Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#180178 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
it’s ironic that Madeline Murray O'Hare was killed by a fellow Atheist. Not a Christian but a fellow who knew her personally.
Why is that ironic? Most Christians murdered in America are killed by other Christians.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#180179 Oct 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
I don't know how you feel doc, but it worries me more than that the US government might start back up again! ;)
it hasn't worked properly for at least 45 years - it's time for to shutdown!
I'm indifferent about the government shutdown. It's one of the benefits of parting ways.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#180180 Oct 16, 2013
If one would like to know what the USA would be like under a Christin theocracy, watch what is going on in Muslim theocracies.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#180181 Oct 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
If one would like to know what the USA would be like under a Christin theocracy, watch what is going on in Muslim theocracies.
All we have to do is imagine what led to the revolution and formation of the U.S.A..

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#180182 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you play nice with the other kids on the playground you might not get your feelings hurt. But on the other hand if you are going to be mean and nasty then you’re going to get your little bitty feelings hurt.
The world according to Eagle12:

All scientific claims must be backed up by volumes of irrefutable scientific research!

but...

All religious claims...well...trust us, we know! And if you just believe hard enough, you'll know too!

LOL...you lose.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#180183 Oct 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't listen to or understand facts or mathematics when you get like this.
Your science withs its facts and math says it was a singularity that got hot and then expanded. Then it became a "one". A closed system.
That is a "one" turning into fractions of the "one" that then become individual "ones" within the closed system. Largely due to observation turning those fractions into ones.
You can liken that to the birth of a new organism. You also have the same energy surge, and thus heat generated, for those original cells to break their boundaries and start the process of organizing matter for their construction.
You are too emotional and bitchy to make a connection like that. You will even deny parts of science, like that singularity being hot and descibed as so in every description of the Big Bang by science, just to argue. A sex substitute for some women.
But let's return to math at its very root.
You can't change the value of a "one". That is your singularity. Kinda how it got the name. You can't fracture a true "one".
The singularity would have had to have a granularity in it to even expand, which means it wasn't a singularity, but a seed. One seed that grew.
I do not listen to half assed version of davesworld dreams

Wrong, there is no science that says it’ was a singularity, there is a theory but science does not know and admits as much, it’s godbots who cling to that idea. In the past before the mathematics were developed to allow one to investigate possibilities then it was assumed, given the known facts that it was a singularity. Those days are long gone, which is why I linked you to the perimeter institute in the hope that you could perhaps expand your education before making a total fool of yourself.

Perhaps in your simplistic mind you can liken it to the birth of an organism, me I liken it to the birth of a universe, which funnily enough is exactly what it was.

You call me emotional and bitchy, yet you are the one who relies of sexism, innuendo and myth and magic. There is no evidence that a singularity is hot – NONE. End of story.

There is no evidence that this universe is the result of an expanding singularity, only one of many theroies. Hell there is even a theory, a valid one that all of time and space is the result of just one particle that is everywhere and everywhen at the same moment. But I won’t go there, it is far beyond your comprehension and you seem to be having trouble with the more simple theories.

So yes lets return to the math. You cannot deny the mathematics of Einstein, your world operates within its bounds and utilises it’s facts at every turn.

You cannot deny the mathematics of Planck, Bohr, Schrodinger etc and Dirac who combined these quantum mathematical ideas.

However, there was a problem that people of little intelligence like you love to use as evidence for god or evidence that science is wrong. I.e. the two mathematics, atomic and quantum were incompatible.

Old hat, out of date, superseded.

Dr Param Singh created a mathematics that seamlessly combined the two, the result was that the singularity theory was relegated to one of at least 27 competing and completely valid theories, each built on measurable and known facts.

Of course I understand your need to cling on to the old stuff, because against that you could at least put up a semblance of argument. However things have moved on, it is called progression, advancement and unfortunately for you times have changed.

