Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
171,121 - 171,140 of 226,293 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178411 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor, you need to bone up on DNA. Thereís four types of DNA.
You failed miserably with your DNA from bone hypothesis, I think its about time you displayed for all to witness your fully formed man from a pile of dirt hypothesis. Ready....set......GO!!!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178412 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I know how many types of DNA there are. Your idea that God ripped a rib out because of the DNA present is laughable. You have further demonstrated how stupid your God is. This is FACT: Hair, blood and skin cells are highly porous. It is easy to extract DNA from these types of cells. Bones are calcified. It is VERY DIFFICULT to extract DNA from bone cells. Besides being unbelievably cruel and immoral, the God you worship is also incredibly stupid. The easy way for him to create a women was to simply extract a hair from the man. Instead he precedes to rip his rib out, thereby confirming his addiction to cruelty and gratuitous suffering. Thanks again for helping to prove how monstrous your God truly is.
Doctor, please, go back and think about what you were taught in pre-school. What is found inside of bones? The bones produce what?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178413 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>That is correct, Baboons as well as all other animals don't have Gods, they are smarter than that.
Doctor, your spring is too tight. The Vietnam war is over. You need to relax. The VC arenít going to cross the perimeter tonight. Take your 45 and drop the clip then eject the shell in the chamber. Put that damn gun away.

Itís going to be cool, just take a deep breath and chill, itís going to be alright. Weíre not on the Ho Chi Minh Trail. Charley is not going to get us tonight. Youíre in Boston. Thatís long way from Nam.

Itís going to be ok, thatís it just relax.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178414 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor, please, go back and think about what you were taught in pre-school. What is found inside of bones? The bones produce what?
Bone marrow that contains DNA, so God instead of the easy way with a hair or a speck of skin, now needs to not only tear the rib out of the man but then break it open and extract marrow. More evidence as to how stupid your God is. Which do you suppose is more painful, tearing out a rib or extracting a strand of hair? Which is obviously the most efficient? Which is easier? Your Gods a dope. Now on to your hypothesis on how the science works in order to get a fully formed male from a pile of dirt, yes yes, it needs to be blown on. What are your thoughts as to what affect blowing on a pile of dirt might have in creating a human? I can't wait for this answer!!!! If its anything like your, Whales don't have gills and have to surface to breath because God wanted us to thrill to the beauty of them broaching!!!!! Too F--cking funny. You certainly outdid yourself on that one.

blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178415 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor, your spring is too tight. The Vietnam war is over. You need to relax. The VC arenít going to cross the perimeter tonight. Take your 45 and drop the clip then eject the shell in the chamber. Put that damn gun away.
Itís going to be cool, just take a deep breath and chill, itís going to be alright. Weíre not on the Ho Chi Minh Trail. Charley is not going to get us tonight. Youíre in Boston. Thatís long way from Nam.
Itís going to be ok, thatís it just relax.
I prefer to not think about that time. The horrors I witnessed and the good friends I lost are most painful. I really would appreciate it if you would not go there, thanks.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178416 Sep 24, 2013
sorry for the double post, slow computer.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178417 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer to not think about that time. The horrors I witnessed and the good friends I lost are most painful. I really would appreciate it if you would not go there, thanks.
No one is saying your stupid Doctor. We all have different levels of experience and expertise. Bones my good Doctor do what beside offer skeletal support? There something inside bones not found anywhere else in the body.

And that something does what for the human body?

When you answer that you have the reason why God used a rib bone. I personally believe it was a fragment of a bone. 50 years ago when people thought about Adam having a rib removed it was funny.

But today, if you are a medical student or MD you have a clearer understanding what a rib bone can do. Did you know Doctor a rib bone can regenerate? Thatís right it can grow back. Also guess what else is in a rib bone? Stem Cells.

Sorry about the Nam thing. But you are wound up too tight. Relax Doctor. I'm not your enemy. I'm an American like you. You know freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of choice. I don't hate you because you are an Atheist. In fact I don't hate you at all.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#178418 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Church has been more than religion but a place where the kids made life long friendships. Most people are social creatures by nature. Most of us enjoy some company and friends. We socialize and have fun.
A place where men can gather up and tell their latest hunting stories. The women get together and chat about losing weight and their latest recipes. Itís a community gathering. Like a big family reunion every week.
Itís fellowship and community involvement. Your probably not interested in American History. But in the early days of America the church was also the school. Then the place for the local government to meet.
So life is also good with religion.
Yes, we are social animals. That does not make religion good though. People used to get together for all kinds of reasons, a house raising, barn dances, saloons, quilting bees, political meetings or just going into town on a Saturday for supplies.

