they said what they really believed when it comes to evolution. They would be collecting trash for the City Solid Waste Department.

Evolution is the only science that has an enforcement arm. Why does it need this extensive enforcement arm? To keep the troops in line when it comes to pseudo science. My good Doctor, I can’t believe all that horse sh*t.

Now as far as how God made Adam? I don’t know how he did it. I just know that the very first recorded CPR was done by God himself on Adam. Thousands of years or even millions of years before modern medicine adopted the practice for saving lives. Now that’s something in the Bible that is relevant to all humans.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183150 Nov 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Well thank you for acknowledging your demo God as a baby killer and fetus destroyer, nice job. By not denying my statement you obviously agree he murders innocent little babies. Thanks for the help!!!!
He has been sweet to my little ones.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#183151 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
“you lying little toad”
Well I’ll tell you this, you made me laugh with your comment. Believe it or not I was a horny toad when I was younger.[laughing]
Good to laugh when your verbal abuse is pointed out to you eh? Means you have no defense and like a good godbot you are not even going to try, it’s easier just to shrug you shoulders and say “OK so as a good christian I was caught out lying but never mind because god will forgive me”

Totally pathetic copout

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#183152 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I tried but whales comming from hoofed animals is over the top for even me.[hugs]
A human being coming from your mother is over the top even for you

Actually no one cares whether it’s over the top for you, it is evidential fact so who actually gives a damn if some fundy does not believe in education?

As usual the fundy deliberately forgets the most important factor – time.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#183153 Nov 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I acknowledge no god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#183154 Nov 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult is full of sh*t and has no proof of god. Now run like a coward from the facts...

Location hidden

#183155 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good music Doctor, there may be some evidence of certain animals evolving to some degree. I have repeatedly said I believe in microbiological evolution. But I’m sorry, I tried and can’t believe whales came from wolves or hoofed animals. Setting aside microbiological evolution it doesn’t matter in life.
It makes absolutely no difference at all. Let’s say we both were in a car accident in Boston. We both ended up at the Emergency Room at the same time. The ER Doctor is not going to ask.“Do you believe whales came from hoofed animals?” Because you say yes, you’re not going to get better care.
Now if I was getting a graduate degree in science. I would tell the professor what ever he wants to here so I could graduate. That’s what a lot of scientist do. They play along because if they said what they really believed when it comes to evolution. They would be collecting trash for the City Solid Waste Department.
Evolution is the only science that has an enforcement arm. Why does it need this extensive enforcement arm? To keep the troops in line when it comes to pseudo science. My good Doctor, I can’t believe all that horse sh*t.
Now as far as how God made Adam? I don’t know how he did it. I just know that the very first recorded CPR was done by God himself on Adam. Thousands of years or even millions of years before modern medicine adopted the practice for saving lives. Now that’s something in the Bible that is relevant to all humans.
idiots that deny evolution should think before typing.

Location hidden

#183156 Nov 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The question has never changed, and its "Where the f*ck is your proof of god you lying creationist cult member with no evidence?".
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183157 Nov 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
A human being coming from your mother is over the top even for you
Actually no one cares whether it’s over the top for you, it is evidential fact so who actually gives a damn if some fundy does not believe in education?
As usual the fundy deliberately forgets the most important factor – time.
Putting aside microbiological evolution. Because I believe it’s pretty obvious as it is very observable.

The belief of evolution of many animals and humans is like unto a wicker basket gondola. It takes a hell of a lot of hot air to keep it going. Which I might say rather pointedly you are supplying.[smiling]

Keep up the good work.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183158 Nov 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
idiots that deny evolution should think before typing.
Thank you my good mannered friend. I acknowledge microbiological evolution as it is very observable.

But whales evolving from hoofed animals? That’s a hell of a stretch of someone’s imagination. Maybe it happened but then again maybe Cinderella’s mice turned into horseman.

You guys are going to have to drag me out of the classroom and beat my *ss. After you finished I’m still not going to believe that horse sh*t. It’s just too far fetched for my imagination.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#183159 Nov 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[patting your head] Run along kid and take your skate board.
Awww, don't be that way kitten!

I know you're having a hard day, what with all the twisting and turning you're doing to back away from the "Noah" corner you've painted yourself into...
william

Minneapolis, MN

#183160 Nov 8, 2013
discocrisco wrote:
Maybe, the Christians got it right on the God thing. What they didn't know that is there is intelligent life right and God manifested himself in another way than us.
And there is millions of our civilizations among this universe and millions of ways God revealed himslf to them
But see it was none of business to know how he did it. It is beyond our feeble little minds. Us humans think we are terminally unique. Guess what. We are not. We are little specks in the infinite, large cosmos.
Im presuming someone with faith or someone who is suffering a delusion told you that. Because what people dont understand is science is observable and only makes claims or more asserts facts then the bible based on that. Which is only on eye witness accounts that cant be proven. My point is science answers "HOW" Not why. So before you tell me how good the judeo Christian god is ask yourself, why dont you believe in Allah? the answer is most likely you werent raised in Saudi Arabia in the city of mecca or anywhere where that isnt the predominate religion. Do you have "Faith" because when you were little when someone described what hell was to you, you decided to forever have faith.

Im an Atheist not an Agnostic heres why. People say like you quoted science takes more Faith to believe in, then Faith in god. How idiotic does a person have to be to say such a thing. Why dont you believe in the classical Greek gods? Why dont you believe in Zeus, Hades, Hermes, and Apollo? Why because you werent born in Classical Greek. Why dont you believe in the sun god Ra because you didnt grow up in ancient Egypt. Ive been an agnostic since my parents first started taking me to church when i was 7. It never made sense to me, even when i was attempted to be scared of hell I still didnt take it seriously, because all they had to show for it was a book. ALL RELIGIONS teach is to take your only life for GRANTED, because if you dedicate your life and have faith to which ever God you believe in you'll Go to heaven and have a second life. Why live your life like that? A person is still can have morales with out religion. A person can live there life thankful not to anyone but thankful that they got the chance to live it. Why do you believe that there is Gravity? because there is evidence for it. Why dont you believe the earth is flat? Because there is evidence for it. Why dont you believe that its not the sun that revolves around us, but its us that revolves around the sun? because there is evidence for it. So why does it so happen when religion is asked on why you believe in it the answer is Faith? Is it because your scared of being damned for eternity. Is it because you wish to see your loved ones once your dead?

Lets not be childish, God is childish. And tell me how he isnt when he basically say you either believe in me and give you an afterlife i cant promise. or you dont believe in me and go to hell for eternity.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183161 Nov 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I rarely vote.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#183163 Nov 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I had had my fill of the church mentality by the time I was 14, I don’t think I could cope with the forced hypocrisy.
I just do not enjoy sitting for an hour, singing songs I do not like, saying sayings I do not believe, and listing to a verbal essay that was likely written with less than an hour's thought behind it.

... pass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min -Stray Dog 6,531
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min PELE78 865,544
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Regina 600,080
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,027
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 40,896
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 1 hr RiccardoFire 34
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 272,424
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 2 hr andy 45
More from around the web