Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#182305 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We all know the flood tale is a copy and exaggeration of part of the epic of Gilgamesh. It's no surprise since the Babylonians did in fact conquer the Jews and the epic a Sumerian tale, that it would rub off onto them is a given. The fact it was given it's own Jewish spin ...no surprise.
\
What is a freaking mystery is.... how these colossal doofus people can believe it as it is written?
yeah, that's what's really amazing.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182307 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever tried climbing a mountian? With kids, grand kids, family, friends, carrying food and water for one year?

Have you ever tried reasoning things out logically?
You could get plenty of people to climb mountains , before you could build an oil tanker sized ship out of wood.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#182308 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The same is true with Atheist. They use science or try to use science in their argument. But when science is applied to their counterargument all of a sudden the playing field is leveled. Something most Atheist are appalled at.
Saying for example it is impossible for a mountain to be covered in precipitation is asinine. It happens every day and it’s ridiculous not to accept that scientific fact. It’s not even a complicated scientific fact nor is it pseudo science.
We are not talking theory here but actual verifiable metrological facts.
Why do you think a snow capped mountain has anything to do with a flood engulfing an entire mountain?

Location hidden

#182309 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would challenge you to prove you claims.
The Greek Tessarakonteres is recorded in history as having a length 420 feet. This was done in ancient times. Made of wood.
So whoever you are referring too as saying it couldn’t be done is historically inept. It has already been done.
For centuries men have been floating wooden barges and wood rafts to saw mills. We know wood floats. We also know in history men have built wooden boats and ships.
When you are making claims please validate them with references and not just hearsay.
You think a 420 ft boat could hold 7 of each animal on the earth?

Location hidden

#182310 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever tried climbing a mountian? With kids, grand kids, family, friends, carrying food and water for one year?
You're right. Climbing a mountain is way more difficult than performing a miraculous feat of engineering and logistics.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182311 Nov 1, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, that's what's really amazing.
The stories of a massive flood event with God forewarning a chosen man is in nearly every ancient culture. This makes me believe a massive flood did happen in ancient times.

We understand that Atheist make the claim Noah’s story was borrowed from someone else story. Upon researching this claim I could not find conclusive evidence. Only the suggestion.

The Gilgamesh flood myth has some significant differences than that of Noah’s.

Their vessel was a six story building built in seven days. Their vessel was cubed and symmetrical meaning a floating box equal on all sides. With a slate top. The rain only lasted 7 days and all the water was gone in two weeks. This oversized building was pushed into the water by hand. The size was 200’ x 200’ x 200’.

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#182312 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The stories of a massive flood event with God forewarning a chosen man is in nearly every ancient culture. This makes me believe a massive flood did happen in ancient times.
We understand that Atheist make the claim Noah’s story was borrowed from someone else story. Upon researching this claim I could not find conclusive evidence. Only the suggestion.
The Gilgamesh flood myth has some significant differences than that of Noah’s.
Their vessel was a six story building built in seven days. Their vessel was cubed and symmetrical meaning a floating box equal on all sides. With a slate top. The rain only lasted 7 days and all the water was gone in two weeks. This oversized building was pushed into the water by hand. The size was 200’ x 200’ x 200’.
Where'd the water come from and then where did it all go to? The Earth is a closed system, all the water that evaporates eventually comes back down as rain. If you have a logical answer to this question I swear I'll go to church on Sunday and sing praises to the Lord.(Even though I can never actually be saved because on numerous occasions I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, and usually in a very vile and demeaning manner.)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#182313 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an Atheist would make claims snow is not water and wood doesn't float.
You obviously haven't tried that bath I recommended....wood? I never said anything about wood. Although I will readily admit I have seen twigs and branches floating on water, I haven't tried to hop on and take a ride yet;0)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182314 Nov 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think a snow capped mountain has anything to do with a flood engulfing an entire mountain?
The common denominator is “precipitation.”

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#182315 Nov 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle, you have the mind of a child. You are not able to process information given to you, especially when it involves science in any way, much like a child. However, unlike a child, you ignore or reject factual information, that is a sure sign of some serious mental disorder. You are unable to make logical correlations, as in your feeble attempt to make a correlation between Japanese tsunami debris float in the Pacific and a year long voyage of a 400 foot wooden boat loaded with tons of animals and supplies, just shear stupidity.
I am done trying to have any meaningful conversation with you. I can carry on a conversation with a child for about 20 seconds, with you, about half that. You'll see no more replies from me, Good luck with your severe delusions!!!
An acquaintance of mine recently went to the "Creation Museum" in Kentucky. It's over 70,000 square feet large and completely dedication to prove the unerring accuracy of the bible.....

Here's the section on the story of Noah's Ark, with reproductions, virtual tours and explanations why creationism is true and evolution is 'impossible'....enjoy:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182316 Nov 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You think a 420 ft boat could hold 7 of each animal on the earth?
We are talking about a barge really.

And I think it could hold tons of animals of ever sort.

