Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
171,161 - 171,180 of 224,120 Comments Last updated 33 min ago

Since: Sep 13

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Atheism absolutely requires as much faith as any other religion.

Science uses the senses to repeatedly observe tested hypotheses. The fact that we're not able to sense God with our standard senses exempts this whole topic from science. You can't prove one way or the other. Anyone who tries claiming God exists or doesn't exist is saying so out of blind faith, and nothing more.

Logically speaking, it's easier to assume there was a creator of the universe. However, it is also possible to logically conclude there was not. Logic, reason, nor science are able to give a definite answer on this, and any claim for a definite conclusion one way or the other is based on faith.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Psalm 14:1

King James Version (KJV)

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Only fools believe fools.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Proverbs 18:2

Amplified Bible (AMP)

2 A [self-confident] fool has no delight in understanding but only in revealing his personal opinions and himself.

Know any fools that fit this discription?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

If you believe a fool, you are a fool because only fools believe in fools.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

danto wrote:
Science uses the senses to repeatedly observe tested hypotheses. The fact that we're not able to sense God with our standard senses exempts this whole topic from science. You can't prove one way or the other. Anyone who tries claiming God exists or doesn't exist is saying so out of blind faith, and nothing more.
Logically speaking, it's easier to assume there was a creator of the universe. However, it is also possible to logically conclude there was not. Logic, reason, nor science are able to give a definite answer on this, and any claim for a definite conclusion one way or the other is based on faith.
Here we go the Atheist will now o off topic.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
And how big a fool would someone have to be to think that a god sent a prophet to Earth?

http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...

Atheism is simply the rational position that there's no such thing as gods or pixies.

Religion = superstition

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

danto wrote:
Which god are you referring to?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
Proverbs 18:2
Amplified Bible (AMP)
2 A [self-confident] fool has no delight in understanding but only in revealing his personal opinions and himself.
Know any fools that fit this discription?
Many religionists sound like fools, e.g. homosexuality causes paedophilia..
http://euobserver.com/lgbti/29886
"A Roman Catholic bishop has called on EU leaders who are Christians to speak out against the Vatican if it makes "stupid" remarks, such as a recent declaration that homosexuality causes paedophilia."

Godbothering Creationists should be familiar with that 'belief', but secular society educated most of them in the end :-)
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Are you Mr T?
Eagle 12 wrote:

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>I all ready gave the answer to this question. I can't prove it to you.
1. You may not have one
2. Your reading comprehension may not be good enough.
3. You are so against the notion, which goes back to reason #1, such books do not carry your attention.

If you were honestly interested you would invest the time and money. Your hobby here is not soul searching it is denying. I would never carry out a conversation with someone I think is lying.
Your hobby is called "confirmation bias".

You're pretty good at it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
Fool.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>And how big a fool would someone have to be to think that a god sent a prophet to Earth?
Atheism is simply the rational position that there's no such thing as gods or pixies.
Religion = superstition
Many superstitions are good advice. do not walk under ladders. It is advice from an ancient group of writings with a style of the eras involved.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hobby is called "confirmation bias".
You're pretty good at it.
Let's keep it real if the man wanted to know what he ask, he would go to Barnes and Nobles or Amazon.com . The material is available. To be honest with you if he does my suggested reading he would see people that have reached the same conclusion he himself has reached, and that is he has no soul. We'd be back at square one, him just not taking many people's word on what they say. Remind you I KNOW I have him grossly out numbered in regards to how many people say they no they have a soul vs his sort. I believe he knows there is such thing, because he talks about it so often.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Many religionists sound like fools, e.g. homosexuality causes paedophilia..
"A Roman Catholic bishop has called on EU leaders who are Christians to speak out against the Vatican if it makes "stupid" remarks, such as a recent declaration that homosexuality causes paedophilia."
Godbothering Creationists should be familiar with that 'belief', but secular society educated most of them in the end :-)

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/gu...
Alfred Kinsey was the first to identify a correlation between homosexuality and the sexual abuse of minors. In 1948, he found that 37 percent of all male homosexuals admitted to having sex with children under 17 years old. More recently, in organs such as the Archives of Sexual Behavior, the Journal of Sex Research, the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy and Pediatrics, it has been established that homosexuals are disproportionately represented among child molesters.

Correlation is not causation; it is an association. So to say that there is a correlation between homosexual orientation and the sexual abuse of minors is not to say that being a
Sounds like what you are addressing took place in April of 2010 in Santiago Chile. Give us a break.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pedoph...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Are you Mr T?
<quoted text>
That was one of your better come backs, lol.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool.
Not by the biblical definition.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>And how big a fool would someone have to be to think that a god sent a prophet to Earth?
Religion = superstition
Have you ever heard the term “Fool Proof?”

Can you think of anything that's “Fool Proof?”

I mean really “Fool Proof.”

Would you like to know?

Answer: Heaven

There will be no fools in heaven.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard the term “Fool Proof?”
Can you think of anything that's “Fool Proof?”
I mean really “Fool Proof.”
Would you like to know?
Answer: Heaven
There will be no fools in heaven.
Are you death proof?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Many religionists sound like fools, e.g. homosexuality causes paedophilia..
Let me explain, a wise person sounds foolish to a fool. Simply because the fool is void of understanding truth and therefore accepts the word of other fools.

Fools live in a world of their own imagination and often like to prop up each others insecurity. Kind of like the little kid that heard something in the closet. And the little guy starts saying over and over,“there’s no such things as ghost.”

And the other little kid says,“yea, your right, there’s no such things as ghost.” Then both run out of the room in fear. Atheist are constantly trying to reassure each other there’s no God.

If truly an Atheist knew beyond the shadow of any doubt there was no God. He or she would be a peace with themselves. Instead about 200 times a day here on topix our Atheist friends keep saying,“There is no such thing as God.” Like the little kid that was scared. Over and over, many times a day.

Hoping if they say it enough times it will be true. But the only truth is their insecurity. I mean really, if I was an Atheist and knew God wasn’t real. I wouldn’t give a rats a** what other people believed.

But our topix atheist such as yourself aren’t really sure.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

danto wrote:
I think it initially requires faith to believe in God. But after the years one’s faith can mature to a place where it’s just not faith but tested faith. A faith that is based on personal experiences of seeing prayers answered, observing miracles, communication with God, and God communicating back.

Once an individual has tuned in their spirit with God and has learned how to communicate and listen to God. They are now living in a place beyond faith but in absolutes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

446 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min pusherman_ 532,656
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Charlie Sheen 256,458
Do you Recognize this Man? 16 min Bryan 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 17 min Naveen kumar 4,631
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min Lyndi 172,348
Nine Eleven 19 min passing by 8
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 24 min An NFL Fan 115,036
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr dirty white boy- 720,693
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••