Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243534 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179933 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Almost 80 thousand whining posts, youre the biggest cry baby on here, bob of quantum hate. Your inner child is wounded and its never gonna let go, right monkeys hand in the jar bob? For something that don't exist you do a lot of complaining, youre the hater, holding a grudge. In truth, the grudge is holding you, right.
Your seething hate for me, and for people like me?
Is 100% proof that your god isn't real.
If your god WAS? Why has he not prevented me from speaking?
But even worse?
By permitting YOU TO SPEAK FOR YOUR GOD?
You present a god who is pure EVIL.
And that?
Is definitive proof your god isn't real.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179934 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> No breedbate , im laughing at you, mommas bitter little boy, bwhahahaha
How very Jesus of you.

Did you learn to be such an azzhole from reading the bible?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#179935 Oct 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
And the **only** cure? Facts.
It's a shame you don't have any of those handy.
You know? Facts that would prove your god is real?
I think you have Catcher1 confused with somebody else, Bob.

It happens.

Catcher1 is an atheist.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#179936 Oct 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Eat your Wheaties, big boy. You are coming across as pretty weak lately.
I don't have a problem with regularity, Dave, however, I'd recommend you increase your daily intake of dietary fiber.

You seem a little full of yourself.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179937 Oct 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have Catcher1 confused with somebody else, Bob.
It happens.
Catcher1 is an atheist.
???

Are you sure? I did get some negative stuff from him, in response to a few posts I did a couple of days ago-- the negative was god-laced.

If he was being sarcastic or I misunderstood, then I will apologize.

I would swear I saw him post god-positive stuff the other day.
Bongo

Old Bethpage, NY

#179938 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>Your seething hate for me, and for people like me?
Is 100% proof that your god isn't real.
If your god WAS? Why has he not prevented me from speaking?
But even worse?
By permitting YOU TO SPEAK FOR YOUR GOD?
You present a god who is pure EVIL.
And that?
Is definitive proof your god isn't real.
Why prevent you, you prove him daily and you will at some point be an example of what becomes of the wicked. Gods word speaks for him, that's why you hate it so much. apostate bob
Bongo

Old Bethpage, NY

#179939 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
???
Are you sure? I did get some negative stuff from him, in response to a few posts I did a couple of days ago-- the negative was god-laced.
bwhahaha you are so quick to even attack your own. Your whole life is a benedict Arnold. Thanks for being a good proof of Jesus. Who else would spew 80 thousand posts of vitriol against something that doesn't exist. He does and you fear that very much. Not matter how much you try mr seeksorrow, you cant anti process God.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#179940 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
???
She was probably pulling your leg.

Since: Sep 10

San Jose, CA

#179941 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
More than one time, you tried to threaten me with torture.
I would call that hate-speech, no matter how "pure" your intentions.
Since you cannot show you **are** a Genuine Messenger from God™?
I can only take you at your face value:**YOU** were intending to be the instrument of my torture.
Of course, I dismissed your threat as yet another empty promise.
But the fact remains?
YOU WERE WILLING TO SEE ME TORTURED TO SOOTHE YOUR EGO.
That's hate, bub.
I think you must have me confused with another poster.

Location hidden

#179942 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
???
Yep, I'm pretty sure. Well, I know he's not a Christian. Whether he's atheist or agnostic, I really don't know. I haven't asked.

San Jose, CA

#179943 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.
And the **only** cure? Facts.
It's a shame you don't have any of those handy.
You know? Facts that would prove your god is real?
Now I know you have me wrong.

I have no god, nor have I ever believed in a god or in anything supernatural.

San Jose, CA

#179944 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
???
I don't recall posting to you at all.

The Carchar fellow perhaps?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179945 Oct 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Same dude. I don't take the blacks word that they are against anglo saxon genocide, so I don't vote for them. I mean, they're black, so obviously they want to get rid of all white people.
That's how life works, right?
No need to worry. I don't want to get rid of you. I just would never vote for one of you. Just like you would vote for a worm meat over a good soul bearing theist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179946 Oct 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The chinese government does this to protect it's own power, not out of any desire to destroy religion in the name of atheism or any such nonsense. As blacklagoon said, china has a history of popular religious uprisings, and while I don't agree with persecuting a group of people to protect one's power, it is something that all governments are guilty of.
The stuff you deny, and then you wonder why I would not vote for one of you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179947 Oct 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Luckily, we are moving past the days of religiously inspired social codes of conduct. Technically, we've shed most of the biblical moral rules long ago (stoning virgin's, etc) and are now just shedding the last bits of moral baggage.
You really crack me up. I would love to just drop you off in The Russian Federation, where you could be with like minded people. You'd be like a domestic pet released in the wild. Perhaps then you would get why we don't want your agenda here. And you know you slip onto ballets, and never break 5%, 5% ark ark humor. A atheist country is a bunch of savages fighting for a meal. Go ahead, marry a pretty woman from one of your utopias, then move in. See what happens.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#179948 Oct 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I'm pretty sure. Well, I know he's not a Christian. Whether he's atheist or agnostic, I really don't know. I haven't asked.
I'm pretty sure the Shiite and Jews as well as the Sunni , are gonna paint him as one anyway.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#179949 Oct 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall posting to you at all.
The Carchar fellow perhaps?
As Christine's sock you never know what you did anyway. Just plead Nolo contendere ...lol

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179950 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus was a man without sin and spoke uprightly. An atheist is just a an atheist but a dangerous atheist is one who was once religious. They know the scripture better than most and certainly have an agenda , biased to say the least.
Thanks to The Christian religion excepting any group of bone heads to nest under their tent. We now have Bibles that do call Jesus a zombie, and goes as far as saying you should not follow a zombie. The standard Christians have gone to make a dollar is sad. Due to some of the clergy that are bigot clergies, that are allowed to work in Florida, I am no longer a Christian. For many years I was a Christian in name only. I still do believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ, however as a whole, I think it is only one small part of The Big Picture.

Bongo, I think they are as they do believe they are. That is primates without souls. they admit this themselves, but find it offensive when soul having people accept them for their word on this issue. I love that they expect me to argue against this notion that they are sub human. Or funnier. I will get violent about it. As if I even have time to do such, if it was not against the law, to begin with.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179951 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You were formally a Christian, you are morbidly blighted. Hell hath no fury like an atheist scorned right Boob? You vehemently attack, youre no good, just a bigot, a wounded bigot. close to 80 thousand posts of vitriol, think about it , youre insane.
He is such a marsh mellow, he thinks it's cool to insult people that disagree with him, then when you strike back you are a bigot. He seeks the politically correct fairy. Bunk him worm meat are not a minority. We don't agree with their agenda, and we accept them for what they, themselves tell us they are.

Location hidden

#179952 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
He is such a marsh mellow, he thinks it's cool to insult people that disagree with him, then when you strike back you are a bigot. He seeks the politically correct fairy. Bunk him worm meat are not a minority. We don't agree with their agenda, and we accept them for what they, themselves tell us they are.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Bunk him worm meat are not a minority.
What?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Patrick Daniels 596,758
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min ChromiuMan 856,043
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 8 min Paul Porter1 1,470
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 26 min copout 221,824
The MOST EVIL human acts OF ALL TIME 37 min andet1987 8
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min I Am No One_ 444,377
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 47 min sangili karuppan 7,344
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 57 min Bella Italia 612,655
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr dGo nmeDad lyHo p... 1,083
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Henry_Joseph 177,230
More from around the web