Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#178860 Sep 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
No, atheism doesn't require faith at all.
Don't worry. Most theists that come here make that same mistake.
I became an atheist the moment I became human. I was not yet old enough to evaluate evidence.
How many deity claims did you evaluate before deciding which one to believe in? Did you at least explore 50% of them?
I don't have anything to do with religions. I just concluded that bio-diversity is fixed instead of evolved and one must conclude that GOD exist if he/she see biological reproductive species as being fixed.

Planet Earth

#178861 Sep 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil.
I have yet to read a godbot's claims about the god they purport to worship, that did not include "god is good" in there somewhere.
But the very existence of wide-spread evil in the world that is applied without consideration to the guilt or innocence of the victim, is ample proof that if there **is** a god out there?
Such a god is utterly without compassion for those who suffer and die because of indifferent, widespread evil.
Evil that could easily be prevented by ... a god.
Can you explain this **fact**?
No?
Interesting.
I will bet that you will run away like the coward you are-- without bothering an answer.
----------
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
~ Epicurus (Greek philosopher, BC 341-270)
It's all part of having choices (free will). To prevent evil from being in this world we would be robots. But instead GOD gave us a choice and the consequence behind this enable people to behave evilly.

It's not GOD creating the evil acts, it's the choices people make.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#178862 Sep 30, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
I don't have anything to do with religions.
Where did you get "GOD" from, if not religion?
Infinite Force wrote:
I just concluded that bio-diversity is fixed instead of evolved
Your conclusion is incorrect.
Infinite Force wrote:
and one must conclude that GOD exist if he/she see biological reproductive species as being fixed.
False premise and faulty reasoning.

Planet Earth

#178863 Sep 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Try to remember that the word FAITH is a religious term. FAITH is the permission that Theists give to each other when no evidence is available They will also tell anyone who will listen that because there is a lack of evidence for God that FAITH is required.
You also have to be intelligent enough to understand the difference between a POSITIVE CLAIM, an assertion, and a NEGATIVE claim. One REQUIRES proof, the other does not. It is the person making an assertion, a POSITIVE claim that God exists, that shoulders the burden of proof. Countless times the Theists tries to shift this burden of proof on the non-believer, that is called an argument from ignorance.
"What *evidence* did I find that made me an Atheist?" It was the LACK of any verifiable evidence that convinced me that all Gods exist only in one's imagination, and nowhere else. It helped my position a great deal by reading the bible. Seeing religion as a divisive force to our species, and the mind altering dogma that accompanies it, to the point where people reject known facts because it conflict with their beliefs, further showed me how damaging and poisonous religion really is
You talk like science have found the final answer on how biodiversity originated. Their is two answers for this question;

1. bio-diversity evolved
2. bio-diversity is fixed

I choose number two because the evidence support it. Number two requires that a GOD exist logically because their is only two choices to choose from on how bio-diversity got on this planet.

Science have not solved this riddle yet, so if you picked number one it does not rule out number two because number one is not finalized and theories do get disproved and history have proven this.

Embrace the grey.

#178864 Sep 30, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
It's all part of having choices (free will). To prevent evil from being in this world we would be robots. But instead GOD gave us a choice and the consequence behind this enable people to behave evilly.
In a universe where this "GOD" is all powerful, humans do not have free will. We are only able to do what meets with the approval of "GOD". If we could go against his will, that would make us more powerful than "GOD". A being is either capable of making all the universe as it desires, or not. If it is capable, the state of the universe at all times is his will. Any other being capable of making decisions is therefor only capable of making decisions that align with the will of "GOD". That is the freedom a slave has to do only what the master allows.

Of course there's no good reason to believe that any such beings exist.

Planet Earth

#178865 Sep 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get "GOD" from, if not religion?
By concluding that biodiversity is fixed! You conclude this the only answer left is GOD or intelligent design because "evolved" is the other answer to the origin of bio-diversity and that answer is not final.
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Your conclusion is incorrect.
Biodiversity as being fixed is still a possible answer and have not been ruled out so my conclusion is not incorrect!
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
False premise and faulty reasoning.
Observation shows biological reproductive species reproducing the same biological reproductive species not the opposite.

Planet Earth

#178866 Sep 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
In a universe where this "GOD" is all powerful, humans do not have free will. We are only able to do what meets with the approval of "GOD". If we could go against his will, that would make us more powerful than "GOD". A being is either capable of making all the universe as it desires, or not. If it is capable, the state of the universe at all times is his will. Any other being capable of making decisions is therefor only capable of making decisions that align with the will of "GOD". That is the freedom a slave has to do only what the master allows.
Of course there's no good reason to believe that any such beings exist.
Let me repeat myself! I do not deal with religions! Anyways, your argument is off of the presupposition of religions and I do not deal with religions.

Embrace the grey.

#178867 Sep 30, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
By concluding that biodiversity is fixed!
That is an incorrect conclusion. All that follows is incorrect.
Infinite Force wrote:
You conclude this the only answer left is GOD or intelligent design because "evolved" is the other answer to the origin of bio-diversity and that answer is not final.
We have no examples of life that did not or does not evolve.
Infinite Force wrote:
Biodiversity as being fixed is still a possible answer and have not been ruled out so my conclusion is not incorrect!
No, evolution is a fact. All life as we know it evolves.
Infinite Force wrote:
Observation shows biological reproductive species reproducing the same biological reproductive species not the opposite.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Embrace the grey.

#178868 Sep 30, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Let me repeat myself! I do not deal with religions! Anyways, your argument is off of the presupposition of religions and I do not deal with religions.
If you're going to borrow the word "GOD" without adhering to the popular cultural definition, you need to define what you're talking about.

