Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247543 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178652 Sep 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Very childish song. Of course the music is really juvenile, all diatonic, not much substance.
Elvis wouldn’t have sang that song. But school children did for their Mom’s and Dad’s. I remember hearing it when I was a kid and that’s why I looked it up.

It kind of fits here since you Atheist are trying to be the school yard bullies.

I remember when my son was going to college and he was taking a music history class. The professor brought in a this guy who played and sang some of the old folk songs in early American History.

After this guy sang his first song two thirds of the class got up and walked out. The professor was teed off to say the least. Music from a different time period is different than music of today but it’s still music.

Myself, I still love the deep African American Blues when it’s from the soul. I just love it along with some classy Jazz.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178653 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You insulted goats. It is possible goats have souls.
You got me there, lol.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178654 Sep 27, 2013
How about a scripture for all my Dear Atheist friends?

“Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.”

—Psalm 119:133 (KJV)

Goodnight everyone!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178655 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I shall take the grand opportunity to sing a little song to all my Dear Atheist friends. I hope you enjoy it……
This Land is Your Land
words and music by Woody Guthrie
©1956 (renewed 1984), 1958 (renewed 1986) and 1970 TRO-Ludlow Music, Inc.(BMI)
Chorus:
This land is your land, this land is my land
From California, to the New York Island
From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me
As I was walking a ribbon of highway
I saw above me an endless skyway
I saw below me a golden valley
Chorus
I've roamed and rambled and I've followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts
And all around me a voice was sounding
Chorus
The sun comes shining as I was strolling
The wheat fields waving and the dust clouds rolling
The fog was lifting a voice come chanting
Chorus
As I was walkin'- I saw a sign there
And that sign said - no tress passin'
But on the other side .... it didn't say nothin!
Now that side was made for you and me!
Chorus
In the squares of the city - In the shadow of the steeple
Near the relief office - I see my people
And some are grumblin' and some are wonderin'
If this land's still made for you and me.
words and music by Woody Guthrie
©1956 (renewed 1984), 1958 (renewed 1986) and 1970 TRO-Ludlow Music, Inc.(BMI)
And how do the thousands of dead Native Americans feel about that?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178656 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the Bible "Cain" killed his brother "Able."
"Able" was a good guy, he didn't even cheat in poker.
So I would say you are correct in that Adam and Eve didn't teach Cain to respect his brother. It was the first case of road rage but without the cars.
For one thing?

Eve was a clone of Adam, right? A rib-"woman"?

That would mean ... Eve was really.... Steve... a man.

(St)Eve would have had XY chromosomes, identical to Adam's.

Since that is patently impossible?

The entire edifice falls apart at the seams.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178657 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Goodnight everyone!
And I'll leave you one from your kind, loving, caring, and compassionate God. Maybe this is why he refuses to answer the prayers of amputee's, after seeing this, he obviously hates any kind of deformities.

21:16 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
21:17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.
21:18 For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,
21:19 Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,
21:20 Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178658 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you were there
Projection on your part. I have never even been arrested.

I simply do not break the law-- I just don't.

Unlike the majority of you christians?

I actually think the Rule Of Law, i.e. the Constitution, is a brilliant idea.
Eagle 12 wrote:
... but never mind that your out and behaving yourself, I hope. I was kinda close to the Jail. The Jail was over the top of the 911/Police dispatchers where I worked for a few months. It was a wonderful experience and I met a lot of really nice people.
Years ago, I was close friends with a police dispatcher. She was quite interesting, and had lots of cop-stories to tell.

These days? I know a couple of the Tulsa police-- good people.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178659 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There were a lot of nice prisoners too. They are really interesting people when they're not drunk or stoned. I remember this one dear old lady with white hair coming in every week during visitation. Her son had robbed a bank.
She was just a sweetheart. He had done something really bad but Mom still loved him. I hope he got out after serving his time and spent some quality time with his Mom.
Why did he rob the bank? Bill collectors drove him crazy and he thought that was the only way out.
Desperate times creates desperate people.

The current ReThuglicans are hell-bent on re-creating desperate times for people making less than 50k.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#178660 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Skeptic, we always enjoy hearing from the Prison Gang.
For anyone who has been wondering just where he has been ... he is leaving clues everywhere.
They always do, don't they?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178661 Sep 27, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>For anyone who has been wondering just where he has been ... he is leaving clues everywhere.
They always do, don't they?
Indeed, they do.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#178662 Sep 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
For one thing?
Eve was a clone of Adam, right? A rib-"woman"?
That would mean ... Eve was really.... Steve... a man.
(St)Eve would have had XY chromosomes, identical to Adam's.
Since that is patently impossible?
The entire edifice falls apart at the seams.
Unless Adam had 46 XY chromosomes and 46 XX chromosomes,
which if um , if it did. It would made Adam either a chimera or a hermaphrodite. But we know this is a ridiculous contention.
Because there is no documented species that evolved this way , because the condition is an isolated and a rare circumstance.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178663 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Goodnight everyone!
Creationists are mentally ill, it's a fact.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#178665 Sep 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
It's true.
I don't give a rat's fart in a septic tank **what** you choose to believe in.
So long as you keep it to yourself.
But this **is** an **atheist** forum-- and here you are, a GODBOT, butting your unwanted opinion into things.
So yeah.
We atheists **will** tell you to go f--- yourself.
Lets take your last statement first. This demonstrates you are a moral weakling. Non believers are in denial regarding their responsibility to their fellow human beings and their responsibility to God.

