Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,612)

Showing posts 172,221 - 172,240 of216,508
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never--ever said I was molested. And I haven't.
That was just you-- fantasizing again.
Do you really get off on fantasizing about molesting kids? I ask, since you keep bringing it up so often.
<quoted text>
Post a link to this alleged post-- you can't because you are 100% lying here.
You are just confusing your FANTASIZES with reality.
You are one sick f7ck.
No question you did post it, otherwise how would you turn a clergy into a Priest, you gave yourself away to anyone that has a reading comprehension above 5th grade level. That is why you were stupid enough to do it.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness for that, at least we have something to be thankful for – who the fook would want such a yellow bellied coward as you anyway?
How could anyone that post under a hidden location call someone a coward. I doubt very much that is your real name. You have to be without a soul.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Firts they are told by the republicans to shut everything down and when they do that republicans whine and complain

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you reinforce my observations.
Yes, things are more complicated than you can grasp. I can understand your need to keep things very simple.
Dave I am laughing at you not him. this person has all ready proved she does not have a 3rd grade reading comprehension, and now you post this. Were you disappointed?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Yip, Humans are so good. It's God's fault we choose to rape.
In contrast? If your typical human stumbles upon a rape-about-to-happen?

Your typical human will do whatever he or she can, to stop the rape from happening.

Let's contrast this with your do-nothing god, who sits idly by and allows the rape to proceed.

What is even worse? Your hideous god KNEW IN ADVANCE that the rape was going to take place-- and COULD have sent a warning to the victim, PREVENTING THE RAPE COMPLETELY.

But nooooooo your god would rather watch-- and likely get his jollies as the woman screams in pain, agony and fear.

Your god?

Sick.
Carchar king wrote:
It's God's fault that Hitler decided to kill 6million Jews.
It most certainly IS.

Your god **could** have facilitated the several attempts to STOP HITLER before he gained power.

But nooooooo your god sat idly by, eating popcorn, no doubt delighting with each and every scream.

Your god? A monster, by which all others pale in comparison.
Carchar king wrote:
It's god's fault that Humans choose to poach Animals.
Yep. Your god **could** have made humans who didn't do that... but nooooooo
Carchar king wrote:
It's even God's fault that Humans choose to do wrong.
Stop blaming God for what Humans do wrong.
I blame your hideous god for NOT STOPPING the wrong.

A HUMAN?

WOULD STOP THE WRONG IF THEY COULD.

Your god?

Does...

.... nothing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be related to a Chimp, now I see you have the memory of one too.
I have an excellent memory. You? You actually confuse your own ugly fantasizes of torture and pedophilia with reality itself.

You are one sick f8ck.

POST A LINK OR YOU ARE LYING.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No question you did post it,

You are one sick f78ck.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave I am laughing at you not him. this person has all ready proved she does not have a 3rd grade reading comprehension, and now you post this. Were you disappointed?

You are one sick f8ck.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Yip, Humans are so good. It's God's fault we choose to rape. It's God's fault that Hitler decided to kill 6million Jews. It's god's fault that Humans choose to poach Animals.
It's even God's fault that Humans choose to do wrong.
Stop blaming God for what Humans do wrong.
I dont,gods not real..
however
IF god made ALL he made Evil people also,,so ALL bad stuff would be gods fault.

I doubt youre inteligent enough to comprehend this though...
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Affirmative. First off I am not the torchbearer of souls. I know there is no way in 3900 characters I could convince you, you have a soul. You tell me you don't and I take your word for it. I know I do have one, and I don't give a rat's ass if you believe me. You are only making a mockery of yourself.
Projection ,,
Google it
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The real reason you are not going away is because you have no life. I know you could do this forever and will, as if you would ever have something better to do. You have no clue how stupid someone would be to take you seriously.
Projection ,,again

LLLLLL
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you will find that in the majority of these African nations ravaged by war that the population are very devout believers in god.
For the most part the christian god or the Moslim god. Oh wait a moment, it’s the same god, the god of Abraham
You bring up a good point. Christianity has grown in Africa since the 1900‘s. Lumping in Christians in the same category as Muslims works for Atheist. In reality it’s like trying to mix oil and water.

Africa today has 54 countries. Most of the continent remains unstable due to terrorism by radical extremist particularly of the Muslim Faith. We have had our share of radical terrorism right here in the United States. But Africa is a hot bed of terrorism which seems to be growing because governments aren’t able to keep them in check.

Rest assure that Atheist are no safer in these countries than visiting Christian Missionaries. The only difference is they may use a dull knife cutting the head off an Atheist versus using a sharp one on a Christian.

But to the question Bob asked. God is not a micro-manager. He allows mankind to govern himself and that goes all the way from major governments to each of us individuals. So why does God allow this to happen and that to happen?

If you ever get the chance to work for a micro manager on your job you should at least one time. Micro managers are terribly inefficient and end up costing companies in the bottom line.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
MEANINGFUL! Seriously? Nothing anyone post here is meaningful. You want me to post this essay I spend a few hours, in research to put together. On a topic, I really think you have no interest in, and you have clearly displayed that. In the end you wouldn't even have the reading comprehension to get what is being said, and if you did you'd be too bull headed to admit I was correct. I could not think of a bigger waste of time. I told you right from the start, I can't help you. On top of all this, I do believe you when you tell me you have no soul.
When anyone posts something that is evidence for a claim it IS meaningful. You are too funny in your refusal to post anything at all that could be considered evidence. First you say it would be a waste of your time, then it's I won't be able to comprehend this evidence, its one failure after another. You can't even define what this soul thing is. You have it but others don't. I'll ask you some very simple questions, and I'll bet you either refuse to answer them or, you are unable. I'll choose UNABLE.

