Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258041 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#179977 Oct 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is more militant or belligerent than you? Dr. Shrink? OK, I'll give you that. But you're second.
You are a lying sack of shit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179978 Oct 14, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are a lying sack of shit.
Says the creationist coward with no proof of god and no morals.
Imhotep

Calhoun, TN

#179979 Oct 14, 2013
Welloe wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RuGc8Saip4kXX
Heres the truth
This is better!

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#179980 Oct 14, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Look whos talking , a sturthiform gal with xanthodontous
? say what?, a search on google for “sturthiform” turns up:

http://www.google.co.uk/#q=sturthiform

Did you mean:

Stratiform - structform - struts form -sturt farm

No results containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - sturthiform - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

I have another suggestion, try speaking in one of the languages of earth

And wow have you used a dictionary lately? Perhaps you should have used one for your previous attempt at a big word.

P.S. your guess is a guess (very christian of you) and it’s wrong however in the same vein, you want to tell us about your problem with obesity?

#179981 Oct 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how their cult works - you get rewarded for the harder you lie. Inevitable, it also means the lies get more and more outrageous as the disease progresses.
Some reward? The promise of a place that does not exist after you die. Talk about gullible?
Imhotep

Calhoun, TN

#179982 Oct 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Your seething hate for me, and for people like me?
Is 100% proof that your god isn't real.
If your god WAS? Why has he not prevented me from speaking?
But even worse?
By permitting YOU TO SPEAK FOR YOUR GOD?
You present a god who is pure EVIL.
And that?
Is definitive proof your god isn't real.
Definitive proof Sir Robert of Tulsa?
Nicely stated response! ;)
But the proof of 'NO GODS' is simply everywhere - one only needs to open their eyes.
<fires pipe> ;)
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Your seething hate for me, and for people like me?
Is 100% proof that your god isn't real.
If your god WAS? Why has he not prevented me from speaking?
But even worse?
By permitting YOU TO SPEAK FOR YOUR GOD?
You present a god who is pure EVIL.
And that?
Is definitive proof your god isn't real.
Well said sir Robert of Tulsa

Proof of God? LOL

Which one, there are so many!

All hail Pope Francis!

BUT - BUT - BUT IF ATHEISTS CAN GET IN TO HEAVEN - HOW ABOUT PURGATORY?

Way back in 1999, Pope John Paul II made an embarrassingly clumsy attempt to explain this diabolical, eternal torture chamber known as Hell.
His attempt was an unmitigated failure. He said that while Hell was not a physical place, it was for real and, rather than being inflicted by God, it was something sinners bring on themselves. "Hell is not a punishment imposed externally by God, but the condition resulting from attitudes and actions which people adopt in this life," he said. He also added that demons do exist. And he said, "So eternal damnation is not God's work but is actually our own doing."

OMG! I didn't realize human beings created Hell. I could have sworn it was some dimwitted God.

Did I miss something?
Of course, when dabbling in the supernatural, nonsense usually results. But Satan and Hell are more than just nonsense.

They are the epitome of sadism.

The idea of a totally vicious, sadistic Devil is not only primitive and unsophisticated; it is offensively, repulsively ugly.

The idea of a malevolent being reigning supreme over a fiery kingdom of eternal, tormenting anguish is so savagely cruel it could only have been dreamed up by savagely cruel people.

#179983 Oct 14, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
More simply put, you don’t understand what you are reading. This is why your replies are so far off base. It may be a disability you have in reading.
I could write something about flowers and you will respond with something about showers. You are not grasping the concept. It may be a disability but if you work on it you could improve.
Wrong. You, nor any other godbot/christian/funnymentalis t have ever provided ANY evidence that I am off base. Oh you chant it often enough and even offer obfuscation and irrelevancies but never – EVER provide any backup for you lies. Why is this? Could it be because you are actually incapable of making a valid point, incapable of discussion of anything that contradicts you faith in the belief of bronze age escaped slaves and goat herders?

And again why are you blaming my disability for your ignorance of that disability? Such an ignorant and pathetic christian and the very reason why I am no longer christian, because of ignorant morons like you who are incapable of understanding any one not “created” as you personally believe your god should have made them

Also wrong. But hey, you are christian so understanding of what dyslexia actually is is not in your brief right and so you rely on ignorance and hearsay and so obviously self possessed lying guesswork that you are incapable of seeing the lies you vomit

And a christian telling a dyslexic that they can improve is more evidence enough that you are an ignorant fool with no comprehension of the facts of the disability

Tell me. Do you enjoy kicking cripples as a hobby?

