Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,614)

Showing posts 172,261 - 172,280 of223,005
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

The truth will set you free

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop.
Either your god is IN CHARGE or your god IS NOT.
If he IS?
HE COULD EASILY HAVE PREVENTED WW2 in the FIRST place.
If not?
He's not a god.
WHICH IS IT?
Tell me what God could've done to Hitler to prevent WW2

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to have a different point of view, God has other reasons if you hadn't noticed.
And why in the world do you think God will fix something over night.
Man, Judgement day is going to be good.
Yes, I'm sure you'll be bringing popcorn to pop on the fires of hell...

Again, such a creepy religion you follow...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn’t stop Cain from killing his brother Able. Men have had the power to make war and always have.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop.
Either your god is IN CHARGE or your god IS NOT.
If he IS?
HE COULD EASILY HAVE PREVENTED WW2 in the FIRST place.
If not?
He's not a god.
WHICH IS IT?
Bob, go do your dishes, and for crying out loud do something about all those roaches.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Good argument, but let me tell you this.
Do you think God can just end WW2 over night? Do you think God can just make every gun in Germany get stuck over night? Do you think God can just make WW2 disappear and be completely forgotten over night?
"Good come to those who wait" and the reason why god can't stop everything over night, is because he created Judgement day.
If he stopped a massive event like WW2 over night, stopped AIDs in a second and completely wiped out drugs In a flash etc.
Humans will know he exists, be well prepared for Judgement day, and God wants humans to be prepared by believing in him, not because he did that amazing thing and that wonderful thing.
God gave humans a chance in the Biblical times to believe in him, after he revealed himself so many times, but still most people did not accept him as the True God.
Now it's our turn to be tested.
God does do small things all over the world, but it will be impossible to stop World crime and world insanity because those people who choose to do wrong and not ask God for help, God cannot help
So do you really think God doesn't help the Earth, take a look at Humans first before you blame God for people's mistakes and wrong decisions
You only have two choices here;

1.) Your God is omnipotent and has the power to eliminate all evil in the world

2.) Your God is NOT omnipotent and cannot eliminate all of the evil in the world.

If number one is true then you God is cruel beyond belief. He's nothing more than an immoral barbaric war lord who is unwilling to eliminate gratuitous suffering. You are more compassionate and moral than the God you worship. If you came across a someone about to be brutally murdered, and you had the power to stop such a crime without any possible harm to yourself, would you? If you saw a small child dying of starvation, would you not offer it food and drink? Would you, as a decent human being, go out of your way to assist someone in need, especially if it was of absolutely no inconvenience to you? If you can answer yes to any of these, and I'm quite sure you would, then you have just proven how much more compassionate and moral you are than the God you worship/

If number two is true, then your God is completely useless.

In my original post I never mentioned God stopping WW2, or for that matter stopping any wars. I asked why your GOD who is supposed to answer prayers, never answered those of the millions of Jews during the holocaust.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Good argument, but let me tell you this.
Do you think God can just end WW2 over night? Do you think God can just make every gun in Germany get stuck over night? Do you think God can just make WW2 disappear and be completely forgotten over night?
"Good come to those who wait" and the reason why god can't stop everything over night, is because he created Judgement day.
If he stopped a massive event like WW2 over night, stopped AIDs in a second and completely wiped out drugs In a flash etc.
Humans will know he exists, be well prepared for Judgement day, and God wants humans to be prepared by believing in him, not because he did that amazing thing and that wonderful thing.
God gave humans a chance in the Biblical times to believe in him, after he revealed himself so many times, but still most people did not accept him as the True God.
Now it's our turn to be tested.
God does do small things all over the world, but it will be impossible to stop World crime and world insanity because those people who choose to do wrong and not ask God for help, God cannot help
So do you really think God doesn't help the Earth, take a look at Humans first before you blame God for people's mistakes and wrong decisions
And here is the problem, your God DID NOT reveal himself to anyone. Oh I know there are ancient stories about someone roaming the countryside preaching about a God. This same person is said to actually be the son of God. It get even more confusing when Christian doctrine claims Jesus/God/the holy spirit are considered ONE ENTITY, but somehow separate. So I guess that means God killed himself on the cross. All very confusing. Your God wants us to believe in him and has a very important message for all of mankind, so how does he deliver this message? In ancient texts who's authorship cannot be validated and this text translated many times over. And delivered to ignorant shepherds in an isolated backwards desert region.