Atheism in the disease called denial. Atheism is like alcoholism. As long as the alcoholic continues to deny their alcoholism they can continue to drink in excess. As long as the atheist is in denial about God they can continues to behave in ways which are reprehensible and hypocritical expecting moral behavior from others and exempting themselves. How big does one have to be to be fixated on the sins of others and at the same time blind to their own?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178666 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Lets take your last statement first. This demonstrates you are a moral weakling. Non believers are in denial regarding their responsibility to their fellow human beings and their responsibility to God.
Atheism in the disease called denial. Atheism is like alcoholism. As long as the alcoholic continues to deny their alcoholism they can continue to drink in excess. As long as the atheist is in denial about God they can continues to behave in ways which are reprehensible and hypocritical expecting moral behavior from others and exempting themselves. How big does one have to be to be fixated on the sins of others and at the same time blind to their own?
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any of the gods ever worshipped actually existed.

If you or anyone could provide such proof, that would be great.

Location hidden

#178667 Sep 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[hands over ears] La la la la la la la la laaaaaaaa.
A day in the life of a topix creationist troll

Location hidden

#178668 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Lets take your last statement first. This demonstrates you are a moral weakling. Non believers are in denial regarding their responsibility to their fellow human beings and their responsibility to God.
When you finally have proof of god, your ignorant creationist mental illness will matter more.

Atheism is not a religion, it is not a disease. It is the conclusion after mentally ill people have failed for centuries to prove the gods they have claimed are real.

Creationist trolls like lightbeamrider are cursed because they lack the mental ability to understand or accept a world without their imaginary friend.

So they bully and abuse atheists in the atheist forum every day and try to disrupt their conversations.

This is how bitter the creationist cult losers are. They can't keep their cult to themselves, and actively come in here and stir sh*t up.

WHy do you cowardly liars do this?

Are you that afraid of science and education? Are you that petty?

Science has proven your cult and your gods are nonsense, yet you persist with lies upon lies.

You are the reason nobody believes in your cults anymore - you are animals, who have decided to be dishonest and "sinful" according to your fantasies.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178669 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
I see you're back to being stupid again. It is IMPOSSIBLE to be in denial over that which does not exist. The best you can do here is say someone is in denial over a belief. The same way someone is in denial about werewolves.

You pose a stupid analogy, alcoholism is part of reality, God is NOT part of reality.

No one has a responsibility to a fictitious being, don't be absurd.

A better analogy would be comparing those who believe in things without evidence to a serious mental disorder called DELUSIONAL DISORDER. This is a condition were a person cannot tell the difference between what is real and what is only imagined. Those poor people in mental institutions who claim demons follow them a round and speak to them, are not different from those who believe an invisible being speaks to them and tells them what they should or shouldn't do.

"When ONE person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity, when MANY people suffer from a delusion it is called RELIGION." Like that!!!!

Location hidden

#178670 Sep 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I see you're back to being stupid again.
Yeah anyone is stupid who is not an atheist according to the some of the more militant and fundie atheists.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to be in denial over that which does not exist.
Atheist assumption does not equal fact.
The best you can do here is say someone is in denial over a belief. The same way someone is in denial about werewolves.
We are not talking about werewolves. One does not have to believe in werewolves in order to believe in God.
You pose a stupid analogy,
There is that word stupid again. How hard is it for an atheist to be cruel? It would seem cruelty comes natural.
alcoholism is part of reality,
Atheism is not?
God is NOT part of reality.
Atheist fixed assumption which allows atheists to be moral weaklings.
No one has a responsibility to a fictitious being, don't be absurd.
A better analogy would be comparing those who believe in things without evidence to a serious mental disorder called DELUSIONAL DISORDER. This is a condition were a person cannot tell the difference between what is real and what is only imagined.
So not only are Theists stupid they are delusional. Sounds like Stalinist tactics.
Those poor people in mental institutions who claim demons follow them a round and speak to them, are not different from those who believe an invisible being speaks to them and tells them what they should or shouldn't do.
"When ONE person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity, when MANY people suffer from a delusion it is called RELIGION." Like that!!!!
Sounds like you have blown up. Relax.

Location hidden

#178671 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
When you finally have proof of god, your ignorant creationist mental illness will matter more.
Atheism is not a religion, it is not a disease. It is the conclusion after mentally ill people have failed for centuries to prove the gods they have claimed are real.
Creationist trolls like lightbeamrider are cursed because they lack the mental ability to understand or accept a world without their imaginary friend.
So they bully and abuse atheists in the atheist forum every day and try to disrupt their conversations.
This is how bitter the creationist cult losers are. They can't keep their cult to themselves, and actively come in here and stir sh*t up.
WHy do you cowardly liars do this?
Are you that afraid of science and education? Are you that petty?
Science has proven your cult and your gods are nonsense, yet you persist with lies upon lies.
You are the reason nobody believes in your cults anymore - you are animals, who have decided to be dishonest and "sinful" according to your fantasies.
''Are you that afraid of science and education? Are you that petty?'' Interesting. to reject your atheism is the equivalent of rejecting science and education.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#178672 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> ...We are not talking about werewolves. One does not have to believe in werewolves in order to believe in God..
Werewolves, pixies, gods - whatever. The difference is that the former superstitions are largely discredited. The latter is gradually being undermined by education and science and is increasingly being seen for what it is.

Religion = superstition
Get over it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min confrinting with ... 603,515
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Doctor Justice_ 880,448
The Christian Atheist debate 16 min Critical Eye 3,996
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 27 min WasteWater 8,311
NO ILLEGALS DRUGS in U.S. 47 min NO ILLEGALS DRUGS... 1
Rajkot gay Topix (Feb '15) 1 hr cool boy 237
dental seo 1 hr VerbatimMarketing 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Lyndi 177,899
More from around the web