I have no more intention of arguing against your ignorance, if you want to keep up then finem you know where to look. If you don’t then that too is fine, juts don’t bother me with your deliberate ignorance.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#180184 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly abuse in homes is common these days. Only you know the kind of abusive environment you were in. Not every home is in a model home of love and kindness.
This I can say, choices that teens make early in life are not always the correct choice. Because they lack the maturity and experience in life. That is not meant to say you did not suffer in your home environment.
You obviously did not read my post and like a good christian, you guessed and put your own interpretation on it

I will repeat, it was the members of the church, that’s C H U R C H who verbally and mentally abused me and you making BS up to lie for your god is never going to change that.
Imhotep

Oak Ridge, NC

#180185 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice two step cowboy but your dancing around the issue here.
You said that babies are born Atheist.
Which indicates no knowledge to be an Atheist.
That would make a pile of horse sh*t an Atheist.
Would you like to reconsider your earlier statement or should it remain.
I strongly suggest taking a course in reading comprehension.

You are the consummate dancer - dancing around the fairytale - living a lie - deliberately being willfully uninformed.

I know the truth hurts... Get used to it!
it is to 21st-century!
Imhotep

Oak Ridge, NC

#180186 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Hitler was a real Christian then Doc Adams on Gunsmoke was a real Doctor.
There is no IF
go to a library.

You may try but you cannot deny recorded history get an education before you comment on Hitler
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#180187 Oct 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure lunacy, the online atheist offer. There are historical transcripts between him and the other leaders of that era. A great example of how atheist go to far, and are frequently unworthy of a response.
You criticize other for their comprehension ability and here you demonstrate how flawed your comprehension is. I said, and this IS factual, "There are no CONTEMPORARY accounts of Jesus OUTSIDE of the bible" And don't give me the Josephus crap, he was NOT a contemporary but wrote of Jesus 10 years after this Jesus was supposed to have died. That make anything written about Jesus heresay, not even admissible in a court of law.

Funny we can actually see evidence of important people at that time. Mummified corpses of the Egyptian rulers, bones and DNA for others. FIRST hand accounts backed by hundreds sometimes thousands, but for this Jesus, nothing OUTSIDE of writings in the bible, there is NOTHING reliable or C O N T E M P O R A R Y. Sorry for your loss once again!!!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#180188 Oct 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't be so smug.
People deserve better treatment than you give them.
Jesus would be disappointed in you.
Why thank you. You know you’re one of my favorites.

[tipping hat]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#180189 Oct 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies are born babies with certain genetic traits. A belief in Christian dogma isn't one of those traits. Do you disagree?
I will agree babies are not born with a ideology of any kind including Atheism. They are completely neutral and only care about their needs such as milk, love, sleep and a dry diaper.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#180190 Oct 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have that proof prior to your belief?
beliefs you have now?
“Did you have that proof prior to your belief?”

A. No, other family members did but I didn't.

“Believers in many deities and religions also believe they have proof or evidence that justify their beliefs. How do you reconcile that? Do you try? Do you avoid thinking about it?”

A.

I can’t answer for other religions and what they believe or what proof they may claim. All through Biblical history there were other religions such as “Idol Worshippers.” These idol worshippers worshipped man made objects such a bulls and goats. You need to direct your question to all those “other” religions that claim they’re right and how they justify their belief. I don’t and will not answer for them.

I worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The one true God. The Great “I Am,” the King of Kings and Lord of all Lords, the Alpha and Omega, the creator of all things made.

The question of “how do I know I’m right?” Has come up thousands of times. This question has been answered thousands of times since this topix channel started. I often refer to the Donner Party of 1846 in American History.

How do we know the Donner Party took the wrong route? Because most of them didn’t reach their desired destination.

In the end those that reach their desired destination was right. Time is a crucial factor in all experiments and scientific test. Time will bear out who was right and who was on the wrong path in this journey we take today.

The Donner Party was a California Trail wagon train of eighty-one American pioneers who in 1846 found themselves trapped by snow in the Sierra Nevada. Thirty-six members of the party perished as a result of starvation, exposure, disease, and trauma, and some of the survivors resorted to cannibalism.
The wagons left in May 1846. Encouraged to try a new, faster route across Utah and Nevada, they opted to take the Hastings Cutoff proposed by Lansford Hastings, who had never taken the journey with wagons.

“Do you care if your beliefs are actually true?”

