Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#179455 Oct 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
May Americans never be subject to atheist tolerance. Your opinion as stated, is the reason I wil never vote for an atheist.
Thank goodness for that, at least we have something to be thankful for Ė who the fook would want such a yellow bellied coward as you anyway?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#179456 Oct 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Is blacklagoon david bowie or something?
Good song though. One of the most useful things you've ever done on this forum.
Tiny Tim has even outshined loony.

Your taste in music reveals intellectual and maturation potential. You will get there in due time.

Location hidden

#179457 Oct 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have no idea do you? You actually are clueless, congratulation, you have just hit the top spot on the most stupid people I have met on here.
We are talking about E=MC^2, the fact EVERYTHING is derived from energy seems to leave you stumped on the fundamental principals by which this universe operates.
You try and add complications that only you can understand and guess what? No one actually cares about your davesworld wet dreams and rampant sexism
I love how you reinforce my observations.

Yes, things are more complicated than you can grasp. I can understand your need to keep things very simple.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179458 Oct 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>When you say you don't know someone and then proceed to discredit and belittle them its ignorance in its highest form, shame on you. He has MS and is wheelchair bound and must use a voice activated computer so I highly doubt they carry him out on poles, but you would know that had you gotten off your lazy ass and did a little research.
No your not *into* cosmology and astrology, thats obvious from you ignorant posts on both, nor are you apparently *into* any of the sciences, its no wonder you are ALWAYS speaking in ignorance when it comes to any subject that involves science. You have made no point, you have babbled on in ignorance as usual, and thinking that you have somehow made a point is further proof of you delusional mindset
Yes, music theory get into some very deep stuff, and as I remember stuff your son was completely unaware of, and probably still is
[clap, clap, clap, clap]

You got a little testy there Doc. You know what that tells me?

I got you all worked up over a freaking school mascot. At least heís not a Irish Bull Dog like some mascots.

He probably got his degree from watching Star Wars over and over. A Yoda student.

Iím sorry you have been duped by Mr. Hawkings. But your specialty is Music and not space cadets. What else could we expect.

But the way I see it you could have done worse. You could have picked Buzz Lightyear as a scientific reference.

ďTo Infinity and Beyond.Ē
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179459 Oct 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain why your god is so "good" to you, but treats kids in Africa like they were literal worm-food?
In that they are starving and die by the thousands each and every day.
What makes **YOU** so special, and THEM so worthless?(in your god's eyes, obviously)
Hmmm?
Some parts of Africa are very civilized and the populations do well.

Other parts of Africa have been ravaged by wars and mismanagement by their governments.

Men and corruption are the cause of these wars and atrocities. When nations turn away from God the outcome is never good.

By the way, when you see him, my God. You can ask him yourself about all these questions as you sit by the fire.

Psalms 50:

16. But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth?

17. Seeing thou hatest instruction, and casteth my words behind thee.

18. When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers.

19. Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit.

20. Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son.

21. These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

22. Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.

23. Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

#179460 Oct 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you reinforce my observations.
Yes, things are more complicated than you can grasp. I can understand your need to keep things very simple.
Your ďobservationsĒ of energy are limited to sticking you head in the fire. Oww hot, Oww hot, must be godmagic

Nope they are only complicated if you donít want to understand and it is becoming more obvious that you are quite happy with you head full of seagulls

#179461 Oct 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some parts of Africa are very civilized and the populations do well.
Other parts of Africa have been ravaged by wars and mismanagement by their governments.
Men and corruption are the cause of these wars and atrocities. When nations turn away from God the outcome is never good.
By the way, when you see him, my God. You can ask him yourself about all these questions as you sit by the fire.
Psalms 50:
16. But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth?
17. Seeing thou hatest instruction, and casteth my words behind thee.
18. When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers.
19. Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit.
20. Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son.
21. These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.
22. Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
23. Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.
I think you will find that in the majority of these African nations ravaged by war that the population are very devout believers in god.

For the most part the christian god or the Moslim god. Oh wait a moment, itís the same god, the god of Abraham
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#179462 Oct 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[clap, clap, clap, clap]
I got you all worked up over a freaking school mascot. At least heís not a Irish Bull Dog like some mascots.
He probably got his degree from watching Star Wars over and over. A Yoda student.
Iím sorry you have been duped by Mr. Hawkings. But your specialty is Music and not space cadets. What else could we expect.
But the way I see it you could have done worse. You could have picked Buzz Lightyear as a scientific reference.
Your ignorance is astounding. And to flout it as you do is even more ASTOUNDING!!!
Bongo

Farmingdale, NY

#179463 Oct 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ďobservationsĒ of energy are limited to sticking you head in the fire. Oww hot, Oww hot, must be godmagic
Nope they are only complicated if you donít want to understand and it is becoming more obvious that you are quite happy with you head full of seagulls
Have some respect lard ass. Dave tries to tell you the truth and you keep rejecting it to youre own ignorance .

