Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254916 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#180274 Oct 16, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if it would be considered a proof of love, but science can show us the difference in brain activity when we are thinking about or looking at a picture of the one, or the ones we love. It's really interesting :)
Yes it is and I know they are pushing the envelope in this area all the time.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#180275 Oct 16, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You really don't have an answer to your Gods murdering rampages do you? You accept that fact and continue to worship, unbelievable!!!!
Believe as you wish my good Doctor. I still love you in my heart.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#180276 Oct 16, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that!!!!
I hated all that crap and still do. What a waste of classroom time.
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180277 Oct 16, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Problems with word meanings I think;
1.) You KNOW that gravity exists.....you BELIVE God exists
2.) You KNOW that germs exist, even though you have never seen one......you BELIVE God exists
3.) You KNOW that the moon is not made of cheese, even though you have never been there....you believe God exists
4.) You KNOW Pluto orbits the sun, even though you nor anyone else on the planet has ever witnessed even one orbit...you believe God exists.
Get the point? All of the KNOWS are validated by science. Your beliefs are NOT
No he doesn't get the point. He does have a point though... He wears a hat to hide it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180278 Oct 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
He is laughing because you are a cry baby and idiot for making these statement. Why would we bake you, when we know The Devil is waiting to do it. No need for over kill.
Seven Godly Sins

When god destroys people for not obeying him, it is WRATH

When god punishes people for believing in a different god, it is ENVY

When god lets tragedies and disasters happen of which he could have prevented, it is SLOTH

When god allows anyone to hunger unnecessarily while he has enough for himself, it is GLUTTONY

When god expects his followers to dedicate their lives to worrshipping and praying to him, it is PRIDE

When god insists his followers pay tithes and offerings for his approval, it is GREED

When god intends on being party to every marriage, it is LUST

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180279 Oct 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not change the topic, bobbing Bobby, all you worm meat are posting with hidden location. Are you afraid I'll do my Pagan magic, find you, then bake you. And you call us superstitious.
Seven Godly Sins

When god lets tragedies and disasters happen of which he could have prevented, it is SLOTH

When god allows anyone to hunger unnecessarily while he has enough for himself, it is GLUTTONY

When god expects his followers to dedicate their lives to worrshipping and praying to him, it is PRIDE

When god insists his followers pay tithes and offerings for his approval, it is GREED

Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180280 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Atheist canned answer, recycled material.
It's in your book dumbass - you should read it sometime!

You're living proof that Snow White and Dopey had unprotected sex. ;)

Reality check time for dumbass Christians:

IS THE BIBLE INSPIRED?

If it is, it should be a book that no man -- no number of men -- could produce.

It should contain the perfection of philosophy.

It should perfectly accord with every fact in nature.

There should be no mistakes in astronomy, geology, or as to any subject or science.

Its morality should be the highest, the purest.

Its laws and regulations for the control of conduct should be just, wise, perfect, and perfectly adapted to the accomplishment of the ends desired.

It should contain nothing calculated to make man cruel, revengeful, vindictive or infamous.

It should be filled with intelligence, justice, purity, honesty, mercy and the spirit of liberty.

It should be opposed to strife and war, to slavery and lust, to ignorance, credulity and superstition.
It should develop the brain and civilize the heart.

It should satisfy the heart and brain of the best and wisest.

It should be true.

QUESTION...???

Does the Old or NewTestament satisfy this standard?

Is there anything in the Bible in history, in theory, in law, in government, in morality, in science, above and beyond the ideas, the beliefs, the customs and prejudices of its authors and the people among whom they lived?

Is there one ray of light from any supernatural source?

NO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180281 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh don’t feel bad about what you did to Catcher1. Heck fire the same thing happened to Madeline Murray O'Hare. One day one of her good ole buddies just shot her dead. You Atheist are funny about such things.
Seven Godly Sins

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180282 Oct 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't know me. The thought of even running for local office has never crossed my mind.
Seven Godly Sins

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180283 Oct 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging by what I read online, they may have been murdered for being a bunch of jerkoffs that had to have the last word all the time. Nazi's had to kill someone they captured too many. They were lucky they could feed their own troops.
Seven Godly Sins

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180284 Oct 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in a Perfect God, your statements are not true about my God. But yours on the other hand, ye without soul.
The following describes your god PERFECTLY:

Seven Godly Sins

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180285 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hated all that crap and still do. What a waste of classroom time.
Of course you hated it: it made you **think**.

And you know that thinking ruins faith.

So it's quite natural-- you prefer ignorance and faith to **thinking** and learning.
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180286 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignored, until you learn to write for yourself.
You're too dense to ignore me - and you won't because you can't - you're obsessed.

I find you highly entertaining. ;)

A perfect example of religious dementia.

“A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.”~Saul Bellow

Give up Eagle... you'll never be the man your mother is.
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180287 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe as you wish my good Doctor. I still love you in my heart.
What a steaming pile! LOL
You have a heart? Say it ain't so!

I have you're nightly prayer for you... ;)

My Vibrator, which brings me to heaven!
Rabbit be thy name!
Till kingdom come!
Thy make me cum!
On earth!
Oh it is heaven!
Give me this daily thrill!
And forgive me my screams!
As i forgive thos who sold me dud batteries!
Lead me straight into temptation!
But deliver me from frustration!
For thine is the vibration!
The power and the rotation!
For ever and ever!
Amen or No men!
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180288 Oct 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Seven Godly Sins
Let's address these one at a time shall we Sir Robert?

