Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178399 Sep 24, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't care about the post from your christian friend where he called captain coward an atheist
You are an idiot!
Agreed it is a term I've been noticing the worm meat post regularly. It brings the facts I posted to mind.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178400 Sep 24, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is good without religion i don't have to go to church on sunday and don't have to feel bad for existing
True but you need a soul to move on. I take your word for it that you don't have one.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178401 Sep 24, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
and they don't exist in real life
They exist in is or her heart, mind and soul. That is real.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#178402 Sep 24, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. That is fantasy.

I recommend Haldol.

"Haldol is used to help a patient keep in touch with reality and reduce mental problems associated with acute schizophrenia."

http://whatmeds.stanford.edu/medications/halo...
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178403 Sep 24, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
still LYING to yourself Chunkyboy

thats the Evil of xian indoctrination
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178404 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The same can be done with a single hair, or a fingernail clipping, or a cheek swab, why the yanking out of a man's rib. See how you have displayed once again how truly cruel your God is. he could have simply pulled a strand of hair and accomplished the same thing.
Now would you like to advance your theory on man from a pile of freakin dirt?
Doctor, you need to bone up on DNA. Thereís four types of DNA.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178405 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>ALL of these things can be done without the poisonous effects of religion. Actually there is nothing that can be done by a religious organization that can't be done by any secular group. And done without the poison religions brings with it.
True, very true Doctor. Even Baboons can have social groups. But the difference is Baboons donít go to church. Same as Atheist.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178406 Sep 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You are Len Fairclough.
<quoted text>
I donít know about Len. We Americans donít watch too many Brit shows other than Bond, James Bond.

By the way, when you guys going to take Pierce Morgan back? What ever he did wrong please forgive him and let him come back home.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178407 Sep 24, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Work at a supermarket and one of my hobbies is vising and buying things at flea Markets all over stockholm county
I didnít know flea markets were in Europe. Theyíre big business here in the US too. A lot of folks make their living buying items and selling them at flea markets or swap meets as they are sometimes called.

We even have reality TV shows surrounding these types of sales like ďStorage Wars, and American Pickers.Ē A lot of these items purchased at storage auctions and by Pickers end up being sold in flea markets.

Garage sales is another big business in the US. Every once in a while someone will find something very valuable and purchase if for almost nothing.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178408 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know how many types of DNA there are. Your idea that God ripped a rib out because of the DNA present is laughable. You have further demonstrated how stupid your God is. This is FACT: Hair, blood and skin cells are highly porous. It is easy to extract DNA from these types of cells. Bones are calcified. It is VERY DIFFICULT to extract DNA from bone cells. Besides being unbelievably cruel and immoral, the God you worship is also incredibly stupid. The easy way for him to create a women was to simply extract a hair from the man. Instead he precedes to rip his rib out, thereby confirming his addiction to cruelty and gratuitous suffering. Thanks again for helping to prove how monstrous your God truly is.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178409 Sep 24, 2013
who="Robert Stevens"]<quoted text>
True but you need a soul to move on. I take your word for it that you don't have one.
"You need a soul to move on, is a POSITIVE CLAIM and needs to be supported with evidence (see below) I can wait!!!!!

"When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed"
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178410 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
True, very true Doctor. Even Baboons can have social groups. But the difference is Baboons donít go to church. Same as Atheist.
That is correct, Baboons as well as all other animals don't have Gods, they are smarter than that.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178411 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed miserably with your DNA from bone hypothesis, I think its about time you displayed for all to witness your fully formed man from a pile of dirt hypothesis. Ready....set......GO!!!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178412 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I know how many types of DNA there are. Your idea that God ripped a rib out because of the DNA present is laughable. You have further demonstrated how stupid your God is. This is FACT: Hair, blood and skin cells are highly porous. It is easy to extract DNA from these types of cells. Bones are calcified. It is VERY DIFFICULT to extract DNA from bone cells. Besides being unbelievably cruel and immoral, the God you worship is also incredibly stupid. The easy way for him to create a women was to simply extract a hair from the man. Instead he precedes to rip his rib out, thereby confirming his addiction to cruelty and gratuitous suffering. Thanks again for helping to prove how monstrous your God truly is.
Doctor, please, go back and think about what you were taught in pre-school. What is found inside of bones? The bones produce what?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178413 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>That is correct, Baboons as well as all other animals don't have Gods, they are smarter than that.
Doctor, your spring is too tight. The Vietnam war is over. You need to relax. The VC arenít going to cross the perimeter tonight. Take your 45 and drop the clip then eject the shell in the chamber. Put that damn gun away.