#179464 Oct 9, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Have some respect lard ass. Dave tries to tell you the truth and you keep rejecting it to youre own ignorance .
5ft 10 and 128 lbs, so lardass does not come into it but hey you are welcome you your spiteful hatred guesswork if thatís what turns you on when you masturbate. That is a very christian trait you have there, I am sure you god is proud of you

Dave would not know a scientific fact regarding the mass/energy equivalence formula if it sat on his face and farted

Location hidden

#179465 Oct 9, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Have some respect lard ass. Dave tries to tell you the truth and you keep rejecting it to youre own ignorance .
The poor dear. She really can't help it. She was overeducated beyond her abilities and is dependent on her "enlightenment" and intelligence provided by her social network, discussing the intricacies of existence over a cup of tea.

You think she really has a lard ass? A shame if true. I would hope she had one socially redeeming value. I confess I have been a bit mesmerized watching her display it on here so much. I just thought her head was fat.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179466 Oct 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[clap, clap, clap, clap]
You need to see a doctor instead of bothering atheists with your creationist mental illness. We don't see your hallucinations or believe your lies about a non-existent god.

Save your time and ask your cult leaders for proof of the god they sent you here to lie to us about.

Location hidden

#179467 Oct 9, 2013
Bongo wrote:
Have some self respect and prove the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about.

Location hidden

#179468 Oct 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
5ft 10 and 128 lbs, so lardass does not come into it but hey you are welcome you your spiteful hatred guesswork if thatís what turns you on when you masturbate. That is a very christian trait you have there, I am sure you god is proud of you
Dave would not know a scientific fact regarding the mass/energy equivalence formula if it sat on his face and farted
Your mass/energy equivalence requires motion. That c squared thingy. That means something had to be moved to start it all. Hence the BBT. Which, BTW, is similar to the process to which you gave life and existence to your offspring.

Your view of the origination of existence as we know it, as induced into you by your peers, is the same as a robot would have after the switch was turned on.

Glad to see you aren't a lard ass if your response to Bongo is true. I can continue my fantasies about you now.

#179469 Oct 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor dear. She really can't help it. She was overeducated beyond her abilities and is dependent on her "enlightenment" and intelligence provided by her social network, discussing the intricacies of existence over a cup of tea.
You think she really has a lard ass? A shame if true. I would hope she had one socially redeeming value. I confess I have been a bit mesmerized watching her display it on here so much. I just thought her head was fat.
More godbot guesswork. I wonder why all they can ever do is guess?

Is it something to do with being clueless underachievers?

Or is it just the basic deliberately ignorant trait of the godbot

But of course, credit where itís due, your misogynistic idea of sexism is where you really excel

#179470 Oct 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Have some self respect and prove the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about.
Not a chance, he would be more accurate and truthful by telling us pigs could fly and bacon is soaring

This is the strange thing about godbots in general, they seem to think their guesses are fact and that facts are guesses. Perhaps itís a mental disability.

Location hidden

#179471 Oct 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mass/energy equivalence requires motion. That c squared thingy. That means something had to be moved to start it all. Hence the BBT. Which, BTW, is similar to the process to which you gave life and existence to your offspring.
Your view of the origination of existence as we know it, as induced into you by your peers, is the same as a robot would have after the switch was turned on.
Glad to see you aren't a lard ass if your response to Bongo is true. I can continue my fantasies about you now.
Thats enough of mentally ill creationist opinions, just prove your god now and they count.

#179472 Oct 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope - that means something had to move as a consequence of it.

The equation is E=MC^2

Not C=whatever.

Think about that, if you can.

Say what? Are you saying this universe was started with a fukk? With your god squirting his semen into the womb of a singularity? Wow that is some weird take on the big bang you have there, what have you been smoking? You are far more crazy than anyone gave you credit for. Have you seen your psychiatrist lately?

And you take the p|ss out of my view, this really is absolutely amazing. But wrongÖ my view of the universe was introduced to me (not by your guesswork but) by a thing called education, Itís a thing we have here in the UK. But of course you know this, itís what you just accused me of having too much of.

You may also use your deliberate ignorance to try taking the p|ss out of that education being reinforced by several conversations with cosmologistís and particle physicists (actually only one particle physicist, good friend of mine), not really my peers but interesting just the same but feel free to dream.

