Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256648 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179852 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I have previously explained the reasons I won't vote for an Atheist.
You are exactly like the Nazis, who declares atheists were sub-human and worthy of the gas chambers.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179853 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't prove it to you, you are only 2/3 human
You are **exactly** like the Nazis, who said the same thing about the Jews.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#179854 Oct 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
The government appears to regard the Falun Dafa as the most serious threat to the government since the 1989 student uprising. The government has historical reasons for their fear. China has had a history of religious and spiritual uprisings that had catastrophic effects on the country. "In the late 1770s, the White Lotus rebellion against the Qing dynasty was led by Wang Lun, a master of martial arts and herbal medicine." 2 Perhaps the most serious was the Taiping rebellion of 1845-1864 which was led by a leader who viewed himself as the Son of God. Some 20 million died in that revolt.
You've bee exposed once again as a liar. None of these articles you posted said anything about the Chinese Government forcing people to become Atheists. The government fears religious groups because of a history of revolts, it has NOTHING to do with turning people in Atheists. Perhaps it is you who needs to bone up on reading comprehension. It never says you can't worship in private, which is actually what all religions should do. It was actually this mythical Jesus dude that suggested people worship in private.
The first article you posted said nothing about the suppression of religion, so I don't know what you hoped to accomplish there.
I do thank you for submitting an article that demonstrated how poisonous religion really is, the Taiping rebellion where the leader thought he was God and attempted to spread Christianity throughout China.
Well stated.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#179855 Oct 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perzackly.
The singularity was lit up to form this universe. Energy was directed through it. The blown up balloon resulting has blocked our view of that source. We became a branch. There is still a link, but you can't see it for the clutter.
Jesus!

Location hidden

#179856 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the drama of the whole thing. You are not a minority, and I am for religious freedom. I don't take atheist word for it that they are for religious freedom therefore I won't vote for one, that is a far cry from baking them. Perhaps you would prefer to be baked, oh whatever.
Same dude. I don't take the blacks word that they are against anglo saxon genocide, so I don't vote for them. I mean, they're black, so obviously they want to get rid of all white people.

That's how life works, right?

Location hidden

#179857 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why there is no worm meat going for high office. You sort run and get less than a percent of the vote, we don't want you, nor need you. It'll be a sad day a sub-human gets respect in the American political world. Thank God that day is not coming.
Really? This is really how you think? And you're worried about atheists disrespecting your freedom of belief?

I mean, I have my disagreements with religious people, but I never think of them as anything less than human. You, on the other hand, are a bitter lunatic. The most troubling thing is that I fear a lot of people think like you.

Location hidden

#179858 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read after your claim that Chinese do not force people to be atheist. One tall glass of shut the **** up coming up.
http://wisdomquarterly.blogspot.com/2008/08/c...
http://www.chinamedia.com/news/2011/11/09/bei...
http://www.religioustolerance.org/rt_china.ht...
Now say something stupid to further show you lack of reading comprehension and your inability to admit you are wrong. Honestly, that was the most stuuuuuppppppiiiddd statement I have read, and I have read little red bobbing hood's post here.
The chinese government does this to protect it's own power, not out of any desire to destroy religion in the name of atheism or any such nonsense. As blacklagoon said, china has a history of popular religious uprisings, and while I don't agree with persecuting a group of people to protect one's power, it is something that all governments are guilty of.

Location hidden

#179859 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a person's but it does form what is socially acceptable. You don't believe those that tell you religion did save them. I can't help you with that detail.
Luckily, we are moving past the days of religiously inspired social codes of conduct. Technically, we've shed most of the biblical moral rules long ago (stoning virgin's, etc) and are now just shedding the last bits of moral baggage.

Location hidden

#179860 Oct 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between being spiritual and being religious. Religion is following the herd. So is being a Topix atheist and denial of the spiritual nature of man because they read it in a book. Both are blinded by the light and their pride.
I would think the creative force is big enough to accept many different beliefs of what it was, as long as it is acknowledged to exist.
Of course dave, of course an infinite, universe spanning being of unfathomable intelligence is obviously going to be a petty asshole. Of course it would care deeply about whether each individual believed in it, and become deeply offended to the point of instituting a system of eternal torture for those creations that slight it.

It's funny - you always try to portray yourself as a "rebel," as someone who thinks for himself and doesn't follow the herd; and yet you cling to the most baffling piece of christian dogma. But, I assume you inferred this little "rule" on your own, correct? Perhaps while communing with this great being one on one?