Itís going to be cool, just take a deep breath and chill, itís going to be alright. Weíre not on the Ho Chi Minh Trail. Charley is not going to get us tonight. Youíre in Boston. Thatís long way from Nam.

Itís going to be ok, thatís it just relax.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178414 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor, please, go back and think about what you were taught in pre-school. What is found inside of bones? The bones produce what?
Bone marrow that contains DNA, so God instead of the easy way with a hair or a speck of skin, now needs to not only tear the rib out of the man but then break it open and extract marrow. More evidence as to how stupid your God is. Which do you suppose is more painful, tearing out a rib or extracting a strand of hair? Which is obviously the most efficient? Which is easier? Your Gods a dope. Now on to your hypothesis on how the science works in order to get a fully formed male from a pile of dirt, yes yes, it needs to be blown on. What are your thoughts as to what affect blowing on a pile of dirt might have in creating a human? I can't wait for this answer!!!! If its anything like your, Whales don't have gills and have to surface to breath because God wanted us to thrill to the beauty of them broaching!!!!! Too F--cking funny. You certainly outdid yourself on that one.

blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178415 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor, your spring is too tight. The Vietnam war is over. You need to relax. The VC arenít going to cross the perimeter tonight. Take your 45 and drop the clip then eject the shell in the chamber. Put that damn gun away.
Itís going to be cool, just take a deep breath and chill, itís going to be alright. Weíre not on the Ho Chi Minh Trail. Charley is not going to get us tonight. Youíre in Boston. Thatís long way from Nam.
Itís going to be ok, thatís it just relax.
I prefer to not think about that time. The horrors I witnessed and the good friends I lost are most painful. I really would appreciate it if you would not go there, thanks.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178416 Sep 24, 2013
sorry for the double post, slow computer.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178417 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer to not think about that time. The horrors I witnessed and the good friends I lost are most painful. I really would appreciate it if you would not go there, thanks.
No one is saying your stupid Doctor. We all have different levels of experience and expertise. Bones my good Doctor do what beside offer skeletal support? There something inside bones not found anywhere else in the body.

And that something does what for the human body?

When you answer that you have the reason why God used a rib bone. I personally believe it was a fragment of a bone. 50 years ago when people thought about Adam having a rib removed it was funny.

But today, if you are a medical student or MD you have a clearer understanding what a rib bone can do. Did you know Doctor a rib bone can regenerate? Thatís right it can grow back. Also guess what else is in a rib bone? Stem Cells.

Sorry about the Nam thing. But you are wound up too tight. Relax Doctor. I'm not your enemy. I'm an American like you. You know freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of choice. I don't hate you because you are an Atheist. In fact I don't hate you at all.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#178418 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Church has been more than religion but a place where the kids made life long friendships. Most people are social creatures by nature. Most of us enjoy some company and friends. We socialize and have fun.
A place where men can gather up and tell their latest hunting stories. The women get together and chat about losing weight and their latest recipes. Itís a community gathering. Like a big family reunion every week.
Itís fellowship and community involvement. Your probably not interested in American History. But in the early days of America the church was also the school. Then the place for the local government to meet.
So life is also good with religion.
Yes, we are social animals. That does not make religion good though. People used to get together for all kinds of reasons, a house raising, barn dances, saloons, quilting bees, political meetings or just going into town on a Saturday for supplies.

BTW, buildings were in short supply at one time. That doesn't make any difference either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dally Mama 764,455
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min truth 603,604
Moses never existed 27 min truth 555
Dog Food Secrets 55 min Jack dog training 1
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr leyan sha 1,180
(Last Update) All grand theft auto cheats for P... 1 hr gta cheats 1
Secrets To Dog Training: Stop Your Dog's Behavi... 1 hr Jack Miller 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 554,868
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 263,441
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Catcher1 175,040