Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,600)

Showing posts 171,981 - 172,000 of224,012
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I KNEW IT, I JUST KNEW IT......And everyone said I was crazy. Skinny arms..........being strong........capable of reaching into space..able to go for miles.......its......PLASTICMA N. I've always said we were created by a race of PLASTICMEN but no one would believe me. I always knew I was right, you know how?.........Because it's in a BOOK!!!!! Cool. Thanks for helping me validate my Theory that Plasticman is our creator. I feel completely at ease now that the real answer has surface, and with your help, thanks again!!!
Go Gadget go!
heheheh

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just think people think that about you.
You think that's what people are thinking.
But you have no evidence that that's what people are thinking.
I think it's just you, thinking that people are thinking that about you.
I'm not thinking that, and I don't think most others are either.
Those are all real words that have been typed to me, Catcher1. Not necessarily on this thread but on others. I understand. I came to Topix when I was 17. Old people don't like being schooled by a teenager. They don't like it at all. Even though I'm not a teenager anymore, I'm still viewed as one.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. I like young people.
Call me "avuncular".
I'm going to be a grandfather, come about April.
I like young people too. At 5'8" I'm as tall as I'm going to get. I tower over little children.

My cousins love it when I take my leg off and make it move with my phone app. It has a chip in it.

You'll be a very good grandfather. I was gonna say great grandfather but that didn't sound right :)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like young people too. At 5'8" I'm as tall as I'm going to get. I tower over little children.
My cousins love it when I take my leg off and make it move with my phone app. It has a chip in it.
You'll be a very good grandfather. I was gonna say great grandfather but that didn't sound right :)
You’re at peace with yourself. This is something that I’ve noticed. A person at peace with themselves is more social and pleasant than one who’s not. I always saw you as someone in their 20 or 30’s.

That’s a compliment to you because you’re very mature in your thoughts and demeanor. You belong here and hope you always stay.[Tipping Hat].
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Good night my dear Atheist friends.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re at peace with yourself. This is something that I’ve noticed. A person at peace with themselves is more social and pleasant than one who’s not. I always saw you as someone in their 20 or 30’s.
That’s a compliment to you because you’re very mature in your thoughts and demeanor. You belong here and hope you always stay.[Tipping Hat].
Thank you Eagle 12.

I'm vegan but my girlfriend eats meat. She was hungry and I was driving so we went to an Arbys drive through. I ordered whatever meat sandwich, I can't remember the name of it now, that she wanted and the guy who was talking to me through the giant meat eating menu sign repeated the order and told me how much it would cost. He said, "Is there anything else"? I said, "Thank you so much, that will be all".

When I drove to the window, he took my money and said, "You are the most polite person I've met this week. Thank you for that".

I said, "Awww thank you. Now where is my MEAT SANDWICH YOU MEAT SERVING MTHFR?"

Then I smiled.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bob
I am back for 2 weeks in Tennessee.
And... What do I find?
Idiot government! Lol
What the hell... is the USA going raving mad in my absence?
I hope you and family are well.
All is well at this end.

Yes, we are in a "crisis" that is entirely fabricated out of nothing.

It's disgusting.
Bongo

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
All is well at this end.
It's disgusting.
Its easy to feel sorry for a fool like you. All those years of submission and singing songs, what a palooka. Just think, you will die in disgust and bitterness.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Its easy to feel sorry for a fool like you. All those years of submission and singing songs, what a palooka. Just think, you will die in disgust and bitterness.
I see you are both disgusting and bitter.

That's your affair, not mine.

I'm so sorry for your loss (of sanity).

It's very Jesus of you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Its easy to feel sorry for a fool like you. All those years of submission and singing songs, what a palooka. Just think, you will die in disgust and bitterness.
You hypocrite.

Welcome to Hell:

Matthew 5:22

King James Version (KJV)
... but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

New International Version
... And anyone who says,'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

New Living Translation
... And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.

English Standard Version
... and whoever says,‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

New American Standard Bible
... and whoever says,'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Bongo wrote:
He'll die with my respect. Even if he doesn't know that, it doesn't matter.

