Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
172,281 - 172,300 of 224,191 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, go do your laundry, and use soap this time.
You did not explain why there are 40,000 DIFFERENT flavors of "christian".

Why is that?

Each flavor claims to be THE ONE AND ONLY.

Yet? There are more than 40,000 and the number keeps going UP.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what God could've done to Hitler to prevent WW2
There were quite a number of assassination attempts-- any one of those would have succeeded if just the right chance events had worked out.

But your god?

Stood idly by-- ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN.

But it is WORSE than that: Hitler was a painter before he became a politician.

He frequently (in his younger days) stood on the top of ladders-- a little crack in the wood? And Hitler dies an unknown.

Did your god do THAT?

Nope: your god stood IDLY BY, allowing it to happen.

YOUR GOD IS 100% RESPONSIBLE.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
God didnít stop Cain from killing his brother Able. Men have had the power to make war and always have.
Then?

Your god is not ALL POWERFUL, is he?

If mere MEN can THWART HIS "PLANS"?

That means your god is ...

... just a janitor... a caretaker...

... AND NOTHING MORE.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, go do your dishes, and for crying out loud do something about all those roaches.
Stop.
Either your god is IN CHARGE or your god IS NOT.
If he IS?
HE COULD EASILY HAVE PREVENTED WW2 in the FIRST place.
If not?
He's not a god.
WHICH IS IT?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer your 8 questions, from post #179508 on page 8616 . Again, I all ready know you are not respectfully asking these questions. I have all ready noted your are soulless, therefore your condescending comments only displays your sub human ways.
1) An energy that travels as it wishes, frequently choosing to host a human body
That's not energy--that is magic bullshyt. So right at the beginning you start with the bullsht.

Proof of this "magic"? No?

The rest of your bull is dismissed unread.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but math is the language we use to help us understand the world. We calculate the energy in a consistent way and we find that the results of that calculation are the same for different times. In other words, that computed quantity is conserved. The same works for momentum, angular momentum, charge, etc. For each, there are set ways to convert observations into calculations. And we find that the results of the calculations are consistent.
If you want to understand the universe, you need the language of mathematics.
Not really, Poly. You only need the language to read your Holy Mathematical Scriptures.

Energy is a something "physical". All you are presenting are math equations. Energy is a fuel.

In the real physical world heat is generated when a load is placed upon a force. What has "energy", but has zero heat?

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I love you calling someone a ____bot, you who proudly stated you will respond to my every post. It is stunning how stupid you are. OK now respond wormmeatbot
Are you seriously scared of typing the letters god?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>

6) people like yourself would never cooperate for such experiment. as clearly seen here you people have no respect for sciences that say we do have souls, and I won't waste my time posting them
never know,
What scientific experiment can prove souls existence?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but math is the language we use to help us understand the world. We calculate the energy in a consistent way and we find that the results of that calculation are the same for different times. In other words, that computed quantity is conserved. The same works for momentum, angular momentum, charge, etc. For each, there are set ways to convert observations into calculations. And we find that the results of the calculations are consistent.
If you want to understand the universe, you need the language of mathematics.
Indeed, without some math we could never understand how big or small anything ever was.
Bongo

Holbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that famous Christian misanthropy.
Everything that exists or happens is to the credit or shame of any omniscient, omnipotent creator. Is your god that?
Stop excusing your god's failures. He screwed up making the angels, he screwed up making man, and he screwed up when he tried to correct that screw up using the same breeding stock.
But Gods failures are better than the greatness of mortal man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> But Gods failures are better than the greatness of mortal man.
Gods failures are the basis of all human understanding.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods failures are the basis of all human understanding.
If there were an all-powerful god, then there would be neither god-successes nor god-failures; there would simple be god actions since everything would be done exactly as decried without possibility of deviation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were an all-powerful god, then there would be neither god-successes nor god-failures; there would simple be god actions since everything would be done exactly as decried without possibility of deviation.
You forget where god lives.

In the mind of those who believe.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You forget where god lives.
In the mind of those who believe.
Nice reminder.

But, I just made a simple If... then... statement.

Speaking of god-failures and god-successes is a pretty clear human projection. The only failures or successes are the ones where a believer's value system (arrogance?) passes some sort of judgemnt on events.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> But Gods failures are better than the greatness of mortal man.
Nope.

You?

You are a FINE example of God's "Success"...

... and you are a horrid and hate-filled example of bigotry.

So, I would say even your god's "success" was a miserable failure.

If **you** are an example of the species, that is...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.

And that's proof enough, that there are no such things as gods.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what God could've done to Hitler to prevent WW2
Nothing. God doesn't exist.
Bongo

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
You?
You are a FINE example of God's "Success"...
... and you are a horrid and hate-filled example of bigotry.
So, I would say even your god's "success" was a miserable failure.
If **you** are an example of the species, that is...
How much hate could I have? God already foretold what happens to reprobates and unbelievers. don't hate the messenger because you hate the message.
Bongo

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing. God doesn't exist.
fibber, one legged atheist lesbian female fibber
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Letís see here, you live in Boston, right? And Boston was the scene of a terrorist act in which women, children, and good family men were killed by terrorist. Not to mention all those that were permanently injured.
"Good people will do GOOD things, evil people will do EVIL things, but to get a GOOD person to do EVIL things.....that takes religion."
If Iím reading you right Doctor. You are saying good people performed terrorist acts in the name of religion?
I donít think that comment will fly with your neighbors in Boston. Nor will it have merit with the 99.8% of the American population.
Too bad that didnít happen in Texas. Because your home boy Dzhokhar Tsarnaev would be facing the death penalty with a sterile needle. Then his body dumped in the dumpster in the back of the prison.
Holy shit, really? How many of those who flew the plane into the WTC were good men until religion poisoned their minds? Do you think they were born evil? Don't you think the promise of 700 virgins just might have made their decision a little easier?
There are many good people who behave horribly because of religion. The people that belong to the Westboro Baptist Church probably are loving parents, treat each other with dignity and respect, on every other level are most likely pillars for the community, but religion has poisoned their minds against homosexuals to the point were they force their way into the funerals for those killed in action holding signs that say..."THANK GOD FOR IED'S. The hatred they have for homosexuals is fueled every sunday by Rev, Felps.
The people who shoot doctors at abortion clinics where not born as murderers, religion saw to that.
We have a former President, a war hero, one of the bravest men ever, a good man, but because of religion he feels that Atheists should not be allowed to vote and do not deserve to be citizens of this country. I won't even go into that dark religiously inspired period called the Inquisition.
Your point is feeble, you pick one incident, a terrorists bombing by what you would consider bad men. They weren't always bad, religion made then do what they did. Once again "To get a good amn to do bad things, that takes religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

705 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Krackerjacks 115,116
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Holy dr Shrink 599,074
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min dirty white boy- 720,560
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Regina 532,798
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min lisw 172,402
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Charlie Sheen 256,524
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 34 min Naveen kumar 4,804
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Reshi 76
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••