1.) Define in simple terms exactly what constitutes a soul.

2.) Is this soul a physical part of our, or yours anyway, body?

3.) Are we all born with a soul?

4.) If not born with a soul, what is the procedure for acquiring one?

5.) Why do you have a soul and others do not?

6.) For those without a soul, in what way are they different?

7.) Is there a significant advantage to having a soul over not having one? What are those advantages?

8.) Once you have a soul can you ever lose it? If so how?

Now I'll sit back and wait for your twisting and turning every which way in order to avoid answering these very simple questions
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Why would I support militant Atheist billboard campaigns?

There has been a resent kickback from religious groups responding to Atheist. Messages on Billboards in California and Electronic Boards in Times Square, saying,“To our Atheist Friends, Thank God you are wrong.”

Personally I think the Atheist Billboard messages in the past have been good for Christian Believers. It turns the dial up on the gas feed on the ole boiler. From low fire to high fire. Who else could get Christians all fired up more than militant Atheist?

And that’s what we’re seeing here in places like Times Square. If I was a director over Atheist marketing. I wouldn’t allow billboard signs or any newspaper incendiary adds. Because what does it do? It fires up the Christian base.

But militant Atheist think they are helping Atheism by placing billboards up. I think they (Atheist) are doing a good job motivating their opponents. And their opponents need motivation, ha, ha, ha………..

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You bring up a good point. Christianity has grown in Africa since the 1900‘s. Lumping in Christians in the same category as Muslims works for Atheist. In reality it’s like trying to mix oil and water.
Africa today has 54 countries. Most of the continent remains unstable due to terrorism by radical extremist particularly of the Muslim Faith. We have had our share of radical terrorism right here in the United States. But Africa is a hot bed of terrorism which seems to be growing because governments aren’t able to keep them in check.
Rest assure that Atheist are no safer in these countries than visiting Christian Missionaries. The only difference is they may use a dull knife cutting the head off an Atheist versus using a sharp one on a Christian.
But to the question Bob asked. God is not a micro-manager. He allows mankind to govern himself and that goes all the way from major governments to each of us individuals. So why does God allow this to happen and that to happen?
If you ever get the chance to work for a micro manager on your job you should at least one time. Micro managers are terribly inefficient and end up costing companies in the bottom line.
If your god is only doing the "big picture"?

Then there is absolutely zero reason for you to pray.

None at all-- as your god really doesn't give a shyt about little old insignificant you.

But.

You did claim that your god was ... what did you say? Oh yes, "good to you".

In short?

You think your god **micromanaged** your fate, personally.

Your inconsistency is showing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
Why would I support militant Atheist billboard campaigns?
There has been a resent kickback from religious groups responding to Atheist. Messages on Billboards in California and Electronic Boards in Times Square, saying,“To our Atheist Friends, Thank God you are wrong.”
Personally I think the Atheist Billboard messages in the past have been good for Christian Believers. It turns the dial up on the gas feed on the ole boiler. From low fire to high fire. Who else could get Christians all fired up more than militant Atheist?
And that’s what we’re seeing here in places like Times Square. If I was a director over Atheist marketing. I wouldn’t allow billboard signs or any newspaper incendiary adds. Because what does it do? It fires up the Christian base.
But militant Atheist think they are helping Atheism by placing billboards up. I think they (Atheist) are doing a good job motivating their opponents. And their opponents need motivation, ha, ha, ha………..
To address a point you made earlier:

Not all christians are the same.

Interesting.

So your god isn't the same for each different brand of "christian"?

Right?

Why?

Is it some sort of "big picture" uncaring game he's playing at?

Or?

Is it that your god simply isn't real.

That is the **only** explanation for the fractured nature of all of christianity....

... that there is no actual god behind any of it.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
How could anyone that post under a hidden location call someone a coward....
Why don't you post your real name, address and phone number ?

Goddam Hypocrite!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Silky Pants.
How 'bout that Crimson Tide, huh?
Hope we get to sacrifice some west coast team in the championship game.
Fresh sausage.
They are some kind of good.

But it's playoffs now for the national championship.

We shall see.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If your god is only doing the "big picture"?
Then there is absolutely zero reason for you to pray.
None at all-- as your god really doesn't give a shyt about little old insignificant you.
But.
You did claim that your god was ... what did you say? Oh yes, "good to you".
In short?
You think your god **micromanaged** your fate, personally.
Your inconsistency is showing.
It shant not matter what thee thinkth oh little one of the forrest. For thine words have already been tossed thru yonders window. Out into the abyss from where they come.

For I shant not be fooled by your foolery. So I do bid thee to jump thru yonders window to catch thy own pitiful words you poor inconsequential creature.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
To address a point you made earlier:
Not all christians are the same.
Interesting.
So your god isn't the same for each different brand of "christian"?
Right?
Why?
Is it some sort of "big picture" uncaring game he's playing at?
Or?
Is it that your god simply isn't real.
That is the **only** explanation for the fractured nature of all of christianity....
... that there is no actual god behind any of it.
For thy mind is misaligned and has been radically skewed. Such a pity that thy thoughts are so full of fecal stoppage. Take some strong laxatives and eat a big bowl of pinto beans that was not pre soaked. That should clear your mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 172,221 - 172,240 of216,508
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

678 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Catcher1 679,598
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min wilderide 89,430
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min yon 37,999
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 11 min RFD 380
Gay Snapchat Names 11 min Coklover14 1,300
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Adam 596,473
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 15 min Hitesrunprincess 52,483
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min Robert F 511,838
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min Pegasus 250,312
teen snapchat nudes 4 hr Anonymous 107
•••
•••
•••