Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#181112 Oct 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The six days are actually the six stages in creation. And each day could have been billions of years. Gods work day is not equal to mans day. The thought that creation was performed in six human days is the old 1950's thinking. You are about 63 years behind in what modern day Christians believe.
Ah right so in 60 odd years of science contradicting the actual writings in the babble have forced a change in view of a basic precept of abrahamic religious belief.

I wonder how christinsanity will change, will diverge from the teaching of the babble in the next 60 years.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#181113 Oct 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
Most of my house and means of communicating on here is proof, Skeppy.
Something has to be pretty broke down for me not to bring it back for a while yet. What they call beyond repair. I hate throwing something that might still work away. Almost a religious thing.
Did you know you can sometimes kick a dead nicad battery back to life by zapping it with some heavy juice? Get that old electricity back to flowing to some level.
We can give you a try.
I kicked a nicad battery once. It was right after I got my new leg. I swear it went 80 yards but I didn't bother to find it. I just bought another one for a buck 50.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#181114 Oct 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
The six days are actually the six stages in creation. And each day could have been billions of years.
That's a slippery slope. If we allow people to decide which passages are to be taken literally and which cannot be taken at face value with no clear or consistent rule for doing so, then the entire bible can be called allegory, including resurrection and the god itself. Jehovah can be interpreted as nothing more than the unconscious and purposeless laws of nature, and you have no better argument against that than I do against your pronouncement above.
Eagle 12 wrote:
The thought that creation was performed in six human days is the old 1950's thinking. You are about 63 years behind in what modern day Christians believe.
And to what do we owe this new understanding of reality? Revelation from on high? No. It is the very same scientists that you reject when discussing evolution.

All progress in moral theory and in our understanding of the universe comes from man and his rational processes, even that which has been retrofitted onto the bible. We don't burn witches or keep slaves any longer, either, but not because of any new insights derived from the religious method of knowing, which is revelation via scripture, prayer, miracle, or authoritative dicta from those claiming a god speaks through them. We just simply decided that such things are unjust and unkind without divine assistance.

It was the scientific method that led to genesis being reinterpreted, and rational ethics that led to calling much of biblical ethics no longer operational.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#181115 Oct 24, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah right so in 60 odd years of science contradicting the actual writings in the babble have forced a change in view of a basic precept of abrahamic religious belief.
I wonder how christinsanity will change, will diverge from the teaching of the babble in the next 60 years.
The Vatican is way ahead of Protestants on that front.

That should scare the Hell out of the Fundies!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#181116 Oct 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
.... the entire bible can be called allegory....
That would make them Jews, like the first followers of Jesus.

<smile>

#181117 Oct 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican is way ahead of Protestants on that front.
That should scare the Hell out of the Fundies!
True, very true, they may hide paedophilia behind the priesthood and accept genocide as an every day event but they do at least welcome some scientific advancement, or at least give the impression of welcoming it

#181118 Oct 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That would make them Jews, like the first followers of Jesus.
<smile>
Also true. Well almost, certainly the Jewish sect of the fourth philosophy were the first followers of the guy who was later to become known as jesus.
LCNLin

United States

#181120 Oct 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
guess what I'm going to ask you to prove.
Oh Look.
Another post on her atheist philosophy with no proof.
LCNLin

United States

#181121 Oct 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You really need to

stop reading shit

from creationists web sites and deal with REAL science. Just a suggestion.
Examples of evolution that are readily apparent include the fact that modern populations are evolving and the fact that two closely related species share a common ancestor. The evidence that Homo sapiens and chimpanzees share a recent common ancestor falls into this category. There is so much evidence in support of this aspect of primate evolution that it qualifies as a fact by any common definition of the word "fact."
When logic fails turn to Scatology is a type of fetish atheism?
So much for reason and logic.
He seems good on the attack
but yet to prove anything at all. LOL
LCNLin