Whenever you do that, you'll be defining your religion.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178869 Sep 30, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A very good question Doctor. I had the experience of being burned in an Industrial fire while trying to put it out. There’s nothing to compare to the pain of being burned by a hot industrial fire in a chemical plant.
But I must refer to Jesus words. He wished none would parish and that all men would come to repentance.
In my life as an Emergency Responder. We were always taught that our number one duty was to save ourselves. Our second duty was to save our fellow Responders. I would love to be able to save you Doctor. But you refuse to be saved.
I must go on and help those who want to be saved and can’t waste time on those who refuse. Doctor, you are another Harry Randall Truman. Mr Truman refused to leave Mount St Helens in May of 1980. He refused to be saved. When the Mountain blew he lost his life.
I can not save you Doctor, I wish I could, but you won’t let me.
Thats is NOT what I asked. Do YOU think I deserve to go to hell? It's obvious that since I totally reject jesus, your God, if he exists, is sending me to burn forever Do you think this is what I deserve?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178870 Sep 30, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
By concluding that biodiversity is fixed! You conclude this the only answer left is GOD or intelligent design because "evolved" is the other answer to the origin of bio-diversity and that answer is not final.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You should stop posting in ignorance You have NO idea how the process of evolution works. Please, educate yourself so you don't look so foolish.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178871 Sep 30, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO such thing as free will. How can it be free will when you must fear the consequences? That is in conflict with the definition of free. I hold a gun to your head and say, "You have free will to give me your wallet or not. But if you don't I'll blow your brains out" Free will means you give or receive without expectation of return.

Your God is said to be all knowing, all powerful, there is nothing that he doesn't know including the future. He can see the pathway you will take, can see your future You can do nothing to change this future. You come to a fork in the road, God see's you have taken the right turn, you can NOT take the left, you had NO FREE WILL. Next!!!

Planet Earth

#178872 Sep 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to borrow the word "GOD" without adhering to the popular cultural definition, you need to define what you're talking about.
Whenever you do that, you'll be defining your religion.
GOD could be creator(s), intelligent designer(s) or a highly advance extra terrestrial civilization that created life on planet earth. The creator(s) is un-identified at the time but seeing bio-diversity as being "fixed" it requires a creator, intelligent designer(s) or highly advance extra terrestrial civilization.

Planet Earth

#178873 Sep 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There is NO such thing as free will. How can it be free will when you must fear the consequences? That is in conflict with the definition of free. I hold a gun to your head and say, "You have free will to give me your wallet or not. But if you don't I'll blow your brains out" Free will means you give or receive without expectation of return.
Your God is said to be all knowing, all powerful, there is nothing that he doesn't know including the future. He can see the pathway you will take, can see your future You can do nothing to change this future. You come to a fork in the road, God see's you have taken the right turn, you can NOT take the left, you had NO FREE WILL. Next!!!
The "ability to choose" exists and this is what I am referring to as free will.

Planet Earth

#178874 Sep 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You should stop posting in ignorance You have NO idea how the process of evolution works. Please, educate yourself so you don't look so foolish.
Whatever!

Embrace the grey.

#178875 Sep 30, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
GOD could be creator(s), intelligent designer(s) or a highly advance extra terrestrial civilization that created life on planet earth. The creator(s) is un-identified at the time but seeing bio-diversity as being "fixed" it requires a creator, intelligent designer(s) or highly advance extra terrestrial civilization.
A flat Earth would imply a designer.

Do you believe the Earth is flat?

You're demonstrating a confirmation bias.

All life as we know it evolved and continues to evolve. That is not debatable.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#178876 Sep 30, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The first five books were written by Moses. For the times he was the equivalent to being a University graduate. The best schools and exposed to the best minds in Egypt.
Then others were written by the prophets of the time. David who did heard sheep at a very young age when on to become a fierce soldier. Cutting off the head of Goliath after taking him down with a sling.
The sling and rocks are still used today as weapons in the region. Then David went on to be a King. The scriptures that he wrote were done as he was King. Then his son Solomon went on to be King and wrote books in the bible.
The Apostle Paul was certainly not a goat herder but a specialized craftsman. Then one book was written by a Medical Doctor.
So this common misconception is really not based on reality but meant to be in jest. A little humor and jab here in there is certainly not going to hurt.[Tipping Hat]
So, you knew all these folks. That's real interesting.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178877 Sep 30, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
The "ability to choose" exists and this is what I am referring to as free will.
Wrong, its an illusion, God already knows what you will do before you do it You can't do anything different. No free will!!!!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178878 Sep 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
They just don't get it. I really do belief they have no souls, therefore.
I grew up with a very strong minded Atheist. He was my Father. But the long story short. Dad didn’t die in a Atheist. He came into the light about six months before he died.

Some will not be saved because they have crossed the line with God. Others there may still be hope if they want to be saved.
Thank you for all your efforts, God Bless.......
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178879 Sep 30, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you knew all these folks. That's real interesting.
I never met Abraham Lincoln but I believe what I have read in history about this man. I didn’t know Isaac Newton either but I believe there’s was a man of science and art named Isaac Newton.

So you don’t claim to know any historical figures? Interesting…………

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Chris Clearwater 173,691
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min truth 542,665
Appjoy invite code 24 min Matt 73
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min It aint necessari... 739,679
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 34 min Tony17 577
poppyseeddreams cust service 52 min Commander Bunny 5
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 2 hr bacon hater 1,101
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ1 259,549
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr STU PIDE ASS Xposed 95,523
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••