Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243483 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178481 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
cant prove and wont prove yet opens his trap and spams the forums with creationist symptoms
It’s not my fault how you were raised and how you turned out.

Go ahead and tell people how you were raised up. I didn’t have anything to do with it, nothing. And the bad decisions you made as an adult were yours and yours alone.

You could have changed but you decided to go a different direction. Who’s fault is that? Yours Mr. Skeptic.

People can decide for themselves to be happy and free from tyranny accepting freedom of choice. Without choice you have no liberty.

You are a fine example of what militant Atheism stands for Mr. Skeptic. Bitterness, hatred, tyranny, oppression, depression, suppression. No thank you, I don’t need your brand of government.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178482 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
cant prove and wont prove yet opens his trap and spams the forums with creationist symptoms
"Give me liberty, or give me death!"

wiki:

"Give me liberty, or give me death!" is a quotation attributed to Patrick Henry from a speech he made to the Virginia Convention. On that day, at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia, he is credited with having swung the balance in convincing the Virginia House of Burgesses to pass a resolution delivering the Virginia troops to the Revolutionary War. Among the delegates to the convention were future U.S. Presidents Thomas Jefferson and George Washington.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178483 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
You asked me a question so I will answer.
I’m a free man living in a free country. My forefathers purchased our freedom with great sacrifice. That gives me the right to free speech and the right of freedom of religion.
I know that’s a really hard pill for militant Atheist to take. People living free and embracing freedom. But in my country we can and have a choice.
This site does not belong to this group or that group. It is an open forum. Do you understand what that means? Open, meaning free people can come on here and express their views. This is not North Korea.
If you want to go to the closed society like North Korea. Knock yourself out and go over there and starve with them. You’ll like it because there’s no freedom. The fantasy many Atheist have that religion is going to go away some day is just that a fantasy.
Religion is not going away, never. I don’t agree with every religion but I do agree that people can believe as they choose including the right not to believe. Freedom, my friend means just that, freedom.
I never thought that would ever have to defend the right to be free. But I have found the old communist guard lives on. And they would love nothing more than to rid the world of freedom.
Um...good for you?

Utterly nothing to do with the topic of this discussion, but whatever...
LCNLin

United States

#178484 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom means freedom from bullsh*t
and your cult is bullsh*t.

If you cult claims god is real, it needs to prove it in a court of law before it prints books or builds buildings or gets involved with abortion or politics of any kind.
That's how the world works for everything else.
If you don't want to go through a court of law to prove your cult. then you need to class it at "fiction" and stop lying to everyone around you.
"...from bullsh*t and your cult is bullsh*t...."

Another funny example of atheists using reason and science to prove their religion ...
oh they never admit to that :-)
<laughing>
LCNLin

United States

#178485 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need to do is prove the god you're lying to us about, and you instantly stop sucking at life.
ATHEISM

"Just
Prove
It"
So far you have given us no indication that you have proof ;-)
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178486 Sep 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...good for you?
Utterly nothing to do with the topic of this discussion, but whatever...
exactly,makes one wonder if hes so happy why is he here every day deffending his Evil cult of chrisINSANITY !

now watch the other Kristain Trolls come running soon as they see atheist post!LLLL
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#178487 Sep 26, 2013

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178488 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
You asked me a question so I will answer.
I’m a free man living in a free country. My forefathers purchased our freedom with great sacrifice. That gives me the right to free speech and the right of freedom of religion.
I know that’s a really hard pill for militant Atheist to take. People living free and embracing freedom. But in my country we can and have a choice.
This site does not belong to this group or that group. It is an open forum. Do you understand what that means? Open, meaning free people can come on here and express their views. This is not North Korea.
If you want to go to the closed society like North Korea. Knock yourself out and go over there and starve with them. You’ll like it because there’s no freedom. The fantasy many Atheist have that religion is going to go away some day is just that a fantasy.
Religion is not going away, never. I don’t agree with every religion but I do agree that people can believe as they choose including the right not to believe. Freedom, my friend means just that, freedom.
I never thought that would ever have to defend the right to be free. But I have found the old communist guard lives on. And they would love nothing more than to rid the world of freedom.
You could not be more correct. I am yet to see an atheist structured society permit freedom of religion. These dolts that post here, don't get it does not end there. If they want proof, prove their own tolerance.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178489 Sep 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You could not be more correct. I am yet to see an atheist structured society permit freedom of religion. These dolts that post here, don't get it does not end there. If they want proof, prove their own tolerance.
LLLLLLLLLLL
youve just proved my point you stupid LARD azz!

idiocy and christINSANITY goes hand in hand,yes!

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178490 Sep 26, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
LLLLLLLLLLL
youve just proved my point you stupid LARD azz!
idiocy and christINSANITY goes hand in hand,yes!
Thank you for proving my point.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178491 Sep 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...good for you?
Utterly nothing to do with the topic of this discussion, but whatever...
Freedom of choice and religion has everything to do with the subject at hand.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178492 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of choice and religion has everything to do with the subject at hand.
Well, actually, its not...but if you haven't learned to read by this point in your life I don't think I can help you...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178493 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
cant prove and wont prove yet opens his trap and spams the forums with creationist symptoms
Ride over to Iran Mr. Ichabod Crane and tell them there's no God. See how long it takes them to turn you into the headless horseman. They don't have a problem with ending your misery.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178494 Sep 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You could not be more correct. I am yet to see an atheist structured society permit freedom of religion. These dolts that post here, don't get it does not end there. If they want proof, prove their own tolerance.
Some of these people would love to put us in box cars and rail road us to the death camps.

If it ever came to that I would take aim for their bellybutton. It’s below the body armor and secondly there’s already a hole there.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178495 Sep 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, its not...but if you haven't learned to read by this point in your life I don't think I can help you...
Sorry Scooter, you're wrong. So get on your skateboard and go down the street and stay out of traffic.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#178496 Sep 26, 2013
You know... there is no more tolerance from people who believe in a god than there is from some of the people who do not believe in a god. Arguing about it is not tolerance.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#178497 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ride over to Iran Mr. Ichabod Crane and tell them there's no God. See how long it takes them to turn you into the headless horseman. They don't have a problem with ending your misery.
How about you ride over there and tell them Jesus is god, and see what happens hombre. Hell you can just go and say
"Hey yall, I an American!" You will be on the 5 o clock news and an international incident.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178498 Sep 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...good for you?
Utterly nothing to do with the topic of this discussion, but whatever...
You have the audacity to post that comment. OK, PROVE that The Universe started without any sort of creator. Before you make a fool of yourself. It would be your word against Stephen Hawkins, the present Keeper of the Chair at Cambridge. I apologize in advance I am not taking your word over his. Good luck finding that missing link, as if. Your post gets the golden "WHATEVER! award".

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178499 Sep 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, its not...but if you haven't learned to read by this point in your life I don't think I can help you...
You're rich, you either have no soul or will destroy it with your backwards thinking, and you would suggest someone else needs help.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#178500 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Scooter, you're wrong. So get on your skateboard and go down the street and stay out of traffic.
Hey Eagle.

Are you neglecting your business responsibilities?

I hope the business success story wasn't a tall tale.

If it was, your god may just send you to the lake of fire.

Not a good way to reach the end of the trail, cowboy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 596,633
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min nanoanomaly 855,624
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min DebraE 100,766
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 3 min WasteWater 6,155
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 4 min WasteWater 664
Cat Lovers (Aug '07) 11 min Kelly Joanne Cannon 4,406
The Christian Atheist debate 15 min Lbj 1,054
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 177,216
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 612,646
More from around the web