Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258471 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“going back”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#180427 Oct 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I have two simple questions that you, nor anyone else, can answer. And the reason is obvious!
A) Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.
B) Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.
Until this time, and it will be an eternity - you are only one of many religious cult members - each claiming more or less the same immortality or enlightenment as others.
The proof based evidence I have to truth in my God, I received the Holly Spirit reading the Holly bible. IAM you or know one can denie me. NEXT>

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#180428 Oct 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s what I though too.
Hi River, long time no speak, how are you?
Hi Christine.

I'm stellar. I hope you are as well.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#180429 Oct 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not post the nasa article that STATED and I quote
“According to the theories of physics, if we were to look at the Universe one second after the Big Bang, what we would see is a 10-billion degree sea of neutrons, protons, electrons, anti-electrons (positrons), photons, and neutrinos. Then, as time went on,…”
YOU DID
Note, one second after the event is not singularity.
The limit of knowledge at 10^-34th of a second after the event is the limit of what we know. Why? because the very laws that define this universe did not exist until after that time and the very reason why science does not know, it can only theorise. It most certainly has bugger all to do with singularity
You do not seem to have the intellect to comprehend the meaning of singularity.
Then you go into begatting ramble mode which was ignored as the davesworld BS it was
Stretch or not it is assumption and nothing more.
And you don’t have to subscribe to davesworld idiocy by that never stops you
The difference between scientific and religious is that scientific is falsifiable and based on observation and measurement, whereas religious is guesswork based on the smacked out dreams of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves
"What theory tells us is that from an initial state in which matter and radiation are both in an extremely hot and dense form, the universe expands and the matter cools."

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/archive/h...

You are quite the woman. Men experienced in trying to reason with them will understand what I mean.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#180430 Oct 18, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Christine.
I'm stellar. I hope you are as well.
Good to hear, and thanks, I’m pretty good too

Two reunions in a couple of minutes, DF has just returned to the prove there’s a god thread after some time away

#180431 Oct 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"What theory tells us is that from an initial state in which matter and radiation are both in an extremely hot and dense form, the universe expands and the matter cools."
http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/archive/h...
You are quite the woman. Men experienced in trying to reason with them will understand what I mean.
Hawkins would be the first to admit that his theories are theories, they are not and should never be used as evidence

Let me continue his statement

“At that time, it is believed that all four of the fundamental forces of nature—gravity, electromagnetism, and the strong and weak nuclear forces—were unified.”

Notice the “it is believed” so stop cherry picking because we are not all as deliberately ignorant as you

You would not know reason if it sat on your face and farted. You have given two examples – one actually claimed AFTER and the other stated IT IS BELIEVED and you are stamping your foot and shouting your BELIEF that goddidit by magic must be right.

Reason and logic are not renowned in davesworld are they?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#180432 Oct 18, 2013
movinon09 wrote:
<quoted text>The proof based evidence I have to truth in my God, I received the Holly Spirit reading the Holly bible. IAM you or know one can denie me. NEXT>
The Holly Bible? The Holly Spirit?

Man, they start this Christmas stuff earlier every year...

#180435 Oct 18, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
Atheists are the most disgusting group of people walking the surface of the planet. They serve no good and are worthless.
And you wonder why their response upsets you so much

You sick minded moron

#180436 Oct 18, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
Atheists are the most disgusting group of people walking the surface of the planet. They serve no good and are worthless.
Unlike the good Christians Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, the IRA, the NLFT, the KKK and anti abortionists in the US

Lets not forget those good chrisians who deal the misery of human trafficking in European, the majority of all those caught and tried are christian.

And Hitler and Stalin

Remember uf all atheists and agnostics left the USA, it would lose 93% of the National Academy of Sciences but less than 1% of the prison population.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#180437 Oct 18, 2013
Hello nail biter - if your god is so marvellous, why did you turn out a totsl cu*t?
chipped nails wrote:

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#180438 Oct 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hawkins would be the first to admit that his theories are theories, they are not and should never be used as evidence
Let me continue his statement
“At that time, it is believed that all four of the fundamental forces of nature—gravity, electromagnetism, and the strong and weak nuclear forces—were unified.”
Notice the “it is believed” so stop cherry picking because we are not all as deliberately ignorant as you
You would not know reason if it sat on your face and farted. You have given two examples – one actually claimed AFTER and the other stated IT IS BELIEVED and you are stamping your foot and shouting your BELIEF that goddidit by magic must be right.
Reason and logic are not renowned in davesworld are they?
:-)

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT CLAIMS "SCIENCE", SUCH AS THE "THEORY" OF RELATIVITY. YOUR HOLY SCRIPTURE OF E=MC^2 "PROVES" THERE IS NO GOD.

I wish they had a bold font feature here.

BTW, I think quantum mechanics was developed because that "theory" doesn't seem to hold up everywhere.

You are such an emotional creature. Grasping for "truths" where you can find them.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#180439 Oct 18, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not playing any part in scientific research or study that you lean on as a prop for your hate-cult called atheism. You, an atheist, do nothing but spawn and breed hatred.
Millions of Christians are scientists and are actively involved in actual work and study to advance science. You , as an atheist, are a do-nothing, lazy-ass, ranting asshole.
Your next step should be to get your head out of your ass and get a decent job and stay off of the computer displaying what a sack of shit you are.
Chipped nails wrote>

"Oh, and science does prove there is a God as nothing can explain scientific laws outside of the fact God created science, the elements, the order of matter, and put the laws of science in place, you hopeless moron. Only God could have done this from the beginning, you cheap thinking atheist.