United States

#181122 Oct 24, 2013
When logic fails turn to Scatology
a type of fetish atheism?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#181123 Oct 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
When logic fails turn to Scatology
a type of fetish atheism?
That IS the Christian way of doing it.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#181124 Oct 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a slippery slope. If we allow people to decide which passages are to be taken literally and which cannot be taken at face value with no clear or consistent rule for doing so, then the entire bible can be called allegory, including resurrection and the god itself. Jehovah can be interpreted as nothing more than the unconscious and purposeless laws of nature, and you have no better argument against that than I do against your pronouncement above.
<quoted text>
And to what do we owe this new understanding of reality? Revelation from on high? No. It is the very same scientists that you reject when discussing evolution.
All progress in moral theory and in our understanding of the universe comes from man and his rational processes, even that which has been retrofitted onto the bible. We don't burn witches or keep slaves any longer, either, but not because of any new insights derived from the religious method of knowing, which is revelation via scripture, prayer, miracle, or authoritative dicta from those claiming a god speaks through them. We just simply decided that such things are unjust and unkind without divine assistance.
It was the scientific method that led to genesis being reinterpreted, and rational ethics that led to calling much of biblical ethics no longer operational.
The single most impressive place I have ever visited was the Grand Canyon in Arizona. It was this visit that made me realize our interpretation of Genesis was just too narrow. This narrow and traditional interpretation Atheist have exploited for years.

We have seen in our lifetime earth science and geology make great leaps in knowledge. I think most Christians understand that our narrow interpretation of time in Genesis in the 50’s was just too narrow.

The Bible even says a day to the Lord is like a thousand years. This is a metaphoric statement meaning that God’s time is not the same as mans. I have accepted the Earth as being very old.

However Atheist try to limit Christianity to the 1950’s interpretation. Many of those Christians had limited education because of the times. Farms and life in general was heavily labor intensive. Meaning kids grew up faster and in many cases had to forgo education to keep food on the table for the family.

Cynicism has been and will always be a mainstay diet for Atheist. Many Christians even believe in evolution. I believe that evolution as it is applied to microbiology. But it’s going to take more than artist conceptions and a sparse few broken bones to convince me that man evolved from apes.

We have seen some fraudulent and grossly exaggerated data coming from evolutionist in my lifetime. Haeckel's drawings for example was in my biology books as a kid. It was all a Fraud. Then I remember seeing in 1999 Nat Geo, this new fossil called “Archaeoraptor liaoningensis,” the missing link between birds and dinosaurs.

It turns out it was all fabricated but sold to millions as legit. Nat Geo did a great job on it’s color photo’s. Hell it looked real impressive. Atheist everywhere were like proud fathers pushing out their chest in pride. And quite frankly speaking the evolution of man is just chocked full of fraudulent, misinterpreted, bogus, fake, artist conceptions, and wild imagination.

The science of the evolution of man is nothing more than speculation exemplified. It is the only science that has a enforcement arm. Why is that? Because it is based on pseudo science and faith is needed to keep it alive. When talking about slippery slopes, that would be mans evolution.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#181126 Oct 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy shit sherlock, we are not talking about a friggin aquarium, we're talking about an ocean that covers most of our planet, and the ammonia is MIXRD with other elements.
Where did these elements come from? You mean the exact same elements that make up the majority of YOU. They are what stars are made of, they come from the universe. You and stars are made up of the same "stuff." Now where did all this "stuff" come from? Quite possible it has always existed, as in the Hartle-Hawking State, that is a NO boundary proposal that the universe is infinitely finite. There was NO time before the big Bang because time did not exist before the formation of
spacetime associated with the BB, The universe has no beginning, it has no initial boundaries on time nor space.
Now pay real close attention, if that is at all possible........Beginnings are entities that have to do with TIME: because TIME did not exists before the BB, the concept of a BEGINNING of the universe is totally meaningless........Or a magical sky pixie snapped his fingers and everything popped into view. Unfortunately I know which one you pick, sad ass, really sad.
We shall talk later my good Music Doctor.

This is World Series week and guess who playing in your back yard? I hope that you take some time and enjoy America’s game.

I live about a hour and half from St.Louis. I don’t call myself a Cards fan but hey my Grandson is, lol.

So we shall see if Lobster Nation can beat Cardinal Nation.