#179984 Oct 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain the hot dense singularity BEFORE the creation of matter or mass. That heat is a very important component of the BBT.
What makes you say it was hot?

How do you know it was hot?

Please explain how you arrived at your guess?

Then consider the word singularity.

Then consider that no one, no expert, no scientist, not even you knows what there was prior to 10^-34th of a second after the event.

Just because you believe that heat was important does not make it so, after all you believe goddidit by magic and have never been able to provide any justification for your belief.
Imhotep

Calhoun, TN

#179985 Oct 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Were you referring to me? If so, I apologige profoundly for offending your sensibilities by disagreeing with you. I presume that is what you mean by "insulting people." I didn't realize how fragile your belief system was.
Perhaps you would prefer to share your Good News about your victory and the power of Christ in a more protected environment like a church where nobody would challenge or disagree with you.
Doc,

Others... long before the desert religion saviours - said this... and it says a lot.

Essentially this concept is old as civilized man... There is nothing original about it in ANY religion.

"This is the sum of duty. Do not unto others that which would cause you pain if done to you." -- Mahabharata 5:1517, from the Vedic tradition of India, circa 3000 BCE

"What is hateful to you, do not to our fellow man. That is entire Law, all the rest is commentary." -- Talmud, Shabbat 31a, from the Judaic tradition, circa 1300 BCE

"That nature alone is good which refrains from doing unto another whatsoever is not good for itself." -- Avesta, Dadistan-i-dinik 94:5, from the Zoroastrian tradition, circa 600 BCE

"Hurt not others in ways that you find hurtful." -- Tripitaka, Udanga-varga 5,18 , from the Buddhist tradition, circa 525 BCE

"Surely it is the maxim of loving kindness, do not unto others that which you would not have done unto you." -- Analects, Lun-yu XV,23, from the Confucian tradition, circa 500 BCE

"One should treat all beings as he himself would be treated." -- Agamas, Sutrakrtanga 1.10, 1-3, from the Jain tradition, circa 500 BCE

"Regard your neighbor's gain as your gain and your neighbor's loss as your loss." -- Tai-shang Kang-ying P'ien, from the Taoist tradition, circa 500 BCE

"Do not do to others that which would anger you if others did it to you." -- Socrates (the Greek philosopher), circa 470-399 BCE

PS:
I will never get used to this weather!
But European culture is so refreshing, it is a welcome change for me and family.

Oh mi mejor para su familia espero que se encuentre bien y feliz. ;)

#179986 Oct 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You do greatly flatter me with your post. I wish it was true. I do my best, thank you.
So you consider being seen to blatantly lie as flattery, wow you must be christian.

Does people commenting on you portraying yourself as an ignorant lying godbot count as flattery? Because this is truth.

BTW you would not comprehend truth if it sat on your face and farted

And you still abused the memory of my grandfather so that you can feel good about you own delusion

Just because you slope your shoulders, shrug and ignore the facts does not make the facts disappear. You created the post, TRUTH, it is a matter of public record TRUTH, and we can see that proves that you do your best to lie, TRUTH

So don’t thank me, just don’t lie about your foul and ignorant BS
Imhotep

Calhoun, TN

#179987 Oct 14, 2013
~~~~~\\\||
~~~~(@@)~~
~~oOo--O--oOo~~
HOSTAGE-TAKERS CALL COMPARISONS TO TEA PARTY “HURTFUL”

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A group representing America’s hostage-takers today blasted President Obama for his repeated comparisons between them and the Tea Party Republicans, calling his remarks “degrading and hurtful.”

The complaint came from the National Alliance of Hostage-Takers and Blackmailers, a watchdog group that monitors negative images of extortionists in the media.

“As professional hostage-takers, we never take hostages unless we have a well-thought-out plan, realistic demands, and a clear exit strategy,” read the group’s official statement.“Any comparison between what we do and these inane Tea Party antics are derogatory and unacceptable.”

The statement continued,“For years, our members have been subjected to offensive Hollywood stereotypes of hostage-takers as crazed madmen, cackling evildoers, and worse. The President’s hurtful remarks only reinforce those negative images.”