The Vatican has spoken out on the subject of the Seven Magnificent Deadly Sins, and has come up with a modernised version of 'things to go to Hell for'.

The original seven sins - Pride, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Anger, Greed and Sloth - have become outdated, says the Vatican, as everyone in the world indulges in those sins every day of their lives.

A new up-to-date list of sins is thought to have been the idea of the Pope himself.

To reflect the state of modern life, the new Seven Magnificent Deadly Sins, as decreed by the Pope, include sins against minorities, as well as against the environment, which is always complaining about being shat upon.

The revised list is:

Pollution.

Calling gay people names like Arse Bandit, Rear Admiral or Cackpipe Cosmonaut.

Kiddyfiddling (unless the kiddyfiddler is a trusted religious person)

Calling Muslims names like ...well...you know, and laughing at their beards.

Drug-taking if you're an athlete (forgiveable after 2 years)

Can't think of one for number 6.

Being a sloth.

Priests have applauded the revision, and say that anyone discovered committing more than four of the sins within a 7-day period, could leave themselves open to Eternal Damnation.

Father Feargal O'Birmingham, a professor of moral theology at the University of Alum Rock, said:

"The world has changed since the original seven deadly sins were written down in 1977. Sins have changed, and we must change with them. It may have been fine to call a faggot a 'faggot' 30 years ago, but that kind of thing is no longer permissible."
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180289 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were you when I was being forced to learn Greek Mythology in Jr High?
I sure wish some Atheist would have stood up then and had that crap thrown out the window.
I throw that crap "Gideon Bibles" out the window every time I see one. You still eat that crap daily - how does it taste?
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180290 Oct 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you hated it: it made you **think**.
And you know that thinking ruins faith.
So it's quite natural-- you prefer ignorance and faith to **thinking** and learning.
Don't they all Bob?

One would imagine with all the Internet information available: that... they would at least make a effort to determine what their religion is - what it originated from - why competing religious ideologies exist.

Sadly, they are so brainwashed, that "thinking" is verboten! "God will get me for that"

If religionists applied reason and science to their faith, their religion would simply die. That's why faith must oppose science for its very survival.
No philosophy, moral outlook, or religion can be inconsistent with the findings of science and hope to endure among educated people.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#180291 Oct 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignored, until you learn to write for yourself.
Another theist canned answer, recycled material.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#180292 Oct 17, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
"Science isn't something that you need to believe in to accept, like astrology or Jesus. Science is definitely real."
Most sciences true but there are two exceptions. Mans Evolution and Cosmology.
And by the most amazing of coincidences, they are happen to be the two that contradict your bible's creation story. What are the odds that the same types of people using the same methods as the ones that developed the science that you do accept would get it wrong in the most important of areas?

Incidentally, if you want to defend Creationism from scientific progress, you'll want to begin attacking abiogenesis and plate tectonics as well, and probably archeology, too.
Eagle 12 wrote:
If man evolutionary science and cosmology is real why is there so many artist conceptions in it’s practice?
How are artist's conceptions a refutation of the theory of biological evolution?
Eagle 12 wrote:
That doesn’t sound like real science to me but imagination of the artist. You can’t read or go through a evolutionary course without being bombarded with artist conceptions. Why? The evidence is not there but the imagination is.
Yes, drawings not made of things that you are looking at are the imagination. Were you aware that there is other evidence apart from drawings? Are you disregarding that and attacking the theory based on drawings?
Eagle 12 wrote:
If the evidence of mans evolution is so solid why does evolution have a enforcement arm? It’s the only science that come with thugs to beat up and cast out non believers. The baseball bats and beatings are definitely real. All the scientist are forced to proclaim it is real or they will be fired. That doesn’t sound like solid scientific evidence to me.
Really? An enforcement arm? Do you have drawings to support those allegations?

Michael Behe still has his job. How did the enforcement arm let that happen?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#180293 Oct 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
It's true with you. You wrote, "Ribs are the only part of a human that will regenerate. If a portion of a rib is cut away. It grows back new."
That's wrong. Did you know that the liver regenerates itself if there is healthy liver tissue to do so? Apparently not.
Furthermore, there is almost no data to support that ribs regenerate in humans, at least not in the sense that you implied. What little there is suggests that under special circumstances, periosteal osteoblasts can sometimes generate new bone and marrow. Resected ribs are generally removed with their periostea, so this has no clinical significance after removal of ribs as occurs with some times of thoracic surgery.
It looks like you're getting your science from Christian apologetics sources, like Answers In Genesis. http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/...
Let me give you a hint: if you can only find it in a Christian apologetics source, they made it up. There is nothing true about the world known only to Christians. If it is true, it can be found in a secular source.
Eagle 12 wrote:
Off the shelf canned Atheist answer.
That is incorrect. I wrote that answer myself. It was completely original. I doubt that you'll find my answer anywhere else on the Internet.

And what difference would it make if I copied a canned answer if it were a correct answer? Canned answers are perfect for frequently offered false claims.Don't you think that you should rebut the claim's content rather than its novelty?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 28,810
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 11 min Johnny 3,667
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 17 min little lamb 18,515
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min bad bob 181,906
foreign muslims and moloch 48 min Truthiness 6
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Just Think 637,672
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr trifecta1 968,798
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Holy Commandment... 44,171
More from around the web