Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#179318 Oct 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Empty threats from an empty mind.
Just like your Jesus' promise to his sexbuddies (disciples): he would return before they died.
He did not. They died.
Empty threats.
They never died, spiritually. They saw Jesus the day their body died.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179319 Oct 7, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> be afraid, be really afraid lol
Empty threats from your equally empty mind.

But you are on the same track as tyrants and abusers of the Dark Ages.

Fortunately?

You are also a scant minority; devoid of real political power.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179320 Oct 7, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> They never died, spiritually. They saw Jesus the day their body died.
Blah-blah-blah.

They died. Jesus lied.

And they were his orgy-buddies too! Imagine that?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#179321 Oct 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah-blah-blah.
They died. Jesus lied.
And they were his orgy-buddies too! Imagine that?
Dude, I'm an atheist but come on...is it really necessary to go there? How does that help anything?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179322 Oct 7, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, I'm an atheist but come on...is it really necessary to go there? How does that help anything?
Have you read the NT? The "gospel" of John clearly states Jesus and John were lovers.

I figured if one was, then likely they all were.

So, yeah... it is necessary to go there; without the shock?

They just won't listen.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179323 Oct 7, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Foolish bob,
<quoted text>Welcome To Hell, hypocrite:

Matthew 5:22

New International Version
... And anyone who says,'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

New Living Translation
... And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179324 Oct 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Gravity. Look it up-- you appear to be ignorant of that fact.
Floating matter had been floating forever and just hanging out. Just chilling out there in the vacuum of space forever.

Suddenly gravity, alias Mr.“G,” says,“Wuz up my man, hey, yo, come over to my place and let’s pull someupn together my man.”

“We’re gonna build somethin, like jam it all up my man.”

“Then we are gonna plant some grass and grow some weed my man.”

“Take in some big breaths my man and exhale. That’s how we are gonna make them clouds, yo my man.”

“Blow them circles, like this my man,……”

Self creation, preposterous imagination of the finite mind of an Atheist.

I guess the wind just blew everything together, lol.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179325 Oct 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Welcome To Hell, hypocrite:
Matthew 5:22
New International Version
... And anyone who says,'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
New Living Translation
... And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.
Mr. "T" ???

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#179326 Oct 7, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Floating matter had been floating forever and just hanging out. Just chilling out there in the vacuum of space forever.
Suddenly gravity, alias Mr.“G,” says,“Wuz up my man, hey, yo, come over to my place and let’s pull someupn together my man.”
“We’re gonna build somethin, like jam it all up my man.”
“Then we are gonna plant some grass and grow some weed my man.”
“Take in some big breaths my man and exhale. That’s how we are gonna make them clouds, yo my man.”
“Blow them circles, like this my man,……”
Self creation, preposterous imagination of the finite mind of an Atheist.
I guess the wind just blew everything together, lol.
Their imaginations, and thus "reality" have no bounds.

Step out into a 200 mph hurricane. You have mass flying all over the place, in a seeming random manner. But not a single item is flying in a random manner. Every single piece is following a law that set it on its course and what it encounters in that course.

I can go into the difficulties of trying to cobble things together when everything is flying by faster than you can catch, or trying to establish a base to even build from in such a storm.

A Topix atheist expects a hurricane such as that to blow together a finished house complete with plumbing and electrical wiring by "chance".

The Big Bang was more powerful than a hurricane.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#179327 Oct 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Welcome To Hell, hypocrite:
Matthew 5:22
New International Version
... And anyone who says,'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
New Living Translation
... And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.
How many times must I tell you, you have no authority, you are hell fodder. Youre not bretheren. You cant use scripture youre revoked, you have nothing only condemnation. You are a reprobate a formerly submissive singer turned apostate.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#179329 Oct 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, my little yellow bellied, chicken livered, spineless moron, this explains why you are totally wrong. Atheism is (even in ancient Greek times) is/was “The belief that no god exists” It has nothing to do with anti religion, that my dear is nothing but your own wet dreams. Most atheists are not anti religious they are anti fooking ignorant and hateful morons like you. If you don’t like that then stop being an ignorant and hateful moron
You also seem to have a very distorted view of the politics of nationalism.
Stalin was christian in childhood tipped for the priesthood and after consolidating his position (by genocide as taught in the babble) he did considerable work to rebuild the christian church. That my dear ignoramus is not the work of an atheist
Mao was Buddist and so irrelevant to you wild claims
And there is more…
Pol Pot spent 16 years in a catholic school learning christian doctrine before decided on a career in genocide (funnily enough, as taught in the babble)
And shock of shock… Hitler was also christian with papal backing (and a papal ambassador to the Reich) What he did he did he did for his belief in god and jesus and was never excommunicated.
Please advise what YOU THINK these vocabulary words should be – how about morality? A word that has been hijacked by christianity and it’s meaning distorted to exclude any other HUMAN BEING that does not believe in their god or their way. The fact that morality was around a long time before a bunch of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves got stoned and had a an idea that they know more then science does today.
How about theory, another word that christianity chooses to distort the meaning. Or church, ditto, or study, ditto, or truth, ditto, or freewill, ditto, or adultery, ditto and finally how about the word atheist that some christians (like you) don’t even understand.
Honey, you make the choice to distort whatever words you want to suite your limited mindset, that does not mean that atheist need to distort the meanings of words to suit your limited mindset. If you are incapable of understanding words then that’s just tough, get educated.
Why should I find your ignorant projection offensive? All I find is that you are a clueless and ignorant moron
What I do find offensive is that you insulted the memory of my grandfather and that you are too chicken sh|t scared explain yourself or to apologise
you spelled christianity wrong!!...its christINSANITY
Brown Lipstick

