Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
171,101 - 171,120 of 226,141 Comments Last updated 19 min ago
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Thinking wrote:
An all powerful god wouldn't need a rib.
It would just be able to sequence the DNA, etc, without sampling.
More proof of no god or just a silly story?
<quoted text>
funny are atheists in denial
and off topic

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-...

I keep telling you Topix atheist guys you ain't just drifting off to eternal sheepy bye when you die. All sorts of stuff happens before your candle goes out for good.

Everything you have learned here, your "knowledge" and certainties, are the first thing to go.

You are not going to enjoy the experience.

But think and be certain what happens if it makes you feel better.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

http://scitechdaily.com/ocean-eddies-mathemat...

Kinda the way things work. I've discussed this before.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Work at a supermarket and one of my hobbies is vising and buying things at flea Markets all over stockholm county
Two thumbs up!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeez Doc, you rained on my parade. Did you have to pop all the balloons. We were having fun!
As we have said before about Mr. Gates. He doesnít know what he believes but most believe him as agnostic.
I wasnít aware of these small and insignificant Atheist Humanities. Iím sure the $5 or $10 the Atheists Relief Fund collects every year is going to make a big difference.
Now the IHEU.ďOur vision is a Humanist world; a world in which human rights are respected and everyone is able to live a life of dignity.Ē
Human rights in my opinion also is the right for freedom of religion. But few Atheist believe a person should have the right to freedom of religion. So their vision is perhaps misleading?
Now letís discuss the DFW Atheist Helping the homeless.
Giving your brother-n-law a place to stay and calling it helping the homeless is really not what I would call a charity in in the big scope of things. There are four members to this tiny and insignificant little group.
You Doctor, my good Doctor are blowing smoke up our *ss.
A exaggeration and wishful thinking on your part Doctor. The fact of the matter with the exception of a few individual Atheist. There is no ďrealĒ impact by Atheist in the humanities. And thereís not going to be because Atheist are selfish by nature.
I do realize how embarrassing it must be for you to be exposed as not only mean spirited, but a bold faced liar. That you would belittle and ridicule anyone for helping their fellow brothers and sisters, even in a small way, shows just how callused you really are. The organizations I mentioned do not have the financial resources that large religious organizations like the Catholic Church have. However, the Atheists organization don't have most of their members buggering little child up the azz either. Nor do we make the less fortunate sit through a sermon before they are allowed to eat. In other words we don't hold their sandwiches hostage.

Here is the claim you made in regards to charitable undertakings..."Atheists don't have ANYTHING. Nothing, because like I said as an organized caring group they don't participate, and they NEVER will participate i any serious organized effort."

I the posts a number of Atheist organizations that proved you to be a boldfaced liar. And the only response you can come back with is to claim they only collect $5.00 to $10.00 dollars, another lie.

Foundations Beyond Belief.

1,501 giving member
27,307 Volunteers
51,400 Humanists giving

Donations to date $1,090,995 A far cry from 5's and 10's

International Humanists ans Ethical Union.

Been in business for 50 years, 100 organizations spread over 40 countries

You have been exposed as a liar, and I am glad I had the opportunity to expose you for all to see. I certainly hope you have learned your lesson, but I don't hold much hope that this is the case. Once a liar always a liar.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

You are Len Fairclough.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Two thumbs up!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Church has been more than religion but a place where the kids made life long friendships. Most people are social creatures by nature. Most of us enjoy some company and friends. We socialize and have fun.
A place where men can gather up and tell their latest hunting stories. The women get together and chat about losing weight and their latest recipes. Itís a community gathering. Like a big family reunion every week.
Itís fellowship and community involvement. Your probably not interested in American History. But in the early days of America the church was also the school. Then the place for the local government to meet.
So life is also good with religion.
ALL of these things can be done without the poisonous effects of religion. Actually there is nothing that can be done by a religious organization that can't be done by any secular group. And done without the poison religions brings with it.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A bone fragment contains what my good Doctor?
The building blocks for human life such as DNA.
With DNA life can be duplicated. A minor adjustment here or there and you could have a female.
It doesn't sound so crazy after all now does it Doctor?
The same can be done with a single hair, or a fingernail clipping, or a cheek swab, why the yanking out of a man's rib. See how you have displayed once again how truly cruel your God is. he could have simply pulled a strand of hair and accomplished the same thing.

