Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258490 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#179465 Oct 9, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Have some respect lard ass. Dave tries to tell you the truth and you keep rejecting it to youre own ignorance .
The poor dear. She really can't help it. She was overeducated beyond her abilities and is dependent on her "enlightenment" and intelligence provided by her social network, discussing the intricacies of existence over a cup of tea.

You think she really has a lard ass? A shame if true. I would hope she had one socially redeeming value. I confess I have been a bit mesmerized watching her display it on here so much. I just thought her head was fat.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179466 Oct 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[clap, clap, clap, clap]
You got a little testy there Doc. You know what that tells me?
I got you all worked up over a freaking school mascot. At least he’s not a Irish Bull Dog like some mascots.
He probably got his degree from watching Star Wars over and over. A Yoda student.
I’m sorry you have been duped by Mr. Hawkings. But your specialty is Music and not space cadets. What else could we expect.
But the way I see it you could have done worse. You could have picked Buzz Lightyear as a scientific reference.
“To Infinity and Beyond.”
You need to see a doctor instead of bothering atheists with your creationist mental illness. We don't see your hallucinations or believe your lies about a non-existent god.

Save your time and ask your cult leaders for proof of the god they sent you here to lie to us about.

Location hidden

#179467 Oct 9, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Have some respect lard ass. Dave tries to tell you the truth and you keep rejecting it to youre own ignorance .
Have some self respect and prove the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about.

Lamar, CO

#179468 Oct 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
5ft 10 and 128 lbs, so lardass does not come into it but hey you are welcome you your spiteful hatred guesswork if that’s what turns you on when you masturbate. That is a very christian trait you have there, I am sure you god is proud of you
Dave would not know a scientific fact regarding the mass/energy equivalence formula if it sat on his face and farted
Your mass/energy equivalence requires motion. That c squared thingy. That means something had to be moved to start it all. Hence the BBT. Which, BTW, is similar to the process to which you gave life and existence to your offspring.

Your view of the origination of existence as we know it, as induced into you by your peers, is the same as a robot would have after the switch was turned on.

Glad to see you aren't a lard ass if your response to Bongo is true. I can continue my fantasies about you now.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#179469 Oct 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor dear. She really can't help it. She was overeducated beyond her abilities and is dependent on her "enlightenment" and intelligence provided by her social network, discussing the intricacies of existence over a cup of tea.
You think she really has a lard ass? A shame if true. I would hope she had one socially redeeming value. I confess I have been a bit mesmerized watching her display it on here so much. I just thought her head was fat.
More godbot guesswork. I wonder why all they can ever do is guess?

Is it something to do with being clueless underachievers?

Or is it just the basic deliberately ignorant trait of the godbot

But of course, credit where it’s due, your misogynistic idea of sexism is where you really excel

#179470 Oct 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Have some self respect and prove the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about.
Not a chance, he would be more accurate and truthful by telling us pigs could fly and bacon is soaring

This is the strange thing about godbots in general, they seem to think their guesses are fact and that facts are guesses. Perhaps it’s a mental disability.

Location hidden

#179471 Oct 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mass/energy equivalence requires motion. That c squared thingy. That means something had to be moved to start it all. Hence the BBT. Which, BTW, is similar to the process to which you gave life and existence to your offspring.
Your view of the origination of existence as we know it, as induced into you by your peers, is the same as a robot would have after the switch was turned on.
Glad to see you aren't a lard ass if your response to Bongo is true. I can continue my fantasies about you now.
Thats enough of mentally ill creationist opinions, just prove your god now and they count.

#179472 Oct 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope - that means something had to move as a consequence of it.

The equation is E=MC^2

Not C=whatever.

Think about that, if you can.

Say what? Are you saying this universe was started with a fukk? With your god squirting his semen into the womb of a singularity? Wow that is some weird take on the big bang you have there, what have you been smoking? You are far more crazy than anyone gave you credit for. Have you seen your psychiatrist lately?

And you take the p|ss out of my view, this really is absolutely amazing. But wrong… my view of the universe was introduced to me (not by your guesswork but) by a thing called education, It’s a thing we have here in the UK. But of course you know this, it’s what you just accused me of having too much of.

You may also use your deliberate ignorance to try taking the p|ss out of that education being reinforced by several conversations with cosmologist’s and particle physicists (actually only one particle physicist, good friend of mine), not really my peers but interesting just the same but feel free to dream.

I thought you understood by now that I have no tolerance for liars and none for deliberate ignorance. Bongo score on two point there and of course this means that you can continue your perverted wet dreams

Lamar, CO

#179473 Oct 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope - that means something had to move as a consequence of it.
The equation is E=MC^2
Not C=whatever.
Think about that, if you can.
Say what? Are you saying this universe was started with a fukk? With your god squirting his semen into the womb of a singularity? Wow that is some weird take on the big bang you have there, what have you been smoking? You are far more crazy than anyone gave you credit for. Have you seen your psychiatrist lately?
And you take the p|ss out of my view, this really is absolutely amazing. But wrong… my view of the universe was introduced to me (not by your guesswork but) by a thing called education, It’s a thing we have here in the UK. But of course you know this, it’s what you just accused me of having too much of.
You may also use your deliberate ignorance to try taking the p|ss out of that education being reinforced by several conversations with cosmologist’s and particle physicists (actually only one particle physicist, good friend of mine), not really my peers but interesting just the same but feel free to dream.
I thought you understood by now that I have no tolerance for liars and none for deliberate ignorance. Bongo score on two point there and of course this means that you can continue your perverted wet dreams
Ms Dingaling, energy is equal to mass times c squared. No c squared, no energy. No c^2 or M, either. Right there in the formula. M=E/c^2. C^2=E/M.