When you sit down in a restaurant, you'll be thinking of my foot. My toenails are red today. Italian?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll die with my respect. Even if he doesn't know that, it doesn't matter.
When you sit down in a restaurant, you'll be thinking of my foot. My toenails are red today. Italian?
Would that be Ferrari red? Or more of a Mercedes Red?

;)

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Would that be Ferrari red? Or more of a Mercedes Red?
;)
It doesn't matter Bob.

Bongo knows.

Every time he eats something crunchy he's going to think of River Tam's cute little foot.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

River Tam wrote:
Thank you Eagle 12.
I'm vegan but my girlfriend eats meat. She was hungry and I was driving so we went to an Arbys drive through. I ordered whatever meat sandwich, I can't remember the name of it now, that she wanted and the guy who was talking to me through the giant meat eating menu sign repeated the order and told me how much it would cost. He said, "Is there anything else"? I said, "Thank you so much, that will be all".
When I drove to the window, he took my money and said, "You are the most polite person I've met this week. Thank you for that".
I said, "Awww thank you. Now where is my MEAT SANDWICH YOU MEAT SERVING MTHFR?"
Then I smiled.
You crack me up.

I hope she enjoyed the roast beast.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't think you're being ignorant. I see both sides being ignorant. Atheists just can't prove how earth came from nothing, and Christians can't prove God is real.
But hey, no one cares who's ignorant and atheists are like "Oh the earth came from nothing. I mean how intelligent is that.
I know exactly how the earth was formed, as do most people. There is irrefutable evidence that you can find at any college or university, any geological institute (and many other scientific institutes) and most museums, even the internet - if only you chose to educate yourself but hey, that means learning and learning ain’t what you do – right?

But hey no one cares that ignorant godbots claim goddidt by magic out of nothing one Wednesday afternoon in October 6000 years ago with absolutely no evidence so they guess based on the word of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves.

And as for god not being real, how about E=MC^2 which shows that no god as described in Revelation 19:6 (KJV) can exist in this universe at the same time as matter, and you are matter.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
In most cases it is what the original Greek meaning of the word is. Anti-religion. It serves it's purpose for a person like Stalin or Mao. Eliminating religion is taking out a primary way for The People to have a voice, with The Government. Time after time, dictators place atheism in their government, because it is easier to have unchallenged rule. As you do see, but for Lord only knows what reason, you deny.
In what I am so happy to be in, modern America. We have people that think of themselves as Atheist, but they are not actually anti-religion. They just don't believe in God. I have posted this other places, and now I will post it on this tread for the first time. ATHEIST SHOULD HAVE MORE THAN ONE VOCABULARY WORD, TO DESCRIBE THE VARIATIONS. If you find that offensive, it is because you are a fundamentalist.
Ahh, my little yellow bellied, chicken livered, spineless moron, this explains why you are totally wrong. Atheism is (even in ancient Greek times) is/was “The belief that no god exists” It has nothing to do with anti religion, that my dear is nothing but your own wet dreams. Most atheists are not anti religious they are anti fooking ignorant and hateful morons like you. If you don’t like that then stop being an ignorant and hateful moron

You also seem to have a very distorted view of the politics of nationalism.

Stalin was christian in childhood tipped for the priesthood and after consolidating his position (by genocide as taught in the babble) he did considerable work to rebuild the christian church. That my dear ignoramus is not the work of an atheist

Mao was Buddist and so irrelevant to you wild claims

And there is more…

Pol Pot spent 16 years in a catholic school learning christian doctrine before decided on a career in genocide (funnily enough, as taught in the babble)

And shock of shock… Hitler was also christian with papal backing (and a papal ambassador to the Reich) What he did he did he did for his belief in god and jesus and was never excommunicated.

Please advise what YOU THINK these vocabulary words should be – how about morality? A word that has been hijacked by christianity and it’s meaning distorted to exclude any other HUMAN BEING that does not believe in their god or their way. The fact that morality was around a long time before a bunch of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves got stoned and had a an idea that they know more then science does today.