Now would you like to advance your theory on man from a pile of freakin dirt?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't care about the post from your christian friend where he called captain coward an atheist
You are an idiot!
Agreed it is a term I've been noticing the worm meat post regularly. It brings the facts I posted to mind.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is good without religion i don't have to go to church on sunday and don't have to feel bad for existing
True but you need a soul to move on. I take your word for it that you don't have one.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
and they don't exist in real life
They exist in is or her heart, mind and soul. That is real.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. That is fantasy.

I recommend Haldol.

"Haldol is used to help a patient keep in touch with reality and reduce mental problems associated with acute schizophrenia."

http://whatmeds.stanford.edu/medications/halo...
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
still LYING to yourself Chunkyboy

thats the Evil of xian indoctrination
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The same can be done with a single hair, or a fingernail clipping, or a cheek swab, why the yanking out of a man's rib. See how you have displayed once again how truly cruel your God is. he could have simply pulled a strand of hair and accomplished the same thing.
Now would you like to advance your theory on man from a pile of freakin dirt?
Doctor, you need to bone up on DNA. Thereís four types of DNA.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>ALL of these things can be done without the poisonous effects of religion. Actually there is nothing that can be done by a religious organization that can't be done by any secular group. And done without the poison religions brings with it.
True, very true Doctor. Even Baboons can have social groups. But the difference is Baboons donít go to church. Same as Atheist.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Thinking wrote:
You are Len Fairclough.
<quoted text>
I donít know about Len. We Americans donít watch too many Brit shows other than Bond, James Bond.

By the way, when you guys going to take Pierce Morgan back? What ever he did wrong please forgive him and let him come back home.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Work at a supermarket and one of my hobbies is vising and buying things at flea Markets all over stockholm county
I didnít know flea markets were in Europe. Theyíre big business here in the US too. A lot of folks make their living buying items and selling them at flea markets or swap meets as they are sometimes called.

We even have reality TV shows surrounding these types of sales like ďStorage Wars, and American Pickers.Ē A lot of these items purchased at storage auctions and by Pickers end up being sold in flea markets.

Garage sales is another big business in the US. Every once in a while someone will find something very valuable and purchase if for almost nothing.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor, you need to bone up on DNA. Thereís four types of DNA.
Yes I know how many types of DNA there are. Your idea that God ripped a rib out because of the DNA present is laughable. You have further demonstrated how stupid your God is. This is FACT: Hair, blood and skin cells are highly porous. It is easy to extract DNA from these types of cells. Bones are calcified. It is VERY DIFFICULT to extract DNA from bone cells. Besides being unbelievably cruel and immoral, the God you worship is also incredibly stupid. The easy way for him to create a women was to simply extract a hair from the man. Instead he precedes to rip his rib out, thereby confirming his addiction to cruelty and gratuitous suffering. Thanks again for helping to prove how monstrous your God truly is.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

who="Robert Stevens"]<quoted text>
True but you need a soul to move on. I take your word for it that you don't have one.
"You need a soul to move on, is a POSITIVE CLAIM and needs to be supported with evidence (see below) I can wait!!!!!

"When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed"
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
True, very true Doctor. Even Baboons can have social groups. But the difference is Baboons donít go to church. Same as Atheist.
That is correct, Baboons as well as all other animals don't have Gods, they are smarter than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min curiouslu 732,419
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 538,575
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min JudgeNJury 257,744
King of the hill! (game) (Feb '12) 43 min Some1 Else 1,240
Jermain Taylor is EVIL 47 min Doctor REALITY 2
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 54 min Doctor REALITY 2,403
These Honorable Men 1 hr paul shykora arts 6
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr dirty white boy- 599,723
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Clearwater 173,252
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••