Now if you God was serious about revealing himself so that every man women and child would know he actually exists, the one a year emblazoned across the face of the moon would be his words. And on the next day, he would appear for all to see. But no, he keeps himself hidden for 2,000 years and relays his message with ancient texts. It's complete and utter insanity.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Hitler was a Christian as you Atheist love to proclaim.
That would mean Frank Abagnale Jr is a Airline Pilot and MD. Well at least he played the part as one. That makes him a real Doctor doesn’t it.
Kinda like Doc Adams in Gunsmoke. He was a real Medical Doctor, wasn’t he?
How about Jane Seymour, in Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman? She was a real Doctor wasn’t she?
I think you are living in a world of make believe.
Your creationist ignorance is almost award-winning. If only you could prove the god your cult instructs you to lie about here...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
God isn't real. Hitler was inspired by your cult though, so I suppose your cults'followers could have shut the f*ck up so that hitler would never have used your cult as inspiration to kill more than 6m innocent people in such a horrible way.

Every nazi belt has the words "in god we trust" on the front of it, w hich sums up how filthy and dangerous religious cults really are.

What is sad is how Christians try to lie about hitler's reasons for going to war...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Carchar King wrote:

"God does do small things all over the world, but it will be impossible to stop World crime and world insanity because those people who choose to do wrong and not ask God for help, God cannot help."

So you have just admitted that your God is NOT omnipotent. You used the word IMPOSSIBLE when making reference to your God. It is apparently IMPOSSIBLE for his to do something, that makes him/she/it NOT OMNIPOTENT. It makes the God you worship totally useless.