Northampton, MA

#179330 Oct 7, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you spelled christianity wrong!!...its christINSANITY
You must be from the Khazarian Empire.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179332 Oct 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Try, really try, and comprehend the entire idea behind exploration of Mars Putting people in bio-domes is a hell of lot different from turning the entire planet into a habitable environment.
Holy shit, were do you get such ridiculous ideas from? Certainly not from any real science. There were animals millions of years before humans came on to the scene. You REALLY need to educate yourself. Our species has only been on this planet for about 200,000 years. Reptiles rules the Earth for millions of years before man, and millions of years before the reptiles, there were animals that predated them.
The evolution of animals has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the evolution of humans
Once again, where the hell do you get such totally insane ideas from?
Thank you. You give me way too much credit this is not my idea.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179334 Oct 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha ha ha ha ha, this is beyond pathetic. You have lots of evidence but won't waste your time posting it...HAHAHA. Look dumbass, if you had even the slightest bit of evidence you would post it just to rub it in my face that I was wrong and you were right. When people make a claim and they are told it is a ridiculous claim and not true, there is NOTHING more satisfying than to produce the evidence asked for and then flaunt it. You're a lying assclown with not one bit of evidence for your ridiculous claim. I challenged you to produce and you whimped out big time. You FAILED miserably. Too funny, what a dope!!!
I do think you overkill requesting proof, in many cases you should know better. The there is "no" evidence of UFOs was the latest and greatest. Some of your questions, suggest you should be reading not writing. The atheist that use to post online had enough respect for the topic and themselves to post a question like "Could you, Prove souls to me?" They would not belittle themselves with the claim that there is zero proof of that, and they would be aware of experiments showing souls do have a weight, according to those that feel they have proven it. In stead of answering such buffoonery, I strongly advise your expanding your reading.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#179335 Oct 7, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> How many times must I tell you, you have no authority, you are hell fodder. Youre not bretheren. You cant use scripture youre revoked, you have nothing only condemnation. You are a reprobate a formerly submissive singer turned apostate.
Hell does not exist and thank you for showing everyone what a hatefull religion christianity is
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#179336 Oct 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Their imaginations, and thus "reality" have no bounds.
Step out into a 200 mph hurricane. You have mass flying all over the place, in a seeming random manner. But not a single item is flying in a random manner. Every single piece is following a law that set it on its course and what it encounters in that course.
I can go into the difficulties of trying to cobble things together when everything is flying by faster than you can catch, or trying to establish a base to even build from in such a storm.
A Topix atheist expects a hurricane such as that to blow together a finished house complete with plumbing and electrical wiring by "chance".
The Big Bang was more powerful than a hurricane.
shouldnt you be UP on the Ledge somewhere!?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179337 Oct 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha ha ha ha ha, this is beyond pathetic. You have lots of evidence but won't waste your time posting it...HAHAHA. Look dumbass, if you had even the slightest bit of evidence you would post it just to rub it in my face that I was wrong and you were right. When people make a claim and they are told it is a ridiculous claim and not true, there is NOTHING more satisfying than to produce the evidence asked for and then flaunt it. You're a lying assclown with not one bit of evidence for your ridiculous claim. I challenged you to produce and you whimped out big time. You FAILED miserably. Too funny, what a dope!!!
One more thing. Let's get back to what is this message tread "Atheism requires as much faith as religion?" When you ask me for prove you are going off topic. The truth is you can not prove that the universe had no creator. You can not prove mankind had no creator. You have faith in your beliefs not fact, and when I say you can't prove it. it is not you personally. With the knowledge mankind no has, it can't be proven. You can't even prove how The universe started. Sure there was a big bang, but was the the first. Was there energy before time? If you had these answers and proven, it would be more valuable than the winning mega ball ticket. Ok continue now, let's jump off topic again.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179338 Oct 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
100% of the "alien abduction" is bullshyt.
Anyone believing in that crap, is nuts.
It is just another example of how you take no one's word for anything. When you say "You are lying" it just does not carry much weight.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179339 Oct 7, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Its easy to feel sorry for a fool like you. All those years of submission and singing songs, what a palooka. Just think, you will die in disgust and bitterness.
Bongo let's not leave out because, by his own statements, he has no soul. therefore it is the end. He really should seek help for why he hates believers. He'd suggest I hate atheist. Not at all. I see it more as a 1) political disagreement 2) religious disagreement. Number 1 more so than number 2. The North American atheist are clowns, because they are so political, they have became very much like the groups they are against. I really don't think they should be called atheist.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179340 Oct 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You hypocrite.
Welcome to Hell:
Matthew 5:22
King James Version (KJV)
... but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
New International Version
... And anyone who says,'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
New Living Translation
... And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.
English Standard Version
... and whoever says,‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
New American Standard Bible
... and whoever says,'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.
You are a Bible thumper. Dude just become more diverse, in the end you are more Fundie than 99% of America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 985,758
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 48 min Doctor Trump 27,079
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 2 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 2 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 2 hr juliakk 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Anthony MN 685,932
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 4 hr Wake Up 2
More from around the web