How about theory, another word that christianity chooses to distort the meaning. Or church, ditto, or study, ditto, or truth, ditto, or freewill, ditto, or adultery, ditto and finally how about the word atheist that some christians (like you) don’t even understand.

Honey, you make the choice to distort whatever words you want to suite your limited mindset, that does not mean that atheist need to distort the meanings of words to suit your limited mindset. If you are incapable of understanding words then that’s just tough, get educated.

Why should I find your ignorant projection offensive? All I find is that you are a clueless and ignorant moron

What I do find offensive is that you insulted the memory of my grandfather and that you are too chicken sh|t scared explain yourself or to apologise
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

<quoted text>
All is well at this end.
It's disgusting.
Oktoberfest started 4 October in München.
This is the first time I've ever been to where this festival started. Omg! Too much fun!

This song, the video sum it up...

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Best viewed with a brew in hand!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nice try but ..
"beliver in Atheism"? Gimme a break, atheism has no believers.
Swing and a miss,, Strike 1!
Oh you will be a beliver. When die and can't find it.
Strike three, you're out.
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
All is well at this end.
It's disgusting.
Worries here about Euro, if USA defaults.
Many here consider US politicians puppets for the powerful. Their agenda is their career, not the people.

Healthcare argument when nobody has healthcare? ludicrous. I thought this healthcare bill passed Congress passes Supreme Court and is now the law the land what's the argument about changing and already passed law

Healthcare is socialized here you don't pay for anything.

I like the new pope. How bout you?
He says we can get into heaven
... Lol

Didn't the affordable care act passed in Congress didn't Supreme Court say it was approved and now they want to change the law they don't like the outcome?

This is like losing a football game in the NFL by 20 point and then closing down the NFL until they give you 21 points.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly how the earth was formed, as do most people. There is irrefutable evidence that you can find at any college or university, any geological institute (and many other scientific institutes) and most museums, even the internet - if only you chose to educate yourself but hey, that means learning and learning ain’t what you do – right?
But hey no one cares that ignorant godbots claim goddidt by magic out of nothing one Wednesday afternoon in October 6000 years ago with absolutely no evidence so they guess based on the word of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves.
And as for god not being real, how about E=MC^2 which shows that no god as described in Revelation 19:6 (KJV) can exist in this universe at the same time as matter, and you are matter.
Poor little passionate and pouting Christine. Her emotions override her intelligence.

You speak words without understanding them. You obviously don't understand the meaning of those formulas you put forth as self evident truths. You can only see them as words, not as processes.

Your formula is what you get in a bottle. A closed system. The same thing as a battery powered toy you are a part of. You can't see beyond it.

But something gave you that ba ba or wound you up. You are a derivative of that "first cause". No matter what it was. The formula was not the cause, just a very rough description of transfer of energy caused by it.

Not long ago there was news on the internet about the strange sounds from the sky. This has been explained "scientifically". Disturbances in the atmosphere, largely from the EM effects from the cosmos. You are living in a drum, sweetness. That atmosphere is mass and energy and the same thing as a drum head. Displace some of that mass and its bindings via valence bonding and gravity and it sends waves through the atmospheric medium. It then strikes your eardrums. There has been studies of how cosmic bodies produce "sound". It is a physical fact of physics and the transfers of energy.

So "God", the first cause of our causation, "can" talk to you. You just need to learn the difference between "communication" and "noise".

I would suggest you spend some time with an elderly gentleman in SE Colorado to learn how to do such. We could start with some gentle words whispered in your ear, then who knows, you may find God after all of this time.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 171,981 - 172,000 of224,012
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

522 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 532,378
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min curiouslu 720,054
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min lisw 172,242
should husbands & wives spank each other for se... (Mar '12) 8 min Mrotk 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min WasteWater 256,373
Whatsapp or Viber contacts ;) 42 min Asimeng 2
ians vs queenie on god,religion and the art of ... 47 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 2
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 1 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••