Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179501 Oct 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be related to a Chimp, now I see you have the memory of one too.
I have an excellent memory. You? You actually confuse your own ugly fantasizes of torture and pedophilia with reality itself.

You are one sick f8ck.

POST A LINK OR YOU ARE LYING.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179502 Oct 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No question you did post it,

You are one sick f78ck.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179503 Oct 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave I am laughing at you not him. this person has all ready proved she does not have a 3rd grade reading comprehension, and now you post this. Were you disappointed?

You are one sick f8ck.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#179504 Oct 9, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Yip, Humans are so good. It's God's fault we choose to rape. It's God's fault that Hitler decided to kill 6million Jews. It's god's fault that Humans choose to poach Animals.
It's even God's fault that Humans choose to do wrong.
Stop blaming God for what Humans do wrong.
I dont,gods not real..
however
IF god made ALL he made Evil people also,,so ALL bad stuff would be gods fault.

I doubt youre inteligent enough to comprehend this though...
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#179505 Oct 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Affirmative. First off I am not the torchbearer of souls. I know there is no way in 3900 characters I could convince you, you have a soul. You tell me you don't and I take your word for it. I know I do have one, and I don't give a rat's ass if you believe me. You are only making a mockery of yourself.
Projection ,,
Google it
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#179506 Oct 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The real reason you are not going away is because you have no life. I know you could do this forever and will, as if you would ever have something better to do. You have no clue how stupid someone would be to take you seriously.
Projection ,,again

LLLLLL
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179507 Oct 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you will find that in the majority of these African nations ravaged by war that the population are very devout believers in god.
For the most part the christian god or the Moslim god. Oh wait a moment, it’s the same god, the god of Abraham
You bring up a good point. Christianity has grown in Africa since the 1900‘s. Lumping in Christians in the same category as Muslims works for Atheist. In reality it’s like trying to mix oil and water.

Africa today has 54 countries. Most of the continent remains unstable due to terrorism by radical extremist particularly of the Muslim Faith. We have had our share of radical terrorism right here in the United States. But Africa is a hot bed of terrorism which seems to be growing because governments aren’t able to keep them in check.

Rest assure that Atheist are no safer in these countries than visiting Christian Missionaries. The only difference is they may use a dull knife cutting the head off an Atheist versus using a sharp one on a Christian.

But to the question Bob asked. God is not a micro-manager. He allows mankind to govern himself and that goes all the way from major governments to each of us individuals. So why does God allow this to happen and that to happen?

If you ever get the chance to work for a micro manager on your job you should at least one time. Micro managers are terribly inefficient and end up costing companies in the bottom line.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#179508 Oct 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
MEANINGFUL! Seriously? Nothing anyone post here is meaningful. You want me to post this essay I spend a few hours, in research to put together. On a topic, I really think you have no interest in, and you have clearly displayed that. In the end you wouldn't even have the reading comprehension to get what is being said, and if you did you'd be too bull headed to admit I was correct. I could not think of a bigger waste of time. I told you right from the start, I can't help you. On top of all this, I do believe you when you tell me you have no soul.
When anyone posts something that is evidence for a claim it IS meaningful. You are too funny in your refusal to post anything at all that could be considered evidence. First you say it would be a waste of your time, then it's I won't be able to comprehend this evidence, its one failure after another. You can't even define what this soul thing is. You have it but others don't. I'll ask you some very simple questions, and I'll bet you either refuse to answer them or, you are unable. I'll choose UNABLE.

1.) Define in simple terms exactly what constitutes a soul.

2.) Is this soul a physical part of our, or yours anyway, body?

3.) Are we all born with a soul?

4.) If not born with a soul, what is the procedure for acquiring one?

5.) Why do you have a soul and others do not?

6.) For those without a soul, in what way are they different?

7.) Is there a significant advantage to having a soul over not having one? What are those advantages?