BTW, buildings were in short supply at one time. That doesn't make any difference either.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#178419 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Bone marrow that contains DNA, so God instead of the easy way with a hair or a speck of skin, now needs to not only tear the rib out of the man but then break it open and extract marrow. More evidence as to how stupid your God is. Which do you suppose is more painful, tearing out a rib or extracting a strand of hair? Which is obviously the most efficient? Which is easier? Your Gods a dope. Now on to your hypothesis on how the science works in order to get a fully formed male from a pile of dirt, yes yes, it needs to be blown on. What are your thoughts as to what affect blowing on a pile of dirt might have in creating a human? I can't wait for this answer!!!! If its anything like your, Whales don't have gills and have to surface to breath because God wanted us to thrill to the beauty of them broaching!!!!! Too F--cking funny. You certainly outdid yourself on that one.
Lol, reminds me of C. Hitchens. He was about 8 or 10 and his teacher took the class for a walk. She remarked that she was so thankful that God had made the sky a beautiful blue and the grass green to please his children.

She went on to speculate how horrible it would have been if God had decided to make nature in repulsive clashing colors.

That was the first time Hitch realized that she had it backwards, it wasn't something he could fully articulate yet, but it started him thinking;0)

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#178420 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnít know flea markets were in Europe. Theyíre big business here in the US too. A lot of folks make their living buying items and selling them at flea markets or swap meets as they are sometimes called.
We even have reality TV shows surrounding these types of sales like ďStorage Wars, and American Pickers.Ē A lot of these items purchased at storage auctions and by Pickers end up being sold in flea markets.
Garage sales is another big business in the US. Every once in a while someone will find something very valuable and purchase if for almost nothing.
There are many flea markets in the summer outside and wintertime we have some big ones inside (38 736 sq ft mega flea market)

we have your storage wars program on tv here Yuuuuuuuuup!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#178421 Sep 25, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>funny are atheists in denial
and off topic
Yoda!!!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178422 Sep 25, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting. I posted over a year ago and some rotten Topix administrators with a moniker "Silent Assassins" sent viruses to me. Fortunately, I have excellent protection. I tell you, watch out for the rats in here. They learned my IP address. That is the only way they could have attacked me. I know it was them because it occurred about 5 min after my post that upset them. I am a freethinker and they could not handle it. Another free thinker I know that was attacked was Pomona Atheist. Remember him? Many christians hated him and they shut him down. I am only here to correct irrational thinking, which to me is scarey. I believe in Freedom of Expression, but religious folk abhor us. Just sayin'.
I remember Pomona Atheist. I wondered what had happened.

I, too, and behind a hardware firewall that is ironclad. I have a secondary line of defense as well. And finally? I have inhibited all scripts in Topix, save the ones that allow me to comment-- and none others.

Those tools keep me relatively safe.

I see, from your post, that I'm glad I was careful.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178423 Sep 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You said they were "atheists".
"Not religious" is NOT atheism.
I am not religious. I am not an atheist.
Is not possible to slam the Fundies without stooping to their deceitful practices ?
80%-90% of modern scientists do not believe in gods.

That makes them atheists, no matter how people like to spin things.

Anyone who does not have faith in god(s) is also an atheist, in the context I was writing.

I was being factual, even if some folk do not like the label "atheist".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178424 Sep 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your reasoning infallible?
You seem to be avoiding answering this simple question.
Which reveals that you suppressing the truth on this.
The above?

Is neither an argument in support of, nor evidence for, a god.

You lose by default: your god is still not real.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178425 Sep 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it, if God was never real to you then that means you never were a Christian.
Jesus refused to teach the Pharisees because their hearts were closed.
Did you seek for God with your whole heart, if you did you would have found Him.
The above?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178426 Sep 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So the bible cant be true because different people have translated older texts at different times?
No--the bible can't be true because it contains a multiplicity of mistakes, errors, lies, falsehoods, fairy-tales, misconceptions, lies, fiction, myths and so on.

In fact?

If something in the bible turns out to be factual?

That is **also** a mistake-- for it was never the **intent** of it's authors...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178427 Sep 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Read carefully, as an atheist you have no basis for morality.
You have no absolute standard if right and wrong.
If you do, share what it is.
The above?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178428 Sep 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You are missing the point.
Why do you get to define what atheism is?
Because **we** are **atheists**.

You are not.

You do not get to define the word we use to describe ourselves.

For one thing?

You clearly have no clue what "atheist" means...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178429 Sep 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
A lack of belief is a knowledge claim. You are claiming there is no evidence, which is a position.
You are not neutral.
If there **is** evidence?

PRESENT IT, AND WIN THE NOBEL PRIZE.

Can you do it?

No?

Hmmmmm....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178430 Sep 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know that absolutely how?
You are **not** special.

For one thing?

You are quite hateful in your attitude.

That right there? Pretty much means that any god you claim to represent is also hateful...

.... hmmmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 732,839
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Aura Mytha 599,854
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 538,836
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min yon 2,420
ECAU READ Bolt on hybrid system for fleet v... 7 min Stock Tip 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Pegasus 257,883
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 13 min okimar 53,190
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min bacon hater 94,654
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••