If you God is NOT OMNIPOTENT as you suggest then it would be impossible for him to create the universe, the Earth, humans. As your dominos begin to tumble ,you God slowly becomes an impossibility!!!! Sorry for your loss!!!!!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 2 weeks in Appalachia as suspected.
Ironic, isn't it?
I move abroad, only to find my "value", is to still work here!
Apparently our clients in Appalachia are reticent to deal w/foreigners.
It is eye candy here, Beautiful scenery.
Biblical rant recant... 10 CMD
The first 4 commandments are all cut from the same piece of cloth.
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make thee any graven images or bow down to them, and if you do I'll get you and your kids and their descendants.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the lord in vain.
4. Keep the Sabbath holy.
In essence, the first four commandments all scream that "the lord thy god" has an uneasy vanity, and like most dictators, must resort to threats, rather than intellectual persuasion, to promote a point of view. If there were an omnipotent god, can you imagine him or her being concerned if some poor little insignificant creature puttered around and made a graven image? Do you think that any god, possessing the modicum of good will you could expect to find in any neighbor, would want to punish children even "unto the third and fourth generation" because their fathers would not bow down? How can anyone not perceive the pettiness, bluster, bombast and psychotic insecurity behind the first four commandments? We are supposed to respect this!
"Honor thy father and thy mother" is the fifth commandment, and it is, of course, an extension of the authoritarian rationale behind the first four. Honor cannot be automatically bestowed by an honest intellect.
Intellectually honest people can honor only those who, in their opinion, warrant their honor. The biologic fact of fatherhood and motherhood does not in and of itself warrant honor. Until very recently parenthood was not a matter of choice.
It still is a mandatory, not optional, happening for many of the world's people. Why should any child be commanded to honor, without further basis, parents who became parents by accident--who didn't even plan to have a child? All of us know children who have been abused, beaten or neglected by their parents. What is the basis for honor there? How does the daughter honor a father who sexually molests her? Honor those who merit your honor would be a much more appropriate teaching, and if that includes your parents, great! It has been suggested that "Honor your children" would be a useful commandment.
Commandments six through nine--thou shalt not kill, commit adultery, steal or bear false witness obviously have merit, but even they need extensive revision. To kill in self-defense is regrettable, but it is certainly morally defensible, eminently sensible conduct.. So is the administration of a shot or medication that will end life for the terminally ill patient who wishes to die.
The tenth commandment, which riles the feminist blood, says: "Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbor's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbor's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or anything that is thy neighbor's." In addition to rating a wife with an ox and an ass, the bible loftily overlooks the woman who might desire her neighbor's husband. Whether one accepts the apologist's definition of covet or the more popular meaning, the tenth commandment lacks real importance.
Little in Christianity is original. Most of it is borrowed, just as the celebration of Christmas was borrowed from Roman and earlier pagan times. When the "lord" supposedly wrote his commandments on two tablets of stone and delivered them to Moses (Deut. 5:22), he was only aping Bacchus, Zoroaster and Minos.
Nice to have you back on the threads. Hope you enjoy your two weeks.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like you're American when you go into the bathroom, but while you're in the bathroom European?
Himalayan when he goes into the bedroom.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
Carchar King wrote:
"God does do small things all over the world, but it will be impossible to stop World crime and world insanity because those people who choose to do wrong and not ask God for help, God cannot help."
So you have just admitted that your God is NOT omnipotent. You used the word IMPOSSIBLE when making reference to your God. It is apparently IMPOSSIBLE for his to do something, that makes him/she/it NOT OMNIPOTENT. It makes the God you worship totally useless.
If you God is NOT OMNIPOTENT as you suggest then it would be impossible for him to create the universe, the Earth, humans. As your dominos begin to tumble ,you God slowly becomes an impossibility!!!! Sorry for your loss!!!!!
Its hard to criticise creationist's logic - they don't really understand how it works or follow any of it themselves.

Its better to assume that anything a creationist writes is equivalent to that of a barely literate mad person, worked out how to use a keyboard.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
Yip, Humans are so good. It's God's fault we choose to rape. It's God's fault that Hitler decided to kill 6million Jews. It's god's fault that Humans choose to poach Animals. It's even God's fault that Humans choose to do wrong. Stop blaming God for what Humans do wrong.

There's that famous Christian misanthropy.

Everything that exists or happens is to the credit or shame of any omniscient, omnipotent creator. Is your god that?

Stop excusing your god's failures. He screwed up making the angels, he screwed up making man, and he screwed up when he tried to correct that screw up using the same breeding stock.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Now define energy. Just what is energy is? Not the math thingy, but the real thingy.
Sorry, but math is the language we use to help us understand the world. We calculate the energy in a consistent way and we find that the results of that calculation are the same for different times. In other words, that computed quantity is conserved. The same works for momentum, angular momentum, charge, etc. For each, there are set ways to convert observations into calculations. And we find that the results of the calculations are consistent.

If you want to understand the universe, you need the language of mathematics.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>When anyone posts something that is evidence for a claim it IS meaningful. You are too funny in your refusal to post anything at all that could be considered evidence. First you say it would be a waste of your time, then it's I won't be able to comprehend this evidence, its one failure after another. You can't even define what this soul thing is. You have it but others don't. I'll ask you some very simple questions, and I'll bet you either refuse to answer them or, you are unable. I'll choose UNABLE.
1.) Define in simple terms exactly what constitutes a soul.
2.) Is this soul a physical part of our, or yours anyway, body?
3.) Are we all born with a soul?
4.) If not born with a soul, what is the procedure for acquiring one?
5.) Why do you have a soul and others do not?
6.) For those without a soul, in what way are they different?
7.) Is there a significant advantage to having a soul over not having one? What are those advantages?
8.) Once you have a soul can you ever lose it? If so how?
Now I'll sit back and wait for your twisting and turning every which way in order to avoid answering these very simple questions
I will answer your 8 questions, from post #179508 on page 8616 . Again, I all ready know you are not respectfully asking these questions. I have all ready noted your are soulless, therefore your condescending comments only displays your sub human ways.
1) An energy that travels as it wishes, frequently choosing to host a human body
2) yes, an energy with in you
3) No, unless you want to call many people a liar
4) the soul enters the pregnant woman, some have reported dream.
5) Just not enough energy to support all of the universes intelligent life.
6) people like yourself would never cooperate for such experiment. as clearly seen here you people have no respect for sciences that say we do have souls, and I won't waste my time posting them
7) The soul lives another life after this life
8) I do think that is possible