A. Yes they are true. How do I know because I’m following the established trail laid down by my forefathers. If you have ever taken a hike into dense woods and gotten of the trail head. There comes a time when you realize you are lost. You’ve lost your bearings and start walking in circles. I’m not walking in circles nor do I feel lost.

How many religious claims have you evaluated?
A. Many, those that worship Idols as part of their religious practice are hiking off the beaten path. Objects made out of wood and stone or gold are all man made and do not have the One True God associated with them.

“Would you believe any claim made with the same quality of evidence presented as the beliefs you have now?”

No I would not. But so far there has not been the same quality of evidence. But as we approach these last days for Gods people. We know there will be false Christ rise up and do miracles as we have been warned in Mathew and Revelation.

When John the Baptist sent word to Jesus while he was in prison. He asked,“Are you the one or shall we look for another?”

Luke 7:19-23

19 And John calling unto him two of his disciples sent them to Jesus, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?
20 When the men were come unto him, they said, John Baptist hath sent us unto thee, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?
21 And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight.
22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.
23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#180191 Oct 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
But not you.
That was a pretty insight free comment.
<quoted text>
Science isn't something that you need to believe in to accept, like astrology or Jesus. Science is definitely real.
"Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down. down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it." – Dan Barker
<quoted text>
Really? You don't think that you might be embellishing just a trifle here?
Speaking of Gestapo, evolution is the only science with its own Christian pseudoscience institution - the Discovery Institute - dedicated to trying to undermine it by promulgating intelligent design disinformation.
“It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise.” &#8213; Joseph Goebbels
"Science isn't something that you need to believe in to accept, like astrology or Jesus. Science is definitely real."

Most sciences true but there are two exceptions. Mans Evolution and Cosmology.

If man evolutionary science and cosmology is real why is there so many artist conceptions in it’s practice?

That doesn’t sound like real science to me but imagination of the artist. You can’t read or go through a evolutionary course without being bombarded with artist conceptions. Why? The evidence is not there but the imagination is.

If the evidence of mans evolution is so solid why does evolution have a enforcement arm? It’s the only science that come with thugs to beat up and cast out non believers.
The baseball bats and beatings are definitely real. All the scientist are forced to proclaim it is real or they will be fired. That doesn’t sound like solid scientific evidence to me.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#180192 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you hear it that much?
It's true with you. You wrote, "Ribs are the only part of a human that will regenerate. If a portion of a rib is cut away. It grows back new."
That's wrong. Did you know that the liver regenerates itself if there is healthy liver tissue to do so? Apparently not.
Furthermore, there is almost no data to support that ribs regenerate in humans, at least not in the sense that you implied. What little there is suggests that under special circumstances, periosteal osteoblasts can sometimes generate new bone and marrow. Resected ribs are generally removed with their periostea, so this has no clinical significance after removal of ribs as occurs with some times of thoracic surgery.
It looks like you're getting your science from Christian apologetics sources, like Answers In Genesis. http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/...
Let me give you a hint: if you can only find it in a Christian apologetics source, they made it up. There is nothing true about the world known only to Christians. If it is true, it can be found in a secular source.
Off the shelf canned Atheist answer.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#180193 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Why is that ironic? Most Christians murdered in America are killed by other Christians.
People are murdered by murders.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#180194 Oct 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not listen to half assed version of davesworld dreams
Wrong, there is no science that says it’ was a singularity, there is a theory but science does not know and admits as much, it’s godbots who cling to that idea. In the past before the mathematics were developed to allow one to investigate possibilities then it was assumed, given the known facts that it was a singularity. Those days are long gone, which is why I linked you to the perimeter institute in the hope that you could perhaps expand your education before making a total fool of yourself.
Perhaps in your simplistic mind you can liken it to the birth of an organism, me I liken it to the birth of a universe, which funnily enough is exactly what it was.
You call me emotional and bitchy, yet you are the one who relies of sexism, innuendo and myth and magic. There is no evidence that a singularity is hot – NONE. End of story.
There is no evidence that this universe is the result of an expanding singularity, only one of many theroies. Hell there is even a theory, a valid one that all of time and space is the result of just one particle that is everywhere and everywhen at the same moment. But I won’t go there, it is far beyond your comprehension and you seem to be having trouble with the more simple theories.
So yes lets return to the math. You cannot deny the mathematics of Einstein, your world operates within its bounds and utilises it’s facts at every turn.
You cannot deny the mathematics of Planck, Bohr, Schrodinger etc and Dirac who combined these quantum mathematical ideas.
However, there was a problem that people of little intelligence like you love to use as evidence for god or evidence that science is wrong. I.e. the two mathematics, atomic and quantum were incompatible.
Old hat, out of date, superseded.
Dr Param Singh created a mathematics that seamlessly combined the two, the result was that the singularity theory was relegated to one of at least 27 competing and completely valid theories, each built on measurable and known facts.
Of course I understand your need to cling on to the old stuff, because against that you could at least put up a semblance of argument. However things have moved on, it is called progression, advancement and unfortunately for you times have changed.
I have no more intention of arguing against your ignorance, if you want to keep up then finem you know where to look. If you don’t then that too is fine, juts don’t bother me with your deliberate ignorance.
You're a bit scattere3d their, lovey.