*I'll await your angry response , full of bigotry and name calling since you are a (hateful atheist™)

My actual response was."Sorry to disappoint you but you'll hear no insults from me."

Then you post this. Lets examine what a hypocrite you really are:

1.) a do-nothing ranting asshole.

2.) Get your head out of your ass.

3.) Get a decent job.

4.) What a sack of shit you are.

Nice job skippy. Now that YOUR hate filled rant is over, would you care to explain to us all just why you worship a God who takes great pleasure in killing little babies and destroying unborn fetuses? Thanks again for the civil discourse.

#180440 Oct 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE THE ONE THAT CLAIMS "SCIENCE", SUCH AS THE "THEORY" OF RELATIVITY. YOUR HOLY SCRIPTURE OF E=MC^2 "PROVES" THERE IS NO GOD.
BTW, I think quantum mechanics was developed because that "theory" doesn't seem to hold up everywhere.
You are such an emotional creature. Grasping for "truths" where you can find them.
Yes, well it does prove that there is no god as described in KJV revelation 19:6. Just because you are incapable of comprehending the enormity of the equation is not my problem.

What you think is irrelevant. I know particle physicists who observe quantum effects on a regular basis and think you don’t hold up anywhere

Projection in a distorted mirror, you are emotionally grasping at myth

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#180441 Oct 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
We were all waiting for you to meltdown soon. That's what happens with all creationist liars eventually, who can't face up to facts.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#180442 Oct 18, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not playing any part in scientific research or study that you lean on as a prop for your hate-cult called atheism. You, an atheist, do nothing but spawn and breed hatred.
Millions of Christians are scientists and are actively involved in actual work and study to advance science. You , as an atheist, are a do-nothing, lazy-ass, ranting asshole.
Your next step should be to get your head out of your ass and get a decent job and stay off of the computer displaying what a sack of shit you are.
When you can prove your god, your creationist propaganda will matter more to normal people.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#180443 Oct 18, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
We feel the warmth of your fine, Christian love...

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#180444 Oct 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't. Atheism is not a moral theory. It's the absense of a god belief.
I do think that there should be three different vocabulary words, one for someone that does not belief in God, and one for someone that is anti-religion, and one for those that appose beliefs period.

IMO, the lack of moral structure is the secondary reason I would not want to see any in office. The main reason being, we do not need people that are against religion, in America.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180445 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you respect a god that you don't believe exists? How do you respect something that you don't believe exists?
You seem to respect belief in something - in anything - more than belief in something real.
=======
What is your objection to posting such as this that you called it "cross[ing] the line of challenging religions to just being against them"? Weren't those reasonable questions? Wasn't that a reasonable observation?
The Christian God does exist, the prove you ask for is, you talk about it so much. For there to be no will-o-the-wisp it would have to be unnoticed.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180446 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
But we're not discussing your god. We're discussing the character of the Christian god as depicted in the bible and by the church. That god is jealous according to the Christians' own scriptures:
"You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me" - Exodus 20:5
Do you respect that character and those ethics? I don't. Are you aware that billions of people use the book that that comes from as a moral guide? The god may not be real, but the message attributed to it most definitely is. Is that not worth discussing?
I am glad you just posted this. The topic is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion?" Why is the God I believe in or worship, or The Christian God coming up. The answer is. You can't stay on topic, and if you could you could, it would just be your denying the answer is clearly. Yes. You cannot prove that there was no creator of The universe, nor could you prove mankind was not created. One could not prove the creator of the Universe created mankind. The harsh reality is we don't know enough to call anything, anything else besides a leap of faith. Now please stop showing your bad comprehension skills. You can not prove how The Universe started. No one has.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180447 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Why is it rude to challenge faith? Is it rude to challenge skepticism, it's opposite?
Likewise, you commented earlier that I "cross the line of challenging religions to just being against them." You seem to be for religions. Have you crossed the line of defending religions to just being for them? Why is my being opposed to Christianity any less valid a position than you being for it? It seems to be nothing more than an arbitrary and unjustified declaration of self-goodness and other-badness.
We find a lot of this double standard. A Christian says Merry Christmas and considers it an act of good cheer. A non-Christian says Happy Holidays and is accused of waging a war on Christmas. That opinion assumes self-goodness and other-badness.
I was responding to someone that was taking sides. It is unfortunate, but you can't discuss religion without being condescending. Make no mistake about it, I view you as sub human for having your beliefs. A Christian is just slightly misguided. I am glad this is a Christian based society. I would never want to life in an Atheist based society, and yes I would take ANY GROUP over you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180448 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Why is it rude to challenge faith? Is it rude to challenge skepticism, it's opposite?
Likewise, you commented earlier that I "cross the line of challenging religions to just being against them." You seem to be for religions. Have you crossed the line of defending religions to just being for them? Why is my being opposed to Christianity any less valid a position than you being for it? It seems to be nothing more than an arbitrary and unjustified declaration of self-goodness and other-badness.
We find a lot of this double standard. A Christian says Merry Christmas and considers it an act of good cheer. A non-Christian says Happy Holidays and is accused of waging a war on Christmas. That opinion assumes self-goodness and other-badness.
But still yes, it is overall rude to question a person's faith after they have admitted it as faith. I accept you as having your faith and knowing yourself. As much as I think your fate sucks. I would not try to talk you into changing your road. But I would point out it is asinine to request others to go down that road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 119,101
I want my BF to have sex with another girl (Jan '13) 2 hr Freaky2 41
Adult dating minors (Mar '09) 4 hr 17_y-o_older_sister 27
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 4 hr hideous 583
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 679,024
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,561
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 6 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web