Enough for a city zoo.

Those in the area of the significant flooding, no problem.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#182317 Nov 1, 2013
John K wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you will use scientist work to back up your belief , but not to refute your belief.
If science says that some statement in the bible is true you will buy the scientist a steak dinner and a round of drinks, but if the same scientist tells you that the Noah's ark story is undeniably proven false to high levels of accuracy you will cuss him up one side and down the other.
Stop using science until you start using all of it.
Cafeteria Christians make for cafeteria scientists....logical, yes?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182318 Nov 1, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
An acquaintance of mine recently went to the "Creation Museum" in Kentucky. It's over 70,000 square feet large and completely dedication to prove the unerring accuracy of the bible.....
Here's the section on the story of Noah's Ark, with reproductions, virtual tours and explanations why creationism is true and evolution is 'impossible'....enjoy:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/...
ha haha HAH

The history of God’s creation (told in Genesis 1 and 2) tells us that all the land-dwelling creatures were made on Day 6 of Creation Week—the same day God made Adam and Eve. Therefore, it is clear that dinosaurs (being land animals) were made with man.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182319 Nov 1, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Where'd the water come from and then where did it all go to? The Earth is a closed system, all the water that evaporates eventually comes back down as rain. If you have a logical answer to this question I swear I'll go to church on Sunday and sing praises to the Lord.(Even though I can never actually be saved because on numerous occasions I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, and usually in a very vile and demeaning manner.)
I would agree that the Earth is a closed system.

Water can come from the normal cycle of evaporation and precipitation. Rain storms can move from other parts of the globe bringing with it torrential downpours.

Such as we see in the United States from tropical disturbances. Which by the way does cause massive flooding in our country.

We have seen flooding from excessive snow melts that has overwhelmed the Mississippi river. Flooding thousands of miles of river basins and homes.

In addition earthquakes have resulted in Tsunami’s which have caused massive flooding.

Another cause unintentional and intentional damming of water flow. Preventing the draining of excessive rain water.

Living in a floodplain or low lying area increases the chance of being flooded. So there’s a number of sources of flooding.

I’m sorry to hear you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I would love to hear more about your story as I find people and their journey interesting.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182320 Nov 1, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously haven't tried that bath I recommended....wood? I never said anything about wood. Although I will readily admit I have seen twigs and branches floating on water, I haven't tried to hop on and take a ride yet;0)
What bath was that?

Boiling oil or something like that?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#182321 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect your right to disagree. All I ask is the respect be mutual. Most of the time it isn’t. Floods happen all the time and it is not outrageous to believe a flood happened in Noah’s time. It’s also not out of the realm of possibility that people built a vessel. Because mankind has been making vessels very early inhistory.
If the story had encompassed Noah building an airplane and flying away to some distant land then you would have cause to sneer. But building a floatation vessel was not out of the realm of possibility.
Again you try to divert attention from reality. What's so special about building a boat? Nothing....period.

You not only claim a man made a boat, but he collected a sample of every species that crawls on or flies above the earth and the boat just happens to be big enough to hold them all...wow! It's also big enough to hold 8 people plus food enough to last ensuring the survival of all....again....wow!

Now you are carping on the ability of ancient peoples to build a boat, but like Topsy, it just keeps growing and growing more bizarre, more ridiculous and more mind boggling.

But hey! It's O.K. because goddidit, goddidit, goddidit and you expect everyone to nod their heads in agreement.

Sad, really sad.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#182322 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What bath was that?
Boiling oil or something like that?
Troll tactics. Dismissed.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182323 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever tried reasoning things out logically?
You could get plenty of people to climb mountains , before you could build an oil tanker sized ship out of wood.
I’ve climbed a mountain.

About 10 minutes into the climb.

The thought comes into my mind,“why are you doing this? This is stupid.”

Then I see myself all relaxed at the camp drinking a cold root beer.

Then I start climbing down.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#182324 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
ha haha HAH
The history of God’s creation (told in Genesis 1 and 2) tells us that all the land-dwelling creatures were made on Day 6 of Creation Week—the same day God made Adam and Eve. Therefore, it is clear that dinosaurs (being land animals) were made with man.
Have you ever ridden a dinosaur?

Now that's a real experience, I tell you.

I won't be doing that again.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#182325 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
ha haha HAH
The creation museum explains how the dinosaurs stayed in their own area (why?) and people had no problems from them....it doesn't mention fences or who might have built them but.....goddidit so there's nothing to worry about;0)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Future danger to the Earth. 4 min Read 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Ol Fuddy Duddy 548,885
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min uIDIOTrACEmaKEwOR... 751,192
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min NEWS-FLASH 174,427
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min yon 3,704
Father of beheaded man blames Bush, not Zarqawi (Jun '06) 17 min Swedenforever 39
AIDS , EBOLA as a DePopulation BioWeapon 23 min Dr_Zorderz 64
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min karl44 602,252
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 261,709
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 5,510

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE