Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
172,521 - 172,540 of 224,465 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
im stil waiting for that scientific experiment you promised to prove souls!
or were you only BSing as always?
Can't prove it to you, you are only 2/3 human
Imhotep

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were 32 years old.
I should be so lucky! ;)

I can never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The cornerstone of my belief system is you become your beliefs, or your beliefs become you. Your faith determines your fate. Ugly thought for an atheist isn't it. I do think spreading atheism is asinine. A person with no soul is a sub human. I do view you and your fellow recruiters as members of a very evil cult. Because like anything else anything has, when they stop using it the lose it. And you should know that is part of evolution. Your lack of yearning is sub human, your recruiting is evil.
That may be your cornerstone, but it is not my belief at all. I was a christian for many years and it did not define who I am as a person, nor does my non-belief now. I have faith in many things, but I do not have faith in things that I do not believe in as that would obviously be asinine. You believe in souls and I do not have any evidence of "souls" existing. I believe in the chemical makeup of a human, and DNA, and all of the things that make up a person physically. That make-up makes me a human, whether you like to think so or not. It is no matter to me how you view Atheism in itself, but if you are going to judge people then you should judge them by their actions as a person, not on a label that society has created. If a soul makes a persons existence then it would seem to me impossible for a person with no soul to live physically. Again...I don't know the complexities of your beliefs, nor do I care to dive into them. All I know is that it is greatly unappreciated to see you call out people for acting a certain way, but then proceed to act the same way yourself. Also as I said, for you to call me sub-human may be your opinion and you may not care how I feel, but it is still unappreciated and uncalled for in my opinion. You may think it's asinine for people to spread their opinions or to even share facts that do not coincide with your beliefs, but that too is just showing no "tolerance" for other people's being.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't come out and say it often, but I think atheism is a personal short coming. Mental illness is their perception. I take it as a compliment when they say it. You have to realize this is a sort so negative, they accuse a majority of people throughout history of lying, and many of those people are great people. Jesus Christ while it could be fairly debated if he is or is not God, was an extraordinary person, worthy of praise. I do believe he was of God, but I believe we all are. When someone that puts down Jesus, puts you down too, that is flattering.
There most likely was no such person as Jesus Christ, at least the person you think he was. There are NO contemporary accounts of Jesus outside of the bible, that is factual. There were some that shared this name that roamed the countryside preaching, but the Jesus depicted in the bible is a myth. Sorry for your loss!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There most likely was no such person as Jesus Christ, at least the person you think he was. There are NO contemporary accounts of Jesus outside of the bible, that is factual. There were some that shared this name that roamed the countryside preaching, but the Jesus depicted in the bible is a myth. Sorry for your loss!!!
I like to think that if Jesus actually did exist that he was a hippie type :) I'm sure if he did exist that is probably what he was... more along the lines of someone like Gandhi.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read after your claim that Chinese do not force people to be atheist. One tall glass of shut the **** up coming up.
http://wisdomquarterly.blogspot.com/2008/08/c...
http://www.chinamedia.com/news/2011/11/09/bei...
http://www.religioustolerance.org/rt_china.ht...
Now say something stupid to further show you lack of reading comprehension and your inability to admit you are wrong. Honestly, that was the most stuuuuuppppppiiiddd statement I have read, and I have read little red bobbing hood's post here.
The government appears to regard the Falun Dafa as the most serious threat to the government since the 1989 student uprising. The government has historical reasons for their fear. China has had a history of religious and spiritual uprisings that had catastrophic effects on the country. "In the late 1770s, the White Lotus rebellion against the Qing dynasty was led by Wang Lun, a master of martial arts and herbal medicine." 2 Perhaps the most serious was the Taiping rebellion of 1845-1864 which was led by a leader who viewed himself as the Son of God. Some 20 million died in that revolt.

You've bee exposed once again as a liar. None of these articles you posted said anything about the Chinese Government forcing people to become Atheists. The government fears religious groups because of a history of revolts, it has NOTHING to do with turning people in Atheists. Perhaps it is you who needs to bone up on reading comprehension. It never says you can't worship in private, which is actually what all religions should do. It was actually this mythical Jesus dude that suggested people worship in private.

The first article you posted said nothing about the suppression of religion, so I don't know what you hoped to accomplish there.

I do thank you for submitting an article that demonstrated how poisonous religion really is, the Taiping rebellion where the leader thought he was God and attempted to spread Christianity throughout China.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spray the roaches Bob.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[hands over ears] Blah, blah. blah, blah blah
So.

You cannot answer my question?

Okay. Obviously your god isn't up to the challenge.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the name is offensive to native Americans, and I owned the team, I would change it.
I'd hold a naming contest, season tickets to the winner.
We should try to get along with one another.
You surprise me with this level of tolerance.

Honestly, I did not expect it from you, given your hateful comments to me.

I suppose you make a special exception for me, right?

... meh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
They have already been pre-selected and purchased.
I would vote, IF paid, to do so ONLY.
It is voters that placed the politicians in office.
It is they that reap their own harvest.
The population has been "dumbed down" to accept the status quo.
No POTUS election has been decided by one vote.
I voted only once.
Nixon lied and did not end the Vietnam war as advertised.
I have not voted since. I do not trust any of them.
Well... I cannot really find a counter to your points that is not without some assumptions.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That will be the day, you with your 3rd grade minus reading comprehension could insult me with comments of being stupid. There is a chance you do have a soul but just don't understand it. That of course would be better than being a soulless fool. 2/3 human
I'm begnining to suspect something here...
.. and it begins to make a kind of horrible sense.
YOU are Bongo's alter-ego, just as sponge-bob loofuah is.
Hmmmm.... it almost fits:
## You both demonstrate a complete lack of education
## you both post hate
## you both post pathetic attempts to insult, when you cannot get your way
## you both believe in 100% bullshyt.
So are you the same poster?
Even if you are not?
IT DOES NOT MATTER:
You are both unable to convince a rat to go for some nice cheese...
... fail.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, Jesus would just let it go without saying.
You just don't get sarcasm, do you?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the drama of the whole thing. You are not a minority, and I am for religious freedom. I don't take atheist word for it that they are for religious freedom therefore I won't vote for one, that is a far cry from baking them. Perhaps you would prefer to be baked, oh whatever.
You are **exactly** like those folk in Germany who encouraged the eventual massacre of 6 million Jews.

Seriously: you are the same.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think out of respect to the American Indians the owner should meet with the groups that have a concern. Itís a public relations issue that should be carefully dealt with.
Perhaps charitable contributions from the NFL Team to American Indian charities would be in order. The wrong action to take is to dig in and say youíre not going to change the name. That action comes across as being insensitive and uncaring.
The idea would be to embrace the American Indian community and not disregard it. Changing a Teams name is going to have cost associated with it. If a name change is ever decided it could happen 3 or 4 years into the future so money could be budgeted over several years for the expense.
Classic privileged White Man's "solution": buy someone off with a small pile of cash.

You disgust me.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why there is no worm meat going for high office. You sort run and get less than a percent of the vote, we don't want you, nor need you. It'll be a sad day a sub-human gets respect in the American political world. Thank God that day is not coming.
You are so unconvincing you could not talk a lion into going after an injured wildebeest.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a person's but it does form what is socially acceptable. You don't believe those that tell you religion did save them. I can't help you with that detail.
You are so unconvincing, you could not talk a Catholic into going to communion.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I have previously explained the reasons I won't vote for an Atheist.
You are exactly like the Nazis, who declares atheists were sub-human and worthy of the gas chambers.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't prove it to you, you are only 2/3 human
You are **exactly** like the Nazis, who said the same thing about the Jews.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
The government appears to regard the Falun Dafa as the most serious threat to the government since the 1989 student uprising. The government has historical reasons for their fear. China has had a history of religious and spiritual uprisings that had catastrophic effects on the country. "In the late 1770s, the White Lotus rebellion against the Qing dynasty was led by Wang Lun, a master of martial arts and herbal medicine." 2 Perhaps the most serious was the Taiping rebellion of 1845-1864 which was led by a leader who viewed himself as the Son of God. Some 20 million died in that revolt.
You've bee exposed once again as a liar. None of these articles you posted said anything about the Chinese Government forcing people to become Atheists. The government fears religious groups because of a history of revolts, it has NOTHING to do with turning people in Atheists. Perhaps it is you who needs to bone up on reading comprehension. It never says you can't worship in private, which is actually what all religions should do. It was actually this mythical Jesus dude that suggested people worship in private.
The first article you posted said nothing about the suppression of religion, so I don't know what you hoped to accomplish there.
I do thank you for submitting an article that demonstrated how poisonous religion really is, the Taiping rebellion where the leader thought he was God and attempted to spread Christianity throughout China.
Well stated.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perzackly.
The singularity was lit up to form this universe. Energy was directed through it. The blown up balloon resulting has blocked our view of that source. We became a branch. There is still a link, but you can't see it for the clutter.
Jesus!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the drama of the whole thing. You are not a minority, and I am for religious freedom. I don't take atheist word for it that they are for religious freedom therefore I won't vote for one, that is a far cry from baking them. Perhaps you would prefer to be baked, oh whatever.
Same dude. I don't take the blacks word that they are against anglo saxon genocide, so I don't vote for them. I mean, they're black, so obviously they want to get rid of all white people.

That's how life works, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

631 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 min Jim Justice 115,436
passing by 1 min passing by 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Insults Are Easier 256,802
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Robert F 533,189
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Stilgar Fifrawi 721,830
Nine Eleven 35 min passing by 37
not happy 40 min andet1987 2
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr SimmerExtreme 85
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••