Later in the day, White House press spokesman Jay Carney offered an apology to the group:“As you can imagine, in the heat of a crisis we often say things we don’t mean. The President regrets any hurt his remarks may have caused.”

Mr. Carney said that in order to avoid offending other groups in the future, the President would resist the temptation to call the Tea Party Republicans terrorists, lunatics, or babies.

--

"Republicans don't want to shut the government down, they want to end this stalemate and get back to the important work of crippling the government." -Stephen Colbert

"I'm glad the government has shut down. Think about it, for the first time in years it's safe to talk on the phone and send emails without anybody listening in." –Jay Leno

--

I'm not worried about a government shutdown, Im more worried about it starting back up!

I am Imhotep® and I approve this post.

#179988 Oct 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
OK in regards to the dead. Hey you will meet your own beliefs. You do know yourself. Yours and your mind is yours. You are 2/3s human. Enjoy this ONE, it's all you have. Perhaps like a male lion that never joins a pride. The lone wolf. If I was you I'd enjoy the sex and party, as I do as me.
You fooking ignorant prat, I am 100% human and all your guesswork means is that you are still lying, you must get very used to lying as a way of life eh?. Personally I have no tolerance for liars and no tolerance for deliberate ignorance so you k now exactly where you stand.

You are clueless about my life, including my sex life, yet you can make bold and so obviously lying guesses about me and make ignorant statements about what you would do with my life if your were me.

Moron, YOU ARE NOT ME thank fook for small mercies

So you believe that lying and deliberate ignorance means you are enjoying the party of life, how pathetic, you really don’t know what you are missing but hey who cares, your are just one lying and ignorant godbot in the real world

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#179989 Oct 14, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you say it was hot?
How do you know it was hot?
Please explain how you arrived at your guess?
Then consider the word singularity.
Then consider that no one, no expert, no scientist, not even you knows what there was prior to 10^-34th of a second after the event.
Just because you believe that heat was important does not make it so, after all you believe goddidit by magic and have never been able to provide any justification for your belief.
I said it was hot because that is what the BBT says. In the trillions of degrees I believe. I have posted links to support that. It is an intrinsic part of the theory. The thingy got real hot and blew up like a balloon, creating space and matter as we know it now.

Try reading and understanding what you use as the basis for your arguing, unless you just want to argue, like some women are prone to do

#179990 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> As Christine's sock you never know what you did anyway. Just plead Nolo contendere ...lol
My sock? Please explain your thinking here…

#179991 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I found out last night we are all Christines socks.
The only other person in topix is nano.
It was a shocker to me me too.
Who told you this? Surely you have not fallen for godbot lies and hate stirring.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#179993 Oct 14, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My sock? Please explain your thinking here…

I knew this was coming, lol.... It was a joke, a inside one .
It went like this...

nano accused tim of being you or rather your sock in the PTAG thread.
He responded by telling her everybody was Christine's sock .
There was only her and Christine and your socks in all of topix.

I told tim I didn't feel like Christine, he said it came as a shock when he found out too. I was just spreading the joke around because I knew you would see it in here.

Ugh I mean I would be you in here or , this is so confusing.
Why do we talk to ourselves so much? Don't you know this already?
LOL Do we get to take a day off from being you every now and then?

J/K with ya, you are much prettier than me. LOL

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179994 Oct 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I said it was hot because that is what the BBT says. In the trillions of degrees I believe. I have posted links to support that. It is an intrinsic part of the theory. The thingy got real hot and blew up like a balloon, creating space and matter as we know it now.
Try reading and understanding what you use as the basis for your arguing, unless you just want to argue, like some women are prone to do
just prove your god or give up entirely. your mental illness is your problem

#179995 Oct 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn’t.

What made the singularity (if that’s what it was*) expand is unknown and when you guess merchants get to understand what unknown means then you will have no need to guess.

Maybe you have posted links that explain the expansion but they do not, and with today’s knowledge, cannot possibly explain the trigger for the event.

So you have bottled out of the sexism and bottled out of your “female”logic and now you harp on about arguments. I assume you have nothing substantial and so you go down the typical godbot route of attacking irrelevancies. Such action is usually taken by godbots when they have nothing else to discuss and when the opponent’s view is not a 100% reproduction of their own view

However, there are a couple of points you seem to have missed with the argument argument. First this is a public discussion thread which invites argument (note if you don’t want an argument then try a church bulletin board) and second blatant hypocrisy as in you are arguing while decrying argument.