I thought you understood by now that I have no tolerance for liars and none for deliberate ignorance. Bongo score on two point there and of course this means that you can continue your perverted wet dreams

Location hidden

#179473 Oct 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope - that means something had to move as a consequence of it.
The equation is E=MC^2
Not C=whatever.
Think about that, if you can.
Say what? Are you saying this universe was started with a fukk? With your god squirting his semen into the womb of a singularity? Wow that is some weird take on the big bang you have there, what have you been smoking? You are far more crazy than anyone gave you credit for. Have you seen your psychiatrist lately?
And you take the p|ss out of my view, this really is absolutely amazing. But wrongÖ my view of the universe was introduced to me (not by your guesswork but) by a thing called education, Itís a thing we have here in the UK. But of course you know this, itís what you just accused me of having too much of.
You may also use your deliberate ignorance to try taking the p|ss out of that education being reinforced by several conversations with cosmologistís and particle physicists (actually only one particle physicist, good friend of mine), not really my peers but interesting just the same but feel free to dream.
I thought you understood by now that I have no tolerance for liars and none for deliberate ignorance. Bongo score on two point there and of course this means that you can continue your perverted wet dreams
Ms Dingaling, energy is equal to mass times c squared. No c squared, no energy. No c^2 or M, either. Right there in the formula. M=E/c^2. C^2=E/M.

Now, c is quite commonly thought to be the speed of light, by which it can be inferred some motion is involved. In fact, it can be considered an absolute requirement. Motion is required for energy to exist.

Your definition of energy is something that just is. No causation required. It is your "god", or creative force. Intelligent people go a step further in analyzing the situation and deduce something set things into motion to produce energy and its component parts.

Look up seed imbibtion. Look up the Big Bang. Both are surges of energy that cause an initial expansion, and then a settling down to business. This is something that occurs in the nature of things. For example, take a hunk of wire and pass a sudden huge charge of electricity through it. It explodes, it vaporizes. It will settle down into a different configuration when that excess energy is distributed. That is what your Big Bang is. A hot dense something, and heat is motion, that suddenly expanded spreading the heat, that motion, that then "condensed", forming smaller packets that then created your atoms, you, and your babies. Your atoms are not the gods of the universe working outwards, they are derivatives of that initial seed sprouting. Those smaller packets collecting into whirlpools put most simply. Which may explain your dizziness.

#179474 Oct 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms Dingaling, energy is equal to mass times c squared. No c squared, no energy. No c^2 or M, either. Right there in the formula. M=E/c^2. C^2=E/M.
Now, c is quite commonly thought to be the speed of light, by which it can be inferred some motion is involved. In fact, it can be considered an absolute requirement. Motion is required for energy to exist.
Your definition of energy is something that just is. No causation required. It is your "god", or creative force. Intelligent people go a step further in analyzing the situation and deduce something set things into motion to produce energy and its component parts.
Look up seed imbibtion. Look up the Big Bang. Both are surges of energy that cause an initial expansion, and then a settling down to business. This is something that occurs in the nature of things. For example, take a hunk of wire and pass a sudden huge charge of electricity through it. It explodes, it vaporizes. It will settle down into a different configuration when that excess energy is distributed. That is what your Big Bang is. A hot dense something, and heat is motion, that suddenly expanded spreading the heat, that motion, that then "condensed", forming smaller packets that then created your atoms, you, and your babies. Your atoms are not the gods of the universe working outwards, they are derivatives of that initial seed sprouting. Those smaller packets collecting into whirlpools put most simply. Which may explain your dizziness.
Ahh funny that because that is what you are implying by claiming that motion is a prerequisite. Wrong, it is a result.

The formula does not infer that motion occurred first, the formula infers that light and matter (mass) derived from energy, this I assume is down to your ignorance of conditions at the moment of the big bang. You are making assumption they were the same as they are now when in fact the conditions, the very laws that create the conditions of this universe did not begin to resolve until some tiny fraction of a second after the event.

Oh true that the constants can now be transferred across the equation however under initial conditions that transfer was impossible.

Nope, wrong again, that is your interpretation of what you think my version of energy is, we have been here before and I have shown you to be a liar and guess merchant, should we go there again?

Yes well spotted, they are NOT surges of motion that cause initial energy.

And once again you fall back on irrelevant and completely inadequate example Ė why is this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min hojo 551,005
Why do white men marry Chinese women? (Jul '08) 12 min Terrence 783
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Stilgar Fifrawi 753,795
why are most gay white and latino men bias agai... (Aug '13) 50 min David 15
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 58 min Epiphany2 602,858
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 96,465
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr i want it 1,100
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 262,098
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 7 hr Little Voice 174

Top Stories People Search