Best wishes [Tipping Hat]
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181127 Oct 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
When logic fails turn to Scatology is a type of fetish atheism?
Did you know the God you worship murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. Just wondering!!!
LCNLin

United States

#181128 Oct 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know the God you worship murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. Just wondering!!!
Oh look...
Opinions with NO proof !
once again :-)
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#181129 Oct 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know the God you worship murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. Just wondering!!!
It's called "abortionist."
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181130 Oct 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The single most impressive place I have ever visited was the Grand Canyon in Arizona. It was this visit that made me realize our interpretation of Genesis was just too narrow. This narrow and traditional interpretation Atheist have exploited for years.
We have seen in our lifetime earth science and geology make great leaps in knowledge. I think most Christians understand that our narrow interpretation of time in Genesis in the 50’s was just too narrow.
The Bible even says a day to the Lord is like a thousand years. This is a metaphoric statement meaning that God’s time is not the same as mans. I have accepted the Earth as being very old.
However Atheist try to limit Christianity to the 1950’s interpretation. Many of those Christians had limited education because of the times. Farms and life in general was heavily labor intensive. Meaning kids grew up faster and in many cases had to forgo education to keep food on the table for the family.
Cynicism has been and will always be a mainstay diet for Atheist. Many Christians even believe in evolution. I believe that evolution as it is applied to microbiology. But it’s going to take more than artist conceptions and a sparse few broken bones to convince me that man evolved from apes.
We have seen some fraudulent and grossly exaggerated data coming from evolutionist in my lifetime. Haeckel's drawings for example was in my biology books as a kid. It was all a Fraud. Then I remember seeing in 1999 Nat Geo, this new fossil called “Archaeoraptor liaoningensis,” the missing link between birds and dinosaurs.
It turns out it was all fabricated but sold to millions as legit. Nat Geo did a great job on it’s color photo’s. Hell it looked real impressive. Atheist everywhere were like proud fathers pushing out their chest in pride. And quite frankly speaking the evolution of man is just chocked full of fraudulent, misinterpreted, bogus, fake, artist conceptions, and wild imagination.
The science of the evolution of man is nothing more than speculation exemplified. It is the only science that has a enforcement arm. Why is that? Because it is based on pseudo science and faith is needed to keep it alive. When talking about slippery slopes, that would be mans evolution.
You probably should get out more, maybe try a visit to the local science museum, or are they lying as well. I'm sure if you do some research you'll find that the very reliable National Geographic organization is part of the world-wide conspiracy to discredit the religious idea that man sprang from a pile of dirt. They are part of the same world-wide conspiracy involving 99.9% of ALL scientists world-wide.

So,lets take a tally here and see exactly who is taking part in this world-wide conspiracy.

1.) 99.9% of ALL scientists world-wide.

2) The National Geographic organization and all affiliated organizations

3.) Every science museum world-wide

4.) Every biology book containing evolutionary facts dealing with the evolution of man.

5.) Every library world-wide that contain books dealing with the evolution of man.

6.) Every college world-wide that has classes dealing with evolution and the evolution of man.

Lets see, did I forget anything? Nope. It would appear there is a considerable movement under foot to discredit the man from dirt idea.

Have you ever thought of starting your own movement to combat this world-wide conspiracy? Let me know how i can help.. LOL
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#181131 Oct 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
I could be wrong but I think most Atheist are pro abortion.

It should be called pro murdering of infants.

The pro choice should be when it comes to prevention.

To abstain or use a condom? Naw that's too easy.

Just abort them when they are alive and healthy. Pro murder.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#181132 Oct 24, 2013
I don't disagree but in which bible verse is your god called that?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called "abortionist."
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181133 Oct 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look...
Opinions with NO proof !
once again :-)
Proof? Sure..ready...Ok, flip open your holy book and turn to the page where God murders all of the Egyptian first born male..........cool eh, Ok now turn the the part that describes how your God tok a hissy fit and flooded the entire globe. How many pregnant women do you suppose there were at that time? Some fun eh!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Doctor Trump 26,953
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Just Think 685,857
Most likely scenario in Mayweather - McGregor f... 16 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min arrr 985,731
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 50 min Siva 8,524
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Here For Now 619,751
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 6 hr Downlowinfo42069 4
More from around the web