May I point out you are the one that refers to the Big Bang as the origin and no need for a deity?

I understand science, and I have posted links to the hot singularity at least 3 or 4 times. If and when NASA comes back online after the shutdown you can check their saying the same thing.

Sweetheart, the stuff I have been proposing is straight from mainstream science, just a different perspective. As I have said a few times, and now again, you don't understand what you "know". You learned the words, not what they represent. That wiouldn;t be bad, but then you get on here and bitch at anyone remotely theistic. You have an emotional issue with religion, particularly Christianity, NOT an intellectual and rational one.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#180195 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you hear it that much?
It's true with you. You wrote, "Ribs are the only part of a human that will regenerate. If a portion of a rib is cut away. It grows back new."
That's wrong. Did you know that the liver regenerates itself if there is healthy liver tissue to do so? Apparently not.
Furthermore, there is almost no data to support that ribs regenerate in humans, at least not in the sense that you implied. What little there is suggests that under special circumstances, periosteal osteoblasts can sometimes generate new bone and marrow. Resected ribs are generally removed with their periostea, so this has no clinical significance after removal of ribs as occurs with some times of thoracic surgery.
It looks like you're getting your science from Christian apologetics sources, like Answers In Genesis. http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/...
Let me give you a hint: if you can only find it in a Christian apologetics source, they made it up. There is nothing true about the world known only to Christians. If it is true, it can be found in a secular source.
I worked in a scientific field for over 32 years. I learned there are Engineers and then there are real Engineers. The same goes for Scientist and Medical Doctors.

There are lots of Medical Doctors that some how by the skin of the teeth were able to graduate medical school. The bottom dwellers, the forth and fifth string quarterbacks sort of speak.

I know you claim to have been an “Ex” Medical Doctor. But I seriously doubt you were one of the “Real” Doctors. You know the one’s at the top of their class that go on to be professors in major teaching hospitals.

You are outdated Doctor, the medical school you went to in the 60’s is obsolete as well as most of what you learned. If you are going to make claims that ribs don’t regenerate I would strongly suggest you enroll in medical school again. This time listen and don’t be staring at the legs of the student in the isle next to you.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#180196 Oct 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I strongly suggest taking a course in reading comprehension.
You are the consummate dancer - dancing around the fairytale - living a lie - deliberately being willfully uninformed.
I know the truth hurts... Get used to it!
it is to 21st-century!
Another off the shelf canned Atheist reply.

Push the button and out rolls the same ole thoughtless response.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#180197 Oct 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously did not read my post and like a good christian, you guessed and put your own interpretation on it
I will repeat, it was the members of the church, that’s C H U R C H who verbally and mentally abused me and you making BS up to lie for your god is never going to change that.
I said hat and you said bat. I say car and you say bar.

I said bold and you say sold.

"Houston we have a problem."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min eyeful 605,082
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 775,903
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 559,722
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Aura Mytha 265,221
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 12 min WasteWater 5,116
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min EdmondWA 96,751
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 41 min scirocco 37,828
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min lisw 175,685
More from around the web