Location hidden

#179861 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I have previously explained the reasons I won't vote for an Atheist. I believe their anti-religious mannerism will lead to thought police. Starting with banding religions will progress for the worse. USSR, China and North Korea are no accident. I don't see why I should wish to take part in a Western civilization experiment. Giving what I read here, you long for the day you could open your retraining camps. I am sure you'll have a more colorful name for it. I'll die before I meet you in room 101.
You're a nutjob. Just can't let that persecution complex go right? Even if your persecution must be relegated to the realm of your perverse fantasies.

China/USSR, and north korea are not case studies for atheist rule. They are case studies for a particular type of communism - the kind where a charismatic leader is elevated to a position of near deity-hood in the minds of the party members/citizens. In other words, it is indicative of what happens when a corrupt party or ruler sees a threat to it's power.

Location hidden

#179862 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but this is too complicated for the worm meat to understand. They are fixed to it just being them and Christians.
You need to increase your reading comprehension skills.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#179863 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read after your claim that Chinese do not force people to be atheist. One tall glass of shut the **** up coming up.
http://wisdomquarterly.blogspot.com/2008/08/c...
http://www.chinamedia.com/news/2011/11/09/bei...
http://www.religioustolerance.org/rt_china.ht...
Now say something stupid to further show you lack of reading comprehension and your inability to admit you are wrong. Honestly, that was the most stuuuuuppppppiiiddd statement I have read, and I have read little red bobbing hood's post here.
Idiot.

What do you know about China? Have you lived there?

What?

You should probably STFU about things that your ignorant of.

I'm just sayin or else be judged by people that do know.

"He's an idiot"

No, he's just ignorant.

"No, he's an idiot"

Eh, you're right.
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#179864 Oct 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You are exactly like the Nazis, who declares atheists were sub-human and worthy of the gas chambers.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#179865 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I have previously explained the reasons I won't vote for an Atheist. I believe their anti-religious mannerism will lead to thought police. Starting with banding religions will progress for the worse. USSR, China and North Korea are no accident. I don't see why I should wish to take part in a Western civilization experiment. Giving what I read here, you long for the day you could open your retraining camps. I am sure you'll have a more colorful name for it. I'll die before I meet you in room 101.
Jesus was a man without sin and spoke uprightly. An atheist is just a an atheist but a dangerous atheist is one who was once religious. They know the scripture better than most and certainly have an agenda , biased to say the least.

Location hidden

#179866 Oct 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
"He's an idiot"
No, he's just ignorant.
"No, he's an idiot"
Eh, you're right.
Seconded.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#179867 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHWB
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#179868 Oct 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You were formally a Christian, you are morbidly blighted. Hell hath no fury like an atheist scorned right Boob? You vehemently attack, youre no good, just a bigot, a wounded bigot. close to 80 thousand posts of vitriol, think about it , youre insane.

Location hidden

#179869 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus was a man without sin and spoke uprightly. An atheist is just a an atheist but a dangerous atheist is one who was once religious. They know the scripture better than most and certainly have an agenda , biased to say the least.
Haha. How little confidence do you have in your faith and your belief system? A former christian is dangerous if they know some scripture? Why, because they are good at pointing out the absurdities, contradictions, and moral hogwash found on every single page?

Shouldn't a belief system be open to criticism? Aren't opposing viewpoints good? Why do you insist on insulating your mind and the minds of your fellow believers? Worried what might happen if you step outside the echo chamber and think about it too much? If you had true faith and you were truly comfortable with your belief system, you would not be worried about someone who knows their scripture, of all things.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#179870 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus was a man without sin and spoke uprightly. An atheist is just a an atheist but a dangerous atheist is one who was once religious. They know the scripture better than most and certainly have an agenda , biased to say the least.
Jesus who?

Jesus the immigrant?

Jesus the criminal who got nailed to lumber because he was a criminal?

Jesus fuckinchristonascooter?

Hi Bongo.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#179871 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You were formally a Christian, you are morbidly blighted. Hell hath no fury like an atheist scorned right Boob? You vehemently attack, youre no good, just a bigot, a wounded bigot. close to 80 thousand posts of vitriol, think about it , youre insane.
Formally?

How are you formally a Christian?

What does it take? Knee pads? A furtive glance? Snakes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Dr Banonator 65,110
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min Steve III 45,318
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Toby 974,015
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Regina 654,670
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Toby 862
Romantic Sensual Touch Massage & Prostate Massage 1 hr Zara AUH 10
People should start looking after the earth 1 hr T rules 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 281,980
More from around the web