Now, c is quite commonly thought to be the speed of light, by which it can be inferred some motion is involved. In fact, it can be considered an absolute requirement. Motion is required for energy to exist.

Your definition of energy is something that just is. No causation required. It is your "god", or creative force. Intelligent people go a step further in analyzing the situation and deduce something set things into motion to produce energy and its component parts.

Look up seed imbibtion. Look up the Big Bang. Both are surges of energy that cause an initial expansion, and then a settling down to business. This is something that occurs in the nature of things. For example, take a hunk of wire and pass a sudden huge charge of electricity through it. It explodes, it vaporizes. It will settle down into a different configuration when that excess energy is distributed. That is what your Big Bang is. A hot dense something, and heat is motion, that suddenly expanded spreading the heat, that motion, that then "condensed", forming smaller packets that then created your atoms, you, and your babies. Your atoms are not the gods of the universe working outwards, they are derivatives of that initial seed sprouting. Those smaller packets collecting into whirlpools put most simply. Which may explain your dizziness.

#179474 Oct 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms Dingaling, energy is equal to mass times c squared. No c squared, no energy. No c^2 or M, either. Right there in the formula. M=E/c^2. C^2=E/M.
Now, c is quite commonly thought to be the speed of light, by which it can be inferred some motion is involved. In fact, it can be considered an absolute requirement. Motion is required for energy to exist.
Your definition of energy is something that just is. No causation required. It is your "god", or creative force. Intelligent people go a step further in analyzing the situation and deduce something set things into motion to produce energy and its component parts.
Look up seed imbibtion. Look up the Big Bang. Both are surges of energy that cause an initial expansion, and then a settling down to business. This is something that occurs in the nature of things. For example, take a hunk of wire and pass a sudden huge charge of electricity through it. It explodes, it vaporizes. It will settle down into a different configuration when that excess energy is distributed. That is what your Big Bang is. A hot dense something, and heat is motion, that suddenly expanded spreading the heat, that motion, that then "condensed", forming smaller packets that then created your atoms, you, and your babies. Your atoms are not the gods of the universe working outwards, they are derivatives of that initial seed sprouting. Those smaller packets collecting into whirlpools put most simply. Which may explain your dizziness.
Ahh funny that because that is what you are implying by claiming that motion is a prerequisite. Wrong, it is a result.

The formula does not infer that motion occurred first, the formula infers that light and matter (mass) derived from energy, this I assume is down to your ignorance of conditions at the moment of the big bang. You are making assumption they were the same as they are now when in fact the conditions, the very laws that create the conditions of this universe did not begin to resolve until some tiny fraction of a second after the event.

Oh true that the constants can now be transferred across the equation however under initial conditions that transfer was impossible.

Nope, wrong again, that is your interpretation of what you think my version of energy is, we have been here before and I have shown you to be a liar and guess merchant, should we go there again?

Yes well spotted, they are NOT surges of motion that cause initial energy.

And once again you fall back on irrelevant and completely inadequate example – why is this?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179475 Oct 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Besides his God sitting and watching these children die horrible deaths each and every day, his God also loves to watch the parasitic worms that burrow into the eyeballs of these same children.

There is a heart wrenching account of the young mother on her journey to find food and water for her two young children. The youngest was so weak that she had to stop and rest. Then realizing that the child could not take another step, and if she stayed her and the other child would surely die. Can you even begin to imagine what it took for her to leave her youngest on the side of the road to die a slow and horrible death while she continued her journey to save her other child? And this demo God did what he always does, he sits with arms folded and does........absolutely nothing. It's almost as though there is some perverse enjoyment in watching the suffering of young children!!!!
Indeed.

The vast difference between this indifferent "god" and any, sane human?

Is that the sane human-- if they were in a position to do so-- would have **helped** that mother.

Helping our fellow humans is what we do after all.

Unless we are conditioned from birth to think of our fellow humans as somehow....**deserving** of such ill treatment? Like, say, some pre-existing condition? Let's call that condition "S".

Now, with the comfort of pretending that because of the "S", they are somehow unworthy of any help? We could sit back and enjoy the show.

Just like the Xian god is purported to do.

.... nasty?

Yes.... religion teaches people **against** their nature, to act nasty and **ignore** the plight of those less fortunate.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179476 Oct 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>But then again, can't you see how he would confuse astrology as a science? He deals in mythical beings and magical events only, so astrology fits right in.
Indeed.

Anyone who thinks astrology is "real"? Clearly has no clue about gravity, and how that force operates.