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you post your real name, address and phone number ?
Goddam Hypocrite!
I post my real name but there are those that were involved with current events here at topix, that have accused me of being a fame seeker. I take current events more serious than worm meat. AND! I did not call anyone a coward.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
How wrong and yet another godbot lie, truly expected.
You are the one who LIED, you are the one who insulted the memory of my grandfather for no other selfish and cowardly reason than the hope of gaining yourself extra god points
Do you actually realise how STUPID and deliberately ignorant making such lies in public reflects on you?
I love you calling someone a ____bot, you who proudly stated you will respond to my every post. It is stunning how stupid you are. OK now respond wormmeatbot

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot prove anything to a person not willing and able to be convinced by a proof. It is necessary that you be able to understand the proof, which is why I could not prove the Pythagorean theorem to toddler, and that you be willing to be convinced by compelling evidence supported by a compelling argument, which is why Christians reject proofs of their god's nonexistence.
For example, it's easy to demonstrate to an open mind that no omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent god exists to watch over us and protect us. The human condition rules out that possibility. If there are gods, they either don't know us, can't help us, or don't care enough to do so. Only people committed to believing otherwise reject such an argument.
Want more? Of course you don't. But here it is anyway:
Perfection doesn't allow for change, since either the before or after state would have been less than perfect. You cant change the shape of a perfectly straight line or perfect circle without making it imperfect. Likewise, a perfect god couldn't create anything or even think anything without losing perfection.
Here's more evidence of your god's nonexistence:
If your god existed, it wouldn't tolerate blasphemy, its church wouldn't be withering away, it couldn't have been expelled from grade schools, its intelligent designs would be unmistakeable, the bible's creation myth wouldn't have been so incorrect, and there would be only one religion, which wouldn't even be recognized as religion - just more science.
Don't you think that it's a little insincere for faith based thinkers to argue about proof since evidence and proof are of little interest to them? They don't require it of the things they believe, and when the evidence contradicts those faith based beliefs, they ignore it. What else do we have to offer to prove anything apart from evidence and reason to which the closed mind is as impervious as Superman is to bullets? How can even that which is provable be proven to such a mind?
"Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt.”- Mike Huben
I am not a Christian. Your post just shows good reason for people to never vote for an atheist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this one of your gifts or fruits of the spirit - the ability to discern what motivates people that you suggest are unable to do the same regarding your motivations?
<quoted text>
Why do you hate atheists?
[I think that I must just have gotten the gift myself.]
I don't hate you, I just would never vote for your political agenda. It's a free country, you are entitled to your freedom of religion. With enough control of the government, I don't believe you would afford us such freedoms.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Oh how Jesus of you.

You BORE FALSE WITNESS to me, in a vain attempt to silence me.

You cannot REFUTE my arguments.

So you stoop to lies instead.

How Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 172,261 - 172,280 of223,005
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

554 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Godspeakinginmydreamslol 715,811
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 529,603
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Strength and Honor 171,383
Illuminati World Order 10 min new world man 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min Gray 114,518
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 19 min Mandela 36,375
Food Addictions Coach: Is this the new wave of ... 20 min The Addictions Coach 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Charlie Sheen 255,503
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr blueberry 57
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••