You really are slowly loosing and semblance of intelligence you ever claimed to have.

&#61623; Could just as easily have been multi dimensional membranes crashing together, could as easily have been a collision of universes. Could just as easily have been a universe spawning. Could just as easily have been a joining of or a breaking of or knotting of strings. There are at least 27 mathematically valid theories of what caused this universe, the one thing that unites them is that they are all theories and NONE are (at least yet) proven to be factual.

But hey feel free to argue about what you do not understand to your hearts content, if that what helps you sleep at night.

#179996 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew this was coming, lol.... It was a joke, a inside one .
It went like this...
nano accused tim of being you or rather your sock in the PTAG thread.
He responded by telling her everybody was Christine's sock .
There was only her and Christine and your socks in all of topix.
I told tim I didn't feel like Christine, he said it came as a shock when he found out too. I was just spreading the joke around because I knew you would see it in here.
Ugh I mean I would be you in here or , this is so confusing.
Why do we talk to ourselves so much? Don't you know this already?
LOL Do we get to take a day off from being you every now and then?
J/K with ya, you are much prettier than me. LOL
Cheers, I thought it would be something like that.

That’s nano for you, stupid to the nth degree. It makes a change though, she usually accuses OCB and myself to be the same person. The more than 4300 miles of Atlantic puddle between us never even crosses her tiny mind. And of course is the fact that OCB can spell, a dead give away really. But Hey ho…that’s the thing with godbots, they have no facts so then have to guess and lie. make BS and project their own shortcomings to justify there existence.

Prettier, maybe, can’t say, I have never clocked your handsome mug …

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#179997 Oct 14, 2013
Here's another tough one: Do you expect to have free will in heaven?

I ask because I am frequently told when I suggest that everybody would have been better off if we were created to love God that he gave us free will because he didn't want robots, but rather he wanted us to love him freely and by choice. The problem is that nobody can last in heaven without eventually rebelling like the angels did unless they are stripped of free will and the ability to make that choice. You might go a billion years or even a billion billion years before you slip, but eventually, everybody will. Or maybe you think that God wants robots after all, but not until most of them have had free will on earth and used it to wind up in hell.
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I respect Gods sovereignty. Hes not a man so there is a vast difference . Even an alien,does not compare. Love trumps free will. concerning heaven Isiah said... There shall be no more there an infant of days, nor an old man that has not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. seems like you can screw up again with free will.
No answer, then? No problem. The question is an impossible one, which is why I added, "these are the kinds of issues that help me to realize that Christian doctrine was created by men, not a god. When you write fiction, you're bound to make mistakes and wind up with contradictions that don't occur when you accurately describe reality."

But I put the question to you because you once commented that you liked to be challenged with thought provoking material.

Incidentally, I have some more great words for you.

[1] ananym - name written backward; often used as synonym, like Trebor for Robert, or Oprah Winfrey’s production company Harpo Productions
[2] aptronym - name that suits its owner, like astronaut Sally Ride or footballer Jim Kiick
[3] bacronym - is a phrase specially constructed so that an acronym fits an existing word. NASA’s ISS treadmill the Combined Operational Load-Bearing External Resistance Treadmill (COLBERT) after Stephen Colbert.
[4] capitonym – a word which changes meaning and pronunciation when capitalized like job/Job and polish/Polish
[5] charactonym - name of a fictional character that suggests his/her personality traits such as Daddy Warbucks, Caspar Milquetoats and Dr. Evil
[6] exonym - name for a town or country in a foreign language, like the English names “Germany” for Deutschland and “Finland” for Suomi, the names of those countries to thepeople living there. Londres is the French exonym for London
[7] heteronym - word having same spelling but different sound and meaning, such as in “The button was so minute that it was a minute before he found it.”
[8] hypernym - word representing a class of words or things
[9] hyponym - term which is a member of a smaller class, like tiger to feline
[10] retronym - new name as modification of older term used alone, such as “acoustic guitar” and “snow skiing” which were just guitar and skiing until electric guitars and water skiing came along.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min RiversideRedneck 977,422
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 5 min RiversideRedneck 243
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min New Age Spiritual... 665,429
Liberals say INCEST marriage is okay 7 min Guest appearance 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Scaritual 88,323
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,844
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 284,610
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 hr Joe Fortuna 619
More from around the web