Or the vast distances involved.

In short?

Someone who is ... ignorant. Willfully so.

Sad, really. Especially as how the information is so easy to come by...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179477 Oct 9, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed a certain degree of Islamaphobia.
Both here in the Netherlands and also in France.
The sex symbol of the 60s Bridget Bardot is a anti-Islam activist in France.
Geert Wilders is our firebrand.
It's hard getting used to the weather though, Bob
It is possible my company may send me here to the US at least four times a year to do maintenance probably in the same region somewhere around the mountains of Appalachia.
Other previous post, you remarked about Matthew 6:6
If you take the time to read bible it'll contradict itself enough to make all religions, in any foundation, false.
The shutdown?
"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara desert, in 5 years there would be a shortage of sand" - Milton Friedman
< snicker>
;)
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179478 Oct 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[clap, clap, clap, clap]
You got a little testy there Doc. You know what that tells me?
I got you all worked up over a freaking school mascot. At least he’s not a Irish Bull Dog like some mascots.
He probably got his degree from watching Star Wars over and over. A Yoda student.
I’m sorry you have been duped by Mr. Hawkings. But your specialty is Music and not space cadets. What else could we expect.
But the way I see it you could have done worse. You could have picked Buzz Lightyear as a scientific reference.
“To Infinity and Beyond.”
Who? You keep using the name "Hawkings" like it **means** something.

You are seriously an idiot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179479 Oct 9, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some parts of Africa are very civilized and the populations do well.

Other parts of Africa have been ravaged by wars and mismanagement by their governments.

Men and corruption are the cause of these wars and atrocities. When nations turn away from God the outcome is never good.

<SPAM deleted unread>
The difference between your evil do-nothing god?

And a human?

Is that a sane, caring HUMAN would HELP the helpless.

Your god?

Simply does not care.

Likely your god is to busy fixing sports games, in answer to the prayers of the players...

... to worry about a few million dead babies.

Right?

Lamar, CO

#179480 Oct 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh funny that because that is what you are implying by claiming that motion is a prerequisite. Wrong, it is a result.
The formula does not infer that motion occurred first, the formula infers that light and matter (mass) derived from energy, this I assume is down to your ignorance of conditions at the moment of the big bang. You are making assumption they were the same as they are now when in fact the conditions, the very laws that create the conditions of this universe did not begin to resolve until some tiny fraction of a second after the event.
Oh true that the constants can now be transferred across the equation however under initial conditions that transfer was impossible.
Nope, wrong again, that is your interpretation of what you think my version of energy is, we have been here before and I have shown you to be a liar and guess merchant, should we go there again?
Yes well spotted, they are NOT surges of motion that cause initial energy.
And once again you fall back on irrelevant and completely inadequate example – why is this?
Lovey, the whole basis of the BBT is based upon physical phenomenon we understand. One is you don't get heat unless you have a load on an energy source. Friction is one method, which is something on the atomic level. It is even caused within the atomic level by charge displacement, which is caused by motion. The dense hot singularity? Heat is motion, though not what we call in a coherent manner. Basically it is a vibration caused by stress on atomic structure. The singularity got hot. Whatever it was got stressed out and blew a fuse. There is a circular logic to the theory.

You have the vaguest notion of what energy is. Just words you heard. Your "education" is just indoctrination by someone who stared up into the sky and told you what they think, not by your reasoning for yourself based upon what you DO know.

Define energy for us in your own words. What it is and how it came to be.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#179481 Oct 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between your evil do-nothing god?
And a human?
Is that a sane, caring HUMAN would HELP the helpless.
Your god?
Simply does not care.
Likely your god is to busy fixing sports games, in answer to the prayers of the players...
... to worry about a few million dead babies.
Right?
Yip, Humans are so good. It's God's fault we choose to rape. It's God's fault that Hitler decided to kill 6million Jews. It's god's fault that Humans choose to poach Animals.

It's even God's fault that Humans choose to do wrong.

Stop blaming God for what Humans do wrong.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#179482 Oct 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Come on Blob, sing "this little light of mine" just like you use to. Please, come on bob, one more for the gipper.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#179483 Oct 9, 2013
Bongo wrote:
"Lard ass".

Bwahahahaaa...I like that.

Nice touch, Bono.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#179485 Oct 9, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Yip, Humans are so good. It's God's fault we choose to rape. It's God's fault that Hitler decided to kill 6million Jews. It's god's fault that Humans choose to poach Animals.
It's even God's fault that Humans choose to do wrong.
Stop blaming God for what Humans do wrong.
I don't know about all that, Charcoal King.

But I know it's my ex-wife's fault I like to be whipped while having sex.

Just sayin'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min kent 673,060
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Catcher1 104,606
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min LAWEST100 184,616
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 2 hr Chris Rather 2
Do women think men with blue eyes are more attr... (Dec '08) 2 hr Chris Rather 98
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr Rider on the Storm 4,049
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 4 hr Holy Child Jehova... 395
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 4 hr blkguylooking 471
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr Holy Child Jehova... 981,223
More from around the web