8.) Once you have a soul can you ever lose it? If so how?

Now I'll sit back and wait for your twisting and turning every which way in order to avoid answering these very simple questions
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179509 Oct 9, 2013
Why would I support militant Atheist billboard campaigns?

There has been a resent kickback from religious groups responding to Atheist. Messages on Billboards in California and Electronic Boards in Times Square, saying,“To our Atheist Friends, Thank God you are wrong.”

Personally I think the Atheist Billboard messages in the past have been good for Christian Believers. It turns the dial up on the gas feed on the ole boiler. From low fire to high fire. Who else could get Christians all fired up more than militant Atheist?

And that’s what we’re seeing here in places like Times Square. If I was a director over Atheist marketing. I wouldn’t allow billboard signs or any newspaper incendiary adds. Because what does it do? It fires up the Christian base.

But militant Atheist think they are helping Atheism by placing billboards up. I think they (Atheist) are doing a good job motivating their opponents. And their opponents need motivation, ha, ha, ha………..

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179510 Oct 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You bring up a good point. Christianity has grown in Africa since the 1900‘s. Lumping in Christians in the same category as Muslims works for Atheist. In reality it’s like trying to mix oil and water.
Africa today has 54 countries. Most of the continent remains unstable due to terrorism by radical extremist particularly of the Muslim Faith. We have had our share of radical terrorism right here in the United States. But Africa is a hot bed of terrorism which seems to be growing because governments aren’t able to keep them in check.
Rest assure that Atheist are no safer in these countries than visiting Christian Missionaries. The only difference is they may use a dull knife cutting the head off an Atheist versus using a sharp one on a Christian.
But to the question Bob asked. God is not a micro-manager. He allows mankind to govern himself and that goes all the way from major governments to each of us individuals. So why does God allow this to happen and that to happen?
If you ever get the chance to work for a micro manager on your job you should at least one time. Micro managers are terribly inefficient and end up costing companies in the bottom line.
If your god is only doing the "big picture"?

Then there is absolutely zero reason for you to pray.

None at all-- as your god really doesn't give a shyt about little old insignificant you.

But.

You did claim that your god was ... what did you say? Oh yes, "good to you".

In short?

You think your god **micromanaged** your fate, personally.

Your inconsistency is showing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179511 Oct 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Why would I support militant Atheist billboard campaigns?
There has been a resent kickback from religious groups responding to Atheist. Messages on Billboards in California and Electronic Boards in Times Square, saying,“To our Atheist Friends, Thank God you are wrong.”
Personally I think the Atheist Billboard messages in the past have been good for Christian Believers. It turns the dial up on the gas feed on the ole boiler. From low fire to high fire. Who else could get Christians all fired up more than militant Atheist?
And that’s what we’re seeing here in places like Times Square. If I was a director over Atheist marketing. I wouldn’t allow billboard signs or any newspaper incendiary adds. Because what does it do? It fires up the Christian base.
But militant Atheist think they are helping Atheism by placing billboards up. I think they (Atheist) are doing a good job motivating their opponents. And their opponents need motivation, ha, ha, ha………..
To address a point you made earlier:

Not all christians are the same.

Interesting.

So your god isn't the same for each different brand of "christian"?

Right?

Why?

Is it some sort of "big picture" uncaring game he's playing at?

Or?

Is it that your god simply isn't real.

That is the **only** explanation for the fractured nature of all of christianity....

... that there is no actual god behind any of it.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#179512 Oct 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
How could anyone that post under a hidden location call someone a coward....
Why don't you post your real name, address and phone number ?

Goddam Hypocrite!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#179513 Oct 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Silky Pants.
How 'bout that Crimson Tide, huh?
Hope we get to sacrifice some west coast team in the championship game.
Fresh sausage.
They are some kind of good.

But it's playoffs now for the national championship.

We shall see.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179514 Oct 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
If your god is only doing the "big picture"?
Then there is absolutely zero reason for you to pray.
None at all-- as your god really doesn't give a shyt about little old insignificant you.
But.
You did claim that your god was ... what did you say? Oh yes, "good to you".
In short?
You think your god **micromanaged** your fate, personally.
Your inconsistency is showing.
It shant not matter what thee thinkth oh little one of the forrest. For thine words have already been tossed thru yonders window. Out into the abyss from where they come.

For I shant not be fooled by your foolery. So I do bid thee to jump thru yonders window to catch thy own pitiful words you poor inconsequential creature.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179515 Oct 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
To address a point you made earlier:
Not all christians are the same.
Interesting.
So your god isn't the same for each different brand of "christian"?
Right?
Why?
Is it some sort of "big picture" uncaring game he's playing at?
Or?
Is it that your god simply isn't real.
That is the **only** explanation for the fractured nature of all of christianity....
... that there is no actual god behind any of it.
For thy mind is misaligned and has been radically skewed. Such a pity that thy thoughts are so full of fecal stoppage. Take some strong laxatives and eat a big bowl of pinto beans that was not pre soaked. That should clear your mind.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179516 Oct 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you post your real name, address and phone number ?
Goddam Hypocrite!
You first ole ye brave one in the forrest hidding among the trees.
Bongo

Greenlawn, NY

#179517 Oct 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lard ass".
Bwahahahaaa...I like that.
Nice touch, Bono.
Hows life treating you renown indigo child?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#179518 Oct 9, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about all that, Charcoal King.
But I know it's my ex-wife's fault I like to be whipped while having sex.
Just sayin'.
Now you sound like Al Bundy! xD

Was your ex a peggy, too.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#179519 Oct 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor dear. She really can't help it. She was overeducated beyond her abilities and is dependent on her "enlightenment" and intelligence provided by her social network, discussing the intricacies of existence over a cup of tea.
You think she really has a lard ass? A shame if true. I would hope she had one socially redeeming value. I confess I have been a bit mesmerized watching her display it on here so much. I just thought her head was fat.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#179520 Oct 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Lovey, the whole basis of the BBT is based upon physical phenomenon we understand. One is you don't get heat unless you have a load on an energy source. Friction is one method, which is something on the atomic level. It is even caused within the atomic level by charge displacement, which is caused by motion. The dense hot singularity? Heat is motion, though not what we call in a coherent manner. Basically it is a vibration caused by stress on atomic structure. The singularity got hot. Whatever it was got stressed out and blew a fuse. There is a circular logic to the theory.
You have the vaguest notion of what energy is. Just words you heard. Your "education" is just indoctrination by someone who stared up into the sky and told you what they think, not by your reasoning for yourself based upon what you DO know.
Define energy for us in your own words. What it is and how it came to be.
Nope you are again confused, what you are should be claiming is the BB caused energy to expand which generated heat

At the BB stage of the universe atoms did not exist so you atom analogy is irrelevant.

What gives you the impression that a singularity it hot? There is no evidence, nor given current technology can there any evidence either way. So you are guessing.

There may be a circular logic you your interpretation of the theory but not to cosmological theories.

And again you are guessing about my education because you are clueless of my education, This is a very bad habit you have, it may if course consolidate your davesworld dream but actually bares no resemblance to reality

You have asked this before and I have responded by stating that you are requesting the contents of a 3 year university course on topix. Such godbot simplistic (mis)understanding explains your confusion.

So define which energy? There are several sorts (14 that I know of) and sources (millions, billions, trillions, who knows), this appears to be where you fall down, its a concept that you are incapable of understanding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Oxbow 560,511
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dave Nelson 778,456
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 8 min lokito 11
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Ugly Truth from d... 605,347
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 29 min Just American 1,030
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min SAYS IT ALL 96,865
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 41 min WasteWater 5,160
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min WasteWater 265,472
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 hr yon 4,897
More from around the web